MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES

MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

drama work place but its a fun place to work
Wellington (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 3, 2016
stressful tired couldnt get over time the pay could of been better the management team could be a little better but hey were all humans
Pros
working with older people seeing them smile
Cons
free food at dinner and lunch time
overall great place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJanuary 15, 2016
Typical day:Laundry, set dining room nightly, sweep and mop nightly, CNA work
What I learned: Patience is key
Management: They always do their best to make things better
Co-Workers: overachievers and always do more than what's asked
Hardest part: their wants hard part
Most enjoyable: Spending Quality time with the residents
Management lacks leadership skills
administration (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience that I am obtaining.. I have great co-workers who are willing to lend a hand when needed.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership skills. Lack of communication
This was amazing
Navigator (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INNovember 8, 2015
I love what I do. I just do not like having information with held that pertains to my job. I have worked my way from front desk to being the ceo's assistant when we were Family Health Services.
Great place to start
Staffing (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 4, 2015
No day is the same at the facility due to the population. Turn over is constant. Clean environment and over all general nice people to work with. The company is expanding at a rapid rate which has good and bad aspects to that; the number of clients is expanding but additional workers is not.
Pros
Clean environment mainly cheerful staff
Cons
Pay rate is below average for this type of work
Don't expect a raise
patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 2, 2015
The employees at Meridian are great people, however, management does not care to show employees they appreciate them. This company does not give raises. I worked for Meridian for many years and never received a pay increase. They do expect you as an employee to work whatever schedule they give you regardless of what shift you hired in. There is no advancement in this company. They will hire from the outside before moving excellent employees up the ladder/giving raises.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long shifts, poor management
great work enviroment
Revenue Cycle Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 19, 2015
Meridian is a nice place to work. Large staff that is very helpful. There is always something new and exciting to learn. Meridian provides excellent service to community
Time Management is key on this job!
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 15, 2015
Job is very demanding and takes a lot of experience to move up. Co workers are great. You get to set your own hours and this helps with time leverage.
Pros
set your hours
Cons
meeting clients daily can be challenging
Love Helping people
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INSeptember 14, 2015
Watching patients grow and succeed in life is probably one of the best quality's as a Medical Assistant. You build a relationship with your patient and you learn to respect your job more than you could ever imagine.
Holistic care is the general idea, and it is beneficial to our clts
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 11, 2015
Provided Casemanagement or skill building services. Developed treatment plans, completed necessary assessments.
Great staff and team mates.
Enjoyed working with clients, especially when I can see improvements.
Hardest- when losing battle to drugs and clt's overdose.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Lower pay scale
Lots of work, little support, uncomfortable situations
Master Level Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 28, 2015
Meridian is a very large and rapidly growing mental health facility. I was with the company for years and it changed dramatically after becoming the largest mental health provider in the state of Indiana. Meridian went from a great company with tons of support for its employees, education opportunities, and understanding co-workers and leadership. Before I left the company, I found that many of the brightest and best were forced out of the company by the ever-demanding restrictions placed on staff by the lead managers out of the Muncie office. As stated in previous reviews, there is an expectation to make over 100k for the company yearly. I understand that it is a company and companies make money, but the productivity expectations put many workers at risk for burnout and mental strain. These risks are downplayed and ignored by the managers. If you value making a difference and would like to be a valued member of a team, look elsewhere; this is not the job opportunity for you.
Pros
Average salary
Cons
Unethical practices, bullies, harassment, red tape, politics
Assisting/supervising clients with their children
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 21, 2015
Assisting clients to rebuild their lives so their children could come to live with them on a permanent basis
Supervising visits and guiding parents with parenting skills
Assisting parents with community resources, housing, social skills
Pros
N/A
Cons
attempting to reach productivty quotas with not enough clients to do so
There is no raises
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushville, inApril 29, 2015
corporate does not care about there people. They are all about the money. There outlook is everyone including patients are replaceable.
Pros
The doctors and staff are great people
Cons
no raise and corporate
Rapidly growing organization
unknown (Current Employee) –  unknownJanuary 28, 2015
Meridian Health Services is a rapidly growing organization due to the fact they provide great quality services to the community. There are various clinical/administrative positions which gives staff the opportunity to advance themselves. I work with a great team that has a passion to support each other and provide great quality services. The clinical positions can be challenging due to documentation and productivity standards, but management is always available to support staff and help them grow. I have grown tremendously in my time at Meridian, both professionally and clinically, and I am looking forward to see areas in which I grow over the next next couple years.
Pros
emphasis on clinical and professional growth. great support from management. great benefits.
Cons
work with challenging population. pay could be better.
Had the opportunity to get to work with a varied speciment of the developmentally disbled.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 26, 2014
Learn through training sessions and annual sessions sponsored by the company to keep you updated on latest knowledge of items going on in the world for the developmentally disabled and feeling success with achieving knowledge for your consumers.
Pros
able to attend special olympics and other activities
Cons
sometimes hours were flexible but able to comply.
Devoted to children and families
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 25, 2014
This company is devoted to children and families and strives to meet the needs of their clients.
don't believe the hype
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 30, 2014
This company will pretend as if they care but will "toss you under the bus" at any given time. There was an individual who started as "full-time" but then was given "part-time" then again ~ placed on "full-time!" This is ridiculous and this company does not care about their employees. They will wait until things are really bad before they consider anything else.
Pros
no micro~managing
Cons
management is not very supportive
Difficult environment in which to work.
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 3, 2014
This job can be rewarding but is often difficult and stressful. My recommendations for this job is to know that this is not long term.
Pros
individualized
Cons
long hours, excessive documentation
Direct supervision was amazing, however the main office has a tense atmosphere and they are bullies.
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMay 4, 2014
My direct supervisor was AMAZING, hands down the best supervisor I've ever had. There is a LOT of freedom with this job- you have to be self motivated. LOTS and LOTS of paperwork.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
paperwork
No advancement/NO RAISES
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  PortlandFebruary 13, 2014
Typical work day involved doing way too much for too little pay. After 4 yrs of working there....not a dime more than when hired. Management constantly changes policies and procedures and if not careful could get yourself into trouble. This company is more concerned with buying new locations and expanding than taking care of their dedicated employees.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
no raises/compensation, no appreciation, constant growing work load

2.9