MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Good
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 3, 2017
Good place to start. Faced paced, variety, and never a dull moment. Four days with the Doctor, and one to catch up on calls to fill Rx. Casual Fridays.
Pros
Casual Fridays
Cons
stressful at times
Mishawaka office going downhill
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INNovember 1, 2017
For so long, this office was thriving and growing at an exponential rate. Then there were some changes in management and things started to go downhill at an alarming rate. Within the past few months, things had started becoming hostile at this location. Many of the employees are complaining and leaving because they feel they are being treated unfairly. They feel that their management team does not respect them nor care about them as people. Many of the employees feel like they are only a statistic. Do not work here if you want to work for a company that values their employees.
*PLEASE NOTE* NOT ALL MANAGERS ARE LIKE THIS 2/3 are. Also, note that this review only should be considered if applying at the Mishawaka office location.
Pros
Good health Coverage, 401k, Strong, reliable HR Department
stressful
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 10, 2017
lack of management support. Short staffed. lack of team work in a lot of areas. Pay is not great. Would never work here again. Change over in staff was significant. Lack of training in the field as well
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
lack of team work
Helpful to the community
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, InOctober 10, 2017
Meridian Service was a great place to work. My co-workers and I got along very well. The shortage of staff made it difficult at times, but I feel like multi-tasking made work run smoothly.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low stafffing
Relaxed and Friendly
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46226September 19, 2017
Hardest part of the job is that it is Mental Health. There are not typical work days. Relaxed atmosphere most days. Turn over high due to you do not receive raises.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Communication
Good starter company with room for some growth
Administrative Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 5, 2017
I work from home currently. My typical day revolves around Excel spreadsheets, analyzing and correcting data, sending out correspondence within the company for required corrections and improvements, providing support to end users with questions, answering emails, and importing and exporting data. I also help implement procedures and utilize a department help desk queue to resolve issues with end users. I also complete other duties as assigned.

I've been promoted 3 times to my current position and I've learned quite a bit about the organizations inner workings and would like to use what I've consumed for growth. I've done everything from greeting clients, taking payments, scheduling appointments, deterring difficult situations, learning insurance basics, implementing a new prior authorization process, heading the IT help desk support team, analyzing data, and quality control.

The workplace is a community geared towards providing services in the best interests of the clients.

The hardest part of my job can sometimes be most affected by website issues, upgrades, and downtime of outside websites needed to complete my job in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the advantage of working from home and being trusted to complete my job without direct supervision. I enjoy quality control and quality of work over quantity. I pride myself on being detail oriented and determined to find solutions.
Pros
Outstanding service to community and clients
Meridian
Behavioral Clinician/Addictions and Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 21, 2017
I love working here with my coworkers and clients. Benefits are also good and management works with you on any time off you may need. I would have liked to move up.
This is a challenging work place echo have incorporated various areas of nursing care
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2017
Meridian Health Service is the parent company that owns The Residences at Thomas Circle which operates skill nursing unit, assisted living and memory care units. It is a well managed nursing facility that ensures the well being of its residents. It is a five star rated.
Unprofessional
Billing Clerk / Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 3, 2017
The upper management was the cause of most issues that happen in the work place. Often times pitting workers against one another and constantly creating chaos!
Cons
Horrible work environment
Ok place to work. No opportunity for raise or advancement
Full-time Inpatient RN (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 16, 2017
A good place to start as a new nurse. Good doctors and coworkers to work with. Management changes often. Has a great variety of seasoned nurses with different skills. Was able to increase my nursing knowledge.
Pros
Coworkers are great to work with. good benefits
Cons
Big turnover. Does not give raises.
Behavior Clinician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 12, 2017
Great job, forever changing, somewhat fast pace. Job that allows you to create your own schedule and work mostly independent. Each day is different and there is a lot of room to be creative in the work space.
Pros
make your own schedule, work independently
Cons
working independently
N/a
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2017
Meridian Health Services give great quality services to the patients they provide them to. They are a growing company that I am proud to say I am apart of.
Challenging enviroment in community mental health
Mental Health Therapist/Intern (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 1, 2017
In working at Meridian Health Services I learned a great deal through supervision regarding treatment planning, various interventions and case management.
Job Setting
Master Level Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2017
Great place to work if you prefer community based. No micromanaging. Much assistance and feedback from supervisors. Meeting productivity is very important.
Love the clients but the pay does not match the work done
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 28, 2017
Meridian is a good place to meet people that are in need of mental health services. Employer wants you to work hard but they are not able to train to adequately do the work. Employees are expected to meet a certain amount of production per week but many times you do not have enough clients to meet the requirement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay for the amount of work done
Run from Meridian
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 25, 2017
Low starting wages, no raises, poor orientation, and training, CPR class a joke, lousy management, hired for one thing and not allowed to do it. Everyone looking for another job. Stayed 3 months, would have left sooner if I could have. You will be unhappy, guaranteed. Only work here if you are desperate.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, no raises, management treats staff like a bad child
people are nice
Revenue Cycle Technician (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INJune 19, 2017
I like what I did there, but they did not train me well, I only had 16 hours of training. When you are starting a new job and do not know anything about the system being use that is not enough time to lear
Difficult
HIM Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 14, 2017
This is a difficult place to work. Management is top heavy and there is no organizational structure or organization chart. Roles are not clearly defined.
It's a good place to work
Behavioral Clinician/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 26, 2017
Meridian Health Services has a large presence in this area and would be an excellent place to work and grow. My work was very rewarding and I go to make my own schedule.
fun workplace
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  240 N TillotsonMay 15, 2017
To many people telling you how to do something and tons of different ways. No pay raises, insurance is ok, pay not good, management is good, fun atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9