Meridian Senior Living Employee Reviews

Terrible Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 11, 2017
They lie about shifts and hours. Not a great place to work. Family and residents were nice to care for. Other than that I would not recommend this place
great place
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkins, WVDecember 1, 2017
I would refer anyone to apply and come join a great team and a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and the staff is amazing. I have learned so much from the workers and the management staff, i couldn't have found a better place.
Cons
n/a
Horrible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 22, 2017
Residents are awesome,management and coworkers treat you terrible. Would not recommend this place. Sorry but there are other nursing homes that you can work at that treat you better.
truly life changing
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
when I start working for meridian senior live it was a full life changing the people the employees
I learn that there's always good people that do good
Meridian is an AWESOME Company
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 30, 2017
Started as a Dietary Director was promoted to Sales Director and eventually Executive Director
The companies core values and treatment of staff and families as well as referral sources are the best Ive worked for.
Never had a bad experience working for Meridian, I wish there were more Meridian's as a company here locally so I could continue working for the company.
Pros
Everything about the company
Great culture!
Dining superviser (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDAugust 8, 2017
Really focused on culture. Makes it a fun place to work and a fun place for the residents to live. Really focused on making the dining program a great experience for the residents, guests and their families.
Pros
Worked schedule around my child care needs
Cons
Have to wait for positions to open for upward mobility
Great Work Environment...but...
Employee (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 1, 2017
Work environment, pay and benefits are on point. Management could be better about delegation and communication with employees when issues arise, when changes are made and with newly received information that impacts job performance.

Structure is very much needed. The ability to prepare to receive and train new employees is absent. HR needs to enforce mandatory training on communication skills for management as there is a failure to think rationally when there is an issue.

Overall, management fails to exemplify roles being lead by example by being emotionally driven in making decisions with a lack of respect in communicating with employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great benefits, great people
Cons
Establish structure with training new employees, establish structure with communication.
An awesome place to work
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park SouthforkJuly 26, 2017
This company fosters a culture that makes it a joy to come to work! The regional staff is amazing and give us the support we need to make sure our residents are taken care of and enjoy the experience of living in our communities.
The People I work with make my Day!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 25, 2017
Coming to work and seeing the Residents puts a smile on my face. When I see them in the morning I love how they are ready to start their day singing and dancing with me. I greet them every morning saying how's my family?
Excellent Company!!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 25, 2017
I have worked as a Executive Director for Meridian Senior for over two years and couldn't be happier. The Regional support is amazing and I couldn't ask for a better team. We have everything we need to make sure our Residents and employees are taking care of and when situations come up they're addressed in a timely manner.
I love my job!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 25, 2017
It's a great place to work and love taking care of the Residents. I like the management and we have a great Nurse. There's a lot of activities and outings that shows how much the community cares about their Residents.
I enjoy working here
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 4, 2017
It is a great job, awesome residents and you can tell the staff really cares about them! Makes me happy to be apart of a team like this. Also, the food is great!
Enjoyed my job responsibilities
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 3, 2017
Learned additional skills in repairing machinery
Enjoyed seniors living in facility
Good benefits
Not enough hours as originally promised = working 30 hrs/week instead of 40 as promised when hired
Cons
Was not given full 8 hr days as promised when hired
Residents are GREAT!
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee) –  TXMay 25, 2017
Not a good idea to be employed as a director!! HORRIBLE REGIONAL SUPPORT.. Lots of pie in the sky ideas, but don't give you the support or funds to make it happen.. Have to spend your own money A LOT!! Regional and above do not remember what its like on the ground day in and day out, nor do they care.. It is ALL about the numbers! RUN AWAY!
well caring staff, fun enviorment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCMay 25, 2017
very busy every morning with residents , family members, phone calls, meeting deadlines, have learned so much on alz/ dem, culture is very different from our world on the outside we need to adapt to the residents world, most hardest part is seen when the residents decline and get worse, the most enjoyable part is being able to see that we made a difference in one's life from day to day
Productive fun work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2017
Residents staff and Department heads are all helpful and care for the residents and work hard to meet all needs with in the guidles of the saftey procedures governed my state regulated rules
Pros
friendly
Cons
more hours
Everyday with meridian
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 26, 2017
The overall job it self is very rewarding. The facility is something that you fall in love with along with the residents. Management needs a lot of adjustment. The day that they figure it out it will be a better place. My most enjoyable moments at the facility is the residents. The residents make my job worth waking up and walking in the snow just to put a smile on their face like they place a smile on my face
Health Care
Team Member (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 17, 2017
Health Care is a challenge today. Meridian Senior Living thrives to have a different culture for residents and team members. They have great communities and a positive culture
Pros
Great people ethics
Cons
when current staff dont show for work
Terrible Management
Supervisor/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIMarch 18, 2017
Management is Horrible they care nothing about the staff we're over worked under paid and understaffed and not appreciated. They've turned an assisting living into a nursing home. The residents have no real activities because their to cheap. The families complain and nothing changes the food is horrible the residents have the same meal over and over this place is very unorganized I would never put my love one in this place. The residents are great I love working with some of them the staff is Hard working and we have great team work. This is not a good company to work for
Pros
The residents and great co workers
Cons
Low pay, no raises, and terrible management
Overall
former employee (Former Employee) –  Aledo, ILMarch 17, 2017
Meridian was the worst job I have ever had. Very unorganized. Family members being put in positions. For the little time I was there, there was a high turnover in staff. Management yelling at employees and residents. Health Department came in to inspect kitchen often. The residents don't desire the treatment they are getting. Sad situation.
Pros
friendly residents
Cons
Lack of management qualifications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8