Merle Norman Cosmetics

Merle Norman Cosmetics Employer Reviews

There Is More to Make-up Than Meets the "Eye"!
Make-up Artist/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaJune 9, 2014
Loved, loved, loved this commission only position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creativity in applying make-up and the knowledge I gained in skin care.
Fun and up beat environment
Assistant Manager, Sales Associate, Make-up Artist (Former Employee), winston salem ncJune 4, 2014
my manager taught me alot about retail and customer service. I loved helping people find what looked best for them
This was a mother and daugher owned franchise. They were great to work for.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: it was a wonderful place to work.
Cons: there were no negatives about working there.
Merle Norman makes a high quality product and I thoroughly enjoyed working with the customers as well as the owners. Will always stand out as one of my favorite jobs.
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Loved working here, wish there was one i could work at closer to hom
Amazing workplace with amazing people
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXJanuary 14, 2014
I loved working at Merle Norman. I learned different techniques and styles of applying make up. A typical day at work would include makeovers for different events, facials, and skin assessments. I have learned how to manage a room quickly and efficiently while being alone. I have learned how to deal with angry or upset customers. The most enjoyable – more... part of this job was the makeovers. Not only did it make me more knowledgeable about different people and their skin, it made me closer to my customers and that helped me help and understand them better. – less
easy
Skin Care and Cosmetic Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 7, 2013
Pros: accommodates any schedule
Cons: no challenge
Very easy, you usually work alone except on Saturdays. It is fun to work with all different types of people and make them feel good about themselves.
N/A
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great helthcare
Great working experience with the Creative Team and other departments
Fun place
Beauty Consultant/Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CANovember 12, 2013
A really fun job if you like makeup and want to learn more and help people choose and learn themselves.
Productive and fun working place with make up and stylist everywhere.
Cashier (Current Employee), Ellijay, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: new friendships, learning about cosmetic products, meeting new people daily, bring a smile to the customers.
Cons: keeping all the products and untinsals in order and in place.
Answering phones, saling products, helping customers, running the register. I have learned coping skills, patients, tolerance, sales ability, and customer service. The hardest part of my Job is Making sure All the products and utinsal are kept in their rightful place. Most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people everday seeing old faces and creating – more... friendships along the way. – less
Sales & Service
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Sandersville, GA & Milledgeville, GAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: i get to meet many new people and help others when i can
Cons: healthcare, pay, hours, schedule, working some nights
Clean shelves
Call customers
Sale products
Inventory control
Perform skincare services
Perform Makeovers
Clean products
Organize products
Clean and Organize lesson material and back room
Check in Orders and put out
Mail thank you cards
I enjoy the time I get with customers, learning about them, helping them and showing them things and products that – more... can make them happy. I love to hear the wonderful stories of how I have really helped them out and how patient and understanding I am with them in trying to assist them with their purchases.
The hardest part is not getting enough hours nor pay. The schedule is placed on Facebook and most of the time not given to us until late Sunday afternoons or night. The inconvenience of waiting to plan dr. appointments or other clean up jobs to help pay bills.
Asking for more hours and pay after 3 years of work and being told I will not receive it. – less
Fun Job to start out with
Store Manager / Salon Manager (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: money
With this job I learned how to apply makeup. I also learned how to commutate between companies. The hardest part of the job was the pay but the must enjoyable part of the job was the hrs and the customers.
Owner Operator
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2013
- Marketing and Advertising
- Personel Training
- Retail Sales
- Inventory and purchasing
Quarter lunch
Sr. Cosmetic Compounder (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: cheap lunch
Cons: no salary increases
Fast Pace Work under pressure.Too much work not enough time to do it, No overtime is allowed.
I enjoyed this work place and the automosphere.
Sales/Inventory (Former Employee), Dothan, AlJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at work consist of selling, doing make overs. I was always learning something new about each individuals skin. I was very pleased with the management. My co workers were always great. The hardest part of the job was making sure my average goal for commission was were it needed to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was applying the – more... make up and make up and making sure each customer got what they needed for there skin. – less
it was a good place to work
packer (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAJune 5, 2013
in would work the first shift, the people there are very nice and really care about the employees
Excellent
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 18, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere.
Cons: want to be there too much to help others.
Excellent company to work for. They work with you on family needs and time off. I would recommend others to work here.
Fun customers who make it a joy to come to "work" as esthetics is my personal passion.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCApril 4, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my position was helping women to feel their best! I thoroughly enjoyed helping them with their skincare and makeup/beauty needs and doing makeovers on a daily basis. The cons included the management and lack of professionalism.
Easy but boring job
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beebe, ARMarch 14, 2013
Pros: take breaks whenever
Cons: lonly
This was another one of my favorite jobs. Working here was simple but alot of times it was just waiting for customers to come in so I could sell them something. Lol. Overall great job to have.
Overall rating is a great place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee), Lexington, NCMarch 4, 2013
Pros: my boss - i am treated like a person not a number.
Cons: no comment.
I open the studio earlier than posted (on the outside door) in hopes of receiving a paying customer that may have the attitude to run errands and move on with her personal errands.

In my job, I love making people feel good about themselves. I listen to a lot of their personal situations and try to say something positive to the customer. Whatever their – more... request may be, I try to make the customer feel good about the product that they have chosen. In return, the customer will enjoy the product and come back to purchase another one and maybe buy an additional product.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer returns back to me and wants to try a new product or ask my opinion about which product they should purchase. – less
Fun workplace with valuable experience
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 1, 2013
Pros: keyholder, open and close the store
Cons: i have to bring a lunch everyday
I love everything from my customers, to the company, products, and my flexibility.

About Merle Norman Cosmetics

Merle Norman Cosmetics has built a foundation by offering samples to customers through its "try before you buy" concept. Founded by – Read more