Meritor Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 15, 2017
Great place to work. Quiet laid back office environment. Management straight forward. Great people to work with. Lots of older folks lack youth and age diversity.
We have a very diverse work staff.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 13, 2017
Its a very small company but very diverse which is a plus because you get to learn a lot about other cultures. Also by the company being small they work as one big family team.
Pros
Everyone working together
Cons
The company is very small.
Good company
Vendor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 7, 2017
This company is a great company to work for, there's steady growth and opportunities for learning. The work from home option is very convenient and nice!
Great People to work with
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Meritor would be an awesome place if they didn't rely heavily on Temp/contract workers to keep their numbers low.

Most management are great to work for and with.

I've learned are great deal from my co-workers who are always great at teaching and sharing knowledge.
Pros
Great people to work alongside
Cons
Not hiring temps (they have employees that have worked 12 years as temp)
good company
Oracle Application Dba (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 12, 2017
I Like working this company. Its good work culture and challanging tasks. We can learn a lot from the new tools and technologies . collegues are very friendly
Pros
nice work culture no pressure
Cons
Need some improvement in infra strucure
One of the best jobs I've had
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCFebruary 7, 2017
I assembled car parts. I learned how to break down car parts and install new parts. The management were very knowledgeable and helpful about safety. There were a lot of teamwork at this job. The hardest part of this job was going to a department to work that you were unfamiliar with. The most enjoyable part you can get over time if needed.
Pros
My co-workers were helpful
Cons
They laid off our department
hard work and little pay
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 7, 2017
work is pretty physical and pay is ****. if management doesn't like you they will do whatever they can to get to you. even if they know its completely illegal they just hope people don't know.
Pros
its a job
Cons
anything you can think of
Professional environment with a strong moral
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2017
There was a shuffleboard table that was alloed to be played during lunch hour. As an intern, the president asked us to help build moral and so we decided to have a shuffleboard tournament with fantastic prizes for the winner. Although there was time for dun, merito wabco was a professional environment where I learned to hone my skills as a project manager and engineer.
Excellent workplace
Designer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Meritor is an excellent place to work. I am surrounded by some great knowledgeable people who are always willing to help out. Very nice team to work with.
good
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 18, 2017
great company. great coworkers. great people. great product. great enviornment. great benefits. great pay. great lunches. great everything really. great place to be.
Employees were a close family
Assembly Technician/ Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHJanuary 15, 2017
The company was a good employer until they decided to shut the plant down to move the work to achieve cheaper labor elsewhere including Mexico. There were close to 300 employees with over 15 years of dedication to the company that lost their jobs.
closed company
Senior Quality Engineer / TS16949 Manager (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 9, 2017
company closed in automotive downturn, had people reloate from michigan to loose there job, was sad. company overall was not a good place to work for, but it was a job.
Good Company good Pay
Facilitator, Production manager (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, INJanuary 4, 2017
Meritor is a good company to work for that causes you to strech yourself to reach your full potential. The pay and benefits are great, and HR really trys to show their people they care.
Summary
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 3, 2017
I resigned my position due to a family emergency and then retirement. I felt my experience with Meritor was very rewarding and beneficial. I was able to develop meaningful customer relationships due to my customer focused mindset
Automotive Quality Inpector
Automotive Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNDecember 31, 2016
I was responsible for ensuring that the product meet requirements for beginning to end. I would travel to different Automotive plants to solve any and all the problems with product. I measured product with many different quality equipment. I was able to read and understand blueprints.
Pros
Never a dule moment. Always having something to do.
Cons
Plant closed due to Automotive downfall.
Automotive Heavy Duty Axle production
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHDecember 30, 2016
The plant I was employed at closed. The management did not work with its employees. There was a huge division between hourly employees and salary employees. Work environment was stressful
Very excciting opportunities
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 16, 2016
Had a chance to work on a variety of different systems and suppliers, Ability to travel to different countries and diversity of products.
Pros
Opportunity to work on many different projects
Cons
Management structure in flux
Very busy days, lots of work
Welding Engineer/Weld Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 8, 2016
Days passed quickly. Lots of work. A variety of problems to resolve and new products/tooling to install.
Improved my skills as a welding engineer. Learmed more about TS16949 quality systems. Improved skills in problem solving.
Lots of changes in plant management.
Engineering (co-workers) were the strength of the plant.
Management team was not always aware of the work load of the engineers.
Working with co-workers, corporate engineers, resolving problems, new product, new tooling, improving processes, and eliminating downtime.
Pros
Great Group of People to work with.
Cons
Lots of changes in plant management, Plant manager, Engineering manager, Production Manager, Quality Manager, Maintenance Manager, Hr Manager
ok
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 6, 2016
Pros

Friendly people, helpful mentor and flexible hours, ok to work every day

Cons

networking events should be organized, need more training, stressful
Good place to work for twenty six years
Rod Fabrication Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKNovember 3, 2016
I started as machine operator and worked many different position though out my time there. Plenty of room for advancement if a person had the desire to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meritor. Our community is ready to answer.