MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES

MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great working Environment w/ rewarding benefits
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 17, 2017
This office setting is relaxed ad professional. I have enjoyed being a part of this team. My knowledge of Medical billing has grown w/ experience and help from the staff around me daily. My managers are considerate and professional.
Pros
PTO, hr lunch, relaxed setting, spacious desk.
Cons
NONE~
No compensation
Behavioral Technician/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 9, 2017
This is an underpaid position. The wear and tear on your vehicle is not compensated fairly. To perform the position and provide the care you case load needs, it is impossible to do in a 40 hour week and no overtime is available
Fun and productive workplace
Front Office Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 27, 2016
I had wonderful co-workers to work with, we all worked together to get every patient, phone, and email answered in a timely fashion, we are the 1st person you see when you walk in the door and also the last. It's important to leave a lasting impression on that patient. The hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy and address all their needs in a short amount of time. My most enjoyable part of my job was the lasting friendships you make with all the patients that walk through the door.
This is the worst company to work for
Environment Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 15, 2016
They want to cut hours and jobs. They rather pull strings for their family members then anybody else. They are not very nice to people some people of bad attitude. It is the worst company I have ever worked for.
drama work place but its a fun place to work
Wellington (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 3, 2016
stressful tired couldnt get over time the pay could of been better the management team could be a little better but hey were all humans
Pros
working with older people seeing them smile
Cons
free food at dinner and lunch time
Don't be fooled
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
Entered into this job and was told it was "part-time", it is not. They expect 40hrs per week. I was not backed up by my supervisors when I was being bullied and harassed by a Benchmark case worker. They do not care as much about the welfare of the kids as they lead on. I worked with kids who should not have been in the foster family situation they were in and approached my supervisors and was told to just "focus on the kids and their behaviors because that is your job". The training was absolutely not adequate enough and they basically throw you to the wolves so to speak. They have BC's updating treatment plans for these kids and I do not agree that someone without a mental health license should be touching a treatment plan, yes they are approved by a doctor, but I still feel it is wrong. Overall, don't waste your time.
Cons
Stressful, overworked and underpaid
overall great place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJanuary 15, 2016
Typical day:Laundry, set dining room nightly, sweep and mop nightly, CNA work
What I learned: Patience is key
Management: They always do their best to make things better
Co-Workers: overachievers and always do more than what's asked
Hardest part: their wants hard part
Most enjoyable: Spending Quality time with the residents
Management lacks leadership skills
administration (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience that I am obtaining.. I have great co-workers who are willing to lend a hand when needed.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Lack of leadership skills. Lack of communication
This was amazing
Navigator (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INNovember 8, 2015
I love what I do. I just do not like having information with held that pertains to my job. I have worked my way from front desk to being the ceo's assistant when we were Family Health Services.
Great place to start
Staffing (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 4, 2015
No day is the same at the facility due to the population. Turn over is constant. Clean environment and over all general nice people to work with. The company is expanding at a rapid rate which has good and bad aspects to that; the number of clients is expanding but additional workers is not.
Pros
Clean environment mainly cheerful staff
Cons
Pay rate is below average for this type of work
Don't expect a raise
patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 2, 2015
The employees at Meridian are great people, however, management does not care to show employees they appreciate them. This company does not give raises. I worked for Meridian for many years and never received a pay increase. They do expect you as an employee to work whatever schedule they give you regardless of what shift you hired in. There is no advancement in this company. They will hire from the outside before moving excellent employees up the ladder/giving raises.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long shifts, poor management
great work enviroment
Revenue Cycle Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 19, 2015
Meridian is a nice place to work. Large staff that is very helpful. There is always something new and exciting to learn. Meridian provides excellent service to community
Time Management is key on this job!
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 15, 2015
Job is very demanding and takes a lot of experience to move up. Co workers are great. You get to set your own hours and this helps with time leverage.
Pros
set your hours
Cons
meeting clients daily can be challenging
Love Helping people
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INSeptember 14, 2015
Watching patients grow and succeed in life is probably one of the best quality's as a Medical Assistant. You build a relationship with your patient and you learn to respect your job more than you could ever imagine.
Holistic care is the general idea, and it is beneficial to our clts
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 11, 2015
Provided Casemanagement or skill building services. Developed treatment plans, completed necessary assessments.
Great staff and team mates.
Enjoyed working with clients, especially when I can see improvements.
Hardest- when losing battle to drugs and clt's overdose.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Lower pay scale
Lots of work, little support, uncomfortable situations
Master Level Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 28, 2015
Meridian is a very large and rapidly growing mental health facility. I was with the company for years and it changed dramatically after becoming the largest mental health provider in the state of Indiana. Meridian went from a great company with tons of support for its employees, education opportunities, and understanding co-workers and leadership. Before I left the company, I found that many of the brightest and best were forced out of the company by the ever-demanding restrictions placed on staff by the lead managers out of the Muncie office. As stated in previous reviews, there is an expectation to make over 100k for the company yearly. I understand that it is a company and companies make money, but the productivity expectations put many workers at risk for burnout and mental strain. These risks are downplayed and ignored by the managers. If you value making a difference and would like to be a valued member of a team, look elsewhere; this is not the job opportunity for you.
Pros
Average salary
Cons
Unethical practices, bullies, harassment, red tape, politics
Assisting/supervising clients with their children
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 21, 2015
Assisting clients to rebuild their lives so their children could come to live with them on a permanent basis
Supervising visits and guiding parents with parenting skills
Assisting parents with community resources, housing, social skills
Pros
N/A
Cons
attempting to reach productivty quotas with not enough clients to do so
There is no raises
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushville, inApril 29, 2015
corporate does not care about there people. They are all about the money. There outlook is everyone including patients are replaceable.
Pros
The doctors and staff are great people
Cons
no raise and corporate
Rapidly growing organization
unknown (Current Employee) –  unknownJanuary 28, 2015
Meridian Health Services is a rapidly growing organization due to the fact they provide great quality services to the community. There are various clinical/administrative positions which gives staff the opportunity to advance themselves. I work with a great team that has a passion to support each other and provide great quality services. The clinical positions can be challenging due to documentation and productivity standards, but management is always available to support staff and help them grow. I have grown tremendously in my time at Meridian, both professionally and clinically, and I am looking forward to see areas in which I grow over the next next couple years.
Pros
Emphasis on clinical and professional growth. Great support from management. Great benefits.
Cons
Work with challenging population. Pay could be better.
Had the opportunity to get to work with a varied speciment of the developmentally disbled.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 26, 2014
Learn through training sessions and annual sessions sponsored by the company to keep you updated on latest knowledge of items going on in the world for the developmentally disabled and feeling success with achieving knowledge for your consumers.
Pros
Able to attend Special Olympics and other activities
Cons
Sometimes hours were flexible but able to comply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9