Mesa Public Schools Employee Reviews

Workplace
Classroom Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2017
I balance my job with working in the classroom and doing clerical work for the special education department. The hardest part is knowing all the work I put in and getting little pay. The most enjoyable part is working with the students and teachers. The workplace is relaxed but can be busy. The work culture is nice because we work as a team.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
little pay
Low pay
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 14, 2017
Part time and no benefits no advancements needed a full time with advancements looking for a retirement and Medical benefits as well as school benefits
Pros
Great kids!
Cons
Pay Hours
Special Ed is their business
Special Ed Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 7, 2017
This company puts approximately 600 buses per day on the road for the school district of Mesa, AZ. They are so big that you become a number, not a person.
Typical custodial day
Custodial Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to do the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people at the
school.
A typical day at work would be to fulfill all custodial duties and
make sure that everything is done and ready for school to open
the next day.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Low pay
Good steady job
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 24, 2017
Depending on position always on the go. Nice steady schedule flexible and great for students. Must enjoy children and work okay with not the best pay.
Pros
Set schedule, No weekends, Friendly, good benefits
Cons
Not best pay, not a-lot of hours
Sub pay was good but no benefits or recognition
Guest Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I feel like as a sub, I had no barrier of protection against any negative criticism given by any co-worker (like other staff members). The reviews I received were all negative and I wasn't given an opportunity to deny, rectify or dispute them. Based on the harsh criticism and exaggerations of any given person's feedback, I would be punished disproportionately by being banned from the school where the critique came from. That was unfair and ridiculous. Likewise, sadly all of the hard, wonderful work I did wasn't acknowledged or rewarded. Also, there was no formal training for subs so it was a little intimidating. Luckily I had experience from being an instructional assistant and working around teachers.
Acive and educational
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 15, 2017
I worked in the cafeteria so I worked a lot with kids. I was the cashier so I was front line. So children would come in and not have lunch at all so it felt good to be able to help a child and then get with the parents to what we could do
Pros
Kids, education, service
Cons
The job was only seasonal
Good Half-way job.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 10, 2017
This place is a good halfway job but not a great career to be at. Being a custodian isn't a great job to have with them because they don't pay enough to the staff on how much they should be paid. otherwise I would recommend it to people who really need a job at the moment.
High Impact Low Renumeration
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Mesa Public Schools is a place where you have a great impact on children's lives each day. The job of a teacher is more stressful now than ever before and the hours are long if you do the job right. The compensation for the hours put in does not fairly compensate you for the time you will spend away from your family. The benefits you receive from MPS are less and less all of the time, but the benefits of working with the future of our nation far outweigh the compensation given by the school district. Expect to pay high prices for medical benefits and if you eventually retire from this district they cut you off immediately from all benefits.
Pros
High Impact on the future
Cons
Long hours, poor compensation
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202August 30, 2017
I love working for the school district it was a very rewarding job for me. Unfortunately day care cost to much after I went on maternity leave and with the low salary of the school position it made more sense to find something else
Teaching in Arizona is Extremely Draining
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2017
Yes, we do it for the children, we don't get into teaching for the money.... However, it would be great not to have to take on second jobs just to make ends meet. It would be great to be able to relax in the evening and have dinner, while not attempting to get caught up on grading or lesson planning... Newsflash.... You NEVER get caught up.
Enjoyable environment
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with the children and encouraging to do their best with their education. However, I would have liked better compensation and possible advancement in the work place.
This place has changed in the past few years
Guest teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2017
Great company to work for, just looking for a change with more hours and more pay. Once you reach my current level their is no room for growth. It's time for a change for me.
Good Job for School Student
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2017
This Job has flexible hours and they can be managed around a school schedule with ease. They are very friendly and help you out in everything. The pay is fair for what you do and the work is not hard.
Productive and stayed working
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 13, 2017
I really liked working mesa public school I stayed working never a dull moment enjoyed meeting new people also interacting with kids serving them there breakfast and lunch just see there little faces
Pros
Love kids smiles
Cons
there's no cons working here
slow paced boring workplace
Custodian Lead (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85204August 1, 2017
job was easy and boring even if you find things to do it eventually slows down again supervision is poor they don't even know what they want you to do.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
boring
too much drama
Title I Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2017
Unfortunately because the pay is so bad they end up hiring unqualified people. I loved what I did, but I had ti leave because you CAN NOT live on what you make
Pros
Kids
Cons
too much drama, keeping teachers that should not be teaching.
Good part time work
Substitute Preschool Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2017
Wished that assistants made more money. That is why I did not give it 5 stars. If you are looking to pick your own hours and love children this would be the perfect job for you.
Good stable job
Contract Custodian (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2017
Working for MPS is a good stable job that provides a steady and stable workplace to come to every day. It is a fairly simple job that is easy to pick up and excel at very quickly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Great growth experience
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2017
Working for Mesa Public Schools was a great experience, and I learned so much from my supervisors and the children. I learned so much about how to work with children.
Pros
Working with children