Meritage Homes Employee Reviews

Great Learning enviorment
Network Administrator / Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 15, 2017
I was given a number of responsibilities at Meritage I advanced pretty quickly from working on the service desk to starting my own project that involved PC and Network equipment configuration and installation
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
none really
great place to work. cares for its employees
Construction Manager III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 29, 2017
never micromanaged. if you are a self starter who can work toward a common goal with others, you will do well. outside the box thinking is encouraged. here is your goal, here are your tools, now get it done type of environment.
Pros
entrepreneurial attitude encouraged
Good Job
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
Really great coworkers. Good job, just was not a good fit for my life at the time. I think a different time or another person would fit right in to the culture.
No Review
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 17, 2017
Lower your pay every year. They are not a well managed company in the bay area. Morale is low in most departments, but not all.
The pay for the job is not in line of what they promise when they hire you.
Great Guys terrible Lumber
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 14, 2017
Worked with a great bunch of guys on the sub division I was on. We had a lot of fun at work. We used the worst lumber I have ever been associated with. it made our jobs impossible to do and turn out a great product.
Pros
Cons
Worst lumber I have ever seen.
Meritage builds a good home
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2017
The management needs to be trained before trying to train employees.
The job is very interesting and with proper training it is challenging and rewarding.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Over-promise and Under-deliver
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 5, 2017
No consideration is given to the balance between work and life. The work is piled on until failure is immanent and then the employee is berated for poor performance. The compensation is not sufficient to overcome not having a life outside of the workplace.
same as before
Account Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for Meritage when I started 2004. Lots of great people and management team. Everyone worked as a team at the time which helps......
Innovative Approach
VP Finance - Phoenix Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
The company has young management at key positions, however the CEO is well seasoned and drives the company with his entrepreneurial spirit and his guidance on keying into the segment that is support by regional markets.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
This is a home builder company, the employee and management are an amazing group all around. The president of the company so family oriented understands everyone's situation flexible place, I enjoyed all there free breakfast, lunches, trips, gatherings all there volunteer work they help in whatever they can.
Great upbeat work atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with accounts payable 100+ entries a day as well as I re-organized their filing system. The staff was wonderful and pleasing.
Pros
work hours desired
Great job
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
Overall management of construction of single family homes from the company standards to the customers and co workers I would recommend the company to all interested
Exceptional work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
I loved my job. I loved the people I worked with. It was an excellent support group and employees thrived on seeing others excel. The job was challenging but fulfilling. One of the best places I've ever worked.
good job
Construction manager, customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2016
Meritage Homes
Construction manager, customer care representative may 1st 2014- February 10th 2015. Started at $40,000 a year ended at $47,000 a year.
Use programs such as build pro and hyphen.
Schedule trades and reach budget goals and closing dates.
Solve problems and figure out the root cause of issues on build site.
Meet with home owners and make sure everything is explained to them and at the standards they have asked.
Meet and walk through homes with city inspectors and go over mistakes and get everything to code and solved in a timely manner.
As a customer care representative i had to meet home owners in different communities and discuss the warranty claim and evaluate the issue and get it solved accordingly.
Culture of Fear
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
This company is a growing division with some positives and some negatives. primarily their management is based around fear and job security. Motivation and drive from management streams from the upper management pressuring them to pressure the sales teams.
Pros
Finacial compensation is good enough to overlook negatives
Cons
No room for grow within the division.
Great people! Subcontractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, can't maintain a schedule.
Construcion Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
Sub-contractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, the job is ready and the schedule is accurate, unable to maintain a schedule if contractors don't show up.
Great Environment
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2016
Meritage had a great environment with after work activities that helped grow the sense of community within. I would likely return should the offer arise.
Very friendly group to work with
SR. Construction Mngr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
There management was weak, the orientation to company policies and procedures was only fair, but any support to the field was poor.
the material takeoffs were very poor and shortages common . they would never be corrected even when the field would send in the corrections.
Pros
Treated field to group lunches
A really good company to work for.
New Home Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 6, 2016
A really good company to work for. They have a very good management team. The homes they build are super energy efficient and impressively designed. They have an easy system that allows for efficient sales contracts. They have an awesome marketing team and mortgage company.
High Turnover in all Departments; Earn, Burn and Churn
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2016
Terrible place to work. Poor management ethics. No follow through with Employment Guidelines, Systems and Procedures. Annual reviews are a joke if they happen at all. No exit interviews. False promises made often and a fear factor for speaking out is prevalent. Cronyism and incompetency at management levels is rampant. "Personal" relationships on the job influenced staffing decisions.
Corporate Human Resources needs to get more involved with employees in the field so they can report accurately to corporate management and shareholders as to what is really going on at the division level.