MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES

MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES Employer Reviews

Difficult environment in which to work.
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee), Anderson, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: individualized
Cons: long hours, excessive documentation
This job can be rewarding but is often difficult and stressful. My recommendations for this job is to know that this is not long term.
Direct supervision was amazing, however the main office has a tense atmosphere and they are bullies.
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: paperwork
My direct supervisor was AMAZING, hands down the best supervisor I've ever had. There is a LOT of freedom with this job- you have to be self motivated. LOTS and LOTS of paperwork.
No advancement/NO RAISES
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), PortlandFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no raises/compensation, no appreciation, constant growing work load
Typical work day involved doing way too much for too little pay. After 4 yrs of working there....not a dime more than when hired. Management constantly changes policies and procedures and if not careful could get yourself into trouble. This company is more concerned with buying new locations and expanding than taking care of their dedicated employees.
good company to work for, friendly people, low compensation for the job
Behavioral Technician/Case Manager (Current Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 19, 2014
need higher pay- this job requires so much physically and mentally plus the wear and tear on my car is unreal
Too much for too little
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee), indianaNovember 5, 2013
Not advancement. Too little of pay while being asked to do too much.
terrible company
behavioral clinician/ wrap facilitator (Former Employee), bluffton indianaAugust 16, 2013
Cons: everything about the company
the company does not care about its employees. all they care about is money, thats all i ever heard when i was there " you have to bring in more money". the management is terrible, they hardly ever talk to you unless you make a mistake then they tell their bosses that they trained you on it which they never do. no bonus, no raise, terrible benefits. – more... plus they expect you to drive hours out of your way for trainings every month and still make productivity. I would never recommend working for this company. after i left they screwed me on the insurance side of things for a dental procedure. – less
Would Never Have Worked Here If I Had Known...
Case Manager (Former Employee), MuncieAugust 1, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no lunches, expected to work free overtime, management that doesn't care, having to dress professionally when you are working in disgusting places, high productivity
This is not a job I would ever tell anyone to take. The whole goal of my job is to make the company money. A person in my department brings in AT LEAST $120,000 a year. There are 30-40 of us, keep that in mind. You have to go above that to get a bonus. Yup, no raises. You get a bonus based on how much you go above what is already asked of you. SO that – more... means that it gets taxed like crazy and you barely see it. It's not worth it. The bonus I could get is still NOTHING compared to what the higher ups get. The CEO makes over $400,000 a year and gets a LARGE bonus. Why don't you give that to the people who make all the money for the company? And they do everything they can to take your bonus!
They complain to us about things like the way we dress. Jeans aren't "professional". MY JOB IS NOT PROFESSIONAL. I work with the clients with bed bugs, who don't shower and who are gross. I risk taking bugs into my home, being in filth and going into horrible conditions. But Meridian says... here is $28,000 a year and if you work your tail off I will give you a tiny bonus with a special bonus tax where you lose most of it... ENJOY. Whatever, this job is a joke. The managers make RIDICULOUS money and the people earning the money for the company are not given compensation. In fact, they don't care about us at all. We are replaceable by the next stupid person... they just want to pay as little as they can to make as much money as they can. I made the company like $130,000 dollars and that just isn't good enough. I work all day, get no lunches and am expected to fix everyone's problems. The co-workers are amazing and we are there for each other. Because we all make horrible money and can barely get by... we get each other. But get real, Meridian. You want us to dress professionally to work with bugs, dirt and people who won't shower? You are ridiculous. And thanks for the worst insurance in the world. So glad our clients can get their medications... but we can't. The overall environment of this job is horrible. No room to move up. And you can NEVER have a raise, ever. Awesome. Way to motivate your employees. – less
I enjoyed working there it was never boring
Custodian (Former Employee), New CastleJuly 27, 2013
Pros: i got paid pretty good
Cons: they didnt have more hours
I worked about 3-4 hours a night cleaned halls and offices. I learned to be detailed at my job..I enjoyed working with the people on my shift. We had a certain area we had to do every night. I guess the hardest job there was buffing the floors in the kitchen. It was hard on the back. Again it was the coworkers for sure we would blast the radio no one – more... else was there but us – less
co workers we awsome but team leader and overall boss are terrible
behavior clinician/case manager (Former Employee), Muncie IndianaJune 24, 2013
I would not recommend my worst nightmare working here. I think meridian as a whole is a very good company however the adult community support program in Muncie needs a lot of help. The boss over this department lacs a lot of what it takes to be a leader. She is older and I feel bad for her but she forgets almost everything you tell ur and she is very – more... demeaning and belittling. I felt as though you as a worker is just another face in the crowd and they had no investment in you whatsoever.my coworkers are the reason why I stayed for 6 months. I also really enjoyed the client and helping people if it wasn't for the boss I would probably still be there.your days are very fast paced and you work the full 8 hours and most times through your lunch. And still have at least 2 hours of paperwork once you are off the clock that you are never paid for. – less
It is a nice setting in a rural community with comfortable offices.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Portland, INMay 14, 2013
Pros: met some great people.
Cons: being on call.
Each work day starts early, and is busy up until 5:00 pm and later. Sometimes we get called out to the hospital ER for a client who is threatening suicide. We then have to assess them and find an appropriate place to place them where they can get help. The co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is being "on call" at night and on the weekends. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients get what they need and get better. – less
Ehhh
Custodian (Former Employee), Muncie, INDecember 13, 2012
It's not bad, a dead-end job though. Not any room for advancement and no benefits for part time employees
Staff friendly, but management leaves very little time conviviality
Clinical Social worker (Former Employee), Portland, INDecember 11, 2012
Pros: lots of on-the-job traiing
Cons: 24 hours on-call is mandatory for all therapist
All work day 8 to 5.
Trainig and meeting always held over lunch time and client schedule right up and immediately after meetings.
However, training was paid for within a set financial limit.
Co-workers very friendly and accepting
the staff was great
Case Manager (Former Employee), Muncie, INNovember 1, 2012
This place is difficult to work as a case manager due to the unethical working conditions.
great experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, INOctober 26, 2012
Pros: great experience
Cons: questionable morals
It was a great working experience. Some of the morals weren't so great!
Fast paced office that made the day go by quickly.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Richmond, INMay 30, 2012
Pros: holidays
Cons: long drive
Greet clients, schedule appointments, answer phones, take payments, process intake for new clients. I learned that even the most upset client can be calmed with kind words. Management was not good. Loved my co-workers. The lack of communication was a big concern that wasted everyone's time. I loved seeing clients progress because of our help.
benefits are good, managers and coworkers are excellent
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 7, 2012
Cons: driving, compensation, pay
I work with kids with developmental disabilities and also kids in the foster care. I pick them up and spend time with them in order to increase social, coping skills and model appropriate behaviors.
Cohesive staff to work with
Behavioral Clinician/ Case Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, INApril 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches from vendors, client friendly workplace, friendly staff
Cons: meridian services does not give raises, the salary you begin with you end with!
Meridian Services cares very much for their clients and tries to make sure that client's are first priority with staff. Staff works together for the good of the clients. A typical day at work encompasses a minimum for five hours of billable time seeing clients. A Case Manager might assist a client at the grocery, food pantry, doctor visit, or emergency – more... room visit, or just meet with them at their home to make sure they are provided with services to assist them in their daily lives.
I learned to document everything and to word documentation in a format that is acceptable to Medicaid/Medicare. Notes must be submitted within 47 hours and sometimes this is hard to accomplish. A 15 minute contact might take as long to write a note as a five hour contact.
For the most part management was helpful, friendly and willing to answer questions. My co-workers were awesome to work with and became a team for the betterment of the client.
The hardest part of the job was when a client failed at their personal goal and you felt like you were failing also.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the clients achieve even a small victory. It might be for some one week sober/drug free or one year or ten years, each was a huge victory to them.
Another enjoyable part of the job was the inpromptu lunches where staff met to get away from work for just a little while. – less