Merjent is a professional environmental consulting company specializing in the energy industry. Our focus is on oil and gas pipelines, electric utilities, biofuels, wind, and nuclear energy projects throughout the United States.
We are people-focused and results-driven. Our culture embodies teamwork, openness, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We believe in building a community where people are encouraged to realize their potential, and promote an environment where people and projects succeed. Merjent was a proud recipient of the 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking to add to our team.
In this full-time, exempt-level position, the Environmental Analyst will assist Project Managers with environmental permit acquisitions, assessments, and compliance management. This position requires technical knowledge of federal, state, and local permitting regulations to support energy-related projects.
The following responsibilities are general duties that an employee in this position may be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.The Environmental Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Assist with the management of permitting services to the energy sector (e.g., oil and gas pipeline projects, electric transmission projects, and ethanol facilities).
- Coordinate and support projects that may include EA/EIS preparation.
- Support and/or coordinate field surveys, subcontractors, and associated report preparation.
- Work with internal Project Managers and external clients in a manner that is consistent with Merjent’s reputation for excellence.
- Assist Project Managers as needed with scheduling field personnel and equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in environmental science, environmental engineering, archaeology, biology, or closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with environmental permitting supporting large-scale linear projects and facilities.
- 3-5 years of experience with Section 106, NEPA, FWS, FERC, and SHPO requirements and processes.
- Experience with agency and tribal consultation.
- Knowledge and experience in hydrology, biology, environmental monitoring, and field experience is a plus.
- Strong project management, organizational, and people skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and interpret data from multiple sources.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Office environment. This position is based out of Merjent’s Minneapolis office.
- Ability to travel nationally as necessary 5-10% of time.
Candidates interested in applying for this or other open positions should download an application from the careers page at www.merjent.com. Merjent,Inc. will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.