Meritage Homes Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Company Culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 16, 2015
So much potential in this company but the only goal is making money. Very inconsistent in process and procedure when it comes to managing people. No review process, no internal job posting process, no feedback process, so nobody knows where they stand and how long they will be standing.

I am not a disgruntled employee personalizing my statements. I had a front row seat to the dysfunction of this organization. For 30 years this company has been in business and still can't get any traction with a positive company culture. There are a lot of good people in this organization but they either leave or get fired for no reason other than "its not working out."
Pros
Strong financials.
Cons
No company culture other than churn, earn, and burn!
Terrible company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 4, 2016
No one in mangement cares about employees only the numbers and their bonuses. No life balence. No one in office knows what's going on or how to make things better. Takes forever for them to get homes started and completed. No consistancy. They lost all great enployees.
Pros
Cons
Bad health care, poor management, tons of turn over
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2012
Overall this company is a great place to work. The Compensation and benefits are good. The people are great to work with. There can be some difficulty with security in times of economic downturn.
Awesome work environment
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 24, 2015
Everyday I learned something new about how the home buying process worked, specifically regarding interior and exterior selections. I helped maintain the workplace with familiarized me with selections, entered paperwork, and sat in on appointments.
Best place I've worked!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2012
Meritage homes is incredibly proactive and blazing the path of innovation with their E3 Extreme Energy Efficiency. Meritage is great at separating itself and creating it's own niche and giving a competitive advantage. Combine that with great leadership which is buying lots of A+ land locations and you have a very successful combination for job security and income potential. The company culture and interdepartmental support system is right where you want it and need it for success. I highly recommend Meritage to anyone looking for a long term career.
Pros
culture, job security, leadership, innovation, income potential
Challenging and rewarding
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2012
Working at Meritage Homes is challenging and rewarding. The diversity of job requirements provides a stimulating atmosphere where knowledge, skills, and abilities are used and strengthened. Management of field employees provide guidlines and goal setting with expectation that employee be a self starter and motivated to complete assignments. The best thing about working at Meritage Homes is the interactions with customers and satisfaction of a job well done.
very terrible company to work for
clerk (Former Employee) –  houston txOctober 18, 2013
very messy company to work for. The Houston office is a huge mess no direction no training they just hire people that have no experience they lie to you and never tell you whats coming your way. Dont work for them they are a huge mess and too much gossip and back stabbing by management. Also they lie to you in the beginning and then later they stab you in the back they show too much favoritism.
Love my job and the people I work with
Talent Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 22, 2012
The entreprenurial environment that exists nationally within each division is something I have the pleasure of engaging and interactiving with daily.

There are a couple of key traits that are consistent within the teams:
1. Ethical practices
2. Professional drive and competition
3. Knowledgeable/intelligent leadership/teams

I continue to feel challenged and engaged working with Meritage Homes. To say I like what I do would be an understatement... I love what I do and it shows.
Pros
collaborative efforts on the team
Excellent company
Employee (Current Employee) –  CAMay 30, 2012
This is the best place I have ever worked; I would highly recommend Meritage Homes to anyone looking for a long-term career where they can grow and learn and become better.
Pros
each day is a joy to come to work
Cons
none!
Great team to be a part of
Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2013
Best builder I have ever worked for. They want everyone to succeed. Number one builder in AZ.

Meritage Homes Corporation Reviews by Job Title