Meritage Homes

Meritage Homes Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 6, 2015
Company is now relocated in Sacramento as far as I know. The Concord office was a great place to work with very fair and good people in Management.
Good company - Questionalble management decisions
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great home designs and leading in the "green" technology of homebuilding
Cons: BAD HR support, poor construction managers, poor decisions made
I enjoyed the work I performed with this company until my supervisor was promoted. The VP of construction is oblivious to address issues with customer service and he was the one to take over the process. Laid off another service associate which had all the responsibilities dumped on me at the time when the workload was set to increase dramatically. No attention was given to the workload increase, which meant that I had to work extended hours daily just to keep my homeowners needs in check. Eventually the stress of working the hours and asking for help wore thin. I reached out to HR who appeared to support the need on the surface, but I was unaware of the friendship between her and the VP - this turned out to be a VERY BAD MOVE on my part. After a month, I was being written up for performance ~ even though I was doing more than the work of two people at this point. A week prior to being dismissed, I had a candid conversation with my supervisor who said he was happy with my performance and that he was not hearing any complaints from my homeowners. A week later I was let go due to "performance". Political games are very strong in this company - and seeing that they allow some to be counseled time after time and remain in position and/or lying directly to the homeowners and receiving promotions ~ it is obvious that you will need to be friends with the right people more than proven results and true concerns with homeowners. If you want to work here - make friends higher up early and don't express your concerns for your homeowners or anything that might indicate a problem with their processes - you may be outcast and forced out.
Good Learning Experience
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good transition
Cons: too far from home
This company experienced a lot of Management transition, during my time there. This was in the beginning of the economy downturn, and I was part of a 53 person Reduction in force (RIF).
Great place to work always upbeat and compassionate!
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: they have incentives they encourage you to do your best! and then reward you for it!
Cons: maybe the healthcare could have been better, and 401 investment
Meritage Homes was a great place to work they always believed in what I could do as any employee and I had the freedom to do it. My boss's were great as well, never any put downs only great reviews personally, and always honesty. I could always be honest with them and vise versa. Great place!
Great Company, Bad Economy
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: fun corporate environment
Cons: company's inabiliy to survive the downfall of the economy
Being the brand new division of multi-family development in N Cal. was fun and challenging at the same time. We had the opportunity to take existing procedures in place in So Cal. and adjust them to work more efficiently for us. Once the housing market turned they closed our division and laid off my boss. To prevent the same fate for me, they transferred me; same position working for my previous VP's equal in single-family construction. Unfortunately that only delayed my layoff.
Great family oriented company
Internship (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2014
I was an intern for this company and did many things from Mail room and data entry to receptionist. They found my strong suits and really worked with me well.
xx
Construction Manager (Former Employee), xxSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fast company advancement
Cons: disconnect between field and office and sales, unorganized management
Good company to begin a career and get your feet wet in construction. Area managers and CM's are open to teaching and showing you the ropes.

If you work hard, you will get noticed and you will get promoted. Big plus!!!

Management is unorganized. Meetings were held often and ALWAYS about the same issues. Very repetitive and progress as a company was very difficult.

Field, sales and office were never on the same page and were often enemies. Everyone out to get their own... NO TEAMWORK whatsoever.
Fast pace, but fun to work for.
Assistant Construction Management (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: little free time
Meritage Homes is a great company that values it''s employees.
Productive enviroment with results driven culture
HRIS Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaFebruary 18, 2014
Productive enviroment with results driven culture. Friendly coworkers.
Great Builder to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2013
This was as a small company when I started out as Hammonds Homes, then it combined with Legacy and became Meritage.
The atmosphere changed once the 2 builders merged, however it is a great company to work for
Good place to work. Co-workers were wonderful to work with
Community Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rocklin and VacavilleSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: working with people.
Cons: changing of management
As a community sales manager I would explain about our company the community and the features of our homes. I would demonstrate models and home sites and pre-qualify prospective buyers. I wrote contracts and followed through from dirt through construction until the close of escrow and after. I really enjoy working with people and finding them their perfect home. Management changed monthly. The co-workers were wonderful.
Management doesn't listen to employees input
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and a great product
Cons: poor culture and job security
There is a huge turnover in sales associates. They aren't interested in helping you succeed, they would rather just hire someone new to replace you.
Awesome!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: awesome!
Cons: didn't provide the assistant with healthcare.
I loved working at Meritage Homes.

My boss and the builders came to be my closes friends.

I enjoyed helping family pick out the homes.

Thanks!
Productive and positive environment for all employees
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch when the company has lots of home sales.
Cons: i can't think of any cons.
Meritage Homes is a Home-Builder Company. It is a very good employer in such a way that employees are well provided and company is generous and office atmosphere is positive. Due to economic downturn especially in the home-building sector, most employees are laid-off her in the Concord/Bay Area.
Sound company
Administrative Assistant/Junior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXMarch 26, 2013
I learned a lot about the mortgage process. I enjoyed watching homes go up from start to finish. It was a happy time, most of the time, for the people building their houses. The hardest part was the weekend work away from my family.
What you learned
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
How to be a great salesperson, and to bring a winning attitude to the job everyday.
Unscrupulous company, Beware... RUN FOREST RUN!
Sales California (Former Employee), CoronaDecember 24, 2012
Pros: none that i can think of that outweighs all the hurt this company causes
Cons: deceitful, selfish higher management, making lives of employees miserable
You'll be asked to do many things that are not ethical or honest. Customer does NOT come first with this company. You will be working on your days off, you will be working overtime without compensation . Who really benefits at this company? Only the high paid, money grubbing vultures at the top of the feeding chain of this organization. Only a handful of favored, long time employees, with ties to company execs (hmmm how do they find favor?) receive perks and decent pay checks. If you can stomach schmoozing up to dishonest characters for a pay check, you found your slice of heaven! The rest of the "honest" workers... forget it! Dying on the vine, with sadness in their faces. Ever work at a company where most people grimace, work in fear, are afraid and look miserable? Welcome to Meritage! Company thrives on fear management. You will NOT be reimbursed for your expenses. If you ask questions about any number of odd looking things or practices, and you look for honest answers, you will be ushered out the door by the HR department, after they call you "negative." The company does NOT follow it's own code of ethics, and uses it's code of ethics only for the sake of appearances. Code of ethics is used to sucker unsuspecting and honest people, to reporting problems. However, if you report anything, you get canned. Try to get help, say a peep about what really goes on, and you will be targeted for termination. The real work at all local divisions is run by teams of women, who work in cubicles that resemble a sweat shop. It is so sad to see how offices are set up, and how this company – more... still adheres to a culture of treating women as "less than" men. They are severely underpaid and over worked. Construction managers are likewise, over worked and underpaid. They are exhausted all the time, and likewise, are just afraid to speak the truth. They build and manage construction for multiple communities, they have little support, they work after hours from their computers logging in company updates, they are expected to build homes in short build times, then after homes close escrow, they also work as the "lone rangers" for customer service / warranty work. That's right... there is NO customer service for home warranties! Imagine building a bunch of homes at multiple communities, working over time and not getting paid, driving from location to location, not receiving reimbursement for your car... yep... that's Meritage. Ask to be reimbursed, and you'll be targeted as a trouble maker. Then, you'll be fired. Company does not care about state to state licensing laws, and uses people out of their Arizona office, to field all calls to an 877 number, from incoming potential buyers from many states. These telephone sales reps refer the unsuspecting buyers to the in house lender, etc.. Hey... I thought you need a license in many states to talk about homes to a prospective buyer? Obviously, this company is making up it's own rules, as it goes, it doesn't care about laws, and it's a very scary place to work, if you have a license to protect. Do NOT trust anyone if you decide to work at this company. Back stabbers and self promoters, many with tight ties to high up company execs, will cut your throat and throw you under the bus. They will act warm and fuzzy to your face, but they receive benefits for being tattle tales. Listen... I cannot say anything good about Meritage. If you are wise, if you have a heart, if you care about people, and cannot tolerate abuse of other human beings... my best advice... RUN FOREST RUN! – less
Very friendly work environment
Warranty Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: friendly, hour lunch, helpful
Cons: little to no feedback on work
Every one has been very patient and understanding that I am not familar with the sytem and daily activites. I could go to just about anyone and ask for information and they would gladly help me. I enjoy working with people and helping people with their new homes. The hardest part was not knowing how to answer a question or who to foward the question to.
Excellent Compnay to work for. Well managed, great compensation and benefits.
Sales Consultant/ Community Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2012
One of the top National homebuilders to work for. I have had my own greatest achievemnts in experience, compensation, professionalism and advancement.
this company has no core values.
Construction Manager (Former Employee), orlando,flJuly 13, 2012
My review if this company is that, where the position itself is well paying, the title of construction manager in this company is not well defined,upper management again tells the tale of the business and generates clicks among managers and causes this industry to be a cut throat business,it is sad what once a set out position has been grossly destroyed by meritage homes.

About Meritage Homes

Meritage Homes sees merit in building houses in high-growth areas of the western and southern US. The company typically constructs – Read more

Meritage Homes Salaries