Mercy

Mercy Employee Reviews

skilled nursing west is a horrible place to work
CNA (Current Employee), creve cour, missouriMay 22, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: assigned too many patients, hard work with little pay, no team work, treat nurses better than techs.
Been working here for the past couple of months. Assign you 18 patients a piece, no team work, dont even bothered working here as a CNA. Did I forgot to mention that this facility is being turned over to LUTHERAN SENIOR SERVICE. Misleading and hard work with minimum wage pay. Dont even bother, currently trying to find new employment.
Poor Fit
Collector 1 (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 17, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: time clock
Job was a poor fit for me because I am NOT a clock watcher who cannot just "shut off" because it is time for break. If you are hourly, Mercy revolves around the time clock.
Flexible
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAMay 7, 2015
Good company to work for. Benefits are great and they are flexible with work and home life. Management is great. If you have an issue with something, they have an open door policy.
Productive work place kept busy
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Washington, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: Patient relationships and helping them
Cons: healthcare and some of the stories/situations
Helping customers with payments, collections for past due accounts
learned to work with patients/customers and insurance companies, as well as terminology for both medical and insurances.
Coworkers were friendly, helpful and easy to get along with.
Hardest part about the job was understanding patients needs, and hardships. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting results that satisfied patients and the billing department and going the extra mile for the patient.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager/ Radiation Department (Former Employee), New Orleans, LouisianaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Closed
I am sad this hospital is no longer open. It was a staple in New Orleans. I enjoyed my time there. The employee were great and very friendly.
I enjoy mercy.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Lorain, OHMarch 19, 2015
Mercy Hospital is a good place to work. The pay rate is reasonable and the supervisors support those who choose to further their education.
60 hours per week minimum no help from atila
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Springfield, moFebruary 22, 2015
Cons: too many to mention
They keep an ad each week advertising for replacements for the staff they fired for no good reason. Hire new ones, fire them, hire new ones, you get the idea.

I was smart enough to start a new job search the day I started.

The boss had no interaction except to make staff cry when she returned from her meeting with her bosses. She hired secondary managers to "supervise the staff" They were brand new and not familiar with the environment. Worst job ever.

I was given clients taken from other accountants to reduce their workload, and the staff was not in favor of it. So therefore no help from them. I hated every nano second.

I was honest at exit interview, I told them they parked my years of experience on the bench, didn't use my talents, had to move on. The job I eventually took was the best ever.

They buy companies and no one knows what to do with the mergers.
The top managers have huge egos and that is what they do, buy companies. The medical team is good, not the administration.

If you want a career, want a place to learn and advance, want a team atmosphere, this isn't it.
Same as the other review
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2015
I have learned how to apply so many skills and I've learned how to utilized the critical thinking skills that i obtained throughout nursing school. My review for all jobs really remains the same. I've learned from each and every job that i worked .
Nice place to work
Financial Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Mercy is a nice place to work. Good core values. People are nice to work with and benefits are good. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to assist patients that really need help
Awful place to work for
Environmental service tech I (Former Employee), Crystal City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: wrongful termination, high turnover rate, awful staff.
You don't want to work at Mercy. I worked there for a year and the employees are treated terrible. I was great at my job, and I was wrongfully terminated because they claimed to have footage on the camera of me letting my boyfriend in the urgent care. Neither my boss nor the hiring manager above him saw the video. I asked them to please watch it as I didn't understand why the guard who watched the video said that happened when I knew that I didn't. They refused to watch the video and I was terminated even though this event NEVER occured. I was astonished that they cared so little about the fact that employees depend on that income to terminate them over something they had NO proof of. It truly shows the character of the hospital and how they do not care about what happens to their employees in situations such as mine when they are being wrongfully accused. The turnover rate is astounding for this position and if you are looking for stability I would not recommend looking here.
THIS COMPANY NEEDS A UNION.
INSTRUMENT TECH 11 (Former Employee), 1235 E CHEROKEEJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, management.
YEARS AGO I WOULD HAVE GAVE THIS COMPANY 5 STARS ACROSS THE BOARD IN EVERYTHING. NOW THIS PLACE IS RAN BY SNAKES THAT CALL THEMSELVES MANAGEMENT. IN MY DEPARTMENT THE ONLY PEOPLE MANAGEMENT WOULD HIRE WAS BEST FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. AND BELIEVE ME ITS FULL OF THEM.I WOULDN'T HAVE LOST MY JOB IF A UNION WAS IN PLACE. AND LIÈS ABOUT ME WOULDN'T HAVE GONE ANYWHERE. OH AND GUESS WHO REPLACED ME AFTER YEARS OF SERVICE. MY SUPERVISORS BEST FRIEND. FUNNY WHO THAT WORKED OUT. MY TERMINATION WAS BASED ON ME SAYING TO LADY .DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN EVERY CONVERSATION. WITH MY SUPERVISOR STANDING RIGHT THERE. NO IT WASN'T UNTIL A WEEK LATER THAT MY STATEMENT SUPPOSABLY AFFENDED THIS LADY AND OTHER PEOPLE. THIS LADY AND HER SISTER CAN STAND AROUND GOSSIP ABOUT COWORKERS ALL NIGHT.BUT THATS ALRIGHT. MY SUPERVISOR CAN STAND AROUND AND BE SCARCASTIC ALL NIGHT.WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS HE'S NOT JOKING HE'S SERIOUS. MY POINT BEING I MAKE ONE LITTLE STATEMENT .AND JOKING AT THAT. ALTHOUGH SOME HOW MY SUPERVISOR NEW I WASN'T JOKING. I GUESS BECAUSE HE ALREADY HAD MY REPLACEMEMENT. AND I CANT LEAVE OUT OUR FINE CHRISTIAN DIRECTOR THAT TOLD ME TO TAKE A WEEK AND HALF OFF BECAUSE MY DOG WAS DYING OF DYING OF CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. BUT TO COME HIS OFFICE ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE MONDAY I START TO WORK. WELL I CAME BY ALRIGHT. THIS FINE CHRISTIAN MAN HAD JUST TERMINATED ME. SO BY LETTING ME OFF THE WEEK AND A HALF.WHAT HE REALLY WAS DOING WAS GETTING ME TERMINATED. AND THE ONLY WAY HE COULD DO THAT WITHOUT WRITTING ME UP.WOULD BE LIE AND SAY THAT I WAS PART OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM. I NEVER ATTENDED ONE MANAGEMENT – more... MEETING.AND I WASNT ON SALERY LIKE MANAGEMENT. I WAS NEVER CALLED IN TO DEFFEND MYSELF.THIS WAS 100 PERCENT WRONG .I HAD JUST LOST MY LIVIEHOOD.I NEVER WAS A UNION MAN.BUT IF THERE HAD BEEN A UNION .THESE GAMES WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED. AND I STILL WOULD BE EMPLOYED. IT MIGHT BE THE THE MANAGEMENT FINDING THEMSELVES UNEMPLOYED AFTER LYING AND SMEARING MY NAME. MERCY VALUES THATS ABOUT AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO.PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.IF MERCY VALUES IS MAKING ASSUMPTIONS TOWARDS AN EMPLOYEE WITHOUT EVEN TALKING WITH HIM.AND THEN SELLING TO HR.I THINK MANAGEMENT NEEDS SOME COUNSELING IF THERE GOING TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS.I TAKE THAT BACK. THEY SHOULD BE TERMINATED AFTER TREATING A EMPLOYEE LIKE THAT.I ALWAYS HAD TOP EVALUATIONS .EVERY YEAR I WAS THERE.BUT SUDDENLY MANAGEMENT MAKES UP LIES ABOUT ME. GO FIGURE. BEST FRIEND. FAIR NOT AT ALL.THATS WHY UNION, UNION, UNION, UNION, UNION. – less
DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE SECURITY .YOU HAVE NONE.I WAS THERE 25 YEARS WITH TOP EVALUATIONS AND MANAGEMENT STABBED ME IN THE BACK.
INSTRUMENT TECH III (Former Employee), MERCY HOSPITAL SPRINGFIELD MISSOURIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management terrible, director a true snake in the grass department is full of relatives
I WORKED IN SPD FOR 25 YEARS. I SAW ALOT OF PEOPLE COME AND GO.WHEN I STARTED UP UNTIL ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO .IT WAS ABOUT YOUR WORK ETHIC AND YOUR JOB PERFORMANCE. WE HAD SUPERVISOR .NOW AT THAT THE ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITAL THAT WOULD ONLY HIRE RELATIVES IN OUR DEPARTMENT. WE HAD 2 SISTERS,2 BROTHERS A GRANDMA AND GRANDDAUGHTER.A HUSBAND AND WIFE.AND I CANT LEAVE OUT THE SUPERVISORS MOM.THE SUPERVISORS BEST FRIEND WHOM NOW IS SUPERVISOR. THE SUPERVISORS PAST LOVER WHOM NOW IS A SUPERVISOR AS WELL. AND I CANT FORGET THE DIRECTOR WHO ACTS LIKE HE'S RELIGOUS AND WILL STAB YOU IN THE BACK AS SOON AS YOU LEAVE.A COMPLETE LOSER.I HAD 4 DIRECTORS BEFORE THIS PHONY LOSER. THEY APPRECIATED PEOPLE THAT WORKED HARD.THIS GUY DOESN'T CARE WHO DOES THE WORK. AS LONG AS THE WORK GETS DONE. ITS A POPULARITY CONTEST TO HIM. WHAT A JOKE. HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT. HOW THIS PHONY KEEPS HIS JOB I HAVE NO IDEA. HE'S COMPLETELY WORTLESS.
worst place to work for
pca (Former Employee), st louisJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 12 hr shifts
Management and their so called mercy care is lie!!All they care about is themselves! !! They pick and choose who they want to keep and when they let you go they fight unemployment! ! It's their word against yours even when their wrong !!! And the hr manager was very rude an unprofessional!
lots of good friends at mercy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. LouisDecember 28, 2014
fun place to work. very busy. good interpersonal skills needed
mercy
hostess (Former Employee), st louis moDecember 12, 2014
Pros: grear lunches
Cons: benifites
My family and myself have used mercy for years and they have been nothing but awesome and will. Continue going there very good to e.ployees. I have been very successful at my jobs and would lo work at mercy I am a. Very outgoing person and have taken care of my grandson with a lot of special needs for12 years
fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: team work. well staffed
Cons: time restraints
well organized facility with great team work. very good communication skills between staff and mangement
Mercy
EVS Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 4, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: short supplied
Typical day was just a night full of cleaning.

I learned about time management and talking to customers/guest.

The management wasn't always the best, We have one supervisor and two leads that hardly communicated with each other.

Hardest part about this job was the hours & short supplying us.

I enjoyed my co-workers.
Fast Paced Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Ardmore, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: no breaks, rude nurses
A typical day at work would start with getting report oin the patients then getting vital signs. I have learned so many new things while working at Mercy, the most important one is I have learned to have more patience with people. The hardest part of my job is when someone doesnt have much longer and youre having to watch the family go trough a hard time. The most enjoyable part about being a nurse aide is helping people who can never repay you.
Good old boys mentality
Practice Manager II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2014
Cons: managerial support is terrible
While the company offers a lot of training and orientation, the support for it's managers is slim to none. Even if you meet all your goals but don't follow the "good old boys" mentality, you are sunk. Because they are a physician run organization, a physician can do no wrong even if their treatment of patients and staff are hideous. Nepotism is prevalent. Rules apply to some and not others. If you are a conformist, you will be fine. If you want some autonomy you will die. Practice managers are caught in the middle between upper management and physicians. It's not a good place to be.
management & pay very poor
RN, BSN (Current Employee), Joplin, MODecember 1, 2014
Pros: the people you work with
Cons: staffing, pay & management. was far better as chi
Pay is $3 less than across the street at other hospital in town, WAY below national average, management is very poor & leave many people wondering exactly what it is they do, and unfortunately lack of respect shown to employees by management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mercy

We are the people of Mercy Health Ministry. Together, we are pioneering a new model of care. We will relentlessly pursue our – Read more

Mercy Salaries