MERIT MEDICAL Employee Reviews

Company moving
Employee (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 26, 2016
Malvern, Pa facility is currently moving to Mexico. They left hundreds of people without a job, and I am sure they wont stop with this facility. I wouldn't recommend working with this company in any facility since they are moving things to Mexico. I would not recommend buying anything from them either.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Moving to Mexico
was okay to work for till I realized it didn't matter how hard i worked it was never gonna be good enough
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXJune 4, 2016
Never stopped from the moment I got there till I left. Some coworkers are lazy and want you to do their job and yours too. Management comes around and treats people like you are beneath them and all you are is a worker.
Pros
management had parties for employees, good hours
Cons
management sucks from HR on down they only care about the people in the offices, no pay raises, you work like a slave and never get credit for it, to much drama, and bosses have favorites
Overall merit is a good company
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 27, 2016
I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends looking for employment because of the way the supervisors treat the employees

We could come in and get started right away
Sometimes we would have to wait for material
Pros
Very clean, like restrooms and halls etc.
Cons
Management isn't great at listening to employees
Not worth the pay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 17, 2016
Fun place to work but definitely not worth the pay. Seems like minimum wage for the amount of work performed. Do not compensate for the work that is completed
Good Environment, Great People
Asministrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MalvernSeptember 12, 2016
The best part of working for Merit are those you work with. Always work available, and things to improve. Many projects, and a great place to learn.
Just okay workplace
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 13, 2016
I would have enjoyed working there much more if management was more into employee relationships other than trying to correct us when ever the opportunity came along. Management was not at all what I had expected for such a renowned company and they were more interested in building "themselves" up other than making our work environment a more employee friendly place to work.
Pros
Very nice building both inside and out which I very much enjoyed.
Cons
Management does not know what they are doing, and care only for themselves, they have no employee relationship skills what so ever.
Very unstable
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 16, 2016
I would not recommend Merit Medical as an employer as most of the company productions will be moving to Mexico within the next two years.
Fun outgoing job
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 11, 2016
When you work here you learn new thing everyday. The co-worker all out going and easy to work with. And the hardest part of the job is setting up the machine.
Product and departments are good and fair
Tec 1 (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 2, 2016
only have one wish . They would show they like there employees by giving raises and or bonus. The department was fun and we did more than one subject. now it is not just labeling international . We did lots of rework for rebox/relabel. Threw out the company. Sometimes the custermer changed there mind. They want more or less in qty. so we fix it the way they wanted. We do a lot of Epwo to change what the custermer wants. We also work in IQA they reject incoming parts. If the boxes are damaged or they are not double baged. We then go in there and fix it with a NCMR. We also get RGA's . Product comes back from the customer. Not what they wanted. They send it back we rebox relabel. Put back into inventory so we can send it to someone else. If it has a complaint the product not working, or foreign object inside package. The RGA department will investigate then scrap. When I first started at merit they had a large warehouse full of returns. I was given that job to clean it up. Some expired, some was good to keep. I printed a work order, printed new labels. Rebox and put into inventory. Save the company a lot of money.
Pros
Good jobs
Cons
Not many raises or bonus. And they don't care about seniority .
I loved working for Merit Medical. I retired from Merit.
Head of Marker Band Division (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXMarch 19, 2016
Merit hires many diverse people. Most employees were goal oriented, making it a pleasure to work there.
I worked well within the guidelines of employment for Merit Medical.
Since I have a strong sense of responsibility, it was easy for me to be at work on time, to stay at work as long as necessary, and produce as much product as was required.
Pros
Paid vacation, sick leave and overtime.
Cons
mandatory overtime

Want to know more about MERIT MEDICAL?

Ask a question
A great place to work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 9, 2016
I work with smart, inventive, respectful people. My work is always challenging, but not overwhelming. Every day when I'm leaving to go home, I feel like I've done my best and I know that I'm appreciated.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding work, supportive people, culture of respect, beautiful campus.
Cons
none that I can think of
productive
Operator IV (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2016
a typical day at work normally is a little boring, we have a routine. but I like work on this job because I can learn something new maybe no every day, my supervisor is good she is a nice person she make me feel like she is one of us.
Pros
45 minutes every last pay of month
Cons
healthcare
growing company with new medical devices
data entry (Current Employee) –  Chester, VADecember 19, 2015
good company to work for. in this facility there is no career advancement and lack of training..

you learn a lot about medical terminology, instruments in the operation room and how this one is used for certain procedure inside the human body. co-worker are friendly.
Pros
free lunches, holidays
Cons
minimum career advancement
Productive and fun place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 8, 2016
I liked this job because I learn to use different machinery/equipment. Also, performed a variety of medical assembly & processing
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Long shifts
U/v Bond and assembler
Asembler (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 9, 2015
You began your day by putting on a outfit designed to keep any human hair from falling in the product of the clean room. After that, you walk into the clean room which was your work area. Then you grab these charts that are laid in a box. These charts hand an item number of which product that had to be done. Then you grab the pieces and you assemble them.
Pros
15 minute breaks every 2 hours for 12 hours
Cons
Mind numbing
I love to be working in a such a company with great benefits.
Operator (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 26, 2014
Every day a start my day with a best attitude and sense of Team work. i love to learn about how important is respect others and sharing culture for others countries.

The hardest part of work is schedules so early (starting (4:40 am).

Days with high production under stress is a goal to avoid minimum errors, it do not bother me.

I enjoy sharing with my co-workers to be helpful.

The most important is: Our production save lives. Work for People.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
early schedule
Nepotism is favoritism granted in politics or business regardless of MERIT
Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 14, 2013
Merit can be a good place to work provided you get into the right department. Work is generally busy and most co-workers are pleasant to work with.
Down side is the nepotism there and the benefits which are great if your young and healthy.
Work for the most part will give you a good work/life balance for the most part.
Don't worry about a raise they will happen at least once every four years.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Benifits, Nepotism
This is how i felt one day
Production Operator Worker II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2012
A typical day at work will be a day with a lot of co-workers in the lunch room with the manager in his office and the work area so slow and awkward.

Well, you come to the conclusion that everyone needs a brake from every machine that needs assistance and good workmenship.

We all need to work in a team with a little bet of proper behavior and less supervision.

At a certain point you feel like you need all your co-workers friends around you.

The hardest part of the job will be to slow down and to listen to one another comments.

The most enjoyable part is a day with no noise and less remarks from the manager.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no promotion
Great working hours,room for growth in company.
Extrusion Braider Operator (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Stayed busy and learned how important every task is at work no matter how small it is.Learned how to work following procedures.Management worked with you and tried their best to help in any way they could.Co-workers were a joy to work with, many different personalities.The work comes easy as it goes, the hardest part was learning the very first time if you come in inexperienced.Meeting new people and learning something new is the most enjoyable part.
Cons
healthcare poor
Interesting Work, But Ludicrous Hierarchy
Executive Assistant & Research Aid (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 17, 2013
This is a strange company, when you look at the facade they present and how they function internally.
I was not there for long and thank goodness--the management, if they aren't sexually harassing you, are demeaning you in a very Devil-Wears-Prada way (one manager even demanded she have her own restroom so she did not have to share with us commoners). They assign you projects in areas you have not been trained on and are shocked when you do not exceed their expectations. If their training actually existed, employees may be more successful and happy. Healthcare package leaves much to be desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERIT MEDICAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9