Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Bad management
LADC (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 6, 2017
Money driven, lacks client care. Management/supervision was rarely available. They were not fair amongst staff and lacked appropriate training. Would not work there
Pros
Ability to move within the company
Cons
Bad management
Bad Job
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 3, 2017
At this job I am a BHT. You can expect to be overworked, under-appreciated, and constantly used as an "asset." Here, BHTs are the lowest of the low despite the amount of work we do with the patients. Rules change constantly. If you are night staff you will not be informed of these changes and thus, will get in trouble. If you are day staff, you will also be under-appreciated and have nurses and management constantly using you and yelling at you. Management will constantly remind you that your job can be taken away, making everyday work very stressful. Despite being a behavioral health institute, the cameras are oriented towards STAFF and will be reviewed often to make sure employees are not just "sitting around." You will work long hours and get paid the same amount as any CNA, even if you have your degree. Management will talk about you behind your back and spread rumors about you and your job performance or ask your fellow employees if they think you are doing badly. They CAN and WILL use blackmail and threaten your job. You will constantly be doing other people's work. Staff start out completely untrained, some for months or more. This means you are put in dangerous situations as an untrained employee who has no idea what to do other than instincts. On the other hand, you will be working with patients and it is an amazing learning experience. It is not worth your time.
Pros
3 days a week for most staff (12 hr shifts)
Cons
Management, Untrained, Underpaid, Understaffed, so much paperwork, etc.
Run and don't look back!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 23, 2017
This place is the worst run company!! Incompetent management, program directors yelling at staff, rules changing everyday covered up as policy changes!! Always understaffed, no staff retention, no appreciation!!! And the higher up in management the more corrupt they get!!!
Terrible Place to Work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meadow Creek, MNJune 22, 2017
Worked here for 2+years and was never recognized for the work that was put in. Worked short staffed 14 months of the 2 years I was there. Management is incredibly selfish and will NOT do anything unless it benefits them in some way. DO NOT APPLY HERE. EVER.
Pros
getting to meet and know the clients
Cons
EVERYTHING else. Especially managment.
Plenty of opportunity
Assessor, case manager, addiction counselor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 7, 2017
Great job for those who are new to the field, plenty of openings, decent pay. Benefits weren't the best when starting but got much better this year. My personal experience wasn't great but not necessarily due to the company.
Fast Pace
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2017
I had a great experience working with Meridian. The work culture is fast pace and diverse. There is a lot to be learned here. Great place with friendly staff and clients.
Safe and great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company I enjoyed the the staff it was very safe clean worked around life and school. helped you learn things and move up in the work place.
Pros
Safety
Cons
hours
Warning! You will be sorry if you proceed.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 27, 2017
This place will run you crazy with all of the demands, and all they care about is the money. It is impossible to keep up with this insanity! They don't care about anything else but the money. Very neurotic poor management and they care nothing about their employees at all. Co-workers are overworked and angry so they take it out on each other. Clients are unruly, vicious, play games, and threaten staff, but management does nothing to stop it. The positive reviews Im sure are written by managers.
Pros
Pay is decent, but thats a tactic to draw you in
Cons
Too much work, no team cohesiveness, poor work/life balance.
Good enough for me
LADC (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MN, Pine City, MNFebruary 27, 2017
I completed my second internship with Meadow Creek and was offered a position at another site. I have been with Meridian for over a year and have been to three of their residential sites. Each site has its issues but I've enjoyed my time at each. I've worked under three directors. Each earning their title/position. I met life long friends, learned about the field. Meridian is working on more manageable caseloads. I have a 8 patient caseload and run 9 hours of group. This is much better compared to when I started with 12 patients and 10 hours of group. Mon-Fri 8-5 and every 9th Sat run a 2 hour group.

So far I like Meridian, not only would I recommend working for them, I have! My friend from school works with me. Not a perfect company by any means but it pays the bills and I feel appreciated. Definitely glad I took this job when learning how to be a counselor and the field.
Pros
Pays for MARRCH conference, discounted meals, retirement matching, great co-workers.
Cons
Low start pay, high turnover, needs exceptional time management skills
Don't say we didnt warn you
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Its all about money money money. Management cares only about filling beds. They do not care that every location is short staffed. They do not care about remaining in compliance. They do not care that staff members put their lives in danger each day working with dangerous clientale and they do not care that staff are all burnt out. Staff try their best to do with as little help as they have and are constantly disrespected and threatened by the residents and management do nothing to put an end to it. Clients treat staff worse than the mice that infests all of the facilities. I feel bad for the ones truly wanting help and end up leaving due to the dysfunctions of this place.
Cons

Want to know more about Meridian Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul MNOctober 30, 2016
I have been employed with Meridian Behavioral Health for 6 months. THE staff are amazingly talented and compassionate to one another and to our patients. Top notch clinicians, nurses,np, recovery specialists, maintainacne , kitchen, program assistances, intakes coordinators and housekeepers! Patient care is number one at our facility. The teams I have worked along side with have been patient focused and centered.
Corporate is supportive of innovation and best practices, along with much encouragement. They offer good pay and benefits.
I highly recommend anyone interested in working with the MICD population to research job oppurtunities
within our large MBH company. I love going to work everyday!
Pros
Positive work environment, good teamwork, great benefits and pay
Cons
False accusations on prior reviews
I love my job and the company, dont believe the negative hype!
Direct client care (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 8, 2016
I have worked for Meridian (Tapestry) for three years now and as I have furthered my education and excelled in my job duties I have been promoted three times. I have received competitive raises with my promotions as well.
Senior management has worked extra hard in creating a positive work environment and over the last couple of years they have made some management changes at some of the facilities in order to promote an environment that is focused on client care and is supportive of its' employees. The director at my facility is fairly new but she is incredibly supportive of all the clients and the employees. Tapestry just expanded our facility and we have received amazing support from all of the other facilities in helping us train new employees and providing us with physical help as we acclimate to the larger population. Management from Tapestry and the other facilities have all jumped in and helped us with everything from putting together new furniture to providig direct client care.
The population we work with can be challenging sometimes because the clients are often very broken and sick due to their addiction and it saddens me that former employees that are obviously disgruntled voice their displeasure with the company because they were asked to provide care to these clients, which is the job that they were hired for. Like any company we are sometimes short staffed due to people calling in sick, vacations, etc. but the teamwork that comes together during these times is amazing to be a part of. I love my job, my coworkers, and my boss, but most of
  more... all I love the clients that I have been given the opportunity to work with. Meridian is a great place to work!  less
Pros
Great people, fun to be at work, 4 weeks vacation your first year, good pay, and hard work is noticed and recognized which allows for advancement in the company
Cons
Productive and hard working environment
Alcohol and drug counselor (Current Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNOctober 2, 2016
A typical day at work is from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. starting with running group sessions for clients starting at 8 and ending at 4, usually meet with 3 clients to do paperwork such as treatment plan per day. What I learned is you have to be very organized otherwise you loose your track with certain clients. The management is making improvements by making it a safe environment and enjoyable to work in. My co-workers work as team and are easy to get a hold of if you have questions about something you are working on. The hardest part of my job is having to tell clients like it is knowing that they are going to be upset with you. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that you are helping make a difference by saving someones life.
Benefits
Cons
long work days with heavy case loads
Truly horrid
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2016
Typical day: walk in early, get report that day shift was crazy, clean up day shift work, admits, pass meds, more admits, eat while hiding from clients, pass more meds, try to finish admits and/or deal with the day's crisis, report. Now do that 12+ shifts a payperiod (keep in mind you get called to come in on your day off frequently) and you have a typical nurse position here.

No teamwork from other staff or sites. Every location is understaffed and overworked. The only people who seem to like it are the ones who are new and don't know better yet, or the counseling staff/management who run out the door at 4:30 and can't be bothered after hours.

There are hundreds of LPN jobs out there that pay around the same. Please don't let this one be your choice as you will very soon regret it!
Pros
$2 meals; overtime galore; helping save lives
Cons
Inconsistent hours, truly dangerous clients (CSC, felony, psychotic with HX of violence)
a nightmare. They need a 0 ­čîčoption for this place.
CD tech (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 30, 2016
This company will take you down fast. They will work you an insane amount of hours and demand more. They treat every employee differently depending on what the lateset crisis is, and there are ALOT of crisis. Counselors and management will leave evey day as soon as they can and will literally bolt for the door on fridays leaving clients and under-trained techs to sink or swim all weekend. They lie to you about almost everything and what isn't a lie is "a chage in policy" after you accept a position.They will fill beds with active psychotic "clients" and when you are threatened with physical violence management will tell you they can't do anything about it " until something happens". There are no ethics, no morals, no concern for you as an employee let alone as a person and most of all there is no therapeutic treatment in even the most basic sense for those seeking help for their addiction. Run fast. Run far. This company is everything wrong with for profit health care.
Pros
You learn what you don't want in a job
Cons
Everything else
New changes and nice support
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MNJuly 7, 2016
Typically I do get my job done in 40 hours/week. When I was stressed, I spoke with my manager and we made adjustments to my work flow. I feel supported and we do amazing client care at our facility.
Pros
Flexilbity and kind manager
Cons
increase benefits
Not a good fit for me
Methadone Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2016
Administered Methadone to clients. There was not very much variety in the job. The most difficult part of my job was the co-workers. There was no team work. People continually talked behind peoples backs. The supervisor would tell the workers what a terrible job they were doing all the time.
Pros
One of my Co-Workers is still a great friend of mine.
Cons
Not enough variety.
Great Career Oppertunity
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 16, 2016
Great place to work on building your career in the field of chemical dependency and mental health. In the last few years Meridian has undergone an overhaul of management with new leadership in place. Meridian has expanded their management team to include Mental Health Professionals, Chemical Health Professionals, Compliance Officers, and IT professionals. The new leadership team all have experience working in the field and truly understand the needs of the patients.
Meridian has really grown as a company and has given me ample opportunities to advance my career in several different directions. More often than not they promote from within and value the different perspectives of their diverse staff. I have really grown as both a clinician and administrator. I have advanced into a leadership role without having to give up my passion for patient contact. I really feel that the negative reviews are not representative of the experiences of the majority of the staff.
Money hungry for profit company
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2016
Unqualified managers, very poor work ethic, could care less about the clients. If you want to ruin people's lives, this company is for you!! Alliance methadone clinic is a drug empoium. Management knows about it, but they turn their head. I wish the state would investigate this dump.
Pros
Cons
It's Meridian. And they treat employees like DIRT!!
Not a good place to work
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 26, 2016
There is no employee appreciation
No realistic plan for employee retention
Hostile work environments
Poor wages for employees
No contribution towards retirement
Expensive healthcare
Pros
Cons
No employee incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6