Merle Norman Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are only working for fun
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 2, 2018
If you depend on working here to feed your family, pay bills, etc, please apply for something new.
You will be taken advantage of, used, and lied to.
Gossipy, disrespectful work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 21, 2017
All the management cared about was how much money they could not pay me. Also no lunch break. Also no minimum wage. Also no benefits for full-time. Just overall an awful experience.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Package Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2017
Many employees had been here for more 10 years. Lunch, breakfast and drink are provided daily at no cost. Dental service onsite with great discount. A very friendly environment, great co-workers.
Pros
dental, free food, job security.
Merle Norman
Store Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2017
Merle Norman cosmetics located in Lexington Kentucky was an excellent place to work. The standards were high and the quality of products offered outstanding.
Fun place to work, and love to please our customer
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 6, 2017
Merle Norman is a great company
Do not like to talk much about previous jobs but I will say that Merle Norman has a great supervisor that encourage you to love sales and at the same time shows you how to suggest the best products to many Ladies.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No comments
Great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 27, 2017
Great place, lots of good products and top of the line skin care. Your skin is first priority and customer is always taken well care of. Also has a small boutique in back.
Positive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 26, 2017
It was a cushion job. Made good money for the amount of work you had to do. I had time to do my school work on the side and management encouraged you to do that.
Pros
easy and fun
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and a good learning environment.
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2017
This is by far one of my favorite jobs. We did waxings, facials and makeup applications. The clients trusted you and you built a friendship. I had clients that would only come in when they knew I was there.
Pros
Very laid back. Clients.
Cons
Could be slow at times
Company with great morals
Manager (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OhioAugust 25, 2017
I've enjoyed working in the Merle Norman Circleville franchise. There is much freedom in what I do, and I have appreciated many facets of their business model. First, they refuse to do any animal testing. They also produce all of their products within the United States. It is one of the oldest/longest running cosmetics companies in the country, and for that reason their products have taken longer to catch on with the younger crowd. They would be well advised to give their company a "makeover", and shift more towards appealing to younger consumers.
All employees very warm and inviting. Management is excellent.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 7, 2017
All employees very warm and inviting. Management is excellent. Merle Norman in Flushing MI is a small town family owned business. They have a lot of loyal customers always eager to come back monthly sometimes weekly. They have been there for many years and know just about every one in town by first name.
The most enjoyable part of being apart of Merle Norman was the small town family feel.
The hardest part of my job there was not enough business during the summer months.
Pros
made my own schedule
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work!!! Love love love my boss!!
Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sumiton, ALAugust 5, 2017
Would highly recommend working for this company!!! Such a laid back place that makes it really easy for maybe a first job!! It isn't to stressful and gets easier as you go along!!
Pros
Discounts
Good
Salon Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RichmondhillJuly 7, 2017
As each Merle is individually owned and operated they are no two the same. The difference is how th individual run his or her business. The variations are vast I'm sure.
Excellent
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 3, 2017
I love working for this company. they have Great products and very helpful sales pitches. they also are very knowledgeable about there products. they have been in the cosmetic industry for 60 plus years.
Pros
very helpful
Cons
no healthcare
Great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guymon, OKJune 28, 2017
Great place to work. Salesmanship is a must. Must be able to count back change and ave great customer service skills. There is a little manual labor involved.
Busy Fast Growing Environment for Skin Care Company
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 10, 2017
A typical day consists of stocking, cleaning, sales, communication with customers, one-on-one makeup applications and lessons provided, sometimes the stores will sell boutique items. Lovely work environments for new graduating aestheticians or cosmetologists, sometimes nail techs too!
Pros
End of the Year Bonus
Cons
No Benefits
Fun and comfortable environment!
Nail Technician, Makeup Artist, Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working there under the management at the time! Both warm and inviting, it was a lovely place to be as an employee and customer! I learned a lot about what it takes to keep up with clients and how to build relationships.
Sales Associate & Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 14, 2017
Great company to work for, great management, great atmosphere, and committed to customers. I only left due to the birth of my first child, otherwise a great place to work.
Fun and inviting atmosphere
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMay 4, 2017
working at Merle Norman was a great experience for me. I learned a lot about cosmetics, fashion, and jewelry, I even helped set up displays for all of these different aspects of the job.
Pros
great manager
Cons
sometimes business was slow
I owned the business and could leave when i wanted to.
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 3, 2017
Merle Norman Cosmetics is a great company to work for. Owning it is a whole different story. Merle Norman Cosmetics does nothing really for the owners of the business. You have to bust your hump everyday just to make it in a small business. But for the most part i was able to leave when i wanted to. That was the best part about being a owner. I wish i could have kept the business open longer but got forced out due to being behind on rent. So now looking for a job at the age of 44. Its going to be a rough ride.But i will make it.I learned in this business that you have to always be stocked on merchandise or they will go to another Merle Norman.I know now that unless you have money to back up your business. Do not get into owning anything because you can get behind on things and end up like me Unemployed.
Pros
Free Makeup
Cons
Long Hours and No Pay Check
Slow work pace, but fun job
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 2, 2017
This job was very slow, but required a lot of makeup knowledge. I spent a lot of time studying in the beginning, but after I had learned the material then it was a relaxing job.