Meriter Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Executive Assistant / Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 4, 2016
They have a sincere caring for there employees, and show it. Not every manager/employee is this way, but overall this was a great company to work for. I chose to leave for a position that I thought would be better, and it turned out to be a huge mistake.
histololgy
this not good (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2016
the manager is peace ship and the coworker hatd to work with them they don't help yiou I don't recommend this hospital ,what they do they hired you and before three month the fire you , do go there even the fat transcription they do their job hard ,they are peace ship .all of them
Pros
no good
Cons
no good
Meriter internship
Administrative Internship - Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with the Administrative Staff. Meriter was able to give me an over-all view of the jobs that are available in the administrative area. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun assisting various departments.
Enjoyable experience.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working in a fast paced and friendly environment caring for critically ill patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was working together as a team with my co-workers and friends. I enjoyed the variety of the patient population and learned many new skills as a result of this position.

While I was sad to leave this position, the most difficult part of my job was working with one co-worker in particular who was less than attentive to detail and created an undesirable work environment when we were scheduled together.
Unfortunately the management was quite difficult to get along with.
Health Information Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2015
Again, I absolutely loved my job and what I did, but when there were questions to be asked, there was normally nobody around to answer them. Plus, the management staff had favorites, with really affected others' performance sadly.
Pros
Love what I did
Cons
Management and lack of an open-door policy
Fun and friendly work place, nurses were really willing to help, I learnt alot about client approach .
Nursing Assistant Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsiAugust 12, 2015
I was exposed to a lot of healthcare services which enabled me to interact and provide appropriate care to the patients. I was able to improve communication skills and more important learnt body languages.
Pros
Free beverages and snacks
Cons
Short breaks.
Great place to advance your career
Health Unit Coordinator/Documentation Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2015
Great place to work. Must establish your own sense of self in order to be successful. Plenty of advancement opportunities.
Good job for the right person
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 18, 2015
Can't say anything negative about my time at Meriter. Hospital setting just wasn't for me. Pay, benefits, and manager were all good!
Quick view of Meriter
Digestive Health Center-Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Madision, WIMay 3, 2015
On a typical day at Meriter the unit as a whole would do anywhere from 25-40 procedures a day and each room did a total of 11 to 13 depending on the doctors assigned there for the day. I learned time management communication skills and how to work under pressure well and how to handle conflict with employees. Management seems to under staffed is some areas, My particular unit we went from a nurse manager and assistant manager just to an assistant doing the work of both. It was very hard to get time with her on most days due to meetings an other management obligations. Management above her was rarely seen unless bad news was being presented to us a group or a single person. Almost all my co-workers were great to work with. I felt as if it was a second family. They were there for you at work and if needed outside work too. The hardest part of the job was when we as team were not able to save a patient even when we did everything possible and the most enjoyable part was just being able to work with the patients daily, to be there fro then=m and support them through a procedure most do not look forward too.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 7, 2015
Meriter actually seemed to care greatly for each and every employee. This was an excellent place to work. The people are incredible.
Uncertain future
Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Management is weak--just merged with an out of state organization. Not sure what their plans are but things are not looking good. However, previous CEO was nto very good and most were happy to see him leave.
Quality healthcare
Medical Imaging Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison,WIDecember 16, 2014
Staff are dedicated, hard-working, and caring. Good salary. Excellent benefits. Helping people is very rewarding for all staff.
Great work environment
Network Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 2, 2014
I left the company to pursue a full time opportunity. Great work environment and great people.
Excellent community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 17, 2014
Excellent community hospital. At the time, union environment. Great Nurses and allied professionals.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
union negotiations with management created a distrusting environment.
Classic example of being overworked and underpaid
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 11, 2014
On a typical work day, you are extremely busy, overworked, understaffed, hungry, while management is nowhere to be found, as they lack all knowledge pertinent to the department they are supposedly running.

Job descriptions are out of date and frequently do not reflect the actual amount of work you are responsible for.

Coworkers are generally supportive of one another until they're not.

The Human Resources department is uneducated, lacks proper training, communication, and listening skills, appears oblivious to many federal and state laws, and generally does not care about the best interest of the majority of employees.

Insurance is OK but has some very high copayments and deductibles.
Pros
competitive pay (in some departments), friendly coworkers for the most part, inexpensive, yet delicious cafeteria food
Cons
high turnover rate, untrained workers, management is disconnected, human resources department is an ineffective joke
Fast Paced workplace that required attention to detail.
Cardiology Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2014
As an ECG Technician at Meriter Hospital I was responsible for aquirinug ECG's in a timely manner. I also administered stress tests, applied holter and event monitors, and filled out and filed the appropriate paperwork for each procedure.

I then transitioned into the data specialist position. I gained a lot of valuable skills related to Epic software, and the Cardiovascular Picture Archiving Communication System (CPACS). I reviewed, verified, and corrected procedure information and prepared it for submission to the National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR). I would often have to make multiple revisions to the data to ensure it was accurate and complete, while doing so in a timely manner so all data was submitted by the deadline.

It was fast paced position, but a relaxed work environment.
Overall decent place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2014
My coworkers at this job are the most enjoyable part. i really work with some nice people and I have valued that. I really enjoyed the facility we have been in at for 9-10 years. We have moved to a new facility recently and we have new procedures which are supposed to be patient friendly and "lean", but the space is inadequate and therefore not "lean". It is small, inefficient, cold, loud, non private for patients and working conditions are less friendly to me. The management is over all pleasant. Cutbacks have reduced education and other benefits.
Very satisfing experience. Great staff and doctors.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 27, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. New experiences daily. Patients keep your mind active . I have a group of patients 3-5 with 1 nursing assistant. Lots of team work to get patients ready for tests, surgery and therapy. Occasional meetings and inservices. Lots of teaching happening with patients and families.Very busy all shift with time going fast. You need to be organized. I am supportive of my teammates and them of me. I love working with patients and a diversified staff. The hardest part of my job is finding the time to do my very best. Management is always supportive and allows you to blossum and try new things . They encourage classes and make time for you to attend.
Pros
lots of support, inservices pertinent to your practice. teamwork. varied patient group. always learning.
Cons
not enough time to teach and support families.
Great place to work and go to school
Tutor (Former Employee) –  WIApril 21, 2014
Loved Edgewood. Great place to work and learn at the same time.
Extremely positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (LTE) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day in my role with Meriter Hospital's Care Coordination Department consisted of checking for any staff call-ins or schedule changes, so that the team as a whole could be updated for coverage. Emails were sent as well as a hard copy sent to the immmediate staff.

Then there was the daily monitoring of referrals, and changes made to patients status, which was further communicated via phone, fax, email, MIDAS and EPIC systems.

Along with this were other clerical duties to support the Nurse Case Managers, Social Workers, and other staff as needed.
Pros
this team was very willing to share any knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meriter Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2