Meritor Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 14, 2018
ArvinMeritor was a great place to work at. Unfortunately Meritor parted ways with ARVIN and ended a generation of a true tier 1 supplier to the big 3 etc.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Great team members.
Cons
Company does not exist anymore
I wasn't fast enough for them even though I was on a solo team and all the other teams were two men teams.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 10, 2018
The work was hard but, I came in everyday and gave it my all. I was the only woman in the whole warehouse and I was not treated fairly by other employees.
Pros
acceptable pay
Cons
hard work, freezing temps
Meritor is a wonderful company to work for.
E-commerce Co-op (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 6, 2018
Typical day included a meeting with my supervisor and a discussion regarding what projects needed to be finished.

I learend a great deal about software and e-commerce. I also learned the in's and out's of Google Analytics and microsoft programs.
Good job ; nice atmosphere
Manager Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJanuary 29, 2018
meritor is a nice place to work. The company encourages employees to be involved in the community. It encourages all employee involvement and stressess safety and quality.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
policies and procedures not consistently applied among salaied group
Company is on cutting edge of growth opportinities.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 28, 2018
Great company with lots of growth. However, too focused on LEAN and that erodes primary job responsibilities. Infrequent opportunities to "breathe". always have to have 5 or more projects in motion.
Fast-paced factory work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJanuary 22, 2018
I worked on the machining line "deburring" industrial truck axles. The work was very repetitive and monotonous and the pay did not properly reflect the amount of work required. Management was great but we were routinely required to work weekends.
Helped material management with ordering of parts and inventory
Inventory Control - FTZ Admin (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 22, 2018
I took daily cycle counts and entered all inventory into the system for daily production. Then I would order what was needed from the MRP system.

I learned lead times from other countries and how to communicate with production so the job gets done.

Management was wonderful I learned a lot from my manager which lead to the career after this.

The culture was very diverse. I learned how to communicate with the employees that could not speak English very well.

The hardest part of the job would be there was no advancement.

The most enjoyable would be seeing that what you are doing makes a difference in the production.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
No advancement
Good people and a company that cares about employees.
Disribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 18, 2018
Meritor offers benefits not found everywhere else. Starting day one you are given 10 paid holidays and 5 paid "floating holidays". Floating holidays are non-major holidays that are normally scheduled workdays but employees can take them whenever they want, so basically like having five more paid holidays. They also give you 8 hours of flex time that you can use in 30-minute to 4-hour increments. This comes in handy if you have a situation that will cause you to be late or if you have to leave early sometime. Everyone I worked with was nice caring people. I would recommend Meritor to anyone seeking a job in distribution center work.
Pros
Good people, decent pay and benefits, 10 paid vacation days and 5 paid floating holidays per year, decent pay, 401k
Cons
Every 2 years employees with seniority can bump newer employees to different deparment or shift.
hands on with the product
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 16, 2018
I liked manufacturing on the assemble line it was a honor to assemble freightliner truck axles. leaved many components associated with there product. Great advancement
Badly managed machienry
electrical/ maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYJanuary 12, 2018
The place was extremely hot and the machines were old and constantly in a state of major repair, with some that would never be fixed for outdated parts,
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Enjoying meritor
Fab shoe and axle line (Former Employee) –  York, SCJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at meritor I had some complications self had to deal with but meritor keeps u up and you work and get paid for your work I wouldn’t mind to come back if I could
good place to work,if you don't mind hard work.
Grind Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  maroin s.cJanuary 3, 2018
it's a productive company, great group of people to work with. would be the ideal place to grow in. the work place culture is good. really no hard part of the job if you put your best foot forward.the best part of the job are the people you work with.
Meritor is a global company
Maintenance Facilitator (currently) (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 22, 2017
Meritor is a very stable company with room for advancement and provides very good benefits. The management team will challenge you be your best every day.
Could be Great, if Management Let it Be
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 18, 2017
The renovation of one of their buildings into a more modern, open landscape with short cube walls and a general, centered meeting area with glass door meeting rooms around it was a nice start. However, the older, three story building attached has some work to be done to match. Its pretty close- quartered in that building when it comes to people and their work stations.

Management, depending on who or where you're working, can be too of a "good ol boy" hierarchy. If you're not in, you're most likely going to be out and soon. They expect you to do EVERYTHING, over and above what you think your job might entail. Also, they throw money at travel like no other business ever. They don't care how much it costs them for you to travel nor how frequently. You must keep up appearances with management to succeed, even if your work or travel is less than worth it or busy. Play the game, you'll succeed.

Work- life balance is great; allowed to work from home when need be, plus 11 holidays off, paid.

Pay scale is good but you will have to bust your hump to keep up as their is no training nor mentoring unless you make it happen for yourself. They expect you to know how they operate and quickly, even if you might be going through the motions for the first time, 8 or 9 months in. Most projects take a long time to get through all phases; one in particular was still ongoing and was started in 2012!
Pros
work- life balance, pay
Cons
terrible management attitudes, overwork, travel
Stressful job
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 6, 2017
Very fast paced company with some good people. Great benefits package (they offer a pension) but training was minimal and support from HQ in Troy was non-existent.
Don't plan on staying long
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2017
Work is generally 8 hours a day, 40 hour week. Roles are clear cut, and work is very regimented. There are management cliques, and if you don't get into one, you will be shuffled out the door pretty quick. Don't rock the boat with observations about how you have seen things done differently for better results - it will not be appreciated. The Indianapolis plant is just west of the airport. It is divided up into brake shoe re-manufacturing for truck size drum brakes, and axle-differential-transmission re-manufacturing for large diesel trucks. The plant burns old paint and road grime off of used brake shoes, and later repaints them using an electrostatic process. The particulates in the air often leave a blue gray haze in the ceiling area 40 feet overhead. It smells pretty bad too. Unless you want to breathe that - don't plan on staying long.
Pros
High pay - great bennies
Cons
Management not inclusive, uncomfortable plant conditions
Meritor was both the best and worst job I've ever had.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCNovember 25, 2017
Going in, Meritor was a fabulous place to work. I had great management support, a good salary and great benefits. From the beginning, my Plant Manager raised concerns about the upper Management's ethics. How little did I know what was coming. My plant was shut down, and most of the product line was sent to Mexico. I was laid off, recalled, and converted from a permanent employee to a contract employee with no benefits. I spent company money like it was water, which was really fun but it was to make up for an incompetent purchasing dept. I chased the supplies, and delivered them to the plants in my car. I did not get paid extra was providing this service which was expected of my position. I still owe $9000+ in auto maintenance costs. I was laid off with less than 30 days to go to be vested in the retirement plan. Other reviewers have mentioned a good ole boy network at Meritor, I don't know that it's exactly that, but management definitely has it's favorites, you can be publicly shamed in a meeting, and if you aren't one of the anointed ones, you can't work hard enough. If you are still going to work there, make it a short to medium term endeavor, and then move on before they have a chance to put you behind the eight ball.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to learn differnt jobs, and skills.
Cons
Unethical management
good solid american company that cared about people
Quality Tech, Rework Tech, Pre-shipping Dock Audit (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2017
good place to work - moved much further away from home and I followed the company. wish they never moved so far away from my home when they relocated operations.
Meritor was a good place for tepoary work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCNovember 21, 2017
Meritor was good to me while i worked there. The work was steady untill i got laid off. They tried ti keep moral up the best they could. Unfortunately getting full time was difficult.
Pros
8 hr shift plus some overtime and good pay
Cons
they only allow you to ne out 3 days if you are temp
High turn over
Team Leader / Employment Plus (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 20, 2017
The work crew i was assigned built rearends for commercial trucks. They also had crews to rebuild transmissions, differentials, brakes, and other commercial axle components.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meritor. Our community is ready to answer.