Meritus Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Unit, Great Team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 15, 2017
Proud to be apart of such a close knit team. Always willing to lend a hand and work together for the good of our patients. Manager is constantly looking for areas to improve patient and staff satisfaction.
nice place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 23, 2017
Nice place to work, manager at the joint and ortho unit is awesome and reliable to work with.
I am still a work at the facility because of the managers attitude and support
v CLINICAL OBSERVER (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 21, 2017
I love working here. The staff members are great people who are committed to providing good health care to everyone who comes through the doors. Everyone seems to be supportive of each other and the overall goal of providing good health care.
Overall an okay place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 10, 2017
Always exciting changes, no black and white policies, poor communication with Dr. to Dr., Management to employees, lack of communication in general, high turnover rate
Pros
Mostly good teamwork
Cons
Management communication
Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 29, 2017
I absolutely loved my job and my coworkers in this ER. The unfortunate part was the management. When I started they had lost employees in the teens. They continued to lose and/or fire employees throughout my time there. We were pulled into the management office to receive 'corrective counseling' for whatever ridiculous thing or another on a regular basis. Two corrective counseling in the same category = termination. It's an amazing team, but if you would like job security then do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. Nurses are in high demand, but this management will treat you like you're doing them a favor, and give you corrective counseling just to put you in your place. Ummm, no thank you. I took a job somewhere else.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing!
Cons
Management is embarrassing.
Meritus
Clinical Observer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 20, 2017
Decent pay, good people. Overall a good experience. Would definitely recommend. I would work there again if i ever come back to the area. Being a clinical observer can being to exhaust you so if you are looking into that- dont work yourself to hard.
I have been satisfied with my 20 years of working here
Registered Nurse Vascular Access Specialty Team (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 15, 2017
I have been satisfied with my employment at this facility. Started in 1997 as a CNA and have gradually over the years extended my education. I would recommend this facility.
Director of Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Great work environment. Great patient care.
Caring staff, really good management. Great work life balance.
Many opportunities within the organization.
enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 21, 2017
colleagues are phenomenal, you feel as though you are part of a team. work well together. seasoned RN's are happy to share their experience and give advice on how to make you a better RN. never felt as if I were alone with anything.
Great staff and Manager
RN/RN Resource (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 11, 2017
Staffed appropriately. Manager was kind and helpful. Incentives to employees who took extra shifts. Staff doctor was pleasant and always helpful when we needed him. Enjoyed going to work.
Pros
extra pay for extra shifts, staff lunches, benefits
Fast paced stressful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 30, 2017
The ER is a fast paced, very stressful work place. Always asking you to do more with less. Need to ask for lunch relief. Always busy! New staff turn over is big with new nurses at the helm.
Too much overtime
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 1, 2017
The nursing staff does not seem to care about their jobs or their patients. Units are understaffed and overworked. Company will be changing to EPIC software in the near future
Meritus
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at the hospital in a different environment but, they over work their employees and do not care if they are understaffed me myself has been on the floor with 30 PT and one aid and thats normal.
Very busy unit with very sick patiennts
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 12, 2017
Our unit supports very ill patients. Many with multiple health concerns. We work as a team with many players. We are supported by our manager. Our culture is to work with the patients and their families as a team and supporting them as best as possible. The hardest part of the job is when the patients don't do well in spite of our best efforts. The best part of the job is when our patients do well and get to go home.
Pros
Good Health benefits
Cons
Far from home
excellent co-workers, many learning opportunities
Server (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 2, 2017
Good learning opportunities abound with company provided educators. Co-workers are team oriented. Lot of variety in medical conditions encountered. Encouragement for furthering education.
great
Registered Nurse Lic #R217153 (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 29, 2017
great place to work. You will learn a lot. There are a lot of resources to use when needed. Staff is very supportive. New grads are always welcomed. d
ED Tech
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21742May 28, 2017
You will be expected to work autonomously and insert IVs as ordered, complete EKGs, apply splints and work in all areas of the ER such as: trauma, triage, codes, STEMIs.
Pros
training is good and long enough, the nurses want to teach, cafeteria
Cons
pay, insurance is expensive, managers don't care about your problems
Fast pased and more focused on money than pt's needs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 23, 2017
I love being a nurse but when the management is more focused on money and cutting the budget than actual quality care, there is problems. Closing units, and laying off nurses just to re-open the unit several months later and struggle to find nurses. Who ultimately suffers? the patients. It shouldn't be that way!
Clinical student
Student Clinical (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 4, 2017
GREAT learning hospital. Lots of students are throughout the hospital and staff is always willing to help out. They truly have a heart for teaching others to be just as good as they are.
Great team to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 20, 2017
I worked with a great group of nurses and am sad that I had to leave. I learned how to be a better nurse and I was constantly commended on my high level of patience and people skills.