Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Quick Money
Maid Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 23, 2017
Very easy job especially for those who have common sense on how to clean around their home already. Nice schedule for those who have kids or even school. The Management seems nice from the start but the listen to older workers who review everyones work. Make sure to stay friendly to everyone and always stay away from the drama here at this place.

All girls= Drama!
Pros
Schedule, Pay
Cons
Work Environment, Managers...
terrible pay
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 21, 2017
if you dont like to clean this job is not for you! having to put miles on your car isnt worth it for the mileage they pay and commission sucks! sometimes you would have to deal with an annoying partner to clean overall this job is garbage and its not worth going to if you have real bills
Cons
low pay
Its a job
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MDApril 20, 2017
Hours vary. Could be off at 2 or could be off at 8. Cleaning seems easy but it is a lot of work and consistency. Need more ways to keep employees instead of pointing out negatives
Stressful Work Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 17, 2017
The owner was not professional and was not personable with any of his employees. I hated to come to work due to management otherwise servicing the customers were the best part of the job.
good place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 17, 2017
i love the company the manager was behild you 100% and made sure that you were taken care of and wants to make sure you have everything you need to do your job
Ok
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 16, 2017
Driving to different houses and companies to clean, You learned different ways to clean a house, hours were never consistant and favortism was a big part of job.
a waste
Maid (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, GAApril 15, 2017
This office is run the customers and the employees don't have any rights. Your word doesn't mean a thing to them. The office staff is not trying to make sure there employees are safe when they go into these homes .. There is no good equipment to work with. Pay rate should be $10.50 instead of $9.50
Pros
N/a
Cons
no breaks, very low pay and it tears your car up
i enjoyed it alot
Cleaning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 12, 2017
I worked with some awesome people. y aunt was one of them. she recently past away. she otivated me to change my life around. I'm very outgoing and love working hard
benifical
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIApril 11, 2017
Typical day at work was to check in with awesome management, see what the day looked like and get out there. Always met new people and was able to work independently. Really great hours, very flexible too.
Little compensation and no advancement
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 11, 2017
This job is demanding, has limited hours and has no advancement opportunities. You get paid on commission, so it doesn't matter how many hours you work. At the location I worked at, they weren't any company vehicles, so you drive your own car- for deplorable gas reimbursement and no wear-and-tear compensation. This is a good job if you're starting out, but not a good long term job. On the plus side, you're usually off before 5 and you never have to work weekends.
Pros
Some benefits, no weekends, off before 5 PM
Cons
No set breaks, no set hours, commission pay, bad mileage pay, no wear-and-tear reimbursement
Just Don't
Team Captain-Maid (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 10, 2017
Unless you like little pay and your paycheck skimped on and getting screwed over and pushed around, just don't do it. Nothing good has come out of the job and it's ruined my car.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not for everyone
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 8, 2017
Good place to work if you like to keep busy and pay attention to detail. Definitely not for someone who needs multiple breaks. Some customers have pets and kids home while you're cleaning, some customers have cameras so always be aware of you're surroundings.
Pros
You works fast you get done fast
Cons
You don't have set lunch times
very nice customers
House Hold Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27406April 6, 2017
This wasn't the best job, but it paid the bills. There was a lot of favoritism. The management changed hands quite often. The office manager had her favorites and those are the ones that would receive the high paying houses. The compensation for your mileage was never enough.
Pros
I was never struck in one place for too long.
Cons
The pay was never enough for what they expected of you.
Crew leader for Merry Maids
Cleaning Technician / Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 4, 2017
I was a crew leader with Merry Maids for 5.5 years. I worked solo and with a team mate as well. I did my job to the expectations and above of the customers. I would some days have upto 5 houses. I had a lot of customers who preferred I clean for them. Some of the customers, I developed great friendships with. I had great satisfaction from customers. If a customer had a request, I fulfilled that request. If the customer was happy, then I knew I did my job correctly. cleaning homes is a challenge, but it can also be rewarding as well.
Pros
met great clients who treated me with respect.
Cons
some days were over loaded and I had to work hard and was exhausted.
not a fun place
Solo Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 3, 2017
I really didn't like working at merrymaids. i only took the job because my friend got me on there and i needed a job at the time. The manager was not a nice person he had chosen his favorites and if you werent one of those people it sucked for you. Cleaning people houses just got boring. You do the same thing everyday no change and some of the houses were so nasty that you didn't want to walk in at all.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
nasty houses
Terrible atmosphere.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2017
If you want to be taken advantage of, then this is the place for you. The owners parade themselves as Christians, contradicting everything they say the company stands for. The receptionist is down right rude and bosses you around, speaking in a condescending tone. They force you to work in homes where narcotics are used (while you are cleaning!) I was fired for refusing to clean someone's home with their own toilet water. You can't understand your paycheck, and heaven forbid you be responsible and give a two weeks notice, they will fire you. Terrible place, too much drama and bickering between cleaners.
Pros
Benefits if you want to use your whole paycheck for them!
Cons
Terrible in a whole.
The work was decent the work family not so much.
Maid (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 28, 2017
I only worked with Merry Maids of short time. But in that short time I experience having to do two to three people jobs myself when others were feeling tired or they couldn't do the work. Levaing myself exhausted at the end of the end of the day. I myself do not smoke but others took smoke breaks every 10 minutes and thats not an acceptable use of company time to me. I wouldnt apply again.
Pros
Choosing your pase of working
Cons
Having to do others jobs. Being overly exhausted at the end of the day.
Fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 27, 2017
A lot of driving but its nice to meet new people and build relationships with the customers to make them feel comfortable and became good friends with them
the pay should be illegal
cleaning (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 27, 2017
they told me training is 9.50 an hour and after training is commission only.
isn't this illegal?

this was the Deerfield beach florida location I called. also that u have to use your own car and isnurance
Working at different homes and offices was very exciting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 22, 2017
A lot of fun going to various houses ad meeting new people and seeing the customers enthusiasm and hospitality. Having multiple environments to go to throughout the day was pleasant.
Pros
Lunch breaks throughout the day as needed
Cons
Packing up equipment and driving after every location we finished

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7