Meriter Health Services

Meriter Health Services Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 7, 2015
Meriter actually seemed to care greatly for each and every employee. This was an excellent place to work. The people are incredible.
Uncertain future
Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Management is weak--just merged with an out of state organization. Not sure what their plans are but things are not looking good. However, previous CEO was nto very good and most were happy to see him leave.
Quality healthcare
Medical Imaging Information Systems Manager (Former Employee), Madison,WIDecember 16, 2014
Staff are dedicated, hard-working, and caring. Good salary. Excellent benefits. Helping people is very rewarding for all staff.
Great work environment
Network Operator (Former Employee), Madison, WIDecember 2, 2014
I left the company to pursue a full time opportunity. Great work environment and great people.
Excellent community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 17, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: union negotiations with management created a distrusting environment.
Excellent community hospital. At the time, union environment. Great Nurses and allied professionals.
Classic example of being overworked and underpaid
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 11, 2014
Pros: competitive pay (in some departments), friendly coworkers for the most part, inexpensive, yet delicious cafeteria food
Cons: high turnover rate, untrained workers, management is disconnected, human resources department is an ineffective joke
On a typical work day, you are extremely busy, overworked, understaffed, hungry, while management is nowhere to be found, as they lack all knowledge pertinent to the department they are supposedly running.

Job descriptions are out of date and frequently do not reflect the actual amount of work you are responsible for.

Coworkers are generally supportive of one another until they're not.

The Human Resources department is uneducated, lacks proper training, communication, and listening skills, appears oblivious to many federal and state laws, and generally does not care about the best interest of the majority of employees.

Insurance is OK but has some very high copayments and deductibles.
Fast Paced workplace that required attention to detail.
Cardiology Data Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 3, 2014
As an ECG Technician at Meriter Hospital I was responsible for aquirinug ECG's in a timely manner. I also administered stress tests, applied holter and event monitors, and filled out and filed the appropriate paperwork for each procedure.

I then transitioned into the data specialist position. I gained a lot of valuable skills related to Epic software, and the Cardiovascular Picture Archiving Communication System (CPACS). I reviewed, verified, and corrected procedure information and prepared it for submission to the National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR). I would often have to make multiple revisions to the data to ensure it was accurate and complete, while doing so in a timely manner so all data was submitted by the deadline.

It was fast paced position, but a relaxed work environment.
Overall decent place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 17, 2014
My coworkers at this job are the most enjoyable part. i really work with some nice people and I have valued that. I really enjoyed the facility we have been in at for 9-10 years. We have moved to a new facility recently and we have new procedures which are supposed to be patient friendly and "lean", but the space is inadequate and therefore not "lean". It is small, inefficient, cold, loud, non private for patients and working conditions are less friendly to me. The management is over all pleasant. Cutbacks have reduced education and other benefits.
Very satisfing experience. Great staff and doctors.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 27, 2014
Pros: lots of support, inservices pertinent to your practice. teamwork. varied patient group. always learning.
Cons: not enough time to teach and support families.
A typical day at work is never the same. New experiences daily. Patients keep your mind active . I have a group of patients 3-5 with 1 nursing assistant. Lots of team work to get patients ready for tests, surgery and therapy. Occasional meetings and inservices. Lots of teaching happening with patients and families.Very busy all shift with time going fast. You need to be organized. I am supportive of my teammates and them of me. I love working with patients and a diversified staff. The hardest part of my job is finding the time to do my very best. Management is always supportive and allows you to blossum and try new things . They encourage classes and make time for you to attend.
Great place to work and go to school
Tutor (Former Employee), WIApril 21, 2014
Loved Edgewood. Great place to work and learn at the same time.
Extremely positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (LTE) (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: this team was very willing to share any knowledge.
A typical day in my role with Meriter Hospital's Care Coordination Department consisted of checking for any staff call-ins or schedule changes, so that the team as a whole could be updated for coverage. Emails were sent as well as a hard copy sent to the immmediate staff.

Then there was the daily monitoring of referrals, and changes made to patients status, which was further communicated via phone, fax, email, MIDAS and EPIC systems.

Along with this were other clerical duties to support the Nurse Case Managers, Social Workers, and other staff as needed.
Excellent place to work
Cardiac Monitor Tech/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good people, good management, decent pay, good benefits, good working culture
Cons: hospitals never close, meaning someone always has to work. :)
Great work environment, where people feel appreciated. Management is very good, and listens. Pay is competitive. Benefits are good. Overall, the best work place in Madison, in my opinion.
Excellent culture, working with exceptional people who I appreciate, and felt appreciated by. :)
Everyday was a hard working day,
Coding Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 9, 2013
Pros: the pros of working at meriter are the friends that i made.
Cons: the cons would be how management has changed to take a less personable interest in their employees
I have seen many changes in the workplace in the past 34 years and have had to roll with the punches. So I am used to being a hard worker. I am now looking for a volunteer position where the work is important but not putting in so many hours.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 28, 2013
Great coworkers. I loved the patients. Sitting at my desk at times was to long.
Volunteered at Meriter's ED
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 17, 2013
I showed up for about 2 hours a week at Meriter's ED and transported patients around the hospital. Staff was friendly, but as a volunteer you really only spent time with other volunteers.
Extremely Friendly, Close Knit Atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 1, 2013
Smaller hospital with an extremely friendly and close knit atmosphere. You learn everyone's name in different departments. Doctors and nursing staff get along well, learn about each others' families and treat each other with respect. Very different from bigger hospitals for which I have worked. Pay is higher.
Great place to work.
Lab Courier (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 12, 2013
Meriter has great benefits. My co-workers made a good team and I enjoyed the daily interaction with customers and staff.
Great benefits, mediocre management
Current worker (Current Employee), MadisonDecember 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: uneven management
Meriter, like a lot of larger business, has a dual nature - decent pay and excellent benefits, and most of the workers are great.

But management is all over the place. Some managers are great, others are incompetent, short sighted, and have no trouble throwing workers under the bus to save their own butts.

Plus, as with many hospitals, nurses tend to rule the roost, with the best pay and benefits. So, while I can't discourage anyone from working there, do take the time during your interviews (there will be at least 4), to scope out your coworkers and supervisors.
Challenging, yet rewarding
Pharmacist's Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 31, 2012
Every day is something different - different patients, different duties. Mainly I was in charge of compiling med recs (medication reconciliations) for newly admitted patients through the hospitals. The job would be anywhere from easy to challenging, based on the patient's age; memory; length of med list; etc. I would say it's rewarding because it is me who compiles these med lists and have to make sure they are right, because what I enter is what will be ordered for the patient as an inpatient - and it it isn't absolutely correct, with doses; frequencies; etc.. it could be critical. I feel like I hold so much responsibility, and have so many people counting on accurate lists - mainly doctors!
Good experience as a public figure
Security Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 26, 2012
This job really tested my skills with people. I did not feel like there were advancements available in the department.

About Meriter Health Services

Meriter Health Services is a dynamic health system, comprised of a hospital, medical group and insurance company, dedicated to – Read more