Mesa View Regional Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

IMAGING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVOctober 26, 2015
Radiology has a close group of employees that have each others backs. I learned time management is so important to accomplishing all the many daily tasks assigned. How to assess patient needs while waiting to be scheduled or imaged. The best part of the job was taking care of people, employees and patients.
Pros
Excellent medical insurance
Cons
hospital food
Exciting to work for.
Admitting Clerk, PRN (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVOctober 11, 2013
Everyone in this company was very kind and wonderful to work with. I really enjoyed this company. I was a PRN so I do not know how well there benefits were. This company was great for bring the team together! They were always doing bbq's and company functions. They even did a couple a year for all the family members. They also showed a lot of appreciation to all the workers. They awarded/rewarded employees often.
Pros
fun place to work, kind co-workers, great incentive to work hard, and appreciative.
Cons
almost all positions are a prn/on call position, so no benefits lack of job security.
it was a great place to work until it was bought by another company
Nutrition Director (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVMarch 15, 2015
schedules for employees, planning menus for patients and public, making sure all policies and procedures were being followed by employees, placing orders and working with vendors for quality of food and pricing for the hospital. answering phones and solving problems from patients. the hardest part of the job was covering all the shifts when someone got sick. The most enjoyable part of the job was I could be creative with cooking, and doing socials and parties for the hospital
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Productive and enjoyable place to work
INTERIM HIM DIRECTOR (OnAssignment) (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVMay 20, 2015
Hospital co-workers work great as a team to meet their goals. Everyone is helpful and cordial and willing to go the extra mile to meet target goals.
Pros
Excellent C suite staff to work with
Cons
Desert location very hot in summer
CHS corporation is an excellent company to work for (Mesa View Regional Hospital).
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVDecember 22, 2013
The past ten years have been the most rewarding experiences for my career so far and look forward to the future. It is absolutely a wonderful work environment and learning with nurses of high clinical expertise. We can turn on a dime from every day patient care into a high energy crisis. Our team comes together to and work cohesively in a calm systematic manner to get the job done.
My co-workers are like Family!! Only thing that keeps people here.
Surgical Tech/ Orthopedic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVJune 18, 2014
This is a hospital that has been mis-managed. Decrease in services, poor Doctor relations,dislike throught the community of Mesquite.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management disasters.
Expect so much but dont give support. You are on you own.
ADMINISTRATIVE LABORATORY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVOctober 14, 2012
I learned to tackle multi responsilibities to be done all at once which I did efficiently in just two months and eleven days that no other director could have done. My day starts around seven thirty and ended at seven thirty to eight at night almost daily.
It was a hostile environment where the color of my skin interferes in becoming effective to perform my job I was hired for and the malicious intention of 3 of my staff ,who were my competetors to the position ,to get rid of me no matter what.
The management is incompetent and unfair in the way they handle issues. I was never asked to explain my side.
The management procrastinate in handling issues regarding operation which was a vexetion.
The hardest part was to handle staff who were hostile and no respect whatsoever. Also doing some of my reports in EXCELspreadsheet is hard.
The most enjoyable part is NOTHING because some of the staff no matter how nice I treated them, they wont allow me to do part of my job. They ignored me most of the time and immediately go to the human resources or to the management everytime they didn't agree with my decisions.
Racial Discrimination is so apparent in this hospital based on how I was treated.
People loves to gossip and exaggerate which is typical to small and remote town.
Pros
free luch during meetings@ noon
Cons
i never get breaks in two months i stayed there.
they work as a team.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVDecember 5, 2013
Family based atmospher. patients are treated with respect and loving care. co-workers are considerate of others. hardest part of the job is having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet alot of different people from different parts of the world.
Pros
you are part of caring health team.
Cons
not enough people take advantage and use the hospital in the community.