Merion Matters

Merion Matters Employer Reviews

your co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no direction as a company
The best part of the job was the people I had the pleasure to work with. Nothing else good to say about this company
Productive team-oriented work environment
Media and Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 24, 2014
Challenging and rewarding work environment that allows you to gain experience in many different skill sets. The company culture rewards hard work, and is based on collaboration and teamwork.
Merion Matters-ADVANCE Online
Buyer-Apparel, Accessories, Gift Items & Jewelry (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 2, 2014
This company was a great launchpad for what has developed into a strong career path in the retail industry and business in general. I value the time I spent and the professional relationships I cultivated while there.
This company is horrible
sales (Former Employee), king of prussiaMarch 12, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: losing clients, short staffed, no support, managers learn on the job with no training experience
They hire unqualifed managers. Little to no training and has shrunk less than half of the company's size four years ago. It is crumbling
Company went downhill and still sliding!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: used to be raises, flextime, vacation time
Cons: years of layoffs, management, micro management
A Great place to work 10-15 years ago! Flextime was a real plus as was raises, vacation time, and company growth. WAS is the word. They have been laying off great talent and those that helped create the company for years now trying to keep afloat from a profitable company to one that has poor management and lack of knowledegable higher ups. But none – more... of them are gone! The economy might have had a tad to do with the slow decline and layoffs, but more so poor decisions and micro management. What can you expect from a company whose owner though the Internet was just a fad and they did not need to move forward in that direction!!! Whoops! Scramble! Epic fail! – less

March 14, 2013

There are so terrific people to work with who really are inspiring. However, where is integrity, honesty and morality? Unfortunately, people are lied to in order to get them in and then lay them off when they decide to go in a different direction or make them do another job. No clear direction or real consideration for people and their careers when they make such decisions. No wonder there are issues with this company for the long term.

nice place to work, great people to work with
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: flex time
Cons: economy effects work force.
nice place to work, built from out of a basement to a 500 person company. its a tough economy.
Knowlege is Power at Work
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: customers, business partners, pot lucks
Cons: tuition reimbursement, christmas parties
A tyically work day consists of ensuring ALL customer order issues are resolved and shipped on time. I have learned that atience is a virtue. In a stressful situation whether it's with a customer or co-worker i am able to diffuse the problem quickly and efficiently. Part of the Management Team of my Customer Service Department requires training sessions – more... in work ethics, solidarity and roblem diffussion. My team has been formed with individuals that do not retain knowledge at a ace that job requires. The hardest part of my job is reiterating job skills and procedures to co-workers who do nt wish to retain this information themselves. The best part of my job is seaking with our loyal customers everyday & making sure i do all i can to ensure their packages are shipped on time. – less
Projects never get completed because everyone keeps trying to give orders.
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: 40 flex work week
Cons: lack of training and communication
A typical day at work includes streamlining emails, negotiating financial information with vendors from cost to shipping, following up on pending orders and acting as liaison between the wholesaler and internal departments such as sales and the art team.
I learned how to negotiate with wholesale ASI vendors, how to use multiple systems, old & new, without – more... training or assistance from either upper management or systems dept. I also feel that I absorbed a great deal of suitable email etiquette.
Management is irrelevant and expressionless at this company, employees are held financially responsible on the duties they perform.
Co-workers are a diverse mix of people that pull together to complete the tasks at hand.
The hardest part of the job is making executive decisions on daily tasks without an upper management to confide with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding sense you get knowing the choices you made are correct. – less
Good first experience, met great people
Events Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: comp days
Cons: gossip
I enjoyed to work here. Management could be better when it comes to communication.