Mercy Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Stable workplace with lots of perks
ER Registrar / Tech /Occupation Health (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 10, 2015
This facility takes care of its employees. It is a great place to work with stability in all aspects. this facility is part of a bigger system and offers wonderful benefits for individual or families
Pros
Stability and Great Benefits
Cons
Work Schedules
Cath Lab: Don't do it!!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  DurangoSeptember 16, 2015
The staff in the Cath Lab is great, so coworkers are awesome. This is the ONLY pro. Management treats the staff like garbage, while corporate backs them up while they do it. I mean, management does ILLEGAL things to the staff...because they can. Do NOT accept a job in this Cath Lab!!!!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hostile work environment, constantly threatened by management
Worst Management ive ever experienced
Phlebotomy Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 21, 2015
Mercy was the worst experience of my life. Management was absolutely horrible. They would promise you one thing then as soon as it wasn't perfect for them they turn your world upside down and don't give to cares about their employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Horrible pay, Bad management.
Benefits and pay are great but not worth the stress
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 19, 2015
I enjoy being able to talk with the patients and other staff members and get to know them.
I do not like the hours and what this job has turned me into. Overall I am not satisfied with this job and feel as if I am being underutilized and would be much happier doing something else.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
work load
My coworkers were the highlight of the job
Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 21, 2015
My coworkers were very hard working and dependable. It felt like family every day. A typical day could be very busy, but we also had slower seasons as well. Educational opportunities are available and I was able to receive multiple certifications through this company to advance my skills and knowledge.
enjoy interacting with the patients
Mercy Physician Practices (Current Employee) –  3700 Kolbe Road Lorain, Ohio 44053February 13, 2015
Like-I enjoy the relationship/interacting with the patients.
Dislike-Not all employees are treated fairly on management level
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unorganized office/no communication or support from adminstration/managers
Stressful work envireonment
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 20, 2015
Almost everyday it was necessary to put fires out that could have been prevented. You had to be in the click of leadership to understand and prevent surprises, but very few were allowed in.
Pros
full time job
Cons
no chance for advancement, benefits were cut
Decent Healthcare for a small town
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 16, 2015
Nice, clean facility. Easily passed Joint Comission inspections.
Very busy but fun
Nutrition services associate (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OhioNovember 17, 2014
The job was taking the patients meal order for the day.the first thing I did was check to see what floor of the hospital was my responsibility. I would count to see how many patients i had on the floor, Call the floor secretary to see if diets were correct. Change any diets if i need to, then i would call the rooms to make sure the patients got what they wanted to eat. Put the patients meals together then deliver them to the rooms. I follow HIPPA laws by asking name and birthday for the tray to make sure I give the right person the tray. Then pick up dirty trays after everyone eats
Pros
not a difficult job, meet a lot of nice people
Cons
don't always have the time to spend with patients depending on menu
Mercy Regional Medical Center
Patient Access Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed my 17 years at Mercy Regional Medical Center.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with Patients and their Families, to ensure they were as comfortable and happy with their visit as I could make them.

I helped to make sure we had sufficient staffing in the Out Patient Lab, Surgical Welcome Desk, Emergency Room Registration Department and Family Liaison Desk areas. I also help to oversee the Insurance Verification and Scheduling Departments. At times, I would help-out and perform the duties hat were assigned to all of the departments above. I helped to prepare payroll and any reports that were needed. I helped with the interview process and training of all new Employees.
Pros
working with patients and their families
Very good hospital with excellent doctors and nurses.
Admissions Specialist/PBX Operator, ER - Full-time (Current Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 1, 2014
I worked the graveyard shift in the Emergency Room from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. therefore my experience with the job was varied. I learned a great deal about the new healthcare industry with the new ObamaCare requirements, verified insurance and registered patients with the Miditech software program, and met a great group of like-minded people.
The most difficult part of the job, besides the hours, was seeing the tragedy that enters the Emergency Room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help. It is a gratifying feeling to know that when bad things happen, I can help.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
hours and viewing tragic situations, particularly with children.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Paid market rate and excellent supervisors.
amazing
Front End Admit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJuly 14, 2014
This Small town hospital is an excellent place to work! Stay away from the office gossip sessions and remain professional at all times and you can succeed. Make your schedule requirements known upfront and at any time that you feel you need to make changes. remain flexible but don't be overworked...you will be burning your candle at both ends!
very busy work environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 20, 2014
Great company to work for, very family oriented environment.
Average place to work
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 1, 2014
Best part of working here, I was able to work 3 (12 hr) days and have 4 days to enjoy my personal life.

Left job to re-locate back East to be closer to ill family member.
Nice place to work with friendly people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 30, 2014
move from units, enter orders into computer, answer multi lines, fax, file, create new patient charts, break down old charts, lab work sent out, call discharge and more
Pros
nice staff and friendly place to work
Cons
short breaks
Mercy overall
Physician Trainer (Former Employee) –  Education DepartmentJanuary 20, 2014
I had been with Mercy Regional Medical Center for 13 years. I loved working for Mercy. I liked how the core measures of the Mission were known and see in daily decisions. Over all I would recomend Mercy as an employer, and if I had not been laid off I would be there still!
Pros
good benifit package, being part of centura there is good support.
Cons
the "family" feel of mercy is not what it used to be since we joined centura, but the individual departments are great.
Productive and fast-paced.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Very educational and informative radiologists to work with.
see below
Database Coordinator-CV Services (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHDecember 19, 2013
Very unorganized,management changed yearly,directors unable to lead departments when they lacked experience in that arena.A typical day,had no time for breaks, the hardest part was begging daily for computer help,as hardware was in death mode,programs were never installed, and deadlines were extremely difficult to meet.Learnt to seek alternate means to retrieve necessary data in effort to get job done.The best part was that I was left alone,no one cared what I did,if I was there,as long as the reporting was done as needed.
Pros
most regular staff pleasant and helpful, free coffee 24/7
Cons
if census was down, take vacation time-result-no planned pto in 4 yrs
workplace is relaxed
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 17, 2013
This employer is not a fair employer to work for. I learned that co-workers are not always going to do what they say they are going to do. The hardest part of the job was working with sick people.
Pros
meet new people everyday
Cons
unfair reasons of letting you go