Meridian Medical Associates Employee Reviews

This job sucks
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 22, 2015
This is probably the worst job I have ever had. There is no room for advancement or promotions. If there is anything that needs to be changed, DO NOT EVEN ASK!! It will NEVER happen anyway. The morals of the employees and the bosses are extremely low and the bosses are unapproachable, If you need to leave early for any reason, dont even ask. The turn around there is very high. They do not want to pay their employees, they would rather watch them go to a different job and not hire anyone else. If you like to work short handed, very little money, ugly uniforms, long hours, and not be appreciated at all, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
The employees are great people
Cons
Everything else
Great place. Horrible management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2015
The doctors at this group are phenomenal, coworkers are great with patients and other coworkers. Management, on the other hand, is scrambling to keep employees because not only do they drive out the good ones but they praise themselves for all of the hardwork done by employees. It's not all management, some departments are worse and some are great! Until quick care gets a revamp of a supervisor, that department will continue to need new bright employees to crush their spirits. Multiple complaints about this person and NOTHING has been done to address it.
Pros
Great docs
Cons
Low pay, supervisor on a power trip
They smile in your face
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield,ILMay 16, 2015
This company needs a lot of fixing in regards to management. The lady in charge of all of the departments is very fake. The lady who runs HR will look at you like you are being interrogated if you are in her office if she has questions for you. The ladies in upper management are in a clique and run that company, so start off on their good side or they will find a way to fire you. If you are asked for your opinion during a meeting, and you give it, later you find out that the doctors or your coworkers think you're trying to take over the department. If you are due for your yearly raise, good luck getting it on time. You MIGHT get it six months later if you're lucky. Stay away from this sinking ship! Look for work elsewhere where the pay is better and your time and hard work will be appreciated!
Pros
You get the day after Thanksgiving off
Cons
everything except the one pro listed
The Department Teamwork is the Best
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 12, 2015
The best part of my job is not only dealing with the patients but also the staff in my department. We are a very close team and I can always count on my staff to pull through any situation. I really enjoy my department because we never know what situations we will be presented with and we have to be ready for anything.
I love taking care of other people and will often go out of my way to make them as comfortable as possible or to answer all their questions. We see patients at their worst and the last place they want to be is in a doctors office. I feel it is part of my job to try to make it the best visit they can possibly have under the current circumstances.
The main thing I would like to be improved is the communication with my boss, it can be a challenge to get time to meet, an email addressed or a return phone call. We also do not have regular monthly nurse supervisor meetings which I would like to have.
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Triage all patients both in person and via telephone. Assist Physicians with patients procedures, order medications, diagnostic testing.
Pros
Enjoyed working closely with skilled physicians
Business environment and very busy.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 25, 2013
The job I perform is very busy. As an operator, you have to pay attention to every call and direct to the correct location within the clinic. As a result, you must be patient and understanding without getting frustrated with the caller. I work with a group of ladies who are helpful and thoughtful. Since I am unable to go to the ladies room, when in need, they do not hesitate to come when I call. The hardest part of this job is the day after a holiday. The lines become very, very busy all day long. My most enjoyable moment is when the caller says, "Thank you" for being patient and helpful. I have learned to be understanding and patient and to be mindful that it could be my family members or myself on the other end of the phone and I would not want anyone to be rude to us.
Pros
assessibility to the dr. when i am sick.
Cons
pay, medicine is expensive for asthmatics.
Typicäl day at MMA
RN (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 16, 2015
Started workday at 8am, reviewed & revised patient schedule, telephone and clinic triage, ordering test, labs to help MD examine and diagnose patients. Set up and assist with minor surgical procedures. Calling patients to discuss test results.
Pros
Terrific MD who taught me a lot of about great pt. care
Cons
low pay
great co-workers
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2014
the management needs a little change, but over all a great place to work.
Productive and busy place to work.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work is exciting you never know how your day will, this company stays busy what i like most about this company they do a lot for the community.
Pros
flexability
Cons
lunch breaks could be longer
Very very busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, IlJanuary 26, 2014
Employees were not kind all for themselves patients were very nice and kind, supervisors were changed regularly and often sometimes you did not know who to report to, I worked there for 2 years and had 6 supervisors. Managers are not very nice and the meetings they have are not very informative.
Pros
i don't think there are any
Cons
very short lunch and breaks
Meridian Medical
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 21, 2014
My job with Meridian Medical was outstanding, nothing negative to say
Pros
hours
Cons
nothing
Externship Site
Externship (Former Employee) –  Joliet IlApril 3, 2013
I was able to put my skills learned in the classroom to test in a real office setting. I worked in many different departments from pediatrics to asthma and allergy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Meridian Medical Associates Reviews by Location