MERIT MEDICAL

MERIT MEDICAL United States Employee Reviews

Not that hard .
Assembler (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 26, 2015
The coworkers cry about everything. The job was easy to learn. 10 hours days. The most enjoyable part of job was you could move up in company.
cashier, customer service, packer
Package Handler (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: get my own lunch
Cons: short break
i work as a production and cashier and customer service ,... i like all the jobs i don cause i learn more experience .... i work five days a week but some time i work late and work on Saturday .. i also work as a rework
competitve work environment
Material Handler Floorperson (Former Employee), Chester, VAFebruary 3, 2015
My typical day of work consisted of order selecting lifting up to 75lbs I learned while working at merit to work in a team environment helping co workers I enjoyed all aspects of the job
Expect the unexpected
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), Utah, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free parking, on-site cafeteria
Cons: pay, empty bonus promises
Typical day spent in team meetings, research, forecast, & sales support.
As a marketer, responsibilities include upstream and Downstream marketing efforts, which it is a big plus.
One of the challenges with the job is with sales support. Many of the tasks are requests for information which are readily available to the sales staff. This is disreptive and not an efficient use of company resources.
The biggest challenge is with regards to meetings with executive staff, in which the stated topic is not discussed and you may be quizzed on totally unrelated items.
The co-workwers in the department are pleasant to work with and generally willing to help.
There is a history of bonus programs not being honored, even though goals are met. Many employees who have been there for years just say they don't expect them, even when they are presented.
good place to work pretty competitive
Receiving Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTDecember 9, 2014
Faced many challenges great chance to learn many skills. Great people to work with. Management was great at first but started trailing off the last couple of years. Hardest part about the job was the undecided direction of change coming from management but the people you worked with made it easier to deal with.
A "Me Too" company backed with Mormon rules
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2014
Not a good company. A "me too" company trying to compete with the big dogs. Mediocre products, sell on price!! Management looks after themselves and do not support their sales team! All are butt kissers and brown nosers!!
GOOD LUCK
Molding Technician (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch at thanksgiving, clean restrooms
Cons: all they care about is production . ceo spends all the profits on buying new businesses, not employees hard work.
Only way to get a raise is to change jobs. No management back up. Co workers great. Good place to learn a new language other than english.
On the go
Coordinator (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: active/outgoing
Cons: no a/c in trucks
I enjoyed working here. It was a great place to work. Route sales is a busy place of business. You need to be very active and outgoing for this type of job.
An efficient company with good people
Logistics Clerk II (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good people, job knowledge
Cons: hours. pay. benefits.
Merit Medical is a very fast paced environment and has high expectation for its employees. My day starts at 4 AM where I start to put product away into our inventory. I look up to see what products are on priorities to make sure those go in first. I respond to emails regarding retorts, products, and miscellaneous questions. I've learned a few computer programs. I've learned the ins and outs of a warehouse. I work with great co-workers that work as a team. I would say the hardest part of the job would be waking up at 3 AM, and the management. I get along great with management, but I don't agree with the way they run things. Suggestions are always disregarded, problems are always ignored, and company moral is never cared about. The most enjoyable parts about the job would be the people I work with, the fast pace consistency of staying busy, and the feeling of how productive I am each day.
Great Environment
Production (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: cafeteria.. definitely loved the cafeteria
Cons: nothing
This place was a great place to work for. The co workers were always friendly and the managers made you feel comfortable to always be able to go to them when you needed a hand with a project that you were on.
I love to be working in a such a company with great benefits.
Operator (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTApril 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: early schedule
Every day a start my day with a best attitude and sense of Team work. i love to learn about how important is respect others and sharing culture for others countries.

The hardest part of work is schedules so early (starting (4:40 am).

Days with high production under stress is a goal to avoid minimum errors, it do not bother me.

I enjoy sharing with my co-workers to be helpful.

The most important is: Our production save lives. Work for People.
productive and fast paced
Q auditor assembler lead for medical device (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTApril 10, 2014
Pros: we worked as a team.
Cons: our shift got shut down
i learned alot about medical products. and how they work on patients.
cashier
Production Worker (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTApril 1, 2014
Pros: fun high school job
Cons: less then minimum wage
worked in the front of the store with customers, sometimes restocked to cigarette cabinets.
good job
Assembler II (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 26, 2014
i liked working for this company because i got to learn alot.
Fun clean work place
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 12, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch, 10 hr shifts.
Cons: don't have any.
Assembled medical supplies, worked on the line & also in packaging. A lot of employees & work. It was nice getting to know our staff while working.
It would have been better if there was better support from superiors.
Coil Bander Specialist (Former Employee), Jordan, UTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: 4 ten hour days
Cons: could't speek spanish
Unless you know Spanish...you have a hard time getting or keeping your job. It was most enjoyable when people could sit down together and work on problems, (personal and company), and help others to feel better about themselves.
I'd like to move forward on a place where I can achieve more knolegde about machining.
machinist, programer, setups (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: job security, clean enviroment.
Cons: not good benefits, taling away benefits we used to have.
Merit is a good place to wor., but I feel I got stuck, I've reached my peak, and there is no opportunity to move up.
Nepotism is favoritism granted in politics or business regardless of MERIT
Engineer (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTOctober 14, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: benifits, nepotism
Merit can be a good place to work provided you get into the right department. Work is generally busy and most co-workers are pleasant to work with.
Down side is the nepotism there and the benefits which are great if your young and healthy.
Work for the most part will give you a good work/life balance for the most part.
Don't worry about a raise they will happen at least once every four years.
Interesting Work, But Ludicrous Hierarchy
Executive Assistant & Research Aid (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 17, 2013
This is a strange company, when you look at the facade they present and how they function internally.
I was not there for long and thank goodness--the management, if they aren't sexually harassing you, are demeaning you in a very Devil-Wears-Prada way (one manager even demanded she have her own restroom so she did not have to share with us commoners). They assign you projects in areas you have not been trained on and are shocked when you do not exceed their expectations. If their training actually existed, employees may be more successful and happy. Healthcare package leaves much to be desired.
NA
Assembler (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMay 30, 2013
Build medical devices
How devices work to help people
co-workers were great