Mesa Public Schools Employee Reviews

The people are friendly
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 7, 2017
I go to work at 5;55 and do two shifts. the best part of my job is working with the kids and building friendships with the bus drivers. I have learned to work well with all kinds of people. Many of the parents of our students are of other cultures and I have learned to serve them and help children who are scared or crying to have a good time on the bus before they go to school.
Pros
breaks in between shifts
Cons
early hours and working with children with behavioral issues
Fun job working with and for children
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2017
I began with Mesa Public schools as a cook in the cafeteria. I then became the cashier. I was able to interact with the students daily and assist the rest of the staff with feeding over 600 students in less then an hour.
Fun with Kids
Adapted PE Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 20, 2017
I work with special education kids and love it. They make my day a lot better with each day. The people I work with are also great and even being the youngest there they make me feel like I'm as old as them and take what I have experienced with kids into account.
Great!
Special Education Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Woke up early everyday, got off early! Best job right out of high school. Learned how to understand special education students day in day out. Hardest part of the day was most likely waiting for the buses to warm up.
Pros
Paid training.
Cons
Payroll
A great place to work
Point Of Sale Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for Mesa Schools for almost 2 years. I was able to learn a lot on the computer there. I also was able to work with children and I enjoyed the working experience.
Pros
I enjoyed working here
It was a good place to work
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2017
Easy to work with my boss co-workers never had down time other than lunch so it wasn't boring. The manager helped us get started then got to her own duties allowing us to be independent.
Pros
Excellent for student workers
Cons
Could use more hours
Busy office
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Extremely busy office. When claims were filed against the school district it was my job to try to settle the claim. I had to research the claim and see if the district was at fault or if the claimant was.
Pros
Interesting work. Different and challenging.
Cons
Frustrating when a claim had to be denied and then the claimant got angry.
Excellent experience working with highly dedicated individuals
Library Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 18, 2016
The five years spent working for Mesa Public Schools was a highlight
of my career. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone from the administrators, teachers, staff and, of course, the students. It was a major decision on my part to leave the profession in order to relocate to the East Coast. It was my privilege to be a part of the public education system at Mesa Public Schools.
Pros
Being considered as part of a family at Fremont Junior High in Mesa AZ.
Cons
Salary freezes during my tenure and low wages.
Awesome job for new high school graduates!
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 30, 2016
You roam around with kids with special needs and you just help them with everything! Walking to class, studying, homework, paying attention in class, stress. It really is making a difference and its a fun job! All activities are free for employees so endless football games and plays!
Pros
Kids, Lunch, Activities, Part Time
MULTI-AGE CLASSROOM TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 25, 2016
Long hours with excessive amounts of paper work. Little respect for prep time. Most time set for prep is being used for meetings, increasing the amount of time needed at home to do what is best for students.

Want to know more about Mesa Public Schools?

Ask a question
Good Place to Work
Title 1 Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2016
Very friendly teachers. Last supervisor great to work for. Part time do not enjoy any benefits. Opportunity to go full-time. Lots of extra curricular events for the students. Up to date on computer technology.
Pros
Free Lunches/Breakfast for students
Over all working in Mesa was a positive experience.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jordan, Zaharis, Edison Elementary SchoolsJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Mesa Public Schools. I found, however, that over time it was being saturated by programs and that teaching was becoming more a management of programs than an actual process.

I learn again and again that children are our most important asset. They are deserving of the best education possible. My co-workers were hard working and very dedicated.

The most difficult part of my job was dealing with all the outside programs and the time wasting nonsense that undermined what education is all about.

My favorite part of my job is seeing a child understand a new concept; a character in a book, multiplication, a new word--I love it all.
Pros
Interacting with children
Cons
Long hours.
Great district
teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2016
MPS is the largest district in Arizona. They take good care of their employees and support development. Their starting salary and scale could be higher given their size but it is adequate for the area.
fun and supportive environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2016
Being a tutor the full staff supports part time positions and fully involves tutors. You gain a great connection with both the staff and students. Works well with college schedules.
Great schools, awesome place to work
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2016
I love my job as a Substitute Teacher. The downfall about my job, regardless of the school district is that there are no benefits. I'm writing this review because I was prompted to do so through this website. Mesa Public Schools is an excellent district. My son attends a school within this district and he loves it.
NOT enough working hours without any benefit
In-class instructional aide (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2016
I have been working for Mesa Public School for 11 years. They were offering benefit package after completing 6 years of service. As of now I am still working without any benefit except sick leave and some holiday pay. No insurance (health).
Pros
Hours can be flexible during school hours
Cons
No O/T allowed
Overall Company preview
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 20, 2016
Good Company if you are seeking seasonal work, a good cultural environment, and flexible job. Many opportunity throughout Mesa Public Schools... my days started with pre-trip checks and checking my daily route, which requires a time management attitude, working with a bus monitor, I truly enjoyed the daily independents and flexibility of the job.
Pros
Great culture environment
Cons
Seasonal
education
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 9, 2016
got to help kids with special needs at school. loved this job, but the pay wasn't so great. and no full time positions or work in summer
Pros
great kids
Cons
only 9 months a year
Productive and fun workplace
Choreographer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 10, 2016
Excellent work ethics. Easy to get along with. Always productive. Fun & enjoyable work. The students were great & easy to work with.
Fun if you like to teach kids
Avid Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 3, 2016
- grading student's work
- tutoring in student's problem areas
- moves around to class to class depending on class
- management is the teachers you teach with
- students are the hardest and best part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mesa Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2