Meritor Employee Reviews in United States

liked the job and the people did not like 7 days a week too much. did not mind overtime not just all the time
Utiliry (Former Employee) –  York, SCApril 20, 2016
my co-workers and I helped each other to get the jobs done on time, I learned to run a lathe, bush and press, got along good with my supervisor because he knew he could rely on be to get the job done.
the hardest part of the job were the heavy parts we had to handle sometimes. the diversity of the job, never knew what I was going to be doing next,
Pros
good 401-k benefits and health ins. good vacations after 6 months
Cons
Seven days a week a lot of times
Just a number
Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 4, 2016
This job was fast paced, which I enjoy but the environment was hot and there was not much attention to safety, although it was taught. There was plenty of opportunity for overtime, but not optional.
Review of my company
CENTRAL MATERIALS PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 4, 2016
Meritor is a very good company and continues to grow. I got lost in the work-life balance as a young man starting my career in Michigan. I realized that work and life should not be a position to be "married" to a company or your career. I would recommend Meritor for anyone that wants the career in the Corporate U.S. setting.
Good place to work.
PROGRAM MANAGER, LEAN SYSTEMS DESIGN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 3, 2016
Meritor is a good place to work. They make a good commitment to their employees through the investment of competitive salaries and both internal and external training.
Great job
Machine Op (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMarch 23, 2016
The co-worker are wonderful , learned more about machines, and the hardest part of the job is when the machines broke down.
Misguided management.
Core Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 18, 2016
I would get to my booth and see what parts had been sent to me the previous day. I might start with wheels or calipers. Management had very lousy communication about their expectations. They were more reactionary than pro-active. My co-workers were great, I really liked the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was how management would change things too often. Things like proper procedures or not giving me proper instructions on how to do my job. The things i enjoyed most were my coworkers, having my own semi-secluded booth to work in and how they would give us free lunch from time to time.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, free winter coats
Cons
Underpaid, over-worked
I am doing a student consultant project for Meritor
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 18, 2016
Good Company. Very responsive staffs. I have learned a lot working here. The project is coming to the end, and I will come back to review about the project later.
Provided a great opportunity
Assembly & Welding Line (Former Employee) –  Marion, SCMarch 15, 2016
The hours were quite enjoyable-5:00 am to 1:30 pm. Learned about the assembling parts for a motor vehicle. Management was very hands on and sufficient. The only time it became a challenge if the machine was not working properly slowing down the process. But then you would find a sufficient work around which was solely team work. Most enjoyable part was continuing to learn and the coworkers.
Pros
Early morhing hours and benefits/pay
Ok
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  York, SCFebruary 25, 2016
fine, it is fine. typical manufacturing. it is fine. just fine. good people. just fine. good fine good fine. fine fine fine fine
Fast paced in a growing environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCFebruary 14, 2016
My typical day at Meritor consisted of assessing production needs and moving manpower as needed to meet the particular needs of each customer for that day. I performed weekly safety audits and daily process audits to ensure the integrity of all parts going to the customer. I would notify and follow up with maintenance with any down equipment and assist on repairs when needed to minimize downtime. I would perform hourly checks with operators to troubleshoot any and all issues that the operators would encounter that would inhibit safety, quality, or production.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Depending on the day you wouldn't get a break.
co- workers would not help new hires..
reach truck operator, picker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 14, 2016
us as a team were not able to help to be a team, old school workers would not assist new hire..shift hour were good, hardest part of work when picking was to make sure the packers were honest..
Pros
overtime and small perks
Cons
new hire hostile enviroment
Fun but stressful work place
Purchasing Co-op (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 11, 2016
-Fun place to work but in terms of who to go to when working on a project is very difficult and is hard to ever get something implemented.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Stressful
Great Job
PC/IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 11, 2016
Great job, great people, and a fantastic employee culture. It's one of the best jobs I have ever had. The whole company from CEO to production assembler have a great sense of pride and are committed to providing a quality product.
Pros
yearly bonus, performance based raises, incentives, 401k, pension plan.
Cons
Very supportive management, feels like working as part of a family
MES Managed Services Track Lead (Current Employee) –  Maxton, NCFebruary 2, 2016
Taught everything that was required to make me succeed in current role and designation, fortunate to have found so many colleagues who welcomed me and make me feel a part of the big Meritor Laurinburg family every day I come to work
Pros
Work location is a remote manufacturing plant, doesnt have a canteen, no good places to eat nearby, and yet I can see no cons!!!
Good wges, decent benefits
Gear Forge- Machining Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 9, 2016
set-up, operate lathe, inspect parts, route to next operation or ship. trouble shoot non-conformance operations in machining, write continuous improvements on findings turn in to management.
Pros
good wages, vacation, benefits
Cons
Work to many days in succession mandatory, old equipment. little managerial support.
very nice
intern (Former Employee) –  troy,miDecember 31, 2015
This is a good company to work for. People are very friendly and always want you to take initiative. Everyone in the department is very supportive.
Na
Corp Six Sigma Master Black Belt, OpEx, Lean Dir (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 19, 2015
Company has super low Denison Consulting Score for Employee engagement and Empowerment 1 of 5 but claimed it uses Six Sigma for > 20 years. Very high turn over rate. Nice people but intimidated and afraid of losing their job.
Good Work Places
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 2, 2015
Love Working in the factory the people and the work experiences that I had it was beyond my imagination they show me how to be a machine and much more
New CEO Jay Craig
Director- Global Quality (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 2, 2015
The new CEO is making very short sited decisions to positively impact the investors but long term strategy for business growth and longevity is scarce
Pros
lk
Cons
lkj
great job great management staff
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 1, 2015
This job has no advancement oportunities. The people there come in everyday do the same job and leave. You are not required to work over time ever.
Pros
the hours are great/ atmosphere is great
Cons
bad pay rate/ no advancement ops.