Meridian Medical Associates Employee Reviews

They smile in your face
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Plainfield,ILMay 16, 2015
Pros: You get the day after Thanksgiving off
Cons: everything except the one pro listed
This company needs a lot of fixing in regards to management. The lady in charge of all of the departments is very fake. The lady who runs HR will look at you like you are being interrogated if you are in her office if she has questions for you. The ladies in upper management are in a clique and run that company, so start off on their good side or they will find a way to fire you. If you are asked for your opinion during a meeting, and you give it, later you find out that the doctors or your coworkers think you're trying to take over the department. If you are due for your yearly raise, good luck getting it on time. You MIGHT get it six months later if you're lucky. Stay away from this sinking ship! Look for work elsewhere where the pay is better and your time and hard work will be appreciated!
Typicäl day at MMA
RN (Former Employee), Meridian, MSApril 16, 2015
Pros: Terrific MD who taught me a lot of about great pt. care
Cons: low pay
Started workday at 8am, reviewed & revised patient schedule, telephone and clinic triage, ordering test, labs to help MD examine and diagnose patients. Set up and assist with minor surgical procedures. Calling patients to discuss test results.
Meridian Medical
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: nothing
My job with Meridian Medical was outstanding, nothing negative to say
Very very busy
Receptionist (Former Employee), Joliet, IlJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: i don't think there are any
Cons: very short lunch and breaks
Employees were not kind all for themselves patients were very nice and kind, supervisors were changed regularly and often sometimes you did not know who to report to, I worked there for 2 years and had 6 supervisors. Managers are not very nice and the meetings they have are not very informative.
great co-workers
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2014
the management needs a little change, but over all a great place to work.
Business environment and very busy.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 25, 2013
Pros: assessibility to the dr. when i am sick.
Cons: pay, medicine is expensive for asthmatics.
The job I perform is very busy. As an operator, you have to pay attention to every call and direct to the correct location within the clinic. As a result, you must be patient and understanding without getting frustrated with the caller. I work with a group of ladies who are helpful and thoughtful. Since I am unable to go to the ladies room, when in need, they do not hesitate to come when I call. The hardest part of this job is the day after a holiday. The lines become very, very busy all day long. My most enjoyable moment is when the caller says, "Thank you" for being patient and helpful. I have learned to be understanding and patient and to be mindful that it could be my family members or myself on the other end of the phone and I would not want anyone to be rude to us.
Externship Site
Externship (Former Employee), Joliet IlApril 3, 2013
I was able to put my skills learned in the classroom to test in a real office setting. I worked in many different departments from pediatrics to asthma and allergy.
Productive and busy place to work.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 9, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: lunch breaks could be longer
A typical day at work is exciting you never know how your day will, this company stays busy what i like most about this company they do a lot for the community.