Mesilla Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

It's the patients that I love. The workforce was horrid.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 5, 2018
The job was a lost of pressure and they did things that were bad for patient care. It was a negative experience dealing with the nurses who run the place based on gossip about the patients, and the patients relieve minimal actual therapeutic care.
good
General Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NM 87301November 12, 2017
outptients counseling office. great employees and we were like family. the home office was location was in Los Cruses, NM and great employees work there
Challenging
Therapist/Case manager (Former Employee) –  La Cruces, NMOctober 19, 2017
Providing therapy to the girls in the RTC unit. What I learned was working with females who have involved with problems within their home leading to depression. The supervisor was great which I had during the time working there. The supervisor made it a good workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was seeing the abuse the girls have gone through. The most enjoyable part of the job was the engagement with the teenage girls and them opening up.
Pros
Working within a hospital setting.
Cons
Unknown what hours would be to work due to census.
Stressful and changing work environment and leadership
A & R Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 17, 2017
During my time at MVH the CEO changed as well as my supervisor. The new CEO and corporate were very focused on filling beds rather than patient care. The work environment began to change at the time and it became a very stressful place to work.
Pros
Good experience in Mental Health Care
Cons
Stressful environment
Poor administratioon
Medical doctor (psychiatrist) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 19, 2017
Poor workplace. The facility has doors that are hard to open. The chief nurse has a low IQ. With not enough doctors. With lack of staff. Motivation to work is low. Quality of care is poor. I did not learn anything at this place, just negative experiences.
Pros
Cons
Multiple
Mental Health
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 9, 2017
Mesilla Valley Hospital is ok as far as the work required. The benefits are good, the pay could be better (and less secretive), and its glaring issues are from the management and their practice of pitting employees against each other to achieve their goals. It makes for a hostile work environment.
No comment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 20, 2017
Very low pay for the job you are required to do. Little support from upper management. Very dangerous as the clients are mostly detoxing and volatile. Need to have a lot of patients and be able to understand what they are going through. Understand you will be assaulted either verbally or physically most days.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Administration sites not take concerns seriously
fun work place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 5, 2017
every day was different worked in every unit . learned to communicate wit the pt in the facility , take there vitals do paper work . it was good when it came to team work .
Pros
good with breaks
Cons
had good benifits
I enjoy that my co-workers are great at working as a team.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 24, 2017
Teamwork and being able to know that helping the patients makes a difference is the best part of the job. One of the cons at this job is most of the paperwork is handwritten, and there is a lot of it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Large staff o dedicated employees
Personnel/Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The employees all worked well together. At the time I was there, they had a great CEO. The support staff was good at their jobs. The techs all knew what they had to do to make the hospital a good place to comfort the patients.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Productive and great place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 6, 2016
I loved working at Mesilla Valley Hospital. I was employed there for 7 years and I enjoyed everyday.

A typical day at work was waking up the clients and making sure their hygiene was completed. Then we took clients to the dining room and monitored their food and fluid intake. The teenagers were then allowed time to get ready for school and taken to school. The adults were encouraged to attend therapy group. Throughout the day all clients were monitored in all art, music and therapy groups and given new skills and ways to maintain a daily life.

The hardest part of my job was witnessing clients leaving to experience life outside of MVH. I came to bond with my clients and it saddened me to see them go.

The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing clients exceed and grow as an individual and know that I was apart of their process.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Gossip among co-workers
Good as a transitional job
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 24, 2015
Depending on the unit that you were working at, the day could go by pretty smoothly, or it could be considerably stressful. I learned a lot about time management skills working here. The best part about working here is that most of my coworkers were really nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job is that working PRN, you don't get to know your patients well since you're always floating units. When I was hired, I was told by HR that if a position became available, employees already working there would get preference. After working there for over a year and getting denied various times for a full time position over new employees, I learned that this was not true. All of the full time employees usually get a raise every year if their performance is satisfactory. PRN usually do not because "it's not in the budget" (even if you have a great yearly review). As a PRN, oftentimes I would show up to my shift, only to be told to go home because the night supervisor forgot to cancel me (without any compensation, might I add).
Pros
Free meals, work flexibility.
Cons
Management, pay.
Love gaining some needed experience
Health Information Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2015
My manager was very patient and allowed me to advance further at my pace which sometimes were the same day. Coworkers were fantastic
Pros
Everything was all good
Very good Job
Home Based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 4, 2015
This job was awesome because we got to work with kids and their parents and get them the assistance they needed. We worked with them in their homes and in the schools. You make your own schedule, for the most part..
helping children
Treatment Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 27, 2015
Work was mostly at home. The foster kids stayed with us months at a time. Some days would be stressful because of the misbehavior. Something we had to learn was that the children had to be distracted with activities.
Very good job
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 30, 2015
Always arrive fifteen minutes before the shift begins. Collaborate and go into report with the shift before. The day continues by securing fifteen minute check-ups on every patient. Providing a safe environment and assisting patients and co-workers to provide care. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients, assessing them to provide safety and care.
Pros
working hands on and one-to-one with patients
Cons
minimal benefits
Rewarding working environment helping people with mental disorders.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Interacting with new people everyday and helping those individuals who other wise would end up in a worse situation. learned time management skills along with organizational techniques. The hardest part of this job would be the stress of not being to help everyone just due to the fact the not every patient was willing to be helped. The most enjoyable part of the job would be hearing thank you from individuals who appreciated the time and help you were able to provide.
Pros
free cafeteria meals for staff.
Cons
Sometimes overwhelmingly stressful workload.
Pay was low , no job security
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 23, 2014
If your going to work at this company . Make sure you have another job pay is low .
Friendly and Safe Environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoMarch 5, 2013
Great Management, Safe for both patients and staff. Learned that teamwork is a must! Hardest part of the job was seeing depressed patients. Best Part of the job was seeing depressed patients change their attitudes for the better.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Overall a good place to work, a bit hectic though.
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 19, 2013
It was a decent job but only lasted a year. The full time position was sectioned off between three other workers as part of their duties. I loved the people I worked with, and enjoyed dealing with the clients.
Pros
flexible hours; healthcare benefits
Cons
not enough training