Merrimack Special Education Collaborative Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very rewarding to see struggling students graduate with their diplomas.
Administrative Assistant to Principal (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 10, 2013
A typical day at the vocational high school/office is always unpredictable. Working with troubled/special education high school students always presents many challenges. I am the only support individual in the building supporting the principal, teachers and vocational staff. The main entrance to and from school is always through my office. So in addition to handling the administrative duties, I always have people traffic through the office. I answer all incoming phones for the principal, teachers and vocational staff. I receive daily calls from parents, various school districts, transportation companies, state agencies, customers, and our own administration. I set up student meetings on a daily basis. I have to handle basic first aide to students when needed until a nurse arrives. Daily maintenance of various student records occurs. Various monthly reports have to be maintained. Nine times a year, I prepare student progress reports/report cards. Being in a smaller school means that the staff have to work together as a team and have a good sense of humor. I enjoy working as a team. At the end of every school day, staff is required to attend a staff meeting to discuss the day's activities. The hardest part of the job is when you plan out your day to accomplish several tasks, and many times it doesn't happen because student issues always come up and have to be handled promptly. But at the end of the school year when graduation takes place, it is always rewarding to see students graduate and that the staff at the high school has made a difference in their lives.
Pros
i have a 1 mile commute. school hours are 7:30-3:30 and i work only 200 days a year.
Cons
no scheduled lunch or breaks during the day.
Great place to work and learn
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2012
high pace but management is supportive of its employees.
co-workers seem to be at MSEC for the right reasons.
A fun and educational experience.
Teacher, Liaison, and Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 14, 2012
At this school I was able to work closely with students and participate in helping them grow into positive young adults.
My co-workers were energetic, positive, and remain good friends.

4.8