Merial Employee Reviews in United States

Global animal health company, R&D division: an exciting and interesting place to work.
R&D Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2016
My position within US R&D Merial began as a newly created position for the Head of Project Planning and his team in 2007. Over the years I was given more opportunity and more challenges to support other executives and teams within Project and Portfolio management - both Pharma and Bio pipelines.

Merial supported my career growth utilizing their Sanofi online web training (hard and soft skills) and off-site computer training and seminars. Employees also benefitted from the ePerformance and WorkDay tools for performance evaluations and career development.

I learned the animal healthcare side to the pharmaceutical industry and it's growth internationally between franchises and projects.

I enjoyed working alongside the administrative professionals at Merial US headquarters - both US and Global. We worked well as a team and backed each other up when one was out sick or on vacation.
A fun company with good products
Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Merial, unfortunately, has been in a state of flux due to the fact that it has changed hands, ownership wise, and is changing hands again. However, it has a great culture, many great people, and a suite of good profitable products. I enjoyed my time here and stay close friends with many of my past colleagues.
Great benefits, very slow career growth
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 27, 2015
Great company with great benefits. They will leave it up to you to find your own career path but they will not let you through the ranks until it lines up with what they want for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of career development
Great place to work and great management
Package Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 27, 2015
This is the first job I ever had that made me feel like I was family. They always were concerned about safety. I learned all the machines I need to learn to work on. I was told before I learned how to work on the machine that puts labels on the bottles was the hardest and it was and after a week of working on it I was an expert at it from what I was told. My co-workers and supervisor were all great people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything. I loved working with and on everything all the way to setting up for the day.
Pros
benifits, holidays, high on safety
Productive Workplace at Merial
A worldwide leader (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work consists of coming in and preparing the things we need to go in the clean room or capper. everyday i learn something different on the machines. my co-workers are good people they always get things done and we always have a good laugh. the hardest part of my job i would say it is the hours. i hardly get time with my family. i love to work and get overtime but i would also like to spend time with my family. the most enjoyable port of working at Merial is that the more experience you get the better opportunities you are offered. and also team harmony.
Pros
get overtime, grow with the company
Cons
no personal time, no benefits
Great company with great people
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2014
I successfully represented over 20 different products to all veterinarians and veterinary hospitals in the Austin, TX area. I learned to balance a large client base and learned how to get new products on the shelves. I enjoyed partnering with DVMs and practice owners to help grow their business.
Pros
freedom to plan your day however will best benefit the company
Cons
extreme drought conditions hurt the flea / tick market
R12 Upgrade APPS DBA
Sr. Oracle Application DBA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaFebruary 11, 2014
Upgrade 11i to R12 on 4 node RAC and shared application top, Data Guard.
Good Working Environment
Senior Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work is with technicians formulating and filling vaccines into containers for animals. I have learned how to work very good in group and team environments. I have learned how important customer satisfaction is. I have also learned how to write procedures and how to create protocols to test different machines and products. I work with a great group of co workers who are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job are the long days when we are having problems with our machines. The most enjoyable part about my job is satisfying the customers and my supervisor and manager.
Productive workplace
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 11, 2013
Varying day to day schedule, as is the typical requirement when dealing with biologics. A very fast paced work environment. There wasn't much of an interaction with upper management and the production departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
healthcare/benefits
Cons
yearly raises
Aggressive quota-driven culture, questionable ethics
Management/Professional (Former Employee) –  US territoryApril 19, 2013
"Finish them, they would not spare you". This is the culture that was promoted at the 2013 National Sales Meeting. For an animal health company that publicly lauds its ethics and professionalism, the reality is its a numbers-driven, win-a-free-cruise if you exceed your quota (no matter how you do it) environment.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
lack of ethics, poor management
Disappointing experience
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  DuluthaMarch 25, 2013
I was so excited about this job. I resigned from a job I held for three years because I thought it was a good opportunity. A recent grad, It would be the first job that would allow me to use my degree. I brought product manuals home and studied each night. I thought I was doing well as all feedback was positive. You can't imagine my dismay when I received a call later that evening that my services were no longer required. Why would they not tell me if there was an issue? I constantly asked for feedback and was always looking for ways to do better. It's disappointing that Merial can be so cavalier with my future and livelihood
Pros
the vet techs were nice
Cons
no feedback or constructive criticism provided to gauge performance
Merial as a whole
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 11, 2013
The people that work here are amazing and great to work with. You feel like a family here. The middle management has a lot to be desire.
Pros
people and benefits
Cons
management
Productive and clean work environment
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 26, 2012
Merial has provided a great entry-level GMP laboratory environment to begin my career. My department tasks go along with the skills that I acquired at ATC. Daily, I work in a level 2 aseptic environment with live or inactive antigens formulating and pooling large volumes of animal pharmaceuticals.
My biggest complaint of my job is the last minute schedule changes, not that it is a difficult task to accomodate, it is more of a danger to the product as there are always contamination possibilites and with late changes and rushing to do processes it opens the door for errors.
I enjoy the people I work with the most.
A wonderful work place
Frontline Vet Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 4, 2012
Work as a team to answer inbound calls and help as many customers with their problems.
Job Security
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 7, 2012
Great environment to work in. It is Biology meets Corporate America. Only issue is the job security. Started working as a temp in June and was initially informed that the position would last until Nov... The position actually lasted just one month