MESA PUBLIC SCHOOL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Average company
Nutrition Assistant/ Instructional Aid (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 10, 2017
A typical day at Kerr Elementary was a really stressful day of children throwing fits and hitting teachers restraining children when needed.
How to restrain children who re hurting staff
Management is ok
Their is a mixed culture of Mexican and white and black children
Staff is a little mixture
The hardest part of the job is calming the children down when they are having behavioral tantrums
The most enjoyable part is that they learn from what you tech them.
Pros
children learning
Cons
management
Mesa Public Schools
Custodio (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 1, 2017
This job was a at night time shift our responsibility was to make sure classrooms were dust restrooms were clean kitchen was clean mop and take out trash.
Educational, Smiles on staff and students
Special Education Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CAJune 25, 2016
Changing behaviors so learning can be enjoyed. Working with parents, students, students. Staff can be very helpful. Hardest part dealing with behaviors from young students.
my look on jobs
special needs school bus driver (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2013
i am self motivated. team player i love working with others. a typical day to me is getting the job done to the best of my ability . no real hard part just working in the heat is a little tough. i love helping others and doing the best .that i can.
Pros
full time
Typical day at work:
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 18, 2013
I would start seeing students in the health office at 8am to 3:30pm. I managed acute and chronic student illnesses and injuries including running a vacination clinic on site for infants to 12 grade students opened to anyone living in the East Valley. I also conducted all of the health education classes and was the child abuse coordinator.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the child buse cases. I averaged 80 per year.

The most enjpyable part of the job were the smiles I received on a daily basis from the children.
Pros
giving back to underserved children and their families
Cons
parents that were not avialable to care for their sick children during school hours.