Mesa Community College

Mesa Community College Employer Reviews

Great employees with superior dedication to the student
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 8, 2015
The people that work at the colleges are some of the best I have ever worked for. Our goal is to support the student and we do it very well within our means to do so. Maricopa County Community College District is a hard business to work for as most jobs are part time and contributing to the Arizona State Retirement System is mandatory after 20 hours a week. This makes it very hard if not impossible to maintain a life.
A job only the tough can do.
Custodian (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: holidays off
Cons: not the best hours to work
If you enjoy cleaning up after college kids then here's the job for you.
The equipment wasn't top notch but, it did the job.
I truly miss this place it was fun and enjoyable no matter the mess.
with a wonderful and honest management.

The hardest part of the job was the cleaning of the restrooms, and I dare not go further then that.
Learning experience
Asst. Sports Information Director (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible working environment
Cons: not enough pay
This is a good place to put your foot in the door for anyone going into sports. There's a lot of busy work, but anyone going into that field will already understand that, and it's good thing. Everyone was very nice and willing to help in any way shape or form. I never felt like it was a hostile environment.
Clinical Faculty (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2014
Excellent team work
Supportive management
Great team building
Great people to work with
I worked through work study while I was taking classes
Office Assistant, Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 18, 2014
Pros: the work schedule adjusted will with my classes
Cons: after you are done with school you are done with work study also
I was able to understand more of the process of registering for school for that was the job I did while attending. I was able to get to know the staff and some of the other students. It helps to work while going to school so that I could also raise my family. This is an important part of school for many students.
Student
Fulltime Student (Current Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 5, 2014
Full time college student who loves learning new things and gaining skills and knowledge that I can later use in my professional and personal life.
Fantastic opportunity to learn the basic Office Aide criteria
Music Department Office Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2014
Friendly co-workers and everyone knew everybody. The hallways were filled with musicians and vocalist. Answering phone calls and helping students with scheduling classes as well as advising. The supervisors we're very nice and always stayed in touch with students as well as the workers. The hardest part about this job was leaving the office as a student worker.
Love This school!
Student Athlete (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 12, 2014
Great school and teacher and I loved being part of the softball team.
Serving the needs of students, public, job seekers, veterans part of each day's work
Career Advisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: advising, leading, directing, assisting others; had a most wonderful boss.
Cons: some students not visionary enough to realize value of career services
A typical day consisted of conducting 1:1 career advisement, and conducting career advisement to entire classrooms. Worked closely with a great group of co-workers who were most willing to mentor and share their expertise. Helping students and the public was the joy of each and every day - helping others with the help I was once given. Service is what it is all about - to help people find their passion.
Really flexible and interesting job
Student Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 2, 2014
They are easy to work with your schedule if you're a student.
Productive and fun enviornment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 23, 2014
Pros: felxible hours
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
: Answer all inbound calls regarding financial aid, registration and admissions.
:Management team were always helping out the representatives.
:My coworkers were the most greatest people to work with.
Office Administrative II
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 14, 2014
Pros: we had a great work environment and all co-workers respected others work area and time.
Cons: not having enough time in a days work to get the students issues resolved.
A typical day was helping students get their classes figured out. By calling instructors to add a student back in class.
Also assisted in calls all day and helping with office issues daily.
I learned how to train the students and co-workers on the new people soft internet class scheduling.
My bosses were very caring and always willing to make my day productive. I had a good relationship with all management and supervisors.
The hardest part was trying to help to many people at one time. I was the one that had the most training and everyone came to me.
The most enjoyable part was knowing that I was the one that took all of the training classes and training relied on my abilities to share and teach others so that that they can assist students daily as well.
Student Worker
Lab Aid (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2014
Worked as a computer lab aid in the geography department. I would open the lab during lab hours. Students would come in and ask for assistance with either GIS or Remote Sensing homework problems. We use ArcGIS programs and ERDAS for remote sensing. I enjoy helping and teaching other people.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty, Education Studies (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: no heathcare
Working at Mesa Community College as Adjunct Faculty is fantastic! Your schedule is based upon class availability and the students are ready to learn. I deliver many different learning modalities such as lecture and group activities. I love my department and feel a sense of belonging, although only a part-time employee. The hardest part of my semester is saying goodbye to the students. We become very close as we travel through the semester, learning and growing. I truly enjoy touching lives within classroom walls and am forever changed.
Working and learning about Exotic Animals
volunteer (Former Employee), Clairemont Mesa, san diego, californiaFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: lots of interaction with animals
Cons: was not being paid in the finacial sense
Unfortunately for me it was volunteer work so i was not getting paid for it.
it was a veternarian technician program and i was not enrolled in the course.
i did get to learn a massive alot of information about animals that others have not or wouldnt even think about being around.
Providing education to the community.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Overall very fulfilling working with students and other departments of the institution with the mission to help student reach their educational goals.

The supervisor I had was not rated very high, however this should not affect the rating of this community college.
M.C.C. is a very fun and rewarding place to work
Bowling Instructor (Teacher) (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 23, 2013
Pros: like helping all the students
Cons: my class load
I teach the bowling class here at M.C.C.to the students who enroll in the class.
Great first job
Team Member (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 5, 2013
I'm a college student so when we weren't busy I got to do homework, that was really nice. I loved who I worked with. I like that when the school got breaks so did I.
Productive and smart
Student (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 1, 2013
Dependable student that shows positive attitudes
Friendly and outgoing
Higher education institution
Student (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 9, 2013
The most enjoyables part of returning to college in that I am learning something new everyday.

1 2 3