Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Súper confortable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2017
Excelente bueno dinámico seguro confortable $:!:!)
Good place if u have no other option
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 7, 2017
I loved to clean my own house and would clean others on my Sapir time so ya why not work for a company that cleans. Get into the business but we were always rushed told we needed to finish homes in less then 1-2 hrs. But then when we do we’re always going back to fix something and that’s time not payed for. It’s thought when there’s only 2 sometimes just one person cleaning this huge house with 4 bathrooms and 6 rooms 3 living rooms. It’s a lot of work your back hurts your constantly sick because of all the dust bunnies and it’s really not that much pay for all the hard work on your body. Ya it’s little he’s I could put my kid in drop in and still come out. But it really made me not like cleaning. Sorry. Great bosses tho if u worded hard.
Pros
Good hours willing to work with school.
Cons
Not payed as well as I thought. Not busy enough.
Good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 7, 2017
Good place to work. The company has good leadership that takes pride in providing the same quality of work each and every time in order to ensure repeat customers.
Great start to the cleaning business if you're interested
Housecleaner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2017
I would go into the branch every morning at 7, and get a sheet with 2 to four houses to go to and clean. I t was independent work; so, they would supply us with the cleaning gear, then I would drive out to the designated houses and clean the entire house for a few hours each or however much they suggested to be cleaned. I got to see a lot of awesome places, and take lots of nice drives out into the country which was really nice. It almost didn’t feel like work, and it was so fulfilling to be doing something that made a huge difference in others’ lives. I would receive great reviews and thanks from the families and that always brightened my day. This job was the starter on opening up my eyes to more freedom in work, and more flexibility, as well as sort of being my own boss. I enjoyed doing everything on my own. Sometimes it would be a hard load, but to know you finished everything on your own without any help was a great feeling. this job helped me to use my skills of awareness and perception. As well as service. I would do little extra things to make a difference in my cleaning jobs. I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my work, so that allowed me to execute properly every time I would clean. I love to help others out, and not only did this job make me appreciate those who clean up after others, but it gave me an amazing perspective on my own life and my own cleanliness. I was inspired to start doing more types of work that fulfilled a greater purpose after this.
Pros
freedom, driving my own car
Cons
not very many hours. pay was determined by the number of houses we were assigned
They hire heroin addicts
Team Mate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 5, 2017
I was a maid for 4 months, and had to find a different job because I was constantly placed with the one girl who was a heroin addict. They were fully aware of her drug problems, as she would show up high every single day, and then they would place me in her hardly working car. Her car literally stalled out on the freeway one day while I was present. I witnessed her steal so many things from houses, yet management didn't do anything about it. The girl still works there, and has worked there for 4 years, actively using.
Can be a fun place to work. Owners care about their employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2017
I worked for this company for 14 years. Most important is to be reliable. You'll work with mostly women, some men. Uniform is provided. The more homes you clean the more money you will make. If you take pride in your work, that's a plus!
Face paced work place
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company but the pay could have been slightly higher for the work the cleaners put in. Hardest part about the job was never knowing your hours. I enjoyed my fellow peers I worked beside.
Pros
Getting to know your clients which makes your job easier
Cons
not getting paid in between houses
Horrible family run business
Staff (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 30, 2017
Owners bought a franchise, but that doesn't necessarily mean they know how to run a business or treat people right. Horrible experience. Family problems, including their daughter, who owns the home care company next door, seep into business operations. Stay away unless you love drama.
Pros
Hardworking cleaners
Cons
Poor leadership, low pay and limited benefits, family drama
Worst place to work
Maid (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 29, 2017
Everyone was very rude, didn't teach you anything about the job and would wait until you came in for work before saying "You weren't a good fit for the job."
No place to move up
Maid (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 28, 2017
Don't get me wrong i loved my job but theres not much room to move up. Your always going to be a cleaner, but they work well with when you need days off and appointments. Awesome Staff and some of th girls are mean but you can always find a friend to travel with. I didn't like that they didnt offer compensation for gas since you drive your own vehicle. Lots of wear and tear driving, even on a new car.
Cons
driving your own vehicle
produtive
Maid (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed this job it kept me in good shape .It was nice we could work as a team or on our own. I enjoyed getting to know my customer needs and like. In doing such I was able to insure they would come home to everything up to standard for each individual.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun people to work with
Maid (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 20, 2017
The people you work with are awesome. You get paid weekly and the pay is nice. You make at least $12 an hour. You must be over 18 and have a valid drivers license and proof of insurance.
Pros
Weekly pay
Bad
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 15, 2017
Drama
Hatred
Jealousy
Spiteful
Unprofessional
They expect so much and treat you like a child or inmate of some sort.
Don’t know how to run the game so they point fingers and blame everyone else for their failures.
Don’t want you to do better than them and are intimidated by great workers.
Blast all employees failures amongst the whole company and on the daily schedule board.
Instead of compliments they degrade you.
Very discouraging instead of encouragement they bash you.
This place has very bad energy I recommend you stay away from here. Honestly and truthfully
Pros
Friendly customers and cute pets
Cons
Dysfunctional company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98902November 15, 2017
A typical day at Merry Maids was meeting at the office at 8:30am and loading up the vehicle with our cleaning supplies and finding out what our day looked like. From there we would head out to our first house by 9am, then once finished there we were on to our next few homes, at the end of the day we drove back to the office, unloaded our vehicles for the day, and turned in our paperwork before heading home.
Pros
amazing coworkers and manager, great hours.
Cons
no benefits, small pay
Stressful. Cut throat. No respect for employees.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Jeffersontown, KYNovember 12, 2017
Little pay for alot of back breaking work.
Continuously added on more jobs at end of day.
Owners had no idea what they were doing.
Procedures changed every few months.
You can get a job done in 2 hours or 5 hours and get paid the same.
Paid by the job- not by the hour.
Jobs are under bid.
Pros
No weekend work.
Cons
Long hours, under paid, management is horrible.
Office management says one thing, and does another.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 8, 2017
Management doesn't believe their staff's word on a job, management will change policies to suit them, without notifying their employees until the employee is in need of said policy.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No breaks for lunch, and you drive your own car
Fast paced and hard work
Housekeeping, Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners, (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILNovember 5, 2017
A typical day consists of cleaning and sanitizing. Learn cleaning and sanitation techniques. Decent management. Fast workplace culture.
Hard part of the job is moving from work site to work site. I enjoyed meeting the clients
Pros
No shortage of work
Cons
Lots of driving
Great working environment
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Eustis, FLNovember 3, 2017
Great place to work as I am part owner but would like to do something other than this. I supervise ten employees as well as help with day to day tasks such billing, sales, training, and equipment repair. I also do customer service such as taking care of complaints, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
Pros
great working environment, great management, good pay
Good, honest work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32250November 2, 2017
Good way to get back into the workforce. Good and honest hard work. Great stepping stone to next job. Great place to develop teamwork with a fantastic and pleasant customer base.
Workplace
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 1, 2017
Very relaxed environment to work. Work can sometimes be hard and messy. But the people were a joy to work with. They provide health and dental insurance to their employees who would like to have them.
Pros
Paid vacations, health insurance, 401k
Cons
Sometimes not paid enough for the homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7