Merrill Gardens, a top owner and operator of Independent and Assisted Living communities in the United States is looking for a Bookkeeper (Business Office Manager) with a passion for Seniors for our newest property at Campbell! Get in on the ground floor – literally!
If you like working in an environment where you can use your leadership skills, work in a team environment and provide customer “delight” to seniors, their families and team members, we'd like to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include: managing "accounts payable", "accounts receivable", collections of outstanding accounts and all processes required to prepare and bill private pay and insurance methods of payment. You will also maintain proper documentation on the community's financial transactions and residents' files, reconcile bank statements, asset and liability accounts, oversee cash receipts/deposits, and maintain journal entries pertaining to month-end close.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning and Organizing
- Business Acumen
- Hiring and Staffing
- Developing Direct reports and others
- Customer focus
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or extensive experience (5 years) in the accounting field
- Senior housing and/or healthcare environment preferred
- Written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with interruptions and with multiple deadlines including payroll and accounting.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing
- Regular and timely attendance
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- Yardi or MRI software experience preferred
Merrill Gardens is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. We provide a very competitive pay and benefits package, including vacation, sick and holiday pay. We are also an equal opportunity employer looking for Team Members that are driven to provide the best!