Merjent is a professional environmental consulting company specializing in the energy industry. Our focus is on permitting and environmental compliance for oil and gas pipelines, electric utilities, biofuels, wind, and nuclear energy projects throughout the United States.
We are people-focused and results-driven. Our culture embodies teamwork, openness, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We believe in building a community where people are encouraged to realize their potential, and promote an environment where people and projects succeed. Merjent was a proud recipient of the 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking to add to our team.
This position is a part-time, temporary, contract assignment expected to last through the end of 2013. The position may continue after 2013 depending on project-specific needs. The Safety Analyst will perform field safety audits, review safety processes and procedures, and perform safety data tracking and analysis.
The Safety Analyst will work up to 32 hours per week with varying hours depending on travel.
Essential Job Functions
The following responsibilities are general duties that an employee in this position may be required to perform. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The actual duties required of this position will vary. The Safety Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Conduct field safety audits to ensure employees and subcontractors are following safety protocols and procedures in accordance with client and government requirements.
- Travel up to 50% throughout the Midwest as necessary to conduct safety audits.
- Safety data analysis and reporting.
- Audit field projects' safety equipment, processes, protocols, and reporting.
- Review existing policies, plans, and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in Industrial/Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Safety Engineering or related program of study.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with prior experience in oil and gas pipeline construction and/or utilities.
- OSHA 30 training.
- CSP Certification or CHST
- Certified first-aid instructor
- Analytical ability to analyze, compare, and interpret data from disparate sources and provide a gap analysis to address safety concerns.
- Knowledge of DOT/PHMSA drug and alcohol testing processes.
- Ability to "own the process" responsibly and reliably.
- Ability to learn quickly and competently manage details to ensure accuracy.
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfort in a team environment with quickly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to improve processes.
- 50% Office environment. This position will be based out of Merjent’s Minneapolis office.
- 50% Travel. This position will consist of travel to field sites throughout the Midwest.
Candidates interested in applying for this or other open positions should download an application from the careers page at www.merjent.com. Merjent,Inc. will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.