Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

Stagnant advancement and mediocore pay
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Very unorganized management, terrible and overpriced insurance
Fix everything that the news department breaks while being pulled away by numerous people paging you that they broke more things. Deal with 2 bosses that never talk to each other and they both think they are the ultimate authority about EVERYTHING. And....you're at half-staffing. Life's a peach.
Challenging workplace
A/R Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
Slim chance for advancement unless willing to relocate across the country. Challenging work environment and must be on your A game to meet goals.
great brands with a focus on consolidation
Corporate Director (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 4, 2015
Pros: great brands that are important to readers
Cons: very heavily weighted to print
Meredith has some great brands and the company is very sound financially. I expect to see Meredith add brands going forward as it continues to be a consolidator in the market.
Great people, nice environment
Director (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
atmosphere encouraging teamwork, new products, acquiring brands quarterly, constantly learning. Sales rotational program allows newbies to learn the ropes and guarantee a full-time position.
Great company to work for
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Very structured and friendly team to work with. The environment was very creative and people were willing to work together and develop new ideas.
Working at Meredith
Custodian (Former Employee), Lima, OhFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good environment, good pay for starting out
Cons: downtown lima area
A typical day would start off with cleaning all doorknobs, phones and light switches in all the offices. Then, dusting all furniture but not disturbing anything on the attorney's desks. Vaccumming the – more... carpets was usually next. Then, cleaning the break room and the bathrooms.
I learned about hard work and the importance of cleaning every office (especially during cold and flu season).
I did not have to deal with management much, but when I did they were great.
My co-workers were my mother and sister. So, it was not bad working with them.
The hardest part of the job was the constant heavy lifting and moving of furniture.
The enjoyable part was being able to do the cleaning on weekends. – less
Magazine publishing company
Freelance/Production Artist, Wood Magazine (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: very flexible work schedule
Cons: no health benifits
Currently, my position mainly consists of working with these computer programs; Word, Excel, Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. I reformat published magazine material so it can be used by our Web design team to create Web pages for Wood Magazine.
Great place to work with a really great leader.
Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
I really liked working for this company. There was room for growth but not really with pay.
Lots of writing
Marketing and Sales Development BH&G SIM (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
Being creative. Lots of writing, storytelling. Reviewing and analyzing research to help tell a story.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: treated employees good
Cons: it was a temporary position
Was a good company to work for. The Managers treated everyone fairly.
Major publishing/media company
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: an established publishing / medica company
Cons: revolving door for sales support.
Sales executives are kings and are compensed well. The assistants and coordinator are not compensed or given bonuses.

Management does not support administrative staff and make unreasonable demands and at time with no compensation.
Log Reconciler
Log (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2014
I made sure the commercials played properly on their west coast stations.
Company does the minimum to keep their FCC license
Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good place to make you grateful for the next place you work
Cons: abusive management. nobody retires.
#5 in a 4 station market. Management changes every other year.
Very conservative company, very low tolerance for risk
Vice President of Finance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2013
Pros: stable company with good benefits
Cons: no opportunities for advancement
A typical day included providing financial guidance to the regional offices and general managers on both financial and business opportunities. On a monthly basis i provided a high level update to the CEO. Participated in evaluation of strategic acquisitions.
Fun and creative environment
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement
Managed benefits for various office locations. Great co-workers and learned a lot.
Co-workers are great. Manager is not very knowledgable.
Master Control/Ingest Operator/Satellite Feeds (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2013
Pros: great health rewards for healthy living.
Cons: low pay. horrible traffic.
Pay is low for volume of work expected. Co-workers worked as a team. Pod are set up horribly. Noise level is unbearable. Manager had no previous experience with broadcast stations or a Hub and therefore was not great. She was very high strung.
Productive and great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2013
I was there a short time period but was able to learn a lot about the PR sector of Meredith by shadowing a PR professional, going on go-sees, helping plan activities and event for clients, and compiling data from previous PR events
Mothers hours
Freelance worker (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not stable work
I loved working part time for Meredith Corporation. I could set my own hours and be available for my kids. I enjoyed learning different parts of the business.
high-energy work place where creative juices are constantly flowing!
Traditional Home, Associate Publisher (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: overall well-rounded company with many benefits
Cons: more resources needed in the marketing area
Meredith Corporation provided an opportunity to move between its brands and to advance within the brands that I worked on. There is a good corporate culture with many groups working collaboratively to – more... sell in programs and fulfill client needs. The hardest part of the job was finding enough time to develop and deliver the great ideas we had for our clients. The most enjoyable job was working with a great, dedicated team committed to doing their best everyday. – less
relaxing environment in a basement studio
Photography Assistant (Current Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches for photoshoots that are for big name clients, such as kraft foods or wal-mart, getting to work in a creative environment
Cons: no healthcare for photography assistants
Meredith is a fairly large company, employees number to about 3,200, that's however withholding all freelance art directors and photographers that make the rounds quite frequently. The photo studio in – more... Meredith's basement is best described as a giant warehouse divided into a dozen or so sets to accommodate constantly scheduled photo shoots for the many magazines the company publishes.

Days start at 8:00am so I'm usually there a bit before to begin setting up the scheduled photoshoot for the day. I start with lighting, then hauling in a sweep, and usually finish with setting up the camera. Throughout the shoot I bring my photographer or the art directors on set whatever they request and make sure everything runs smoothly.

The environment is very relaxed and enjoyable to be in. There are eight photographers and an assistant to match. All of us get along in great moods and help the other out if one shoot is lagging and another had been cut short earlier in the day.

The greatest part of Meredith is the diversity that comes with each day. On monday I'll be in the test garden in downtown Des Moines assisting a strawberry plant photoshoot and on tuesday I'll be on the road to Andalusia, Illinois, en route to a shoot for a woodworking magazine. – less