Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYDecember 12, 2016
Everyday as a team we would go to houses and clean them. Some homes we did more detailed work other homes we just picked up and wiped furniture down.
productive and energectic work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 5, 2016
I would get there get my list of homes for the day get my cleaning supplies ready and put my first house in map quest. I would look over paper work and see if anything pacific on there then drive to the homes which we could have up to 6 homes per day and clean home top to bottom to customers satification.
Pros
gas miliage
Cons
short staffed
Merry maids of Manchester NH care about their clients and make sure they are satisfied
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 4, 2016
Working for Merry maids was a great experience they truly care about their employees and customers. The management is amazing and try to help you grow with the company.
Pros
Tips, bonuses, vacation time
Terrible working environment
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORDecember 1, 2016
Treated terribly. Nobody helps you when you have questions. Management doesn't know what they're doing. Payed terribly. Not a very organized place. Cleaning equipment is out of date.
Cons
Bad management, low pay
Productive and Successful Company to work for.
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 17, 2016
Typical day would be getting your orders in the morning and driving (your own car) from customer house to customer house throughout the day, providing excellent cleaning and deep cleaning to each and every customer.
Little Appreciation from both customers and management staff for the ridiculous amount of work you do.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 9, 2016
You spend an hour minimum in a house (sometimes this can be 8 hours in one house). You don't get paid hourly and are paid 15-20% of the final bill the customer pays the office. For a normal house that's about $20-$35. You get that tiny sum while the office itself gets the rest of that 80-85%.
You get customers that walk all over you and treat you like "the help" and don't even consider you a person. Tips are rare. You are elbows deep in people's toilets and they can't even tip.
Some of these houses are BAD.
Nice thing is you get paid weekly and if you are the one driving for the day you get reimbursed for the gas mileage you used.
You do have to use your own car though. ALl those miles can be hard on your vehicle.
There are next to no days off for weather. Blizzard/heavy snow/icy roads? You have to drive all over Minnesota.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Low Pay, Low Appreciation, Have to Drive in Dangerous Weather
loved it
Maid (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2016
I loved it i had to quit for personal reasons. I can always call and talk to jon if i ever had any problem we always had helpif we were behind as well
Good job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2016
Very fast paced job. You get to learn how to properly clean house hold items. Very good job if you have a very reliable car. Awesome people to work with. Very good way to make great money.
Pros
Your pace, travel
Cons
wears down your car
in order to make good money you are worked to exhaustion there is no way to advance with the company
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WINovember 2, 2016
there is no room for growth with the company , very physical and very long days. payroll is always messed up. you have to have your own car If something happens to your car your job Is put on the line. the owner of the company has no Idea how to run her company. the office staff is rude, and unprofessional.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
you have to take on alot of homes just to make good money there
Everyone is great to work with
Captain (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 1, 2016
Awesome place to work customers are nice and workers are nice you can get off early health insurance is ok down side you have to drive your onw car but you get paid for mileage
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Have to use your own car but you get paid for mileage
Good job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXOctober 30, 2016
Worked Monday through Friday and 40-45 hrs a week. They require that you use your own car, but they reimburse gas mileage. The owner was friendly, and some of the homeowners were very nice. It was fun to go in all of the houses and see many neat things like decor and pets. Not a lot of people tip. You will have to get a lot of oil changes and car maintenance. The customers sometimes complain over very small missed details when they had an awfully dirty house after you spent hours in cleaning. A lot of the employees did not get along with each other, and that makes it hard when you are working with them all the time and riding in the car with them, especially if they are slow and smoke cigarettes.
Pros
new surroundings daily, away from boss and office, no weekends, neat houses
Cons
disgusting messes, slow team members, nit picky clients, can be hard on body and car
I enjoyed working here, except for the owner.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 28, 2016
I had a great time working here. Except for the owner. She wasn't a very good leader. I met great people and went cool places.
Great atmosphere. Meeting new and old customers.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2016
Cleaning houses
Reviewing service orders
Taking payments
Providing excellent customer service
Ensuring all houses are cleaned in a timely and orderly fashion
Pros
Lunch break at your convenience
Cons
No benefits, 401k plan, life insurance, driving own vehicle
Great owners
OFFICE MANAGER/SALES PERSON (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 24, 2016
The owners are two of the nicest, helpful people I've ever met or work for. They go out of there way to make sure you have what you need! They care about their business and their employees!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Using own vehicles
I liked working for this company.
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 20, 2016
Management worked with me when I wanted time off. Good people the work with. Good training. The shop was available to pick up supplies when I needed them. I had the hours I needed and the pay was decent.
productive
Cleaning Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 19, 2016
a typical day would be driving to and from clients homes and cleaning them. i loved my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing the clients.
I was not pleased with the way people were treated by management.
Administrative Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILOctober 16, 2016
I was the Office Admin Assistant. I did all office work in regards to answering phones, scheduling appointments, and handling customer payments. The hardest part about my job was watching management treat staff in a way that I didn't feel was fit.
Productive Work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2016
My review of this job is great. I would recommend anybody to work here. My co-workers are great. I have learned how to clean a house top to bottom and left to right. The hardest part of the job is driving.. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are your own boss.
Awesome job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 13, 2016
This job was amazing. The company is very secure and offers what you get when you work cleaning houses. However if you do enjoy this type of work, it is the job for anyone.
This job is not secure.
Solo Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2016
There are some good & bad points about Merry Maids. They did offer 401K plans, Health & Medical. They were brought out through a franchise. The only thing good about this job is you get paid once a week.
Pros
weekly pay periods
Cons
job is not secure & you have to be in cold, hot, & raining weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7