Meritage Homes Corporation Employee Reviews

Waaaaay overworked!!! Stay Away!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
You are hired and sent to Arizona for a week of training. When you return, you train with a sales associate who doesn't teach you much and then you are on your own. You are placed in a community with a partner that you have to take turns with for each customer that comes through the door. Managers have no backbone and are extremely poor communicators who will not get involved with customer discrepancies or intervene with employee conflict. They prefer the sales associates do all of the grunt work and only act like they're there to help but only end up screwing matters up worse. There is absolutely NO respect for your days off and you have ZERO life work balance when they preach of their core values being to "Start with heart" It is the furthest thing from it. As a sales associate you are also expected to attend realtor events and company meetings away from your model which takes time away from you actually having opportunities to sale and wasting a lot of gas in your personal vehicle.The bottom line is that you are very replaceable and numbers are all that matters. When you actually do sale a home, you will not get paid on it until seven months from the contract and then all of that commission goes to your draw. So, really ...you work your butt off for base pay.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
You name it. Constant e-mails ...Constant
Terrible Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
At Meritage Homes you are an expendable, temporary tool that they use to reach their means. It has one of the highest turnover rates of any homebuilder I've ever seen. I could go into details that could fill up an entire book but my best advice is to just stay away from this meat grinder.
Pros
Cons
Awful place to work.
Not great!
assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2017
I worked for this company for four years. While I enjoyed the department head, the people hired underneath her were horrific. I cannot begin to explain how horrible the environment was - constantly worrying about the little things and not getting the big picture. I witnessed quality, talented, employees leave (or laid off) because of the mid-level managers treatment. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Made friends, enjoyed working with divisions
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, lack of ability to value talent
Corporate Office has many great people and teams.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2016
Work environment is great and lots of great people on the corporate staff. Company is growing and is experiencing some growing pains from going from a smaller company to a larger corporation. Major overhaul of executive staff has impacted the corporate culture and direction, hopefully for the better, results to be seen.
Escrow Officer
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2016
I have worked in this field for almost 17 years and you hear of horror stories of the back stabbing and just nasty people there are in this field. Well...this company "Carefree Title" has them, as it goes if you are not part of the "in crowd" which if that was in the "in crowd" I was more than happy to be on the outside. Everyone wanted to be the boss and not one of them could form a complete sentence without curse words being used. Everything got told back to the manager her office was a revolving door of employee's trying to get the other one in trouble, but to add to that the Manager was total gutter trash and so where her cronies. So if you like upper management telling you to keep your mouth shut or you would be let go or treated like a less than, this is definitely the place for you!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Direct Management and Co Workers
Terrible company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 4, 2016
No one in mangement cares about employees only the numbers and their bonuses. No life balence. No one in office knows what's going on or how to make things better. Takes forever for them to get homes started and completed. No consistancy. They lost all great enployees.
Pros
Cons
Bad health care, poor management, tons of turn over
Horrible Company Culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 16, 2015
So much potential in this company but the only goal is making money. Very inconsistent in process and procedure when it comes to managing people. No review process, no internal job posting process, no feedback process, so nobody knows where they stand and how long they will be standing.

I am not a disgruntled employee personalizing my statements. I had a front row seat to the dysfunction of this organization. For 30 years this company has been in business and still can't get any traction with a positive company culture. There are a lot of good people in this organization but they either leave or get fired for no reason other than "its not working out."
Pros
Strong financials.
Cons
No company culture other than churn, earn, and burn!
Awesome work environment
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
Everyday I learned something new about how the home buying process worked, specifically regarding interior and exterior selections. I helped maintain the workplace with familiarized me with selections, entered paperwork, and sat in on appointments.
no upper management help or direction
CS (Former Employee) –  caJune 30, 2015
this is a poor ran customer service organization. no leadership and no guidance, they just threw me in at set up for failure. Other than working with a good super on site this was a frustrating experience..
Pros
great super and homeowners..somewhat
Cons
everything management
Great team to be a part of
Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2013
Best builder I have ever worked for. They want everyone to succeed. Number one builder in AZ.
very terrible company to work for
clerk (Former Employee) –  houston txOctober 18, 2013
very messy company to work for. The Houston office is a huge mess no direction no training they just hire people that have no experience they lie to you and never tell you whats coming your way. Dont work for them they are a huge mess and too much gossip and back stabbing by management. Also they lie to you in the beginning and then later they stab you in the back they show too much favoritism.
Excellent company
Employee (Current Employee) –  CAMay 30, 2012
This is the best place I have ever worked; I would highly recommend Meritage Homes to anyone looking for a long-term career where they can grow and learn and become better.
Pros
each day is a joy to come to work
Cons
none!
Love my job and the people I work with
Talent Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 22, 2012
The entreprenurial environment that exists nationally within each division is something I have the pleasure of engaging and interactiving with daily.

There are a couple of key traits that are consistent within the teams:
1. Ethical practices
2. Professional drive and competition
3. Knowledgeable/intelligent leadership/teams

I continue to feel challenged and engaged working with Meritage Homes. To say I like what I do would be an understatement... I love what I do and it shows.
Pros
collaborative efforts on the team
Best place I've worked!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2012
Meritage homes is incredibly proactive and blazing the path of innovation with their E3 Extreme Energy Efficiency. Meritage is great at separating itself and creating it's own niche and giving a competitive advantage. Combine that with great leadership which is buying lots of A+ land locations and you have a very successful combination for job security and income potential. The company culture and interdepartmental support system is right where you want it and need it for success. I highly recommend Meritage to anyone looking for a long term career.
Pros
culture, job security, leadership, innovation, income potential
Challenging and rewarding
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2012
Working at Meritage Homes is challenging and rewarding. The diversity of job requirements provides a stimulating atmosphere where knowledge, skills, and abilities are used and strengthened. Management of field employees provide guidlines and goal setting with expectation that employee be a self starter and motivated to complete assignments. The best thing about working at Meritage Homes is the interactions with customers and satisfaction of a job well done.
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2012
Overall this company is a great place to work. The Compensation and benefits are good. The people are great to work with. There can be some difficulty with security in times of economic downturn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meritage Homes Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Meritage Homes Corporation Reviews by Location