Merkle

Merkle United States Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard
Senior Manager, Account Management (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free soda fountain, free bagels on fri, fun events
Cons: long hours
Merkle is a great company with visionary leaders. If you aren't afraid to work hard, you will be rewarded.
Productive and fast pace working environment.
Auditor (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDDecember 5, 2014
I would go in diligently and do the tasks that were assigned for me to do. I learned how to organize banking documents as well as handling money and people's account information. I also learned about non-profit organizations and how they operated. The management worked well us employees and helped us gain knowledge and more understanding of the tasks that were given to us. There was not anything too difficult or hard to understand. The most enjoyable part of the day was being able to finish all my work ahead of my scheduled time and then being able to leave soon after all my tasks were finished.
Merkle's current business model and management has some big issues that have led to high turnover rate.
Lead Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MarylandOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work hour flexibility, chance of telecommute, fast learning environment, visa sponsorship, good hr
Cons: unreasonable expectations for employees, poor project planning, too much politics in projects, unreasonable work shift to offshore
Merkle is a good place for new graduates who are eager to learn, don’t mind working long hours and also need visa sponsorship.
Merkle used to be good with promoting employees based on performance but this process has slowed down.

Merkle's HR has been the best I've seen in terms of benefits explanation and visa sponsoring.

Merkle allows high performance employees to work from home. Also, dependent on the manager, there could be a lot of work hour flexibility.

Merkle's management team does not think in employee's shoes and all they care about is getting work done. Hence they tend to throw out expectations that are too aggressive or even unrealistic and they push employees too hard that could very well frustrate employees.

Merkle is very aggressive with selling. However, due to lack of evaluation of challenges of projects by the sales team, it usually ends up with terrible project planning such as unreasonable expectations and timelines. This in turns leads to tremendous pressure on the analytics team who does the actual work. This issue is particularly severe with big innovative projects. As a result, keeping pushing back deadlines with the clients is common. In the mean time, there is a lot of politics among the teams which is definitely not good for projects that are already struggling.

Merkle has been trying to heavily outsource advanced analytics jobs to offshore to contain cost. However, due to shortage of exceptional offshore employees caused by low pay, the offshore team needs a lot of supervision from the US team. As a result, a lot of US employees have to constantly work closely with the offshore team outside regular work hours, i.e. either very early in the morning or late at night. This has burned out and driven away a lot of excellent employees. Therefore, Merke is definitely lot an ideal place for people who want to have normal family life.
it was ok
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 2, 2014
it was an ok place to work . not ver professional . a lot of the people were very nice but everyone was trained different so if you needed help you couldn't always get the correct answer.
Challenging and and fast-paced. Smart staff.
Manager, IT Risk (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 7, 2014
Long hours and high expectations with little personal relationship development.
Extremely smart staff.
Friendly, yet constant hiring
Receptionist or Information Clerk (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 5, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks, no training.
On a typical day at Merkel, you would spend possibly 15 minutes trying to find a parking spot and walking to the locker room to store your belongings. Followed by clocking in and preparing your work station for the work day. Everyday was like walking on egg shells because, the managers were always firing people and hiring new people and you never knew if you were going to lose your job that day. The hardest part of the job was trying to please management from another department but, my enjoyable part of the job was meeting friendly people and learning new things. Management was not concerned with training the new employees, but to throw new tasks at them every day. Hoping you would get the hang of it and not mess anything up.
high paced, good culture
TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: breakfast fridays
Cons: way way out of town - long drive. (boston)
24/7 system support for marketing campaigns. Lots of great people. Management likes to experiment with new ways to lead, most help. Nice people, loved writing and designing the custom CRM systems.
Fun work place
Email Developer (Former Employee), DenverSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: fun, relax, lay back
Cons: short deadlines
The hardest part of the job was waiting for passwords, every day was a little different. But it would mostly start my looking at the board to see what needs to get done by the week.
fun workplace
Mail processor (Former Employee), hagerstownAugust 21, 2013
nice coworkers
nice hours
easy to do
nice breaks
a lot of math
nice management
Worked with a team of employees to ensure speedy donation processing.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 22, 2013
Led a team of employees to scan, key and process donations. I enjoyed the experience I gained in management and leading, however, the company did not value its employees.
flexible schedule
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 8, 2013
I liked my schedule but can be a very difficult place to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was the daily conversations with certain customers and clients. my co workers were nice. Management could have been better. Had some problems with them doing their correct job. I learned how to get around on the computer a little easier.
Loved the fact that people wanted to donate to others
Mail Processor (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJanuary 10, 2013
I imputed clients' donations into their accounts. I liked that other people liked to help others. With Breast Cancar and ASPCA
Poor company to work for.
Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDSeptember 20, 2012
Poor compinsation for time, On more then one occasion I worked twelve hour shift to help. I gave a months notice before leaving and the company refused to pay me my vacation time.
Quiet Workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 19, 2012
Pros: peaceful.
Cons: couldnt conversate, or be comfortable in your chair, had to sit straight up constantly when we weren't dealing with customers.
Data entry, keying names, addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers, expiration dates in the computer, as well as scanning items into the computers.
poorly
Credit Card clerk (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 10, 2012
It just was not a very good enviroment to be in. Time management for managers was not very good. Most management waited until the last minute to give out work, they would also wait until 10 min before you leave to tell you that you must work overtime. If their was a death in the family it was hard to obtain any time off.
Nice, Friendly, Proffesional
Data Entry (Former Employee)June 25, 2011
I enjoyed it, the people were always friendly and always professional

About Merkle

Has your company's marketing momentum moved from measurable to murky? Meet Merkle, a customer relationship marketing agency that – Read more