Mercy Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Lab Support Tech II (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 17, 2017
I learned so much from this company. I am so blessed with the opportunity I was given and I could not have asked for a better team to work with. Everyone is so nice and welcoming.
Fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2017
Good job for college students great hours great people easy for u to come to work because all the people are great some management acts better over all great people
A good place to work
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2017
Pay is the issue at Mercy. But management is working on fixing that. In the last 12 months we have been given 2 separate raises and 2 bonuses in order to stay competitive with other hospitals. I have never experienced anything like that before! Management actually listens to the staff! And does something about pay!

Aside from that, the culture is fantastic. People stay for that reason. The people at Mercy are excellent.
Pros
Management, culture
Cons
Pay, but that is changing
i worked in labs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 8, 2017
i worked in the lab for a couple of months then i was moved throughout different clinics drawing labs from different people.
some of the labs i worked at was oncology, women center, and a family care center.
Administration is what I call a "good ole boy" network
PRACTICE COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2017
Administration takes care of each other no matter what has taken place. The clinic I worked in was amazing. Everyone cared about each other and helped one another but we did not get the same consideration out of administration. We had too many bad managers that administration would not believe our problems because they liked the managers and would not believe coworker complaints.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Administration - office politics
Low compensation
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2017
Mercy has some of the lowest pay and compensation in the area. There a better opportunites elsewhere, especially for skilled and educated postions. Management at all levels make promises that are never fulfilled.
Overall experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 31, 2017
Great work environment, ethics are good and working hours were great along with their family policy with great compensation package and other great benefits.
Pros
culture and environment
Cons
policy on transferring from one department to another
doable
Long Term Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2017
I am an RN so for me the pay is low but I would recommend this facility for a LPN. Staffed appropriately with CNA's but the nurses typically had 15+ patients
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay for RN
Its a reliable job.
CNA/Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 26, 2017
They will work you as much as you would like to work. Its a place where you have to rise above your coworkers and show initiative. You will meet some amazing nurses to exemplify in your own job duties. You will also meet some that you never want to be anything like in your practice. That being said, I love working here.
Honestly people in this company are hard working
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2017
This is a very good jobs just depends what agency you work with I really love helping individuals and try to help them achieve their goals. To enhance their abilities to do better.
Pros
Very good if you were in school a good part time
Cons
Can not go over 8 hours a day
Friendly Coworkers; Low Pay
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2017
Working here is nice because almost of the employees are really kind people. The budget system is a bit skewed towards degrees and experience, as should be.
Pros
Kind coworkers
Cons
Radiology transport is the LOWEST paid in the entire hospital, buddy system
Great people
IT employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work due to coworkers friendly. Not very good 401K benefits, so if younger, might want to go elsewhere to build up long term savings while you can get the money growth. Older employees remain forever which can be good or bad. Some of the managers tell their employees that they are not ready for the promotions, thus no upward mobility. For those people, it takes over 5 years in their role to be considered for advancement, and once they reach the 5 year mark, either they are laid off or told again that they are still not "ready" for promotion or full raise. Occasionally, those who stay advance. Raises are below industry standard for the corporate administration jobs.
Pros
coworkers and lunches
Cons
lower industry pay.
Co-workers are Awesome
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 21, 2017
Mercy culture appears to apply mostly to treatment of patients.
Hourly co-workers give their all only to be rewarded by more duties and responsibilities. Very low pay.
Management does not support staff. Units are not adequately equipped with supplies.
Raises are minimal.
Mercy does not care about its co-workers. Fortunately, your Mercy teammates do.
Pros
Great co-workers; super patients
Cons
High patient acuity-Understaffed nurses and techs. Lowest pay in area
Not for everyone.
Supply Cordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 6, 2017
If you want to work in the medical field and get paid less than a Pizza delivery boy with the stresses of having a boss that can discriminate you and never give you raises then go for it. So if you do all I can say is pick wisely in your position.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Work Moral, Pay, advancements
Fun work environment and able to work together with great team members.
LPN, FT, Supervisor, Dena Hall (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2017
Able to work with great team members. Learning ability for job title, always learning. Pleasant atmosphere to work in. Always a team effort and willing to help when needed. Communication from management was top notch.
Pros
Management communication, hours, teamwork.
Good work environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 22, 2017
Love the people. Best group of individuals I've ever worked with. Advancement is difficult but I'm comfortable where I am. I also enjoy that Mercy is a faith based company.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 11, 2017
No room to grow. If you do a good job you will not be compensated for the job well done. It's all about the money collections. High turn over. Must meet every single goal every month or you will be written up then eventually terminated. Your Services are no longer needed. We have decided to go in another direction
Cons
Micro management
Emergency department family
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOMay 7, 2017
one big family, amazing doctors to work with and the best nurses and techs around. would trust them with me or my familys life. did not realize until new er department how blessed it was to work there
Stable workplace
Nurse Practitioner - ENT/Head &Neck Surgery (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 6, 2017
Overall I like working at Mercy. Benefits are comparable to other systems. Large corporate environment. Large patient population. Offer CME benefit with paid time off.
Pros
Stable employer
Cons
Nothing specific
being apart of the Mercy Family
CNA first nine years LPN the rest of my stay. (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOMay 1, 2017
Mercy was a great opportunity to learn and grow. when they did away with the LPN's on MedSurg I was able to go to ICU and learn to read telemeterys and assist the RN'S with the care of a variety of patients.
Pros
the staff
Cons
Not able to work as a LPN on the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8