MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews in United States

Company lies!
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 22, 2016
Dispatch is garbage they don't get you the loads you need for miles they don't get you home on time seriously horrible place to work
Cons
Everything about this place
Do not work here!
National Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2016
I worked here as a recruiter and it was TERRIBLE! Management is TERRIBLE! Everyday the team would receive threats via email saying we were going to be fired if we didnt meet numbers. Im not sure where they found the morons to manage recruiting but they obviously have no clue how to motivate people.
Pros
NONE
Cons
The whole company
fairley good.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 6, 2016
it was a fairly good job with traffic from all over. I was going fromm the east to the west from the north to the south.
the hardest part was dealing with the people that could not speek english.
The workplace made you feel like family
National Customer Service Repressive (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2015
I went into Mesilla Valley not knowing anything about transportation. I grew as a person and as an employee. I became a National Customer Service Representative handling 10 major accounts. Including accounts out of Canada and Mexico, I was able to built a great relationship with my customers.
Pros
Everyone helped each other out
Cons
The pay was not accurate for the job dutties
Waste of time
Driver, ECT Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 21, 2015
Just a waste of time, not enough work not enough pay, gave it a shot for a few months and forced to look for something else. Driving Division i was in was a joke, recruiter like all recruiters was nothing but false hopes and promises, the division didn't have enough runs i would only work 2 maybe 3 days out of the week if i was lucky, talked to management several times about this and nothing was ever done nor fixed that it eventually that division disbanded.
Mvt
Ops Mgr (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2015
Good company, hard workers, no room for non sense, lots of opportunities to improve in every area of the business, most people are well informed and willing to go the extra miles
Great place to work, lots of good drivers.
CDL Class A-XT Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Good company, growing fast, keep their equipment maintained well and you feel like you're part of the family when you work there. Because of living in Gulfport, Ms. I would stay out from 4 to 6 weeks and they would let me bring my truck home and stay home 5 to 7 days. If I were to go back over the road again they would sure be the company that I would want to drive for.
Pros
Good terminals, good maintenance on trucks and trailers, very good dispatch system and always have a preplanned trip before I delivered
Cons
If you call running a lot of miles a con then I guess that's what it would be, but I liked it.
Convenient terminals and reliable vehicles
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Very easy going dispatch, as long as you're consistantly driving. They're understanding of the changes in traveling conditions. Trucks have frequent maintenance ensuring no break downs on the road. It's a trucking company so you make what you want to make. The more you drive, the more they'll give you.
Pros
Good Miles, Reliable equipment
unorganized upper managemnet
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 20, 2015
very stressful work environment, no job security at all. I started very excited and looked forward to a new career as a recruiter (coming from a strong sales experience). Drivers at Mesilla Valley Transportation deserve much better, at least some respect, just keep treated as numbers. All about numbers there, how many we bring in a week. The straw that broke the camels back for me was when they let go of my supervisor, he was the only positive experienced leader there, after his dismissal the leadership was not there. My job was threatened day after day no one can live through that stress. When I did bring in drivers they were turned down because they were too old or overweight even though they had a 1 or 2 year medical. I made the best decision in my life by leaving.
Pros
great co workers and hard working drivers
Cons
poor inconsistant leadership, unexperienced managers
Stressful and horrible place to work
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 23, 2015
This is a very stressful, cut throat place to work. Upper management and owner do not care about the hard working people in this company. The back stabbing of peers and management is embarrassing. If you are not in the "click" you pretty much are done, no matter how good you are at your job or how hard you work. The only thing that kept me going in this company was the drivers. As a former driver myself, I knew what they were going through out there and wanted to contribute to their safety and pocket book.
Pros
Cons
stressful, unappreciative management
Overall a great fit
Training Coordinator/Safety Clerk/ D&A Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Many job opportunities if you reach out to meet your goals and like to challenge yourself. Owner and all Upper Management are great.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Human Resources
New Oportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  El Paso TXFebruary 15, 2015
I am a professional seeking a challenging opportunity in a logistics environment. With over 10 years of experience, I am flexible to work in any type of industry with a strong management operation. Learning and developing my skills are my motivation.
Was first time owning a lease truck
Truck Driver/Owner (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Started off working for another owner and ended up taking over the lease on his truck, working here was fun but as company grew it seemed harder to work with management. Truck ended up burning down, got second truck and husband at time ended up totaling it so left company.
Pros
great opertunity
Cons
being a lease operator is hard
Good place to learn the trucking industry
Risk Management Department Lead (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Excellent place to learn the trucking industry as they are the leaders in innovation.
Pros
good employees and co-workers
Cons
management
Not the best place to work.
Local Relay CDL driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasDecember 8, 2014
Dispatchers and the new system they set up for relay drivers was not set up properly. I did not fit my situation.
Drivers BEWARE!!!!! Company Discriminates!!!!!!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El PasoNovember 20, 2014
This company will discriminate against you, from not following their own hiring guidelines with your driving experience, you work history, from you providing your own DOT physical. This is the biggest thing they discriminate against you with especially if you are 300 lbs or heavier even thou you have a 1 or 2 yr DOT card, they will find a way to not hire you and I saw this because I was a recruiter for them and this was something the recruiting manager would never discuss in print...Only verbally
Cons
bad management with the recruiting dept, upper level management
Fun place to work
Intern Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoOctober 2, 2014
Worked with inputting all new lease contract into our modules and had to ensure that all transactions had been accurately documented.
Lots of Potential
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Great place to work. If you get hired go with what plan you have to accomplish. Every one employed there will swear that its the worse place. If my wife would have moved where I was I at I would be employed there today.
Pros
fun environment. great pay
Cons
horrible benefits. insurance is bad and so is vacation package.
was not happy the way they treated me.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2014
Was Not happy with the main company. Truck always was in the shop. Always breaking down on me. The Bosses was good to me but not main cooperate treated me unfairly. Was not happy the way they treated me. Dealing with bad equitment. working with bosses in Nashville loved them.
Pros
made ok money.
Cons
bad eqiptment, long times to be out. wouldn't let me go home on time!
One big lie
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2014
MVT advertises that they are one big family. That may be so but they are one big dysfunctional family. They are only happy with you while you are making them money. Once they wear you out and get everything they can out of you, the write up's begin and they throw you to the curb. It doesn't matter how loyal, hard working, or how much money you make them. They show absolutely no loyalty to their employees. Management and especially the owners daughter is all over you with write ups, threats and intimidation tactics. Any little mistake and you are dragged into HR for your weekly write up.
The drivers are treated like dirt. They may talk a good show and put on quarterly burger and hot dog bbq's for the drivers, but behind closed doors they are talked about like human trash and treated as such by the dispatchers and managers while on the road. RUN AWAY, FAR AWAY from these people.
The pay is a joke. The only people making any money are the high upper management and the overpaid consultants they hire in order to make the employees miserable. Really, they need to pay people 150,000 a year for advice?
They pay their office personnel only 9 bucks an hour to start and over work them to daily. All this while managers and owners make up to $20,000 a month!!!! They cant afford to pay their employees a living wage but they sure can afford 20,000 a month, new BMW's. Trips in their private company jet and all kinds of other perks they love to throw in their employees faces.
There is a special place in hades for all these people!!!
Cons
low pay, hostile managment