Merrill Corporation Employee Reviews

The company is change the Oracle DB to big data architecture.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
this is a good company.
However, the company is change the Oracle DB to big data architecture. So Oracle DBAs job will be gone in less than 6 months
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Good pay and benefits
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 12, 2017
Comfortable work environment. Constant restructuring and layoffs made for an poor morale. Enjoyed working on the team and learning new skills. Management team was helpful.
good at the beginning
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2017
My boss had been there for 27 years then left to our biggest competitor after i had been there 8 months. they terminated my whole team as a result. Be careful when considering working for this company.
competitive workplace very bisness like
Pressroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 20, 2017
Pressroom supervisor for 0ver 20 years good people skills. have knowledge of computers, tools, good at solving problems. teaching, listening, and working with people i ordered supplies and ran pressroom and did most maintenance on printing equipment also took care of the Facility inside and out. knowledge of carpentry, plumbing,and some electrical.
Pros
Had a BBQ at at lest once a month in summer time
Cons
all good
Great team to work with.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
As a member of the customer team, I had the pleasure of creating strong working relationships. My chosen career path lead me to Metro North Railroad leaving Merrill on favorable terms.
Pros
Strong team
Cons
Bad hours, overnight
The best company ever
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  usApril 9, 2017
Merrill DataSite have a great team of management. Colleagues are all nice and supportive. They have absolute friendly culture and the best teamwork ever.
Excellent company
Admin Assistant / HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 26, 2017
Everyone worked together to ensure that everything was completed

Always had tasks to complete so never slowed down

Everyone was always willing to help everyone else

A shame company moved out of state
great company to work for
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 7, 2017
I was a temporary employee and company has since sold out to business in TX but while I was there I enjoyed the people I worked with and the culture and employees were great.
Fun Place To Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2017
A great place to work
A nice balance of work
A great work environment
Great benefits
A nice place to retire
I would work at this place again
Pros
Nice People
Excellent work environme3nt
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 13, 2017
People work together to be the best. My direct supervisor was great. Great location and commute. Peer group was outstanding
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Ownership changed corporate structes continually
Productive and interesting company
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Worked for the company for years and adapted to many changes. Overall a very good company with good benefits. Many employees with long service records and a very good culture to work in.
All locations ahve a great work ethic.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Dedicated employees working in an intense Global marketplace with tight deadlines. Service offering to the Fortune 1000 in multiple verticals.
Pros
employee friendly, great clients
Cons
strategy
Demanding. The Juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Lead Support Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 1, 2017
typically your are on your feet all day taking over unfinished projects left behind, correcting mistakes, copying paper, rushing to meet deadlines and compensating for poor talent. I have learned how to work efficiently under tight deadlines, and understand the production process. The work place culture was pretty fun, everyone has their own opinion. The older you are and more responsibilities you have outside of work, the more stressful the environment because of the low compensation. The job is relatively easy and the most enjoyable part about the job is the team.
Pros
Great Teamwork and plenty of overtime.
Cons
low wages.
Minimal direction, support and lack of understanding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MNJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work - Rushing throughout the day with ambiguous instruction.

Culture prides itself on favoritism and those that have been employed the longest. In which a lack of empathy for new comers who aren't able to measure up.

Lots of reporting back to managers regarding performance - Examples would include receiving help and specific interactions
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
Stress with little to no breaks
Extremely time consuming; no personal or family life; set culture and difficult to mix without upper management support
Northern California Lead (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Managed a staff of technical operators. Kept and maintained professional relations with other managers and departments. Ensure quality and deadlines of staff within high pressure deadlines.
Pros
Located near home; salary was fair at that time
Cons
Required more flexible working schedule such as grave yard shift.
Great place to work, but management neglects their assocaites
SENIOR BUSINESS SOLUTIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working at Merrill, but while I was there, many people got laid off, departments got eliminated, all in a cost-cutting sweep.
The management at Merrill often forgets who the people are who got them there in the first place.
Pros
Work/Life Environment
Cons
Advancement and Salaries
Great place to work, with good benefits and caring co-workers/management
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  St Cloud, MNDecember 5, 2016
A typical day starts with answering emails from co-workers and clients. Then, its onto following up with clients and completing any work left from the day before and completing daily reports. The afternoon entails processing the mail/payments and inputting orders into the database. Also, throughout day taking phone calls from our customers. I had great co-workers that were always willing to help out, especially during deadline times. I was able to advance my learning in excel, outlook, Alliance and online databases through Merrill. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of accomplishment in getting the work done in a timely manner and meeting all deadlines.
Pros
Great apprciation for the coummunity and their empolyees. Merrill was very involved with United Way.
Cons
Since the last recession, pay increases were not very frequent.
Very good employer
Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 17, 2016
Merrill is an excellent company to work for as they offered good compensation and great benefits. I would have gave people a good review on Merrill if they were looking for a job. I was treated very fairly as an employee. Hard work was recognized by upper management. Merrill had tools in place to help an employee to strive at the workplace.
Pros
Great team to help manage and everyone was on the same page.
Cons
Unfortunately due to losing a large customer they were forced to layoff departments
Great company
RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2016
Great company to work with. Lots of different job duty possibilities. The people were great to work with. Seriously. I got to start and finish a huge project while working on a team.
Nothing Further to add
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 4, 2016
I currently have no reviews for Merrill Corporation as they are now owned by DTI.

The previous management and staff have changed since my departure in 2013.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merrill Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval