Merle Norman Cosmetics Employee Reviews

fun working inviroment
Office Manager/Make-up Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 4, 2015
I really like working here at Merle Norman Cosmetics because of the people I got to meet and the atmosphere that was provided.
The job was basic and i really didnt enjoy it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 2, 2015
It was low pay for all the hard work that was done, as well as they poor management . The Boss lost many of my checks and i worked very hard but never received the right amount of my money.
Merle Norman Cosmetics
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 27, 2015
Working at MN was a wonderful experience. Helping customers feel better about themselves and getting to know them as family was the highlight of the job. All the staff and the owner are outstanding and really care about the customers and enjoy their jobs.
Pros
Discounts on makeup.
Cons
None to report.
Fun but boring
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYOctober 20, 2015
Our store didn't get many customers, but it was fun being around all the beauty products and being able to assist what customers we did have.
Fun and easy workplace with great people
Cosmetic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaOctober 16, 2015
I've learned the pros and cons about cosmetics, the management is really organized, my coworkers were really nice,the hardest part if the job was cleaning the machines,the most enjoyable part of the job was working with great employers in a fast-paced always working as a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no benefits, low salary.
Fast paced with great co-workers
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 6, 2015
Very enjoyable job. All employees must be very educated about ALL products as well as makeup artistry skills and basic skin physiology . The store manager is a very good teacher and a fair boss. Work schedule is typical retail type schedule so I almost always worked on the weekend. Pay is very low, basically minimum wage, with a opportunity to earn commission but the pay checks don't make much sense and it seems very unfair. Typically the store doesn't exactly have a steady flow of customers but will be slow for a long time and then suddenly busy for a long time. Makeovers and lessons are regularly performed. Free facials are offered too. I learned a lot about proper technique for applying makeup to a customer and sanitation rules. Overall it was a very enjoyable job if you're okay with a low pay.
Pros
Able to earn store credit
Cons
Low pay
Long hours and bad management
Customer Service, Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Management is so bad. They put you to work for long hours by yourself. Low on employees so you can not call in in case of an emergency. She always does the schedule and never thinks about no one but her self
Interesting customers
Cosmetic Consultant (Full and Part time) (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work. Enjoyed working with management and customers. Broadened my knowledge with customer service and retail.
Good company
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 15, 2015
Owned & operated the business for 7 1/2 years. Loved having my own business and building relationship with customers. Enjoyed my co-workers and the positive work we all put in together.
Pros
own boss
Cons
Don't care when you leave
Great work place, you get to meet and work with a lot a nice people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLJuly 11, 2015
A great boss to work for, always made you strive to be more. Enjoyed working with different people and making them happy.
Great Team
Cosmetician and skin care technician (Former Employee) –  CosmeticsJuly 3, 2015
This was a fun place to work, wonderful team, great education. Enthusiastic team members. I spent most days testing products , doing customer service and assisting customers with new products and wigs.
Pros
Team
Cons
Commission work
Productive surroundings
Sales Cleerk (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJune 23, 2015
Great company to work for and allows for necessary time to attend to personal matters. Customer service is a strong point. Dealing with chemo patients for wig fitting is an admirable quality for the company to be a participant.

Stores are privately owned and differ with different opportunities.
fun and exciting workplace
Store Manager/ Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 12, 2015
Advise customer's on makeup, skin care, and color artistry. Demonstrate product knowledge on customer and perform special occasion makeovers. Most professional and friendly workplace.
Productive, but short term.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2015
A great location and solid knowledge base. Its a medium sized LAN, and enough to keep one busy. However, management politics makes MNC a risky long term prospect.
Pros
Excellent lunches
Fun, part time
sales (Current Employee) –  Concord NCApril 18, 2015
I am currently still employed at Merle Norman. I enjoy it, its fun and I have flexible hours. However, I want more and want to earn more money.
Pros
fun & flexible hours
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace for any Beauty Guru
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at Merle Norman consists of giving makeovers, facials, explaining products and giving excellent customer service and satisfaction. Working here I have learned an abundance of skin care necessities and applications. Management, while structured, is laid back and an easy going environment. My co-workers are very personable. The hardest part of my job was and is learning all of the different products that we sell, what their ingredients are, how they are applied, why they are beneficial, etc. Of course the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to play with makeup all day long and teaching others how to use it.
I enjoyed working there because I believe in the product and love the customers.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleair Bluffs, FlJanuary 23, 2015
I worked at this Merle Norman Franchise for seven years and really thought I would retire from there. Although there weren't benefits, I loved the owner and the location. I got along with my co-workers. We were like a family. The hardest part was when the owner was struggling with health issues as well as financial problems.
Pros
great owner, co-workers and customers. love the product.
Cons
the store closed.
Ok Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Merle Norman is slow at times, we need to be calling all the time. Managing and maintaining the studio is easy the hard part is working with people that don't want to work and owners that miss communicate with employees.
Pros
closed sundays, and early during the week
Cons
schedule is not steady
Creative job
Assistant Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I started working here while I was in cosmetology, they taught me a lot about makeup and skin care, how to sell, do inventory and do window displays.
hair products
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 18, 2014
job was fun to do while going to school full time but management wasn't strong

4.2