Mesa Community College Employee Reviews

Great culture and environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 14, 2017
Loved working at Mesa Community College! The staff and the students are wonderful! Unfortunately you don't get as many hours if you"re a student worker.
working at MCC
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 6, 2017
MCC is the great place to work and I have learned many things there about my work. Having enough with time to spend on each one of the children gave me the opportunity to be able to digest all information about the work process
Working in a learning environment
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 2, 2017
Lesson planning. Prepping materials & supplies. Learned to multi-task and effectively. Positive redirect children. Teaching. Cleaning & organizing. Training. Mentoring. Impacting the development of young children and their minds was truly the most enjoyable part of my job. There isn't anything hard about your job if you truly love what you do.
Pros
Learning Experiences
Cons
Time-managment
I've had an excellent experience w/Amelia Rodriguez
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Former Employee) –  Reading Dept.September 14, 2017
Leadership is terrific! Work culture is terrific!
I have experienced an environment that is inclusive and helpful.
The best part of my role is the student progress throughout the semester; to see their growth and accomplishments!
Each semester closes with great personal satisfaction!
Love my job
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 11, 2017
The best aspect of working at MCC was the student contact. I enjoy the face-to-fact contact with students.

My department chair was excellent. The workplace culture was academic and geared toward excellence.

I learned the most from my students who were able to offer alternative solutions to challenging problems.

The hardest part of the job was watching young students choose to commit to doing practice work out of class.
Pros
Email masters to copy center, willingness of faculty involvement, opportunity to request prospective courses
Cons
Limit hours for adjunct instructor time
Productive and fun work place
Advisor in training, Advisor's assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 8, 2017
I love my current job, we work with people from all over the world and experience a lot of different situations. The hardest part of the job is to work with rude and mean students and the fact that one little mistake on our part can change their entire life. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting people that have never experience anything like the US before because they come from third world countries. And being able to help them is amazing.
Pros
Got to work with students from all over the world
Cons
Not enough hours
Mcc
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Enrollment Services (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 6, 2017
It was a good job to have while working on my degree. Plenty of down time. Management is not team oriented more micro managers and they are hiring to be that way.
Pros
Benefits and time off
Cons
Micro managers
Great place
Student (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 26, 2017
Clear expectations
Great staff
Excellent team work
Could be a bit stressful, but what work environment isn't?
Hardest part of the job was being prepared for the unexpected.
willing to work with a tuff school schedule
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2017
I had a very difficult school load and they had no problems working around my school work. I was able to when I had down time on the clock I was a bale to even do school work while at work.
This was an adjunct position
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2017
This was an adjunct position so there was little involvement asked of or needed from me by the department. I thought my two classes per week, presented my grades at the designated times and recommended my student for the student art show. I would only attend the first meeting of the semester and that was all.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
No chance for advancement
security
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2017
Was very willing to work around your school schedule. Job for students. Had fun and made friends there, but there were real problems with some management at the time.
Great culture
Department Chair (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2017
MCC has a fantastic culture and is a place I look forward to working at every day. The people are fantastic and it makes for a very enjoyable work experience. I will retire from there in 8 years with an excellent pension.
Pros
People and students
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun workplace
Learning Enhancement Facilitator (Comp Sci.) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2017
Supervisors willing to work with any schedule and very flexible. As long as tasks were completed on time. There was no problems at all. Very fair all around and looking out four your best interests always.
Pros
Great Scheduling
Cons
Not any I can think of.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
If you like working with students and the general public, this is a great place to work.

If you have a business background, you may find it frustrating when you present money saving options, and new ideas to management. The operating and day to day business systems that are in place are a bit archaic and not cost effective.
Pros
Terrific Benefits
Cons
Not open to new ideas
Work study at Mesa Community College
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2017
Work study at Mesa Community College has helped me as a student in so many ways. Management is nice and always understanding. My co-workers have all been so helpful. This job is calm and let's me do my school work at the same time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours are limited
good place to work while going to school
Technician Assistance (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2017
This was a highly educational place to work. It allowed me to not only be a returning student, but also let me utilize my knowledge while helping my children financially. Great place to work.
Pros
friendly staff and students, very educational
Cons
non- at the moment
Tech Support for a College
Media / Help Desk / IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 9, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with MCC, both as a student and employee.

Had access to the community, resources and made enough to pay for my classes and enough time to study for them.

It was chance that I got to stay with them for so long. My position was constantly moved about due to budget constraints at the college. Working at one of the smaller campuses made it a little harder to advance but it was a nice little family.

Part of me still wants to work there.
Pros
Good people, good atmosphere, access to school resources, easy job, could study and help others
Cons
hard to advance, budget issues cause job risks
Great place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 28, 2017
The college system is great place to work if you are a student there. If you happen to get a job there right after you graduate then you are good, you're IN! However if you switch campuses then don't expect the help to get hired by them anytime soon.
Great work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 15, 2017
Great working environment, but very bad pay. Not enough money is paid and very few hours. Not allowed to work more than 20 hours a week.
Great opportunity to help students succeed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa Community College - Downtown CenterFebruary 9, 2017
This is a great place to work, but only a part-time position. We have professional development workshops and classes for fire fighters. I get to work with wonderful instructors that are retired fire chiefs and paramedics.
Pros
Multiple responsibilities, great workforce
Cons
no healthcare, only part-time job