Meritage Homes Employee Reviews in United States

High Turnover in all Departments; Earn, Burn and Churn
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2016
Terrible place to work. Poor management ethics. No follow through with Employment Guidelines, Systems and Procedures. Annual reviews are a joke if they happen at all. No exit interviews. False promises made often and a fear factor for speaking out is prevalent. Cronyism and incompetency at management levels is rampant. "Personal" relationships on the job influenced staffing decisions.
Corporate Human Resources needs to get more involved with employees in the field so they can report accurately to corporate management and shareholders as to what is really going on at the division level.
Very friendly group to work with
SR. Construction Mngr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
There management was weak, the orientation to company policies and procedures was only fair, but any support to the field was poor.
the material takeoffs were very poor and shortages common . they would never be corrected even when the field would send in the corrections.
Pros
Treated field to group lunches
A really good company to work for.
New Home Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 6, 2016
A really good company to work for. They have a very good management team. The homes they build are super energy efficient and impressively designed. They have an easy system that allows for efficient sales contracts. They have an awesome marketing team and mortgage company.
Great people! Subcontractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, can't maintain a schedule.
Construcion Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
Sub-contractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, the job is ready and the schedule is accurate, unable to maintain a schedule if contractors don't show up.
Great Environment
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2016
Meritage had a great environment with after work activities that helped grow the sense of community within. I would likely return should the offer arise.
Exciting and Challenging work environment
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Not enough time in a day to walk all homes. Current job site requires 3 Construction Managers, only 2 on site at the time. Over 40 homes in production at all times.
Pros
Close to home, nice people to work with
Cons
job is 24/ 7. Constant text, phone calls, and emails from clients
unorganized chaos
Starts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Managers play favorites and do not appreciate employees that actually do quality work. In order to move up in this company it is about who you know not what you know. They make is seem like it will be a fun company to work for but once you are in it is a whole different story, they expect miracles with little to no instruction.
Pros
Cons
no recognition where it is deserved
New Home Sales
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2015
I wonderful friend and former colleage of mine just started working as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Meritage Homes. At the time the real estate market was just beginning to go down. My friend wanted to put together a "dream team" to go strong and sell these homes inspite of the economic decline. I was asked to come on board and I was placed in a very high end community. My community was brand new, only the model and 4 other floor plans were under construction. The first month I was working out of a trailer. I really enjoyed Meritage Homes. They had a great reputation and fantastic floor plans. It was very easy for me to stand behind the product. Three months in my husband received a job offer to work for Volvo North America in Greensboro, NC. We started to put things in action to move right away. Meritage Homes were very excited and happy for my family.
Pros
Cons
Economic decline
For the most part a very enjoyable work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2015
Worked hard and helped out when necessary and where needed.
Still keep in contact with people that I worked with.
This was my first full time job since moving to the USA, so it was quite a learning curve in respect of how things were done here as opposed to England.
Hardest part of the job was when management changed - went from a family owned business to a larger national company, and also this was at the start of the housing crash.
Pros
Good people to work with, was kept busy
Cons
Housing crash and impending lay-offs.
Fun workplace, great pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 26, 2015
It was a fun workplace however they can improve managerial skills. It is a place where you can grow and I enjoyed working for Meritage Homes.
Pros
Great pay when closing on a home
Cons
Need better managers

Want to know more about Meritage Homes?

Ask a question
Great place to work always upbeat and compassionate!
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Meritage Homes was a great place to work they always believed in what I could do as any employee and I had the freedom to do it. My boss's were great as well, never any put downs only great reviews personally, and always honesty. I could always be honest with them and vise versa. Great place!
Pros
they have incentives they encourage you to do your best! and then reward you for it!
Cons
maybe the healthcare could have been better, and 401 investment
Great Company, Bad Economy
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 11, 2014
Being the brand new division of multi-family development in N Cal. was fun and challenging at the same time. We had the opportunity to take existing procedures in place in So Cal. and adjust them to work more efficiently for us. Once the housing market turned they closed our division and laid off my boss. To prevent the same fate for me, they transferred me; same position working for my previous VP's equal in single-family construction. Unfortunately that only delayed my layoff.
Pros
fun corporate environment
Cons
company's inabiliy to survive the downfall of the economy
Good place to work. Co-workers were wonderful to work with
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocklin and VacavilleSeptember 19, 2013
As a community sales manager I would explain about our company the community and the features of our homes. I would demonstrate models and home sites and pre-qualify prospective buyers. I wrote contracts and followed through from dirt through construction until the close of escrow and after. I really enjoy working with people and finding them their perfect home. Management changed monthly. The co-workers were wonderful.
Pros
working with people.
Cons
changing of management
Very friendly work environment
Warranty Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2012
Every one has been very patient and understanding that I am not familar with the sytem and daily activites. I could go to just about anyone and ask for information and they would gladly help me. I enjoy working with people and helping people with their new homes. The hardest part was not knowing how to answer a question or who to foward the question to.
Pros
friendly, hour lunch, helpful
Cons
little to no feedback on work
Productive and positive environment for all employees
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 5, 2013
Meritage Homes is a Home-Builder Company. It is a very good employer in such a way that employees are well provided and company is generous and office atmosphere is positive. Due to economic downturn especially in the home-building sector, most employees are laid-off her in the Concord/Bay Area.
Pros
free lunch when the company has lots of home sales.
Cons
i can't think of any cons.
this company has no core values.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  orlando,flJuly 13, 2012
My review if this company is that, where the position itself is well paying, the title of construction manager in this company is not well defined,upper management again tells the tale of the business and generates clicks among managers and causes this industry to be a cut throat business,it is sad what once a set out position has been grossly destroyed by meritage homes.
Good Learning Experience
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 7, 2015
This company experienced a lot of Management transition, during my time there. This was in the beginning of the economy downturn, and I was part of a 53 person Reduction in force (RIF).
Pros
good transition
Cons
too far from home
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 6, 2015
Company is now relocated in Sacramento as far as I know. The Concord office was a great place to work with very fair and good people in Management.
A great place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2012
Great place to work prior to the housing crash when mass layoffs had to be done.I was given many great opportunities when they were available.The upper construction management at meritage is the best in the homebuilding industry.I cant wait for proffitable homebuilding to return. MO
Meritage Top Notch!!!
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaMay 15, 2012
I worked for Meritage sales over 7 years until I was laid off in late 2008. After working for other companies, I can tell you that my experience was fantastic! This is a very well run company!

Meritage values their employees.
Pros
compensation, training, management style, sales support