Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Merry Maids
Team Member/ Captain; Solo Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
Absolutely wonderful place to work if you are fast paced and need to be on your feet. Days will be long, and Management will accommodate to your schedule as best as they can.
Pros
Fast Paced, Accommodate pay plus commission, always opportunity to make bonuses
Cons
Usage of your own vehicle.
Fun place to work with awesome branch management.
Heavy customer service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2017
This is a position that unfortunately does not have advancement potential, but is a fun place to work. Customer service is fun and the co-workers are above average for a small office.
There are times it can become very stressful but the office implements the "team work" concept and everyone pitches in.
Reasonable benefits but pay is a little short sighted.
Merry Maids
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 24, 2017
Hostile work area. Management spoke about other cleaners issues and mess ups publicly, very unprofessional all around. Would not recommend to anyone....
I did enjoy working here. Caring people and hard working
MAID (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2017
I did enjoy this job very much. Only reason for leaving was becoming pregnant. I enjoyed and could easily speak with management and they genuinely cared for employees. Flexible with needing days off. Management was well established.
productive, fast paced enviroment
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLAugust 24, 2017
Typical day at work was receiving keys, alarm codes ect to customers home and businesses. Cleaning everything to customer satisfaction and sometime extra work if noted. Long days, energetic.
Busy and sressful environment
Business/Residential Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 23, 2017
I just believe the they lack in training and the ability to care for their workers. It's a decent job just not enough money to be made if have a family to care of.
Very famiy and goal oriented. Management was
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 21, 2017
A typical work day began at 8:30 am. You receive your binder with your clients information which were detailed cleaning specifications room by room. You commence to cleaning at least 3-5 homes a day. Merry Maids was a very detailed oriented company so therefore each home took at least 2-3 hours to clean with a 2-3 team person. So an average day could last 6-9 hours even sometimes 10. The best part of the job is the freedom. You do not have supervisors over your shoulders as you did your job.
Pros
Relax work environment
Cons
Nice small office, great people
Office Manager/Assistant to Owner (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 21, 2017
I like working at Merry Maids. I am looking for another job that has Benefits & Vacation. I am the Office Manager for the Owner of the company. I am in charge of the office.
Cons
No beneifts or Vacation time
organized but stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 20, 2017
i liked working here because i made a lot of new friends. The management was alright, they didnt pay enough for the amount of work you really have to do.
Excellent
Maid (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2017
This was an excellent company to work for. Learned a lot about the area how to properly clean a home or business. Fun and exciting place to work. Lots of incentives and appreciation for "job well done". Would definitely recommend this company for business and employment.
Pros
Schedule was great, only weekly work no weekends and pay was decent.
Cons
Having to clean some nasty nasty places.
Fun work enviorment
House Cleaner/residential and commercial (Former Employee) –  Elmira Heights, NYAugust 17, 2017
Have to be strong reliable a people pleaser and willing to get the job done. I will admit at 1st I hated it they you get your regulars and steady partner you'll love it..
Pros
Cons
No breaks, snobby employees no benifets
Okay place to work
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 15, 2017
Merry maids would be a better place if we had company vehicles to drive everyday. Merry maids is a good company to work for, our employer is a nice guy but we could be getting paid more than we are for our hard work.
Not good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 15, 2017
This wasn't the greatest place to work.They expect you to pay for your own vehicle maintenance even though the rough and tough comes from their jobs. They also only pay you .25 cents to the dollar for gas so your paying out more money to work there than you are making.
Pros
not stuck in an office all day
Cons
pay isnt good
I love working here
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 14, 2017
I've been here for a while now, everyone is so nice, they are willing to let you learn. They don't make you feel terrible for messing up, they get we're human and make mistakes. They are super professional, easy to talk to and work for. There are moments when it's slow, but there are moments when it's crazy busy, it keeps you on your toes.
hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 14, 2017
It is like getting paid to go to the gym. You will work hard. You get tips for good work. There are a lot of nice customers. There are no night time hours.
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 9, 2017
I love working at merry maids. It is a great place to work, merry maids has very friendly people working there. At merry maids i have learned how to clean houses very well.
cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 9, 2017
 Responsible for cleaning residential houses, offices, and other buildings
 Worked in a team environment with great efficiency, the efficiency was excellent
Fun place to work...family orianted
Receptionist / Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIAugust 7, 2017
Every one who works here have been there for any years so its more like family. very laid back place to work. They do not offer any health benefits which is really the only defect.
Cons
No Health care benefits
poor management
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2017
This location does not practice progressive discipline. The manager tried to suspend me for a poor attitude, even though I explained to her that I was not feeling well!. There was no coaching to help me be aware that I was acting negative, Just a quick jump to suspend me with no pay for three days. Management thought suspending people would help improve their attitudes. No one ever tells you that you have done a good job. Just critical.
Strenious
Home cleaner/mate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHJuly 31, 2017
I found myself overworking myself for what I was being paid. Very detailed cleaning for little money, and ungrateful customers. Very understanding management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7