Meriter Health Services

Meriter Health Services Employer Reviews

Very satisfing experience. Great staff and doctors.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 27, 2014
Pros: lots of support, inservices pertinent to your practice. teamwork. varied patient group. always learning.
Cons: not enough time to teach and support families.
A typical day at work is never the same. New experiences daily. Patients keep your mind active . I have a group of patients 3-5 with 1 nursing assistant. Lots of team work to get patients ready for tests, surgery and therapy. Occasional meetings and inservices. Lots of teaching happening with patients and families.Very busy all shift with time going – more... fast. You need to be organized. I am supportive of my teammates and them of me. I love working with patients and a diversified staff. The hardest part of my job is finding the time to do my very best. Management is always supportive and allows you to blossum and try new things . They encourage classes and make time for you to attend. – less
Great place to work and go to school
Tutor (Former Employee), WIApril 21, 2014
Loved Edgewood. Great place to work and learn at the same time.
Extremely positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (LTE) (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: this team was very willing to share any knowledge.
A typical day in my role with Meriter Hospital's Care Coordination Department consisted of checking for any staff call-ins or schedule changes, so that the team as a whole could be updated for coverage. Emails were sent as well as a hard copy sent to the immmediate staff.

Then there was the daily monitoring of referrals, and changes made to patients – more... status, which was further communicated via phone, fax, email, MIDAS and EPIC systems.

Along with this were other clerical duties to support the Nurse Case Managers, Social Workers, and other staff as needed. – less
Excellent place to work
Cardiac Monitor Tech/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good people, good management, decent pay, good benefits, good working culture
Cons: hospitals never close, meaning someone always has to work. :)
Great work environment, where people feel appreciated. Management is very good, and listens. Pay is competitive. Benefits are good. Overall, the best work place in Madison, in my opinion.
Excellent culture, working with exceptional people who I appreciate, and felt appreciated by. :)
Everyday was a hard working day,
Coding Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 9, 2013
Pros: the pros of working at meriter are the friends that i made.
Cons: the cons would be how management has changed to take a less personable interest in their employees
I have seen many changes in the workplace in the past 34 years and have had to roll with the punches. So I am used to being a hard worker. I am now looking for a volunteer position where the work is important but not putting in so many hours.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 28, 2013
Great coworkers. I loved the patients. Sitting at my desk at times was to long.
Volunteered at Meriter's ED
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2013
I showed up for about 2 hours a week at Meriter's ED and transported patients around the hospital. Staff was friendly, but as a volunteer you really only spent time with other volunteers.
Extremely Friendly, Close Knit Atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 1, 2013
Smaller hospital with an extremely friendly and close knit atmosphere. You learn everyone's name in different departments. Doctors and nursing staff get along well, learn about each others' families and treat each other with respect. Very different from bigger hospitals for which I have worked. Pay is higher.
Great place to work.
Lab Courier (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2013
Meriter has great benefits. My co-workers made a good team and I enjoyed the daily interaction with customers and staff.
Great benefits, mediocre management
Current worker (Current Employee), MadisonDecember 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: uneven management
Meriter, like a lot of larger business, has a dual nature - decent pay and excellent benefits, and most of the workers are great.

But management is all over the place. Some managers are great, others are incompetent, short sighted, and have no trouble throwing workers under the bus to save their own butts.

Plus, as with many hospitals, nurses tend – more... to rule the roost, with the best pay and benefits. So, while I can't discourage anyone from working there, do take the time during your interviews (there will be at least 4), to scope out your coworkers and supervisors. – less
Challenging, yet rewarding
Pharmacist's Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 31, 2012
Every day is something different - different patients, different duties. Mainly I was in charge of compiling med recs (medication reconciliations) for newly admitted patients through the hospitals. The job would be anywhere from easy to challenging, based on the patient's age; memory; length of med list; etc. I would say it's rewarding because it is – more... me who compiles these med lists and have to make sure they are right, because what I enter is what will be ordered for the patient as an inpatient - and it it isn't absolutely correct, with doses; frequencies; etc.. it could be critical. I feel like I hold so much responsibility, and have so many people counting on accurate lists - mainly doctors! – less
Good experience as a public figure
Security Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 26, 2012
This job really tested my skills with people. I did not feel like there were advancements available in the department.
Difficult work but loved it
Staff RN (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 8, 2012
Very challenging work but loved nearly every minute of it. Managment was often out of touch with what their nurses were actually doing for their patients, however, which was often frustrating.
Got me interested in the medical field and especially in Medical Transcription
Medical Department Secretary (Former Employee), Adolescent Partial Hospitalization ProgramMay 23, 2012
Management was wonderful here, they were very engaged. Working with the inpatient and outpatient Psychiatric Units was a wonderful experience.
Great place to be
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 16, 2012
Pros: great benefits, flexability, multipule departments.
Being at Meriter is being part of a family. The people are great and are always ready to help no matter who or what.

About Meriter Health Services

Meriter Health Services is a dynamic health system, comprised of a hospital, medical group and insurance company, dedicated to – Read more