Mesilla Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good as a transitional job
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 24, 2015
Depending on the unit that you were working at, the day could go by pretty smoothly, or it could be considerably stressful. I learned a lot about time management skills working here. The best part about working here is that most of my coworkers were really nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is that working PRN, you don't get to know your patients well since you're always floating units. When I was hired, I was told by HR that if a position became available, employees already working there would get preference. After working there for over a year and getting denied various times for a full time position over new employees, I learned that this was not true. All of the full time employees usually get a raise every year if their performance is satisfactory. PRN usually do not because "it's not in the budget" (even if you have a great yearly review). As a PRN, oftentimes I would show up to my shift, only to be told to go home because the night supervisor forgot to cancel me (without any compensation, might I add).
Pros
Free meals, work flexibility.
Cons
Management, pay.
Love gaining some needed experience
Health Information Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2015
My manager was very patient and allowed me to advance further at my pace which sometimes were the same day. Coworkers were fantastic
Pros
Everything was all good
Very good Job
Home Based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 4, 2015
This job was awesome because we got to work with kids and their parents and get them the assistance they needed. We worked with them in their homes and in the schools. You make your own schedule, for the most part..
helping children
Treatment Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 27, 2015
Work was mostly at home. The foster kids stayed with us months at a time. Some days would be stressful because of the misbehavior. Something we had to learn was that the children had to be distracted with activities.
Very good job
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 30, 2015
Always arrive fifteen minutes before the shift begins. Collaborate and go into report with the shift before. The day continues by securing fifteen minute check-ups on every patient. Providing a safe environment and assisting patients and co-workers to provide care. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients, assessing them to provide safety and care.
Pros
working hands on and one-to-one with patients
Cons
minimal benefits
Rewarding working environment helping people with mental disorders.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Interacting with new people everyday and helping those individuals who other wise would end up in a worse situation. learned time management skills along with organizational techniques. The hardest part of this job would be the stress of not being to help everyone just due to the fact the not every patient was willing to be helped. The most enjoyable part of the job would be hearing thank you from individuals who appreciated the time and help you were able to provide.
Pros
free cafeteria meals for staff.
Cons
sometimes overwhelmingly stressful workload.
Pay was low , no job security
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 23, 2014
If your going to work at this company . Make sure you have another job pay is low .
Friendly and Safe Environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoMarch 5, 2013
Great Management, Safe for both patients and staff. Learned that teamwork is a must! Hardest part of the job was seeing depressed patients. Best Part of the job was seeing depressed patients change their attitudes for the better.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Overall a good place to work, a bit hectic though.
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 19, 2013
It was a decent job but only lasted a year. The full time position was sectioned off between three other workers as part of their duties. I loved the people I worked with, and enjoyed dealing with the clients.
Pros
flexible hours; healthcare benefits
Cons
not enough training
Knowledgable place to work at
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 6, 2012
Mesilla Valley has taught me a lot about every deparment not just the reception desk. Management is amazing and listens to your suggestions and concerns. Every day worked was different and never a dull day.