Merrimack College Employee Reviews

Great Coaches in a team first atmosphere.
Assistant Offensive Line Coach (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 22, 2017
During the season, we all come in and game plan for each opponent every week as well as prepare for each and every day. We all work to be on the same page with what we are planning to do, so that there is no confusion between the coaches and the players. We make sure to do a good job preparing each and every week for our opponent.
Fun
Fitness and Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Its a fun time, you get to meet a lot of people, and the community is awesome. All in all i recommend this school to any new college student.
Students are more receptive to new ideas here
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJanuary 16, 2017
It was a pleasure being involved with staff and students at Merrimack. I hope that my students continue to develop and grow in all their educational and business adventures.
Merrimack College
Telemarketing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 10, 2016
Working at the school was a great experience as a student. It was fun working with other students and I really liked the friendly competition environment. Work was very laid-back and as long as we got our work done, we were allowed to have fun!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJuly 10, 2016
I love working at Merrimack College. The Co-workers and managers are all excellent. The people are all nice to work with...and you get plenty of time off for vacations and holidays. Its a very positive work environment.
Pros
Great place to work plenty of paid time off
Cons
not always being recognized for doing a great job
Community Service
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 27, 2016
I performed community service at GLFHC and work with children to try help them live healthier lives. It was a good experience and I feel I made a difference.
Very good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 6, 2016
Really good experience, they have treated me as family, I work with a really good professor from who I have learned a lot.
great
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2016
awesoem place, awesome job, awesome to be a pasrt of, really happyn i chose this, good pay, good perks, great staff, all motivated.
Sodexo Internship
Sodexo Internship (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 1, 2016
Working with mentors in HR and Marketing that create a fun work environment. I am learning Marketing techniques while also learning more about the HR department. I create surveys, manage the online website for the company and market to student body at Merrimack College for Sodexo.
Full of excitement and creative thinking
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 23, 2015
Total overview of running an athletic department whether it dealt with the logistics , operational, budgeting, marketing, planning , and the teamwork atmosphere was just an incredible experience.
Pros
Experience business side of sports
Cons
no pay

Want to know more about Merrimack College?

Ask a question
School of Science & Engineering - Civil/Mechanical/Electrical
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 2, 2015
I loved my job, especially working with the students seeing them come in as babies and leaving with a degree that they will do the rest of their lives. It was a rewarding job. The faculty/staff that I worked with were excellent and I will miss that. There are a lot of good people at Merrimack.
Pros
Faculty and students
Cons
Job security
Class project that a group of 15 kids put together.
Research Project (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 18, 2015
Our environmental economics class came together to form a powerpoint on the energy industry. Including geothermal, nuclear, hydro etc. Our financial and economic research proved to be a great learning experience for the Newburyport High School students.
Active environment
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 22, 2015
Working there as a student helped me to grow personally and socially. Overall, it is good environment and good people. The big problem is finding parking space on campus.
Pros
getting paied
Cons
parking
Merrimack Review
Advancement Services Specialist (Gift Processor) (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 4, 2014
I processed donations to the college and distributed them to the appropriate funds. Duties listed on resume.
very productive
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 3, 2014
very good place to work with the faculty.
very easy going and freindly environment to work
Higher Ed
Budget Director/ Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 30, 2014
great place to work
great work life balance
that is all I prefer to share at this time
Growing College
Office of Campus Life (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJuly 10, 2013
This college is growing rapidly. It will be a top 10 college in no time.
Productive and fun workplace
Ticket Office Manager (Graduate Assistant) (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 9, 2013
I was able to work freely on things that were assigned to me and Merrimack really allowed me to develop my organizational and teamwork skills.
Day to day intervention with students, working with them one-on-one was extremely rewarding.
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 28, 2012
90% of my work day was working directly with students living in dorms. Many of the students needed assistance with maintenance issues, dealing with other students and many just wanted to talk about their day.

I learned that it was necessary to be flexible and have the ability to have strong people skills. I dealt with other staff, police services, parents all the time.

I always got along with other staff. I am extremely professional and I was aware how I interected with others.

The hardest part of the position was dealing with students who were under the influence of alcohol. I would have to call police services to have them transported to a hospital. It was tough to take their verbal abuse, but I realized it was a part of the position.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the gradification received when I helped students.
Pros
being able to make important decisions on my own in a split second.
Cons
no cons.
very friendly co-workers
Custodian (Current Employee) –  north andover, ma.December 20, 2012
co-workers go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
Pros
excellant benefits
Cons
pay is not great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merrimack College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3