Merrill Gardens, a family owned company and a top operator of assisted living retirement communities in the country, is looking for a Charge Nurse for our community in Austin, TX (Parmer Woods). The Nurse is responsible for overseeing the needs of the residents who are on Assisted Living Services. The Nurse is accountable to their state nurse practice regulations in the provision of their duties. The Nurse is expected to provide customer "delight" to the residents of the community following basic protocols and standards of care in all interactions while preserving dignity, enhancing independence, providing choice and respecting individuality.
Current LPN or RN licensed in Texas
- Minimum one-year experience in nursing (preferably geriatric care).
- Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Passion for seniors by providing customer "delight"
- First Aide/CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English
- Ability to physically provide assistance with resident care
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 60 lbs., push/pull up to 40 lbs., carry up to 30 lbs., frequent standing
- Ability to obtain a food handlers permit, if required
- At least 18 years of age
- Regular and timely attendance
We have two open positions at this time. The first is the 6 AM to 2 PM shift and the second is the 2 PM to 10 PM shift.
If you are passionate about providing a high level, respectable community for our seniors to live, we encourage you to apply to this ad!
Merrill Gardens provides; medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k), life insurance, vacation, sick time, holidays, and an EAP program. Merrill Gardens is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. Merrill Gardens is also an Equal Opportunity Employer!