Merrimack College Employee Reviews

Easy Job as Physics LA
Physics I and II Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 26, 2017
As an LA, you don't need to correct homework or tests, just assist the students when learning physics. If you are good at physics and are okay with spending two class periods a week assisting people, then take the position if possible
Fellow/Graduate Assistant
Graduate Research Fellow - Biomechanics Lab (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 19, 2017
Great atmosphere for dedicated, driven individuals. Opportunities to collaborate and work together with faculty and students!
Service, scholar, and teaching are highly valued and looked for among candidates; the school Is constantly growing and expanding. A place to grow as a professional as well as to build upon and enhance your current skills, abilities, and experiences!
Pros
close knit, community, close to city, clean, respected
Cons
depends what department you are in
Great part-time work for students!
Student Facilities Worker (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MANovember 28, 2017
Very flexible in allowing students to work part time which is great!
Completed work orders such as: setting up for events, rearranging apartment rooms, moving appliances
Campus maintenance such as weeding, edging, leaf blowing, leaf removal, mowing, general clean up
Engaging, fun, challenging and productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 27, 2017
I truly enjoyed the students - always ready to be challenged and to challenge. Fun and productive.

I got a lot of support as I embarked on my new role as an adjunct professor.
work you can feel good about
Assistant Director of a Department (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MANovember 26, 2017
a school that is growing and developing by leaps and bounds.
Sincerely care about their students and helping them to succeed. Employees have ample opportunity to be involved in campus events and activities to get to know students in a more informal setting.
Great College
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 19, 2017
Merrimack College is an amazing liberal arts college. Great education, great friends, great campus, fun activities, great out of school activities, dorm life is fun
Pros
great colle
Cons
no cons
Club sports intern for class credits
Club Sports Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me interacting with the leaders from different club sports teams to identify any needs or wants they may have for the season or upcoming season the following semester. I also filed a lot of paperwork, as well as created a balance sheet for all sports teams on Google in order to keep track of all finances. A big part of my job was to create a practice/game schedule for the teams playing during the spring semester, letting the captains know when there was open field time, as well as interacting with some of the varsity coaches. I also facilitated all the transportation for the club teams if they were to travel to another college to play a match. The best part of the job was the fact that it counted as credit for a class, as well as it was right on campus and integrated well into my class schedule. So each day I could go to my internship to and from class. The hardest part of the job came from the lack of management and communication from my supervisor. It made my job much harder because it lacked a sense of direction.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Bad supervisor
Excellent Workplace
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 23, 2017
Great work place to be apart of! A lot of amazing people apart of the Merrimack Community. There is a lot of work being done in the athletic department, as Merrimack is growing into a larger school and athletic department. Many great things to come!
Position Changes
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 22, 2017
Hired to work in one department, shifted without discussion, hours changed without discussion 2 years into job, promised raise and never happened. Many changes, with a lot of office politics from people not in positions not qualified to make these decisions.
Pros
Have gained a lot of experience in this position
Cons
Office politics
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 4, 2017
Fantastic 4 years as a student, great environment not only to learn new things, but make lifelong friendships. The atmosphere at Merrimack is very community oriented and you feel that from the first day you step on campus until the last.
Fun Environment
Varsity Athlete Volleyball (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of Merrimack is the support from fellowship and the culture. Everyone is accepting and supportive. The teachers come from all over the world so the diversity is a plus.
Pros
Environment
Cons
size
Great College
Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 10, 2017
a small school with big school benefits

i really enjoy being a student-athlete here, giving me multiple opportunities to succeed but i really enjoy the opportunities i get to give back to the community that i grew up in and show them that hard work can get you places
Learning and Leadership Experience
Orientation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 14, 2017
I have been able to gain ample experience through major professional staff at the school giving myself specific tasks and responsibility. 10/10. 10/10.
Great Coaches in a team first atmosphere.
Assistant Offensive Line Coach (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 22, 2017
During the season, we all come in and game plan for each opponent every week as well as prepare for each and every day. We all work to be on the same page with what we are planning to do, so that there is no confusion between the coaches and the players. We make sure to do a good job preparing each and every week for our opponent.
Fun
Fitness and Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Its a fun time, you get to meet a lot of people, and the community is awesome. All in all i recommend this school to any new college student.
Students are more receptive to new ideas here
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJanuary 16, 2017
It was a pleasure being involved with staff and students at Merrimack. I hope that my students continue to develop and grow in all their educational and business adventures.
Merrimack College
Telemarketing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 10, 2016
Working at the school was a great experience as a student. It was fun working with other students and I really liked the friendly competition environment. Work was very laid-back and as long as we got our work done, we were allowed to have fun!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJuly 10, 2016
I love working at Merrimack College. The Co-workers and managers are all excellent. The people are all nice to work with...and you get plenty of time off for vacations and holidays. Its a very positive work environment.
Pros
Great place to work plenty of paid time off
Cons
not always being recognized for doing a great job
Community Service
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 27, 2016
I performed community service at GLFHC and work with children to try help them live healthier lives. It was a good experience and I feel I made a difference.
Very good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 6, 2016
Really good experience, they have treated me as family, I work with a really good professor from who I have learned a lot.