A privately held company, fun and family orientated/atmosphere.
Director, Production Operations (Current Employee) – San Diego, CA – May 10, 2015
Merge Healthcare is formally DR Systems. Acquisition took place Feb./2015. Worked 12 yrs. for DR Systems as Director, Production Operations.
- Every day was a productive work day; it seemed no day was the same, constant variety each day (steady production runs, service issues, regulatory concerns, configuration management activities...etc). Looked forward to tackling these opportunities/challenges each day. Very process driven company, which is good.
- Since it's a smaller company, must be quick to respond and adapt to change, all activities have high visibility at all levels of management.
- Throughout my 12 yrs. the Sr. (C level) Management team provided solid support and is the reason I was originally was drawn to this organization.
- Co-workers/colleagues were easy to work with, very supportive. My subordinates were well trained and very efficient. Low turnover rate in my Operations department.
- Toughest part of my job was NOT having all the necessary electronic s/w tools to support every day functions and reporting. A lack of an ERP and inventory control system hampered things, but we were still able to execute at a high and accurate level.
- The job was enjoyable due to the variety of tasks each day, closeness of employees, holiday parties, department picnics all supported by management and used as a morale boost.
Great work environment, small building and family atmosphere feeling.
Lack of electronic tools (no ERP, inventory ctl., ...etc) to help make job more efficient.