Mesa Community College Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to help students succeed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa Community College - Downtown CenterFebruary 9, 2017
This is a great place to work, but only a part-time position. We have professional development workshops and classes for fire fighters. I get to work with wonderful instructors that are retired fire chiefs and paramedics.
Pros
Multiple responsibilities, great workforce
Cons
no healthcare, only part-time job
Education
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2016
Education matters across the board. This world we live in is a learning environment and people and their pets need to receive care and guidance in how to promote health while preventing disease. Being an instructor allows me to be a part of this team of educators for our future medical professionals.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Need more leaders/instructor support
Good place to work for students - hard to get full time work.
Student Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2016
Good lace to work for students - hard to get full time work.

Usually good staff and good managers,
you will work with a lot of old people who need to retire and cant keep up with modern technology or systems.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
lack of knowledgeable staff
Mesa's Hidden Academic Gem
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 26, 2016
In the time I attended & worked at MCC I simply fell in love with atmosphere there. Everyone welcomes you with a smile & warm embrace. Truly an amazing place to be as both a student & an employee.
Student enrollment advisor- it was a very friendly place to students and employees
Student Enrollment Orientation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 1, 2016
My supervisor was very proactive not only with his employees in order to make sure that they look forward to going to work but also with the student's needs.
The student administration area was constantly being updated to the most efficient ways that students can get the fastest help they can.Great place to work.
Great community of coworkers
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaAugust 9, 2016
Mesa Community college is part of the Maricopa County Community College District. It offers many meaningful programs to students from all over the valley. Mesa Community College is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience to students and is affordable. The teaching staff there enjoy their work and are committed to helping their students.
Good Community College
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2016
Great place to learn and study with caring professors. Tuition is cheap and you can get your first 2 years of college knocked out before transferring to a more expensive 4 year college.
public safety aide
Public Safety Aide (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 22, 2016
Working for Mesa community college open a lot doors for me , I got to know staff members , students , teachers who help me a lot with my communication skill. In this job I learned how to be more efficient , how to deal with all kinds of problems and find solutions to everything. This job helped me with communication skills , team work , to find solutions to everything and to never give up.
Good pay for part time work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 18, 2016
18 years and still love it there. I only teach evenings and online so I can't speak to the typical day.
If you stay professional and like what you teach, chances are good to be brought back semester after semester as adjunct.
Community College Cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2016
Provided exceptional customer service and delight, processed payments and refunds and resolved student questions and concerns in a timely and efficient manner while navigating multiple programs, typing, etc.
Great Environment
Offensive Line Coach/Run-Game Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 1, 2016
Friendly staff, and a beautiful campus. A great environment that provides a community college feel in the classroom, but provides an outside atmosphere of a major 4-year College or University.
Pros
Very technology sound, big beautiful campus
Cons
Part of Maricopa Community College District
Mesa Community College
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 28, 2016
Friendly staff and always had a enjoyable day at work. Would set-up all function rooms for daily meeting and special events and etc.
Work Study Job
Theater Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 28, 2016
This was a work study job for me. I worked in the theater building sets for plays. Typical work study job. Flexible hours, decent pay for the work.
Productive excellent staff. great work environment.
Enrollment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 1, 2016
Mesa community college is a great part time job to have. The staff is great, as well as all the supervisors. There is no bad review to be posted there as a previous employee.
Great Life Science Department
Adjunct Faculty Science InstructorNeed (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2016
The students and faculty are positive and inspirational. Teaching the underrepresented student fills a important niche in the educational community. The department is, hands down, has the most supportive and genuinely enthusiastic group of individuals. Teaching in the evenings is a significant commitment which takes away from family time. The joy of teaching and interacting with motivated students to learn about the biological sciences cannot be compared.
Pros
Small class sizes
Cons
Evening hours take away from family time
Very productive and fum place to work
Advising Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 1, 2016
My day would be to make sure that each and every student would get enrolled in school for the year. Also, to make sure that each student meets the criteria to receive some form of financial needs as well as pick the right courses for their field of choice.
Pros
Being off during the holidays
Cons
Not being off during the summer break
Street Team
Street Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2015
As a Lead and part of the original team for the MCC Street Team, this is a great team to work with. Together we promote the school of Mesa Community College and the many different events the college has to offer to the Community
Great people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 3, 2015
Great people and good environment to work.. Only drawback is that work is part-time, seasonal and temporary. Quality company with great customer service.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2015
My daily activities included, making financial transactions for consumers, balancing my cash register at the end of my shift, and itemized totals for consumers.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
No health care offered
Full time Student
FULL-TIME COLLEGE STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaOctober 5, 2015
I did not work here but I wanted to show that I have been studying in school for the past 5 years. I have learned relevant work skills from MCC and ASU such as laboratory techniques and scientific research. I also learned problem solving skills and study habits to prepare myself to create solutions to problems that arise in the workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mesa Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4