As an integral member of a small cross-disciplinary development team, this position is responsible for software design, development and maintenance of Windows applications for PC and mobile platforms.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design, develop, and maintain proprietary Windows applications (PC and CE 6.0) using C++, C#, Silverlight and Visual Basic.
2. Research/incorporate appropriate Windows technologies to meet project objectives and maximize code reuse.
3. Write engineering documentation, specification, release procedures, etc.
4. Actively participate in design reviews/discussions of engineering projects.
5. Perform initial engineering validation.
6. Generate builds for release to clients.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering. Candidate must have at least 5 years of C++ development experience. Professional knowledge of the process control and/or instrumentation industry, and HART communications protocol is helpful.
Required: Strong C++, C#, Object oriented basics
Desired: Complete system design experience, MS Visual Studio, Source code control, Windows GUI programming, Embedded, multithreaded environment, Software system architecture design experience, UML, Silverlight For Windows Embedded, Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact