Merry Maids Employee Reviews in United States

The employers were nice but did not listen to their employees when complaints of repairs needed to their vacuums
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJNovember 30, 2015
The rate of pay is not good for the type of work that needs to be done in the homes. I did not enjoy working for them. They also need to supply the employees with their own work vehicles and not have employees use their own.
Pros
free desert at times
Cons
needs better attention to broken or needed repair of supplies for the job
Merry Maids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 10, 2016
Needs to improve pay with employees instead of trying to only improve service. Not making sure that branches are being run to efficient expectation. Using old equipment that is frequently broken or a hassle. No sufficient health coverage or logical incentives for employees.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
terrible to employees
A job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 9, 2016
Always a busy day. They expected a lot more out of me and my coworkers. The compensation wasn't good and no benefits. Wasn't compensated for many hours being on the road from private residence to private residence.
Merry Maids
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 19, 2015
Very fun out going work environment. My typical day at work was arriving to the office between 7:30 and 8 am. My morning would start by filling my cleaning products and taking them to the vehicle, either mine or my partners. I can honestly say that their wasn't a hard part of my job I loved cleaning homes. Making new relationships with the customer's was the best part of my job.
Cons
Not enough hrs to keep up with my bills
Great hours!!
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, ILApril 16, 2016
Stability can be a issue.....This is really a second job
Or maybe better suited for retired. Nice incentive programs and there is room for growth I guess, if you want to be a merry maid for 15 years!
Horrible
Cleaner, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 28, 2016
Worked there a year and you use your own vehicle and gas. don't get paid for drive time to and from houses. No benefits. You literally have to work day and night to get a 400. week paycheck
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Horrible!!
Maid (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2016
Would never work here again. Drive your own car. Management doesn't care about staff. Mess up pay constantly. Half the time they don't give you your mileage. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Employees
Good work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 25, 2016
The work isn't easy, and it certainly can be dirty at times, but the coworkers are very friendly and the clients are always very appreciative of the work that we do.
Great Place to Work For, Not a Place to Seek Independence
Solo Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2016
Great customers, great employers and employees. I didn't feel part of the team though. I missed out on a lot of information due to my deafness.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Low Pay, did not provide an interpreter
co-workers were great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 2, 2016
Cleaned personal homes, Monday-Friday, Management needs help, hardest part of job was mopping floor on hands and Knees at all homes.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
pay was not good
It was okay...
Maid (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 13, 2016
Gets really boring after a while. I enjoyed working there when I had a great partner but got stuck with someone who didn't drive their vehicle and put a lot of miles on my own car.
Productive environment
Captain (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 15, 2015
Once I get to work and clock in I get my paperwork for the houses I am going to clean for that day. I then get my phone and keys and load my equipment in my car or the person's car that I am working with that day. Then we have a little meeting in which they review our paperwork and key numbers. Management is overall pretty good they try to be understanding of our concerns and issues. The co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the actual cleaning of the houses and using certain equipment which can take a toll on your body. The most enjoyable part is not being in one place and being able to drive around.
ok place to work
Residence/Business Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 9, 2015
the work its self was not the bad part. Management needed a lot of work. They don't care about their employees. They don't offer insurance or any extra bonuses. By the time I left any tips that we received had to be turned in so it can be put in our paycheck,
Okay
House cleaning (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 19, 2016
Not to bad. Fun people to work with. Always on the go, driving from house to house is fun because your never in the same place
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not good enough pay
horrible job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 29, 2015
the pay wasn't anything we didn't even have a boss. the assistant had to manage the company we wasn't getting paid the gas mileage that we were pose to get paid.they cheated us out of our houses and money.we had to drive our own cars which causes wear in tear. we didn't have a bidder to go out in bid the houses for us.they over charged the customers for the cleaning.we only got paid 17% of each house.and not to mention they lost a lot of team members in customers due to bad business and not enough team members.when you called hr to get things straighten out no one would answers or they pick up in hang up. if you did talk with someone they either didn't no what was goino on or they had the wrong information...I REPEAT NEVER WORK OR DO ANY BUSINESS WITH MERRY MAIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worked too far
HouseKeeper (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 29, 2016
I learned a lot more detailed cleaning.
cleaned to many houses a day.
liked the hours
worked Monday till Friday

I didnt like that she was unfair
Great environment & people
House Cleaner/CSM (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 14, 2015
I worked for Merry Maids for over 3 years. The owners & management were very caring and professional. I worked my way up from cleaner to the Customer Service Manager within a few months and enjoyed my time as both. I can only speak for the owners/managers at my location, but I would recommend working here to anyone who is serious about looking for a job and doesn't mind working hard.
Pros
No nights, weekends or holidays
Rewarding at the end of the day
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 2, 2016
My day consist of cleaning houses, I learned time management, great co- workers, lifting the equipment and a happy customer.
clean
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  aberdeen ,ncOctober 6, 2015
it was a fast pase enviroment . coworkers were alsome worked as a team . hardest part of the job and most time consuming was going from place to place to place .meet new customers was the most enjoyable part
Pros
you got to have breaks from house to house
Cons
some times veryt long hours depending on how many houses u have in one day
Hard, but enjoyable job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 6, 2015
Get our schedule.
Go to houses.
Clean.
Go home.
Management is kind of behind, but overall good.
I learned how to clean the right way.
My co-workers are very nice.
The hardest part of my job is cleaning a smelly, mold filled bathroom or kitchen.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customer happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.