Merion Matters Employee Reviews

Business has closed
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 25, 2017
I worked for Merion for over 10 years, and unfortunately they have closed their doors.
During my employment there, I grew professionally, and I would continue to work there if not for the business closing.
Not a good place to work anymore
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 10, 2017
I had been working at merion for over 3 years and happy to be gone. And it is the worst now, the downsizing and holding employees paychecks just so that they can pay bills and telling lies about payroll errors.. i have 3 children and a wife and i cant get a paycheck on payday.. i feel more sorry for the staff that works in the warehouse. That staff really see the bottom of the bowl if you know what i mean, they have in the past worked with no heat, no network most of the time and outdated equipment to pick, pack and ship all orders.. scanners for maybe 15 years ago that dont stay connected to a 20 year old server thats always down.. a half tech support team of folks that knows nothing about tech support,
Pros
No pros
Cons
management knows nothing about managing, a gang of chickens running around with their heads cut off, gased up on emails all day.
Productive & Fun environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Very production, educational & fun environment. Co-workers were great. Very flexible. Hardest part of the job was cold calling.
Struggling company lacking direction and ethics
Sales (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 15, 2014
About 15 years ago, Merion was a strong company led by competent managers. Upper level management at Merion did not invest in the company and instead bled it dry. Company still lacks direction and most of the talented players are gone. At one time, Merion had many great products, now they are just scrambling to stay afloat.
Pros
flex time
Cons
Poor management, unethical company
your co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2014
The best part of the job was the people I had the pleasure to work with. Nothing else good to say about this company
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
No direction as a company
Productive team-oriented work environment
Media and Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 24, 2014
Challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to gain experience in many different skill sets. The company culture rewards hard work, and is based on collaboration and teamwork.
Merion Matters-ADVANCE Online
Buyer-Apparel, Accessories, Gift Items & Jewelry (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 2, 2014
This company was a great launchpad for what has developed into a strong career path in the retail industry and business in general. I value the time I spent and the professional relationships I cultivated while there.
This company is horrible
sales (Former Employee) –  king of prussiaMarch 12, 2013
They hire unqualifed managers. Little to no training and has shrunk less than half of the company's size four years ago. It is crumbling
Pros
flex hours
Cons
losing clients, short staffed, no support, managers learn on the job with no training experience
Company went downhill and still sliding!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 2, 2013
A Great place to work 10-15 years ago! Flextime was a real plus as was raises, vacation time, and company growth. WAS is the word. They have been laying off great talent and those that helped create the company for years now trying to keep afloat from a profitable company to one that has poor management and lack of knowledegable higher ups. But none of them are gone! The economy might have had a tad to do with the slow decline and layoffs, but more so poor decisions and micro management. What can you expect from a company whose owner though the Internet was just a fad and they did not need to move forward in that direction!!! Whoops! Scramble! Epic fail!
Pros
used to be raises, flextime, vacation time
Cons
years of layoffs, management, micro management
nice place to work, great people to work with
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 18, 2013
nice place to work, built from out of a basement to a 500 person company. its a tough economy.
Pros
flex time
Cons
economy effects work force.

Want to know more about Merion Matters?

Ask a question
Knowlege is Power at Work
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 20, 2012
A tyically work day consists of ensuring ALL customer order issues are resolved and shipped on time. I have learned that atience is a virtue. In a stressful situation whether it's with a customer or co-worker i am able to diffuse the problem quickly and efficiently. Part of the Management Team of my Customer Service Department requires training sessions in work ethics, solidarity and roblem diffussion. My team has been formed with individuals that do not retain knowledge at a ace that job requires. The hardest part of my job is reiterating job skills and procedures to co-workers who do nt wish to retain this information themselves. The best part of my job is seaking with our loyal customers everyday & making sure i do all i can to ensure their packages are shipped on time.
Pros
customers, business partners, pot lucks
Cons
tuition reimbursement, christmas parties
Projects never get completed because everyone keeps trying to give orders.
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes streamlining emails, negotiating financial information with vendors from cost to shipping, following up on pending orders and acting as liaison between the wholesaler and internal departments such as sales and the art team.
I learned how to negotiate with wholesale ASI vendors, how to use multiple systems, old & new, without training or assistance from either upper management or systems dept. I also feel that I absorbed a great deal of suitable email etiquette.
Management is irrelevant and expressionless at this company, employees are held financially responsible on the duties they perform.
Co-workers are a diverse mix of people that pull together to complete the tasks at hand.
The hardest part of the job is making executive decisions on daily tasks without an upper management to confide with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding sense you get knowing the choices you made are correct.
Pros
40 flex work week
Cons
lack of training and communication
Good first experience, met great people
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 26, 2012
I enjoyed to work here. Management could be better when it comes to communication.
Pros
comp days
Cons
gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merion Matters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7