Meridian Employee Reviews

Psych care
CMA (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 22, 2016
I have learned to work with mental challenge people. The hardest part of my job is playing the manger role when I am not in that position due to the superior don't know how to do or handle the situation. The job is under paid. Invaded by a lot of negative statements and actions no praise on the good work that you do. Management not willing to help out when in need.
Pros
drug rep lunches
Cons
low paying
Non-profit acting like for profit
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 12, 2016
Meridian has "productivity" standards for mental health and substance abuse treatment. Treating people is not an assembly line.
Pros
Generous paid time off.
Cons
expensive benefits
Very disorganized and not following nursing state regulations, very fast turnovers
nursing (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 23, 2015
I cleaned pretty much all employee files, organized employees' and residents' records such as immunization and training records. Documentation and filing records were obviously not done by the person I took over and it was exhausting to straighten these all out. I have a very strong work ethic so when I witness what kind of company and management I worked for, I was distraught. I did my best to contribute positivity and organization to this company. I was shocked to discover that some nurses who were currently hired and on orientation have expired CPR certifications, scared about how many nurses and CNAs only last for weeks then quit. My compensation is good but CNAs are getting paid at a minimum rate - which compared to other SNFs I know pays better. I hear complaints and frustrations on employees (nurses, CNAs, SWs, NPs, housekeeping, kitchen) every single day, it drags me down. It was awful
Cons
Very quick turnovers, low pay, poor work-life balance, poor management, unhappy dissatisfied employees
none cultured and bias environment
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 12, 2016
Working on individual outcomes and daily living skills most rewarding. Dedication to the individuals being served is important and giving them a smooth transition into their own group home setting is a plus. Keeping things very professional was easy and helped the work environment. Management style was non professional and more friendship focus when interacting with employees. Managing the transition/ crisis home with no experience more on a "who know" bases'.
Pros
working on outcomes with indivisuals being served
Cons
bias, none person centered work environment, extremly judgemental with no room to grow.
I like working with these company until they merged.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA 17033March 28, 2016
They were very good until they merged several times. More employees were leaving because of different merging. Very good benefits and most good employees were forces to retire.
Pros
Good training
Cons
short breaks like lunches.
good place to work except for the staffing issuees.
Community Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Fennville, MI 49408February 14, 2016
It is a very fun job to have and all of the residents are wonderful. There is a lot of problems with staffing and you are required to stay over a lot of the time. There are very few benefits and they do not give raises to the staff regularly.
exelent
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2016
Very good company
I was worked in machine operator
Very clean
Good management
Good prodution
They was to declare in bankrutpsy
Pros
free lonch
Cons
short braks
Fun place to work
Control Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2016
Co-workers are great, very friendly and knowledgeable about their trade.

Typical work day for me was to check emails in the morning over a caffeinated beverage. Respond to any new correspondence either email or over the phone. Then continue focusing on the current project at hand at whatever stage of the design it was. Lunch hours are flexible, I preferred to take mine at 11am to beat the rush of local restaurants. Come back and finish out my day on project design or coordination, whichever was most urgent.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lack of Healthcare plan
Ones job constantly changed due to outsourcing
Customer Service Representative - Citi (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 9, 2015
When I started with Citi I was a data entry clerk that noted consumer credit counseling info on accounts -that was outsourced.
Credit counseling collections
then Thank You department that was outsourced. Customer Service with a need to meet a quota in sales.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
I was unable to meet sales quota's but I gave excellent customer service
Not a good experience
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJDecember 2, 2015
If you love the gym and are looking for a good career in fitness this could be a very good fit for you or can turn out being a job you wished you never accepted to take on because you would've preferred to stay unemployed than to deal with incompetent management.
Pros
Free Gym Membership, Meet New people on a day to day basis
Cons
Management, Work life balance is horrible
awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 19, 2016
Great learning experience, ADP savvy, word proficient. 125 Residents and several departments & shifts. A people person, who loves problem solving
work place
painter (Former Employee) –  houston,txApril 10, 2016
I like to work at meridian, but sometimes they handle things the wrong way. and treat everybody different.. I don't think I got the respect I needed from them.. but If I had the chance to go back I would becuz I was comfortable of what I was doing.. and my follow coworkers
Great place to use my bilingual language ability
Investor Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
Great experience to learn financial area.
Great experience to use my Korean to English translation skills.
Very friendly co-workers.
fun work place
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  brickApril 27, 2015
the work is mandatory however they show appreciation to the employee's.
the pay rate is fair the benefits are terrific. some managers need to
stop being unfair but generally pretty good.
Pros
benefits /life work balance
Cons
some managers need an adjustment
very nice people
Custodian/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIMarch 9, 2016
overall pretty good, gave me bonuses, paid time off, they gave us a half week off for a company meeting and i dont know what else to say.
No advancement opportunities
Scratch Chef (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 12, 2016
I usually prepare lunch & dinner from scratch for over 160 residents. I also prepare pies & cakes from scratch for the residents.
Pros
I can do job with no supervision.
Cons
Not paid enough for my experience & skills.
Learned vast amount of information in short time span
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 17, 2016
The company was great to me. I held my internship there and started entering my field as a part time worker there. I wish they had more to do for me.
Pros
One on one experience
Cons
Not enough work
Interesting work , good starting pay , good chance of advancement
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 22, 2013
fast pace , must know how to work well with others , difficult at first , but you get used to the pace , good people to work with for the most part
Pros
good benefits, friendly people, chance to learn use of many types of equiptment
Cons
fast pace
Great Environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 4, 2016
Good company to work for, hours are not ideal, most enjoyable part of job is being able to help clients with mental illnesses
I was hired as a temp by this company for almost a year.I was laid off because the company has financial problems.
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 4, 2015
If you are patient,hardworking and perfect attendance every month the company will extend your contract again and again because you are helping their company make money.I was laid off Friday that month and then comes Monday I was informed the company is already closed because of financial/management problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian. Our community is ready to answer.