Mercy Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

First Hospital Job
Nurse Extern; Staff Nurse - L/D (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 15, 2017
An exciting adventure began here for me as a new nurse. The challenges were a wealth of knowledge and a great foundation. Labor and delivery was beyond wonderful.
Mercy Regional
Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 28, 2017
This is a great place to work. The job is very busy on a day to day basis with xrays, fluoroscopies, surgeries and portables. The management is very nice and encourage you to advance. The people that work there are great. Unfortunately my circumstances changed and I required full time work.
could be great place but avoids change and has growing issues with quality of care
Director Of Rehabilitation services (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 26, 2017
Mercy has a long and storied history. The community loves the facility. The culture has become lax and slow to change. Executive leadership has been there for decades and keeps using same old tactics to deal with change and increased competition in the market. they are inflexible and Nursing needs to move into to 21st century.
biggest issue is quality impeded by both physicians ans nurses who want the status Quo and to keep the environment. The best and brightest are held back by the old guard. .

mercy could benefit from new executive leadership.
Pros
Part of large health system
Cons
slow to change and apperantently fine with status Quo
No communication or security
Financial Counseling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 19, 2017
Poorly managed and constant system turnover. No communication and took massive pay cuts during employment. No growth potential and security with the position held.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad communication, no advancement or job security for position
Patient satisfaction is a top priority.
Utilization Review Nurse, Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Durango, COApril 19, 2017
Good patient satisfaction scores. Quality of patient care is emphasized and staff agrees with this as being a top priority. Education is directed at providing excellent care to our patients.
Great company to work for.
Director of Ortho/Neuro Unit, Stroke Unit (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 18, 2017
Great place to work, great opportunities for growth. Uphold values and standards. Management attempts to listen to employees to continue to improve in a changing environment.
Great work/life balance
Radiology PACS System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMarch 20, 2017
Excellent work/life balance in a great location for the outdoor enthusiast. Excellent, friendly coworkers with a great cafeteria. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Great pay, with a great work life balance
Cons
Remote location
Decent for Acute Care
RN/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 16, 2017
Health care is very busy and you never seem to have enough hands available to assist in caring for your patients. This was no exception. Some days were better than others.
the nurses there are very nice
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 9, 2017
The nurses that are employed there are smart and work together to make sure every patient is safe and comfortable. I have made many great friends, whom I was lucky to work beside. Management there is definitely not what is used to be and they often take advantage of their employees. I learned so much being there and was grateful fort the experience
Pros
medical benefits, free turkeys at thanksgiving
Cons
terrible management
Great
Medical Office Coordinator/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield Village, OHDecember 28, 2016
I've been working for Mercy in the general surgery department and I love it. I can say I have awesome benefits through the company as well.
Always interesting
Team Leader ED tech (Current Employee) –  Durango, CODecember 12, 2016
I work in the emergency department, which is always something different each day. My coworkers are a great bunch of folks, and the job itself is quite rewarding. I have learned quite a bit of medical information over the years.
Pros
challenginig
Cons
occasionally stressful
Used to be great
Clinical services (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 16, 2016
Things changed when we moved into the new hospital and went corporate. Staff is stressed. Has lost that family feel that we once had. Will use you and abuse you if you let them.
Stable workplace with lots of perks
ER Registrar / Tech /Occupation Health (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 10, 2015
This facility takes care of its employees. It is a great place to work with stability in all aspects. this facility is part of a bigger system and offers wonderful benefits for individual or families
Pros
Stability and Great Benefits
Cons
Work Schedules
Cath Lab: Don't do it!!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  DurangoSeptember 16, 2015
The staff in the Cath Lab is great, so coworkers are awesome. This is the ONLY pro. Management treats the staff like garbage, while corporate backs them up while they do it. I mean, management does ILLEGAL things to the staff...because they can. Do NOT accept a job in this Cath Lab!!!!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hostile work environment, constantly threatened by management
look my mercy family
H.I.M. Tech (Current Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAAugust 3, 2015
I love the ppl that work at mercy. I have worked with mercy prn for 9 yrs. my fulltime jobs hours were recently reduced and I woul love to stay with mercy but they wont give me the hours.
Worst Management ive ever experienced
Phlebotomy Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 21, 2015
Mercy was the worst experience of my life. Management was absolutely horrible. They would promise you one thing then as soon as it wasn't perfect for them they turn your world upside down and don't give to cares about their employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Horrible pay, Bad management.
Benefits and pay are great but not worth the stress
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 19, 2015
I enjoy being able to talk with the patients and other staff members and get to know them.
I do not like the hours and what this job has turned me into. Overall I am not satisfied with this job and feel as if I am being underutilized and would be much happier doing something else.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
work load
My coworkers were the highlight of the job
Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 21, 2015
My coworkers were very hard working and dependable. It felt like family every day. A typical day could be very busy, but we also had slower seasons as well. Educational opportunities are available and I was able to receive multiple certifications through this company to advance my skills and knowledge.
enjoy interacting with the patients
Mercy Physician Practices (Current Employee) –  3700 Kolbe Road Lorain, Ohio 44053February 13, 2015
Like-I enjoy the relationship/interacting with the patients.
Dislike-Not all employees are treated fairly on management level
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized office/no communication or support from adminstration/managers
Stressful work envireonment
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 20, 2015
Almost everyday it was necessary to put fires out that could have been prevented. You had to be in the click of leadership to understand and prevent surprises, but very few were allowed in.
Pros
Full time job
Cons
No chance for advancement, benefits were cut

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mercy Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location