Merjent is a professional environmental consulting company specializing in the energy industry. Our focus is on oil and gas pipelines, electric utilities, biofuels, wind, and nuclear energy projects throughout the United States.
We are people-focused and results-driven. Our culture embodies teamwork, openness, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We believe in building a community where people are encouraged to realize their potential, and promote an environment where people and projects succeed. Merjent was a proud recipient of the 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking to add to our team.
In this full-time, exempt, technical position, the Senior Environmental Analyst will utilize experience and education in biology and wetlands to acquire federal, state, and local environmental permits to support new and existing energy projects.
The following responsibilities are general duties that an employee in this position may be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.The Senior Environmental Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Project management of all facets of permitting services to all energy sectors: pipeline, oil and gas, and electric transmission projects within schedule and budget expectations. This includes in-house project team, client expectations and requirements, technical knowledge of regulations, and sub-consultant management.
- Coordination and support of projects that may include FERC Certificate applications, EAs, and EISs.
- Supervision and coordination of field surveys, environmental inspections, wetland monitoring services, mitigation design, and restoration management/plans.
- Conducting, coordinating, and reviewing wetland and sensitive species surveys.
- Working closely with clients to ensure satisfaction and maintaining Merjent’s reputation for excellence.
- Building and maintaining client contacts and actively seeking business development opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in environmental science, environmental engineering/management, biology, or closely related science.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive environmental permitting and energy transmission industry experience supporting large-scale linear projects and facilities.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience which includes: Section 401, Section 404, Section 10 permitting; Sections 7 and 10 ESA consultations; NEPA compliance; FWS, COE, and FERC experience; surveys and wetland delineations; managing sub-consultant.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental permitting regulations.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Effective communication skills with internal team, external clients, sub-consultants, and government agency representatives.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business contracts, government regulations, technical procedures, construction drawings, and GIS maps.
- Ability to adapt quickly, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and motivate a team.
- Certified Professional Wetland Scientist and/or Certified Wetland Delineator preferred but not required.
- Office environment. This position is based out of Merjent’s Minneapolis office.
- Ability to travel nationally as necessary 5-10% of time.
Candidates interested in applying for this or other open positions should download an application from the careers page at www.merjent.com. Merjent,Inc. will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Indeed - 13 months ago