Merry Maids Employee Reviews

it had its pros and cons
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505February 20, 2017
it was a fast passed job, I loved the employees, customers, and my boss but the hours where hard you had to be flexible and not easy to do with kids. it was also hard on your car that you had to drive all the time.
Good People
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work all in all. Hard on your body and no time for a lunch most days! My boss was amazing and the girls I worked with were great! Customers are what they are anywhere you have the good ones and the bad ones.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
No time for breaks and no benifits
Poor management, Newark Delaware branch
Captain (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2017
Worst place to work for. Very poor management health care benefits very expensive . No bonuses, you will usually end your shift at 7:30 at night, they make your drive at least one hour away from office. Manager very rude no professionalism. I will not recommend working here.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Health care, poor management, hours
Wonderful Place to Work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIFebruary 13, 2017
The owner was super nice and understanding. She always thinks of her employees. Down Part is that you use your own vehicle to get to your houses
Cons
You can't call in sick.
Not too bad
MAID SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Enjoyed traveling to different homes, and the team environment. Cool, and friendly environment. Compensated mileage so that was considerate and you get tips every once in a while from clients.
okay work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I got stuck cleaning bathrooms all the time because certain team leaders wouldn't do it plus the wear and tear on your car and the rude customers.....
Pros
not bad over all
Cons
stuck doing the bathroom's all the time and floors
Day on the job
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 5, 2017
Clean houses for 3 to 4 hours a day. You only get 24% of the quoted price so if you clean a house that pays 500 dollars you get 60.
Great coworkers and management
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Eaat Troy, WIFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Merry Maids. I met a variety of people. It was a fast paced environment. I didn't get paid by the hour. I got paid per job and what management had bid it on. That had its advantages and disadvantages. Some of the houses were dirtier and needed more cleaning. Even though it took more time to clean I was only paid for the amount of time it was bid at. I left because I had to have a cervical fusion and could no longer wash floors on my hands and knees.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
A lot of driving personal vehicle between jobs.
Forget having a life and your safety
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 3, 2017
I only worked here a short time but it was the most over worked and draining time of my life, not even the the kindness and sweetness of the employees or the pay could make me stay.
I worked 8 to 9 hours every day, cleaning 3 to 4 houses, but I had to work Saturdays to make the promised $500 a week. So in turn I worked 6 days a week, over 40 hours. I had no time to even clean my own house.
To add insult to injury, they never took note of things that could hurt their employees, (examples: client was diabetic and threw their needles away in the trash, I almost got stabbed picking up the trash, we weren't told we were supposed to get the client to take it out. lastly Throwing away adult diapers)
Pros
Sweetest people I've ever worked with, Pay was amazing.
Cons
Poorly informed staff, health hazards
I really enjoyed working for Merry Maids, bosses were very nice
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 25, 2017
Merry Maids is a pretty good company to work for worth it especially because of the medical benefits the only downfall for me is we had to use our own transportation
Pros
We had some pretty good medical benefits
Cons
Sometimes we didn't have time for a break
fun, great people
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 19, 2017
great employment! Fun coworkers, very understanding of personal stuff going on in peoples lives. very fast pace, sometimes can be hard work but I love the work!
Pros
the breaks in bewtween houses!! :)
Cons
long days sometimes, than some days its to short of days
The clents are great.
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2017
My clients loved me and I loved them. I got to spend time with people that I like and their dogs. My co-workers were kind and nice.
Stressful
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYJanuary 18, 2017
The owner doesn't have a care for her employees and its a very hostile environment to work in. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No direct deposit, no holiday pay, no vacation, no benefits
Merry Maids is a good company
Office Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GaJanuary 17, 2017
Merry Maids was a good company to work for. But this particular Merry Maids had a manager like no other. The building they rented was full of mold and the manager would not do anything about it. I feel the girls that worked there was treated unfairly. But as far as the company, it was a good company to work for.
Family Friendly Work Environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 15, 2017
When you work at Merry Maids, it is like becoming a part of a family. We all look out for each other and help one another out. Team work is definitely noticeable here. However, the compensation needs improvement. Most people don't realize how hard cleaning can be, especially when customers have specific needs/wants. Therefore, with the amount of work there is each day, when you see your paycheck, it's almost like working for free. There are no real lunch breaks. You have to eat on the go everyday that's if you have time in between houses to eat or grab something from fast food. This job is not for the faint of heart, you must have the easy going mentality to make it here.
I work with kids before and I love it
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 13, 2017
I clean houses love my job like making people feel good when they get home from work I work everyday I clean about 3 to 4 houses a day
Great coworkers
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 12, 2017
The job is far from glamourous but the owners, Mrs. Darci and Mr. Mike are great people to work for. Only wish they had medical benefits.
Cons
Healthcare
hard working
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I am very hard working and very flexible i have been able to do several different kinds of fields in my work experiance and i am willing to do any work and to learn new things. I am highly motivated to succeed in any and all i do i am a good asset to have on the team
Pros
work hard
Cons
work hard
Great for peoplecwho need evenings and weekends off.
Professional Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Friendly place to work at. Can been quite physically demanding if your not accustom to that work. You are assign residential homes to clean. You clean bathrooms, kitchens, high and low clean ( dust and vacuum) bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms.ect. equipment is supplied.
Pros
Evenings and weekends off.
Cons
You use own vehicle to go home to home.
Not Caring Company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2017
I worked there and the co owner was not there. He let the other two people in the office handle everything. They sucked as managers. No room for growth. They do not care about there employees.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Drining own car, no insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7