Merrill Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2016
Great company to work with. Lots of different job duty possibilities. The people were great to work with. Seriously. I got to start and finish a huge project while working on a team.
Nothing Further to add
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 4, 2016
I currently have no reviews for Merrill Corporation as they are now owned by DTI.

The previous management and staff have changed since my departure in 2013.
A good company to work for.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at walmart because they gave me chance to work in several department which gave me a lot of experiences and ability help out in any department in the case when help was needed.
Pros
Very successful company.
Cons
Teamwork was always a plus.
Typical Can't wait till this day ends!
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2015
The job isn't hard, pretty much can do it in your sleep. The job is just unorganized and unprofessional a lot of times. No one is ever on the same mindset. The pay is way less than you expect, especially when the job wants you to do more than you actually earn.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Decent Place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
Good work life balance, freedom. Not great on compensation. Company making a lot of cuts. Management is nice and friendly. Culture is friendly, everyone gets along.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Company selling off business lines. Don't know what will happen.
Great company that cares
Concierge/Receptionist / Client Services (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 2, 2015
Company management, staff and customers are great to work with. Busy during peak hours for customer services department, reception and visitors.
Productive and fun place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OhSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed this company, I am now on leave but I do not live in Ohio at the moment. My position is still open. I rather find a job in the health care as a companion.
Pros
free lunches incentives
Cons
breaks, lots of overtime
Second review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MassAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work but my department has now been sold.

I have been with Merrill for 10 years with a four year break.

I am now with DTI which is the company that bought us.
Pros
Cons
Sold
Great company to work with.
QA / Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 13, 2015
I would test our products, troubleshoot any issues we had with them, control the companies spending on office supplies, run automated scripts daily... I liked going out to lunches with my colleagues. The hardest part would be having to communicate technical things to computer illiterate people. I enjoyed working as a team.
Pros
Company anniversaries, lunches.
Cons
Lack of quality of employees.
Great place to work at
Senior Data Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2015
I loved working there and enjoyed the team and the challenges. The atmosphere is great and the overall experience wonderful.
Good culture...
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2015
Make your numbers and your fine...a bit on the political side, but if your smart you can navigate.

Recent changes in management are a good thing, looking for changes on the horizon for not only the company but the employees...
Pros
Autonomy, fun to work...
Cons
Money...difficult market...
I went to merrill only as a copy operator. But I lean a hole lot form them. merrill was my second family.
Document Service Representative / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
When I started at Merrill all I new was how to copy. But I wanted more. so when i had down time I ask my manager can I help in the mail room and he sad yes. so I did . when ever we had down time i lean how to take in Fed Ex ups mail carriers to come pick up packages. We also had hospitality department. I new nothing about. When I knew how to do everything in the mail room I ask can I help out in hospitality when they need help and he said. so I lean how to do it. I lean pretty much everything I know I Lean form merrill. you get to work with people how don't like you but I know how to work around it. I like my job and do what i do. I became a supervisor in a short time of a new manager. I have fun doing my job and I lean it all from merrill.
Pros
WE had a hour lunch.
Cons
I wish we had a short breav
Merril Corp
back up to the On-site Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 13, 2015
A typical day was slow, the work decreased over time. However, I am grateful that I was able to learn how office services worked in a Firm environment. With the exception of the site managers, the operational managers never really knew what was going on, on the day to day procedures, changes in procedures, and couldn't provide adequate direction. I appreciated my co-workers, it seem like everyone were knowledgeable and friendly. The hardest part of my job, I would say having to deal with management and not knowing how secure my job was. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say my co-workers and how we supported each other.
Pros
Co-workers and family atmosphere
Cons
Micro management of holidays amd personal days. Management.
Good company to work for
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed the people at Merrill and loved working there. Management is great to work with as well. Was hired as a admin assistant and was promoted to a Telecom Analyst in my first year.
Too Much of a business trasanction
IT (Former Employee) –  st paulJune 18, 2015
This place completely derailed my career. They were constantly restructuring with no consistency in which direction they wanted to head. They would get excited about going in a certain direction but then it would fizzle out and restructure again. There also was no culture there. I never got the impression that they cared about their employees or wanted to create a fun culture that would encourage innovative and creative ways of doing business. A good place to go if you need a job but I would not switch jobs and go here like I did. Biggest mistake of my career so far.
N/a
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2015
Enjoyed working with Merrill Corporation. Nice staff great Manager. Very caring, understanding. Would work for them again if I was still in the state.
I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a job.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 11, 2015
I worked for Merrill Corporation for many years, starting out as a CSR and moving up to a Team Lead. In all my years at Merrill Corporation I do not have one bad thing to say about them, and I would go back to working for them in a heartbeat. The Management Team was wonderful, and always went above and beyond to help their staff to be able to enjoy a balance of life and work without sacrificing anything. Merrill is also great about promoting from within, rather than outsourcing their positions, if they have the right employee for the job that is applying. Unfortunately, I was let go in 2008 when the economy took a dive and they had to cut staff nationwide, or I would still be there today. All reviews that I had ever had there were fair and just, even the bad reviews were all fair and I learned from them.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
I love my job as a Manager.
OFFICE SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
I love my job as a Manager for this company. I learned a lot and a lot of different things as a Manager on how to treat people and respect people. The hardest part of this job was going home.
Small town company
Sr. Major Incident and Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 18, 2015
This company is a small town type of company. Still a lot of politics in play. There is not much room for advancement solely because of the size of the company. They are getting new employees that know IT and know what big businesses do. However, because of the way the management work there, they are not willing to step up and hold people accountable. It is frustrating at best.
Pros
Up and coming place to work. Great benefits and awesome staff.
Cons
No lunch room on site.
Office Space
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2015
The offices reflect a scene from Office Space. Most work revolved around supporting applications written 12+ years ago. There was some new development but everything had to interact with VERY old and unstable environments.

My personal manager was great but communication overall was very poor. Merrill Corp is a place developers go to die. There is no opportunity for advancement and why would anyone want to.

I would recommend Merrill Corp to no one. There are some developers that are there over 20 years but they are needed to support the manual processes they introduced and no one can figure out how to automate them as well as the VB6 and Access apps still running in production.