Meritage Homes Employee Reviews

Over-promise and Under-deliver
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 5, 2017
No consideration is given to the balance between work and life. The work is piled on until failure is immanent and then the employee is berated for poor performance. The compensation is not sufficient to overcome not having a life outside of the workplace.
same as before
Account Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for Meritage when I started 2004. Lots of great people and management team. Everyone worked as a team at the time which helps......
Innovative Approach
VP Finance - Phoenix Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2017
The company has young management at key positions, however the CEO is well seasoned and drives the company with his entrepreneurial spirit and his guidance on keying into the segment that is support by regional markets.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
This is a home builder company, the employee and management are an amazing group all around. The president of the company so family oriented understands everyone's situation flexible place, I enjoyed all there free breakfast, lunches, trips, gatherings all there volunteer work they help in whatever they can.
Great upbeat work atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with accounts payable 100+ entries a day as well as I re-organized their filing system. The staff was wonderful and pleasing.
Pros
work hours desired
Great job
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
Overall management of construction of single family homes from the company standards to the customers and co workers I would recommend the company to all interested
Exceptional work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
I loved my job. I loved the people I worked with. It was an excellent support group and employees thrived on seeing others excel. The job was challenging but fulfilling. One of the best places I've ever worked.
good job
Construction manager, customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2016
Meritage Homes
Construction manager, customer care representative may 1st 2014- February 10th 2015. Started at $40,000 a year ended at $47,000 a year.
Use programs such as build pro and hyphen.
Schedule trades and reach budget goals and closing dates.
Solve problems and figure out the root cause of issues on build site.
Meet with home owners and make sure everything is explained to them and at the standards they have asked.
Meet and walk through homes with city inspectors and go over mistakes and get everything to code and solved in a timely manner.
As a customer care representative i had to meet home owners in different communities and discuss the warranty claim and evaluate the issue and get it solved accordingly.
Culture of Fear
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
This company is a growing division with some positives and some negatives. primarily their management is based around fear and job security. Motivation and drive from management streams from the upper management pressuring them to pressure the sales teams.
Pros
Finacial compensation is good enough to overlook negatives
Cons
No room for grow within the division.
Great people! Subcontractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, can't maintain a schedule.
Construcion Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2016
Sub-contractors are allowed to show up when they feel like it, the job is ready and the schedule is accurate, unable to maintain a schedule if contractors don't show up.
Great Environment
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2016
Meritage had a great environment with after work activities that helped grow the sense of community within. I would likely return should the offer arise.
Very friendly group to work with
SR. Construction Mngr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
There management was weak, the orientation to company policies and procedures was only fair, but any support to the field was poor.
the material takeoffs were very poor and shortages common . they would never be corrected even when the field would send in the corrections.
Pros
Treated field to group lunches
A really good company to work for.
New Home Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 6, 2016
A really good company to work for. They have a very good management team. The homes they build are super energy efficient and impressively designed. They have an easy system that allows for efficient sales contracts. They have an awesome marketing team and mortgage company.
High Turnover in all Departments; Earn, Burn and Churn
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2016
Terrible place to work. Poor management ethics. No follow through with Employment Guidelines, Systems and Procedures. Annual reviews are a joke if they happen at all. No exit interviews. False promises made often and a fear factor for speaking out is prevalent. Cronyism and incompetency at management levels is rampant. "Personal" relationships on the job influenced staffing decisions.
Corporate Human Resources needs to get more involved with employees in the field so they can report accurately to corporate management and shareholders as to what is really going on at the division level.
Exciting and Challenging work environment
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Not enough time in a day to walk all homes. Current job site requires 3 Construction Managers, only 2 on site at the time. Over 40 homes in production at all times.
Pros
Close to home, nice people to work with
Cons
job is 24/ 7. Constant text, phone calls, and emails from clients
unorganized chaos
Starts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Managers play favorites and do not appreciate employees that actually do quality work. In order to move up in this company it is about who you know not what you know. They make is seem like it will be a fun company to work for but once you are in it is a whole different story, they expect miracles with little to no instruction.
Pros
Cons
no recognition where it is deserved
Fun workplace, great pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 26, 2015
It was a fun workplace however they can improve managerial skills. It is a place where you can grow and I enjoyed working for Meritage Homes.
Pros
Great pay when closing on a home
Cons
Need better managers
New Home Sales
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2015
I wonderful friend and former colleage of mine just started working as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Meritage Homes. At the time the real estate market was just beginning to go down. My friend wanted to put together a "dream team" to go strong and sell these homes inspite of the economic decline. I was asked to come on board and I was placed in a very high end community. My community was brand new, only the model and 4 other floor plans were under construction. The first month I was working out of a trailer. I really enjoyed Meritage Homes. They had a great reputation and fantastic floor plans. It was very easy for me to stand behind the product. Three months in my husband received a job offer to work for Volvo North America in Greensboro, NC. We started to put things in action to move right away. Meritage Homes were very excited and happy for my family.
Pros
Cons
Economic decline
For the most part a very enjoyable work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2015
Worked hard and helped out when necessary and where needed.
Still keep in contact with people that I worked with.
This was my first full time job since moving to the USA, so it was quite a learning curve in respect of how things were done here as opposed to England.
Hardest part of the job was when management changed - went from a family owned business to a larger national company, and also this was at the start of the housing crash.
Pros
Good people to work with, was kept busy
Cons
Housing crash and impending lay-offs.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 6, 2015
Company is now relocated in Sacramento as far as I know. The Concord office was a great place to work with very fair and good people in Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meritage Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval