Meridium, Inc Employee Reviews

My positions with Meridium Inc
Payroll/Accounts Payable Manger (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 3, 2017
Everyday will begin with checking my emails and answering/assisting the needs of my co-workers around the world. I check bank balances, do any transferring of funding. While employed with Meridium, I have had the opportunity to learn how the global industrial works within the U.S. I process the international/foreign payrolls, seven through a three party partner which has afforded me the opportunity of learning labor laws and rules and regulations surrounding payroll. I enjoy my job as each day can be totally different than the other and each week could be different than the prior week, diversity. I currently manage two part-time people to who handle the accounts payable, one with process all expense reimbursements through our Concur system to the Navision accounting system and the other employee processing all invoices (US/foreign), rent payments and payments of all accounts payable. I do the approving of all invoices, any uploads and all payments. The most hardest part of the job would be at times juggling all the different functions to make sure we meet the new financial close deadline of two days. I oversee the credit card program such as the ordering of new cards, cancelling of cards and an issue the employees can't resolve on their own.Each month I begin the foreign payroll around the 14th/15th of the month to ensure all employees are paid on the last working day of the month.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks and retirement funding could be better. Due to the acquisition from GE Digital, my job will terminate on 04/28/2017.
Very purposeful and customer centric company
Director (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 19, 2016
Driven to get value for customers. Very engaged in listening to customers and executing to promises. Focused on listening to employees and very diverse workplace.
Consutling Company
VP Strategic Alliance Director (Former Employee) –  Work from homeSeptember 28, 2015
Meridium is a consulting company that is trying to become a software company. Their consulting bias prevents them from doing the things necessary to succeed as a software company.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not willing to do the things necessary to become a software company
Innovative company providing a wonderful learning experience and friendly working environment
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 17, 2013
Worked as part of the Mechanical Integrity Team and the Thickness Monitoring team developing software to create interfaces for communication and data transfer to and from Meridium's software/databases and various field devices. The devices I personally worked with were supplied by Beamex, Meriam, Olympus, and DOW. They were specifically used for calibration processes and equipment maintenance/management tasks performed on-site at various locations worldwide. My fellow employees were very welcoming and always willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
company events and social outings promoted a fun and friendly working environment
Small, privately owned software company. Seldom communicate with employees.
Consulting (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2012
Small niche software and services vendor. Privately owned by one individual. Management seldom communicates. Training, specially new hire training was very weak. Compensation is below market and benefits are pretty standard.
Pros
large, fortune 100 clients
Cons
weak management, do not regularly communicate with employees, extremely long sales cycles