Mercy Suburban Hospital Employee Reviews

Friendly Atmosphere
Stroke and Heart Failure Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PADecember 3, 2015
Currently going through ownership change. Will benefit from this change. Was a friendly, collegial place to work. Pay and benefits fair.
A good teaching hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 8, 2015
The best part of my job is giving direct care to the patients. I enjoy going to work because my coworkers are the best when it comes to supporting one another.
Public Happiness
Outpatient Billing Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 2, 2015
The best part about my job is working with the public and being able to bring a smile to their face. I have worked in this company for many of years and the the coworkers are more like a family, I have been able to build both professional and personal relationship within this company.
this place was not so great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed the proximity of the location to my house. I also liked how well I was compensated. I didn't like that the managers had their favorites, and it was clear to see with the privaleges they recieved.
Good
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Good I like it great company. Learned a lot. Great co-workers. Hardest is the surgery. Love the surgery.
Pros
work
a professional work place for people to work
Discharge Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 7, 2014
productive workplace, professional environment some good benefits but slow advancement opportunities
Pros
professional ampmosphere
Cons
possibility of layoff;s
Very Friendly Workplace
CAT SCAN Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PaAugust 4, 2014
Mercy Suburban is a very nice place to work. Lots of encouragement and support
Overall good work environment with high patient quality standards
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PaJune 29, 2014
Multitasking, flexiable, supportive. Ability to directly impact patient/family lives. Provide high quality delivery of care and standards.
Pros
supportive
It was my first job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  lansdale, PAMarch 20, 2014
I enjoyed it ,different work and people. I learned totally different field and it was a different experienced.
A great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJanuary 9, 2014
World class leadership and care. I am so happy that I was able to be a part of the wonderful organization!!
It was a nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 30, 2013
I love being a Phlebotomist. A typical day I'd get would include getting my supplies together and making sure all supplies were stocked. I'd go to the floor and perform daily venipuncture on in-house patients and then I'd take the specimens that I've collected from the floor to the lab and then I'd go asst in the out-pt lab
Great Community Hospital
Management (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAAugust 16, 2013
A small hospital with a big heart. There are many long term employees who's devotion to the hospital is unmatched. Unfortunately, recent industry trends towards lean organizations may leave the facility a bit anemic.
There is always something new to learn
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 12, 2013
My day begins at 0700 A.M. It begins by getting report and familiarized with new patients. after which, patients are patients are cared for and fed. Then the engagement process, and various types of activities began.

I learned new things every day. I get to interact with different medical staff, meet interesting patients with lifetime experiences.

My co-workers are from different culture. some are easy to work with some are hard. But most of all, I find a common ground where we all exist to complete the job

The management team is hard to describe. But overall, it is comfortable enough to survive.

The hardest part of the job is not able to communicate with a patient who is confused or suffering from change of mental status. it requires extra patience and extra love from staff to care for them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to satisfy the needs of my patients and to hear them say thank you, you did a good job.
Cons
we are allowed shot breaks and lunch breaks
Health Information Department is GREAT!
Health Information Mgmt. Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJuly 24, 2013
A typical day consists of compiling charts from almost every department within the hospital and prepping them to be scanned into EMR. I have bits of every component of the department. The supervisor and the team are the best that I have worked with. A family atmosphere and everyone knows their job and do their job well.
Pros
great coworkers, learning experience
Cons
daily shifts in amount of work
Good, caring environment to work with co-workers
Nuclear Medicine & X-ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 26, 2013
Small community hospital which offers great service with a fantastic, unappreciated staff. Management skills and attitude of some is what is adversely affecting this facility. I've learned how cruel and unjust people could really be. At the same time it has proven to me that people can't be taught patient care. You either have it or you don't.
Pros
great co-worker environment
Cons
difficult management
Busy but friendly place to work.
Radiology Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 1, 2013
A typical day starts with getting computers up and online. Progresses to greeting patients, entering their information into computer and ordering their tests.
I learned to operate several kinds of programs on the computer to do my job properly.
Overall Management was willing to work with the employees when personal emergencies arose.
In general my co-workers are almost like family all working together towards a single goal.
The most difficult part of the job was the occasional language barrier between patients and staff.
What I enjoyed the most was feeling like I could make a difference in a persons life by simply being understanding and relieving their anxieties about exams.
Great learning experience
Radiologic Technologist - Student (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 4, 2012
Very positive learning environment, I felt the technologist really cared about the students and encouraged their participation. Learned a great deal in this facility and in return received a great amount of confidence in my ability to be successful in my profession.
Pros
positive and rewarding atmosphere.
Cons
amount of time spent at this clinical site.
Nice place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 29, 2012
I'd walk in at 8:30. Everyone in the office always gave me a warm welcome. I was able to work at my own pace, in contrast to the pace of a restaurant. I have always had a natural talent for being organized and sorting things out, working as a medical records clerk strengthened that talent. No one was too demanding, everyone was respectful. Co-workers were humorous and light-hearted, but all got stuff done. I always showed up on time, and did a thorough job. The hardest part I'd say, would not be the work or the amount I had to do, but would be the downtime. I often had to ask if there was anything else to do. The most enjoyable part was when I was working, when I was assembling patient files, when there was a whole cart full of them to do, I just sat down at my desk, and did what I had to do, everyone let me to my work, and did the work not quickly, but with attention to detail. Sure I made mistakes, but I wasn't afraid to admit them, or ask for help. Overall great work experience.
constant focus on growth to benefit better patient care
Telemetry staff nurse, weekend program (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 16, 2012
Needed much encouragement for team work. Fair patient to nurse ratio was not safe.
Ask a current employee why there are so many vacancies
direct care (Current Employee) –  19401August 13, 2012
High turnover in administration

A lot of potential but the culture has changed quite a bit

Do not take this job without asking a current employee about the changes being implemented.