MERIT MEDICAL Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I worked for this company for many years. I started from the bottom and worked my butt of to a better position,Better pay. After working there nearly 10years out of nowhere "company downsizing" cover up for they can get someone in there with less knowledge but it's OK, because they also don't have to pay them much. This company let over 100 people go. People who've been there through the tough times and still were proud merit employees. And the just spit us out. Shameless.
Pros
Worked with some great people, made lifelong friends
Cons
Poor management.
good job and hours are great
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 5, 2017
a good job and and schedule has 4 10's working and good benefits people are nice friendly at times and it's a production job you will like the hours..
Pros
good work schedule easy job
Cons
not much advancement doesnt pay that much
interesting group of people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 27, 2017
There were a diverse group of women with different background and ages. Provided fun activities to get workers engaged. Good hours to work. It was easy to catch on to the work flow.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
To many women
opportunity to gain new expierence on job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 26, 2017
great company, benefits, very challenging in production to achive daily goals, overall employee are very friendly there .growing opportunity to move into any departments for career :)
Pros
meet new friends, great benefits
Cons
working hours, takes time to move into any job departments
Busy
Manufacturing Engineer Tech II (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 18, 2017
Worked on several projects throughout my 24 years with the company. The management in the department I worked in were fair, and supportive. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
No raises, No bonus'
Professional and Friendly Work Environment
QUALITY ASSURANCE AUDITOR II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 15, 2017
I enjoy working for Merit Medical, but I feel restricted with showing my full potential. There is little room for growth and I want to show more of my assets to a company that will value them. Although I have learned a lot of new skills and have gained more knowledge about the field, I want to contribute to a new company while also advancing in my career.
Pros
Breaks, benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Low salary, little privacy
Productive Work Place with a delicious Cafe
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 26, 2017
- A typical day at work always has some form of task or another to complete. Products are built for doctors and hospitals to save lives.
- I have learned of the unique variety of products needed and the different ways to build at least a few of them.
- Mariela Pacheco is a neat lady, but very strict.
- Merit can be lively and somewhat clickish. There are dozens of different departments and opportunities... or so one would hope.
- I struggle with the speed necessary for the job. I cannot build as quickly as others and it is frustrating and discouraging. I am often complimented on my attention to detail and desire for quality, however.
- The most enjoyable part of my job? A job completed with no Non Conformance issues, in a timely manner and with little or no scrap. Mostly, feeling like I accomplished something.
Pros
Delicious cafeteria food; fast paced environment, beautiful campus, opportunity to help doctors and communities.
Cons
Very low pay in comparison to similar businesses, new positions are already gone by the time they are posted, "moving up" feels impossible lately, tensions with clickish individuals on line.
steady place to work
Inventory Control Clerk\ Closeout clerk (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 25, 2017
wages were not that great but they did have good benefits and paid holidays. they had steady work shifts for most of the departments and always had work available.
Hi
Productions Operator III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
The company has a lot of changes. Great benefits but the hours don't help if you have small children in school. There is no cafeteria for breaks. They lay off people without notice.
Would not recommend
Senior Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Division going through a major restructuring and management change due to poor management over the prior years. New management not well versed in Leans Sigma/DMAIC tactics to troubleshoot processes. Too much fire fighting.
This was a plant that developed technology (extrusion processes) over 15 years ago with little process or equipment improvements. Though there were a lot of opportunities for improvement, there was more focus on cost savings and cutting back than on state of the art technology. There were a lot of weaknesses in their documentation and process capabilities which made for a less than optimum situation.
I worked with a good team of engineers that were trying hard to get their heads above water.
Pros
not many perks
Cons
healthcare plan was poor
Merit Medicatl is a good place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 22, 2017
Rotate on every two basis on production line making housings for medical supplies. I learned to do UV bonding and work with adverse people from all over the world. The Hardest part was when you have injuries to your arm or shoulder it was hard to do repetitive motions all day. I enjoyed working with different people.
Pros
Knowing what you will be doing on a daily basis.
Cons
Having insurance with a very high deductible.
fast-paced, fun productive enviornment
Productions Line Operator II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2017
* assembled syringes; over 30,000 a day
* how to make different sizes of syringes, and learning the machines
* the managers were amazing and friendly
* hardest part of the job was waking up at 2 in the morning to get ready for the 12 hr day
* the most enjoyable part of working was meeting new people and getting a different experience
Good company to "climb the ladder"
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 17, 2017
Good, hardworking people who want to learn and grow. A place with some great supervisors.
The majority of people realize we spend more time with each other than we do with our families and act accordingly.
The best part of this job is having a good supervisor who brings all members of the team together into a cohesive group without (for the most part) any divisiveness.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion, on-site doctor office and nutritionist, nice cafeteria
Cons
High-deductible healthcare plan
Not people oriented. Too many chiefs.
Drafter/Documentation (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I was allowed to work without much direction.
I learned a lot about Oracle & how to watch my back.
I enjoyed working with the people.
Pros
Self directed work environment
Cons
Not people oriented
Nice place to work at.
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A good day at work was to get schedule for the day and start to work and be prepare for any last minute HOT orders at the end of the day. I learned many things from building a catheter from nothing to a full functional device. I applied my skills in learning the process to operate different types of equipment and I was very happy to have the opportunity to learn such skills. The hardest part of the day is when you get a hot order at the last couple of hours of work and feel helpless at that moment not being able to complete due to other factors that are out of your control. The best feeling is being able to finish all the schedule on time and get a good pat on the back and a job well done. The most enjoyable part of my day at my job was that everyone in the group worked hand in hand with each other.
Pros
very limited break times and lunches
Cons
Very helpful when it came to personal things
I enjoyed the positions that I held
Assistant Lead Sub/UV assembly lines (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoyed the assembler and material handler positions. Life balance was difficult to maintain as there was always mandatory OT alternating from 16 hours of OT one week and 8 hours the next for over a year. There was also documented workplace hostility/bullying that never seemed to get addressed by supervisors or HR. Turn over was incredible.
merit
molder (Former Employee) –  malvernJanuary 18, 2017
Work was not hard , just long 12 hour shifts and lots of standing. you hand to dress up in lab coats, goggles plus a hair net as well. washing your hands was very important.
Pros
evry other weekend off
Not worth the pay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 17, 2016
Fun place to work but definitely not worth the pay. Seems like minimum wage for the amount of work performed. Do not compensate for the work that is completed
Product and departments are good and fair
Tec 1 (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 2, 2016
only have one wish . They would show they like there employees by giving raises and or bonus. The department was fun and we did more than one subject. now it is not just labeling international . We did lots of rework for rebox/relabel. Threw out the company. Sometimes the custermer changed there mind. They want more or less in qty. so we fix it the way they wanted. We do a lot of Epwo to change what the custermer wants. We also work in IQA they reject incoming parts. If the boxes are damaged or they are not double baged. We then go in there and fix it with a NCMR. We also get RGA's . Product comes back from the customer. Not what they wanted. They send it back we rebox relabel. Put back into inventory so we can send it to someone else. If it has a complaint the product not working, or foreign object inside package. The RGA department will investigate then scrap. When I first started at merit they had a large warehouse full of returns. I was given that job to clean it up. Some expired, some was good to keep. I printed a work order, printed new labels. Rebox and put into inventory. Save the company a lot of money.
Pros
Good jobs
Cons
Not many raises or bonus. And they don't care about seniority .
Company moving
Employee (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 26, 2016
Malvern, Pa facility is currently moving to Mexico. They left hundreds of people without a job, and I am sure they wont stop with this facility. I wouldn't recommend working with this company in any facility since they are moving things to Mexico. I would not recommend buying anything from them either.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Moving to Mexico