Merle Norman Cosmetics

Merle Norman Cosmetics United States Employee Reviews

Fun, part time
sales (Current Employee), Concord NCApril 18, 2015
Pros: fun & flexible hours
Cons: pay
I am currently still employed at Merle Norman. I enjoy it, its fun and I have flexible hours. However, I want more and want to earn more money.
Fun Workplace for any Beauty Guru
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at Merle Norman consists of giving makeovers, facials, explaining products and giving excellent customer service and satisfaction. Working here I have learned an abundance of skin care necessities and applications. Management, while structured, is laid back and an easy going environment. My co-workers are very personable. The hardest part of my job was and is learning all of the different products that we sell, what their ingredients are, how they are applied, why they are beneficial, etc. Of course the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to play with makeup all day long and teaching others how to use it.
I enjoyed working there because I believe in the product and love the customers.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Belleair Bluffs, FlJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great owner, co-workers and customers. love the product.
Cons: the store closed.
I worked at this Merle Norman Franchise for seven years and really thought I would retire from there. Although there weren't benefits, I loved the owner and the location. I got along with my co-workers. We were like a family. The hardest part was when the owner was struggling with health issues as well as financial problems.
Ok Job
Manager (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: closed sundays, and early during the week
Cons: schedule is not steady
Merle Norman is slow at times, we need to be calling all the time. Managing and maintaining the studio is easy the hard part is working with people that don't want to work and owners that miss communicate with employees.
Creative job
Assistant Manager, Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I started working here while I was in cosmetology, they taught me a lot about makeup and skin care, how to sell, do inventory and do window displays.
hair products
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 18, 2014
job was fun to do while going to school full time but management wasn't strong
Fun place to work
Beauty Consultant & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bay City, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: the hours of opperation
Cons: my long commute
I enjoy the customers and the low stress environment. I wish there was a way to advance either in position or compensation.
Great work environment.
MANAGER/MAKEUP ARTIST (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Effectively and efficiently ran a cosmetic store as acting manager. Duties consisted of budgeting, sourcing, and ordering equipment's and materials from professional suppliers. Ensured the store was properly stocked, utilized a P.O.S. system as well as ensured cleanliness of store. Preformed all brow shaping, facial waxing, ear piercing, cosmetic and skin care matches. Preformed makeovers for walk in customers as well as worked off an appointment book. Built up a large following of repeat clientele along with new clientele based on word of mouth, referrals and social media.
Best Learning Experience
Manager (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: compensation, bonus, learning
Cons: n/a
Merle Norman was the best learning experience to expand my knowledge in multiple fields not only pertaining to cosmetics. I would handle all financial weekly/monthly statements, inbound and outbound ordering and inventory. Communicating with all third party contractors for orders to purchase boutique within given budget. Hiring and training new employees and in the unfortunate event termination of employees. I enjoyed assisting clients with their purchases and having them leave feeling more confident with higher self-esteem.

The only hardest part was being in the store alone at closing, some sketchy people would come in randomly.
Best Job I ever had
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2014
This job was amazing. Pay was not great but it was a good job. I sometimes wish I never left
Great place to work!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Forrest City, ARJuly 3, 2014
I loved working at Merle Norman! I loved the customers and the general work.Like any job, it was stressful at times trying to get everything done in time, but nothing out of the ordinary! I learned so much about life through my job!
There Is More to Make-up Than Meets the "Eye"!
Make-up Artist/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaJune 9, 2014
Loved, loved, loved this commission only position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creativity in applying make-up and the knowledge I gained in skin care.
Fun and up beat environment
Assistant Manager, Sales Associate, Make-up Artist (Former Employee), winston salem ncJune 4, 2014
my manager taught me alot about retail and customer service. I loved helping people find what looked best for them
This was a mother and daugher owned franchise. They were great to work for.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: it was a wonderful place to work.
Cons: there were no negatives about working there.
Merle Norman makes a high quality product and I thoroughly enjoyed working with the customers as well as the owners. Will always stand out as one of my favorite jobs.
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Loved working here, wish there was one i could work at closer to hom
Amazing workplace with amazing people
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXJanuary 14, 2014
I loved working at Merle Norman. I learned different techniques and styles of applying make up. A typical day at work would include makeovers for different events, facials, and skin assessments. I have learned how to manage a room quickly and efficiently while being alone. I have learned how to deal with angry or upset customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was the makeovers. Not only did it make me more knowledgeable about different people and their skin, it made me closer to my customers and that helped me help and understand them better.
easy
Skin Care and Cosmetic Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 7, 2013
Pros: accommodates any schedule
Cons: no challenge
Very easy, you usually work alone except on Saturdays. It is fun to work with all different types of people and make them feel good about themselves.
N/A
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great helthcare
Great working experience with the Creative Team and other departments
Fun place
Beauty Consultant/Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CANovember 12, 2013
A really fun job if you like makeup and want to learn more and help people choose and learn themselves.
Productive and fun working place with make up and stylist everywhere.
Cashier (Current Employee), Ellijay, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: new friendships, learning about cosmetic products, meeting new people daily, bring a smile to the customers.
Cons: keeping all the products and untinsals in order and in place.
Answering phones, saling products, helping customers, running the register. I have learned coping skills, patients, tolerance, sales ability, and customer service. The hardest part of my Job is Making sure All the products and utinsal are kept in their rightful place. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people everday seeing old faces and creating friendships along the way.

About Merle Norman Cosmetics

Merle Norman Cosmetics has built a foundation by offering samples to customers through its "try before you buy" concept. Founded by – Read more

Merle Norman Cosmetics Salaries