Meridian Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun Environment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  PAJuly 30, 2017
Great people to work with, flexible hours, casual environment, you must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and self-managed in order to fit in here. Otherwise very friendly people.
Assistant Vice President-Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 12, 2017
The original Meridian Bank was a wonderful place to work. The training that they provided was excellent and the employees were tremendous as well. Unfortunately, it too had a merger ending.
Meridian Bank was a great place to work and I felt that the Bank cared about it's employees.
Mortgage Loan Opener (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462February 3, 2017
Meridian Bank was a great place to work and was a small organization that had a very friendly atmosphere. There was room for advancement and it was exciting to work for a new company as it grew.
Pros
Great, convenient location
It was okay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 29, 2016
The management was sub par. The management team lacked leadership skills. They did not posses the skills to coach and motivate others. The companies weak marketing place made it difficult to gain new business. Most of the customers are loyal but it was very difficult to build new business.
Pros
professional groups, small teams
Cons
Weak company performance
Great Workplace
DE Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Centre Hall, PADecember 27, 2016
Good in all aspects. Great staff, team environment, very functional workplace. The management team is knowledgeable as well. Reasonable comp plans with office located throughout pa and nj.
Work on closing loans
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MeetingDecember 7, 2016
Work with the loan officer taking new applications, assisting customers with getting documents needed for closing, order appraisals and request conditions from agents
Fun place to work with many colorful characters
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 27, 2016
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Meridian Bank. It was many years ago and they have since closed.
My manager was fun and relateable.
I found the job to be enjoyable.
Pros
I meant Dr. J in the parking lot!
Cons
Distance from home
Great Co. to work for
Post Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 8, 2016
Very fast growing company with demanding workload. OT was offered to help during heavy volume periods. Typical work day consists of managing loan pipeline, getting loan files delivered by investor due date and preparing loan file for delivery to investor. Coworkers easy to work with, always helping each other with various issues and work load as requested. Management was there for any issues that arise. Miss my department very much. Great group of people!
Wonderful company
Appraisal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2016
Meridian Bank was a very well ran bank that employed many talented and skilled personnel. Everyone worked together to accomplish a task and/or complete a loan.
Great as a starter job. Great employees. Great benefits
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 4, 2015
Great as a starter job. Some advancement opportunities. Great employees. Great benefits. At that time, it was a good company. It was 27 years ago - I don't know how the banking industry as an employer is now.
Family Culture
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Meridian Bank has been the single most important employer I have ever had. Prior to a coporate merger in December 2014, the culture at Meridian Bank was uncomparable.The family atmosphere was out of this world, there was a great deal of support from upper management.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the responsibility I was given and the relationships that I developed, not only with our client base but coworkers as well. The least enjoyable part of this job was although exceeding sales goals, audit goals, and compliance expectations, being passed over for several career changing promotions for newly hired individuals to the bank. None of which are currently still employed by Meridian.
Pros
Relationships, responsibility
Cons
Politics, Distracted leadership
Great people to work with and fun environment
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 10, 2015
My typical day at work is from 8-5 pm. Processing all incoming and outgoing Domestic and Int'l wires and balancing daily recons. Working for Meridian Bank is a lot of fun although it is sad to see that we will no longer have our jobs come March 1, 2016 due to Meridian Bank being bought out. We had a lot of fun and Meridian Bank as we did a lot of fun party's to help us bond together as a team.
Pros
Quiet and little Supervision.
Cons
Couldn't take time off if someone else was off even when it didn't impact the office productivity
Great Place to work
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 12, 2015
Meridian Bank was a great bank to work for. Left this bank due to inadequate lead source. Leads were all self generated. Great work environment. Enjoy co-workers and workplace. Also great loan programs and pricing.
Banking is my true calling
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 24, 2015
In the 15 years of working in the same community bank branch made it possible to develop and grow a Customer base that included different generations of families with accounts, personal and business relationship accounts/loans. Also the community reinvestment activities such as Kiwanis and Arizona Saves were a pleasure to work with in many different aspects.
Pros
15 years of working in the same Branch this made it possible to develop and grow a Customer base.
VP/Commercial RE Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 26, 2014
This company was a good place to work with opportunities. Was laid off during real estate downturn
Short staffed company with no room for growth
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 30, 2013
I processed payments, loan files, maintained loans on multiple systems, communicated daily with loan officers/ customer service specialists via phone/e-mail.
Pros
Fun parties
Cons
Understaffed
Interesting place to work
Commercial Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 28, 2012
Days were very busy - co workers great. Would prefer not to say more.
Very committed to employees and advancing existing staff
Operations Manager, Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ArizonaJuly 8, 2012
I currently manage the Deposit Operations department. I manage the day to day operations.