Merrill Gardens, a top owner and operator of Independent and Assisted Living communities in the United States is looking for Maintenance Supervisor with a passion for Seniors for our property at Campbell!
If you like working in an environment where you can use your leadership skills, work in a team environment and provide customer “delight” to seniors, their families and team members, we'd like to hear from you.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall integrity of the building. These responsibilities include the mechanical/physical plant as well as maintaining the interior and exterior aesthetics of the community. The Maintenance Supervisor will also help in the direction, training and support of direct support staff.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hiring and Staffing
- Developing Direct reports
- Customer focus/Teamwork
- Planning & Organizing
- The basic qualifications for the successful candidate include:
o Working knowledge of electrical & plumbing systems,
o Floor care and HVAC, basic appliance knowledge,
o Working knowledge of budgets, basic prep and painting abilities, basic vehicle inspection abilities with minimal maintenance knowledge,
o Demonstrate ability to prioritize and multi-task as well as supervise 1-4 people.
- Additionally, this position must be able to lift up to 60 lbs., carry up to 40 lbs., and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Communicate in both written and spoken English and be at least 25 years of age.
- Computer skills to help maintain reports, logs and file system.
- Able to obtain their First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Having an understanding of alarms, E-Call systems or the ability to be trained, the ability to obtain EPA certification within 90 days of hire, working knowledge of fire suppression, irrigation systems and basic elevator knowledge are a plus.
Merrill Gardens is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. We provide a very competitive pay and benefits package, including vacation, sick and holiday pay. We are also an equal opportunity employer looking for Team Members that are driven to provide the best!
Equal Opportunity Employer