Merry Maids Employee Reviews

good job
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 28, 2017
ehhh this is a good job but the pay is not suffient for my needs i needs a job with freedom and nearly double the current salary. great hob for someone younger bu
Pros
flex
Cons
pay
horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valley, WASeptember 28, 2017
Terrible place to work. Over worked and under paid. I was fired due to being 8 months pregnant. DO NOT WORK HERE. The managers play favorites and give the good work to people that they like the most.
Great excersize and no micromanagement
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2017
Got a really good workout everyday. Able to relax in the car between houses. Easy but satisfying work. Able to work independently without a boss watching your every move. Was really hard on my car and the pay didn't seem like enough for the cost of vehicle maintenance.
Pros
Changing environment, go somewhere new each day
Cons
not a lot of pay or room to advance
Its ok
Professional House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  North Augusta, SCSeptember 24, 2017
Its a good place to work. I am just at a point in my life that I am looking for more. The people are ok. Its not for everyone though. If you like to clean then its the place for you.
fun job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, WASeptember 22, 2017
i got to go into big houses and see some really cool places and things, i worked with some really friendly people and the clients were great, i dont mind cleaning at all so it was a easy and fun job for me.
Pros
free lunch breckfist and paid for the gas you spend driving from house to house
Cons
long drives
Lots of winter work. Not enough work through the rest of the year.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 21, 2017
The bosses are not professional or polite. Service time means nothing at all. Quality and hard work are not considered valuable here. The only decent season is winter but it's brutal on your vehicle.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
No breaks but lose 30 min, lack of professionalism, breaking of hipaa law
Maid (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 20, 2017
It was okay I needed a job it was available. Gave me money to pay rent and bills and everything, but it caused me to get majorly sick with all the chemicals.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun job, low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I worked for Merry Maids over the summer during college. Good hours, not so good pay. Good job for someone who does not need to make much money. Busy work but enjoyable
active place to work
Home Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 18, 2017
I would go into work, gather my list of homes to clean that day, with a team member I would load up my van with cleaning supplies and equipment then head off to clean the clients homes.
Pros
tips
Cons
sometimes you get really messy homes.
Low pay
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 16, 2017
The job doesn't pay enough for the amount of work the employee has to do. It is very tiring work and hard on your vehicle. The nights and weekends off are the only positives.
Very positive and fun Team to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 15, 2017
This is a great job for moms with school aged children. You only work Monday to Friday. There is no weekend work and holidays get paid.
The hardest part however is that it is physically very demanding. It is also very fast paced.
Pros
Bonus program, great work environment
Cons
Fast paced and very physically demanding
Great a great supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Working for Merry Maids I met customers over the phone, I would give them a quote of pricing on how much it would be to clean their home. Sometimes I would take a co-worker to the home to drop her off which gave me an opportunity to meet the customer and see their home. I had to be prepared to do anything thru out the day.
Answer phones, process payments, wash laundry, dry and fold it.
I kept the office clean, by washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting and mopping where needed.
Pros
We would cook breakfast on Fridays plus in the office we could wear jeans everyday.
Fast Paced
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2017
You'd have a set schedule of clients for yourself and your partner that you would clean on a weekly,bi-weekly and or monthly schedule. It could take you from south auburn all the way to DuPont. I've met some very interesting people while cleaning their houses so im grateful for that.
Fun work place can be stressful during holidays
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 7, 2017
Fun place to work,friendly co-workers.Great bosses.If always showing up to work,great monthly bonus.Actually it's a weekly bonus,but given once a month.
Pros
Monthly bonus for not missing work
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
maid
Maid (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Loved the going to customers houses and making the house look brand new, You have to use your own vehicle but they will give you gas cards. I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Good place to work with great owners.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 5, 2017
Job is challenging but provided with all the training and knowledge to be successful. Hardest part of the job is that there is a lot to learn and remember. The most enjoyable part is meeting potential clients and talking to them about their homes.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
sometimes physically demanding
Fast paced, Customer Serviced Focused
Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 3, 2017
At the time of my employment, there should have been more support(additional admin. employees). I performed the job of 3-4 people for years. Because my "closing bid average" was 75+%, each year that became more and more difficult.
Since then, I have heard some good things about the local office, like they staffed a little better.
I really enjoyed the years I spent building this business and was quite disappointed when we parted ways.
Hard work
Teammate/Leader (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 1, 2017
It is hard work, very high paced always on your feet. Cleaning houses was a lot of work and i could say we didn't get paid enough for some of the jobs we had to do, you also couldn't go over 40 hours, no overtime and sometime its hard to even get a break there.
Pros
independent
Cons
short breaks and not enough pay
Great place to work and nice people
Team member (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 28, 2017
Rewarding to see finished product of hard work each day. Nice people. Work at your own pace and with a partner. The management really cares about their employees. Paid training.
Love working here!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Merry Maids. The other team members are easy to get along with which makes it a comfortable working environment. The manager is extremely understanding of emergencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7