The information security engineer plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. This person is a valuable member of the IT team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confers with management, programmers, risk assessment staff, auditors, facilities and security departments, and other personnel to identify and plan for data security for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations.
- Develops, communicates, and implements data and computer security policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, selects, recommends, and coordinates installation of security software, locks, alarm systems, and other security measures.
- Works with external service providers and vendors to identify, select, and implement backup and archiving software, hardware, and processes.
- Develops and implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security.
- Overrides system security or gives authority to override to others.
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security.
- Coordinates, documents, and reports on internal investigations of possible security violations.
- Works with law enforcement and legal representatives in investigations of possible security violations.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements disaster or emergency recovery procedures for information systems and computer environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a 4 year college degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from an accredited college/univeristy and 7 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CISSP, CISM or other recognized Security Certification is preferred. Experience in ITIL a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
MeridianLink is a vibrant software company recognized as a leading technology provider in the financial sector. The founders consistently strive to provide an environment where employees at all levels hold key responsibilities relating to their unique strengths and passions. MeridianLink was ranked a Top Workplace in Orange County by the Orange County Register, and our employees focus on producing quality products as opposed to meeting arbitrary deadlines.
In addition to a competitive salary, MeridianLink also offers:
- Benefits for full-time employees : Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a 401k plan, and Vacation/Sick time
- Relaxed professional work environment
- Fun team-building activities including an in-office Street Fighter arcade game, monthly company lunches, after work sports, semi-annual company events and more!
Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
Located less than 15 minutes from the UC Irvine campus in the heart of Orange County, close to many well-known attractions, including: South Coast Plaza, John Wayne Airport, Newport & Laguna Beach, Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum, and the Disneyland Resort
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law