Merit Medical Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not recommend at all
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Have no words for what this place has turned into. Quality has gone out the window, if you care about the quality of your work .....do yourself a favor and stay clear of Merit Medical.
This is the last resort
Technical Trainer & Technician (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 18, 2017
The only place we're at the end of your shift, you will see people run as fast as they can as if they can't get out any faster. No one smiles. You get raises maybe once a year if the CEO feels generous. Hrs are demanding, they will not give you a choice as they mandate overtime. No time for school as you will be mentally exhausted by end of shift. You live to work and only sleep when your home. Only people that benefit are engineers or office people. Production workers are literally looked down apon.
Pros
A steady pay check
Cons
High turnover rate speaks for itself. No work life balance.
New management have created a very stressful environment. No job security.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 11, 2017
Don't work here unless you want to be under paid and stress out.

HR department is a joke.

Always changing your work schedule, making your life a living he'll.

They have no regards for your life outside work.

They really don't give a dam about you.

Zero job security.

They layoff workers all the time.
Pros
Zero.
Cons
Horrible managers. They don't care about you.
Productive trouble-free work in a tense workplace.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 3, 2017
The work for a Customer Service Specialist was hassle-free which made the work enjoyable but when it came to needing assistance
the management team was not helpful. I liked being able to help customers when needed to and being able to get my job done. It was difficult when the supervisors or managers were not willing to aid in customer care when needed.
Pros
Flexible with my schedule
Cons
Poor management, negative environment
Unfair
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
they show favoritism and the work is slow.. They don't like to give raises. They lay off people every two months.. Not dependable or understanding. The workers are rude
benefits
Cons
no raises
its not a bad company to work but not the worst either
International Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 10, 2017
first thing in the morning is trying to catch up with all the orders from the previous day, build up pallets and get them read for shipment, and is the same cycle over and over again. the leaders are not but but they don`t do nothing during the day they`re a bunch of lazy people so you will do their work, the meaning of merit medical is "we are saving lives" but it only applies to the carpet people not the warehouse workers because you wont get not even a piece of their bonuses, there is not such a thing as hard part of the job a merit medical just walk around all day long and you`ll make it, the most enjoyable part is the paid holidays
Pros
you will get free food here and there
Cons
benefits sucks
Laid-off.
Electronic/Facilities Maintenance Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 1, 2017
Facility was in Angleton Texas when I 1st started and I got to do what I enjoy doing, buildng and repairing equipment. Position was closed even though they knew they were going to open it up again. But I was laid-off anyway.
Pros
Had two great supervisors/managers.
Cons
Not so good director or plant manager.
Bad enviorment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 27, 2017
The ladies in the line i worked were awful! Made me leaving work crying everyday. I went to HR 3 different times, they never solved the problem. we had ONE meeting with everyone and that made the situation worse. These ladies were ruthless, they had multiple ladies before me quit because of them. Everything else about working here was good.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
The line i was placed
interesting place to work
Extrusion Team Lead / Senior Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
work hard, stead busy, people were sometime rude. heavy lifting, working with kind and interesting people, at times it was very stressful, cross train
Pros
able to cross traing in other departments
Cons
to much family working together
Present employees did not want to train new employees. Managers and/or supervisors did not have control of present employees.
Assembly/Production (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TxJune 8, 2017
Watch your backs at this company. The present employees judged you by the nationally of a person. Would not recommend this company @ all.poor training
Pros
4 days of working 10 hrs days and having 3 day weekend.
Cons
Management. Employees that are in management back pocket. Favors given to certain emplyees.
Very stressful environment.
Research & Design (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2017
Excellent people to work with, and though I've been helped by all those I associated with on a personal level, the management is very poor. Worst management I've ever worked for. It is a very stressful environment and the work - life balance is very poor.
not very good envriomnet to work in
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MAMay 9, 2017
a lot of changes need to be made so the company can move forward
they need more people with skills and experience , the higher management is micromanaging and wasting time
Great place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 27, 2017
Great place to work for great benefits and flexible schedule get a raise within 2 months of working there pto available right away and will definitely work for this company again
A disaster in the making
Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West CoastApril 20, 2017
New Management changes have doomed this company and it is destined to fail with this new clueless management group in place. Participating in a Harvard management training class does NOT qualify as a reason to put "Harvard Graduate" on the VP of Sales' resume.
Pros
Better than being homeless on the streets. But not by much.
Cons
Terrible management; No direction; No plan of action; no future.
Clean Room - No need to get ready
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 18, 2017
Work Monday through Thursday and get a three day weekend.
Four - 12 hr shifts and enjoy a Three day weekend with sometimes optional Friday overtimes available.
Pros
Plenty of breaks given
Cons
Not easy to move up in Company
Very High Stress and fast paced
Senior Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2017
In the Department I work in there is no clear role with good job expectations. I am a Process Engineer and a Project Engineer at the same time with a Manager who does not communicate my role very well.
Pros
Manufacture Medical Devices
Cons
Poor Medical Benefits
I can't complain about Merit Medical and the 19 years I spent there. i was treated great for the most part.
Sr Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan UTFebruary 16, 2017
I learned towards the end of y time there how quickly things can change. After 19 years of hard work and sacrafice on your part one day they just don't need you anymore that is the only thing I didnt like.
Pros
great location Nice Campus, very well maintained grounds
Cons
long hours expected.
I was a good experience working there
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
At Merit Medical Systems Great place to work at Utah, Professional and fun at the same time. Engagement and focused teams.
Hardest part of job was outside USA due cultural topics
Schedule
Production Operator I (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 31, 2016
Working 4 10 hr shifts is nice with a 3 day weekend is perfect. The hours are not so good, but overall the company is good. The pay is reasonable, advancement opportunities are not so good. It seems like you can't move up very quickly.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
No advancement
Enjoyed working for Merit
Production Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Great place to work, Enjoyed fellow employees. Supervisor was awesome to work for. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The work tempo really picked up and production couldn't meet sales forecast or demands.
Pros
Supervisor treated us like family
Cons
Production not meeting scheduled dates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merit Medical Systems Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9