MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

The company headquarters has a cafeteria, garage, truck wash, fuel islands
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 6, 2017
Management works hard to give you time off regularly. Good benefits are offered. A competitive salary is given. The dispatchers work hard to keep you rolling.
Cons
expensive healthcare
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Enjoyed working with assigned customers. Fast paced environment and must pay a lot of attention to detail. Company has its perks. Overall a good place to work.
Dry goods
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Drove otr to delivery dry goods. Drove cross country worked 2 wks straight with every other weekends off. I was really trying to find something local and with weekends off.
they mislead and trick drivers
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2016
they promise .35 cents coming in. get driver to sign a job acceptance. than the driver soon learns that they are only getting paid .19 cents per mile with forced per diem of .16 cents. and the law says per diem is a choice not a requirement
Pros
na
Cons
lies, mileage, money
A unique place to work, satellite Yards are understaffed and managed.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2016
MVT is a good place to work, the people are exceedingly friendly and informative. They have several drop yards that are understaffed with no real management on auxillary areas.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
No constant support and feedback to grow
Please take time to acknowledge employee strengths
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Typical day is hectic and consists of multi-tasking and making sure every email goes answered in a timely manner.
I learned it's important to work together as a team to accomplish our goals.
Our management works very hard to make sure that things run smoothly while making sure everybody is doing their part.
My co-workers work hard and although at times there are disagreements, at the end of the day we are here to work with one another and not against one another.
The hardest part of the job is adapting to everyone's different views, goals and work ethics.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team, getting the job done and making sure customers are satisfied with our job performance.
Pros
breaks, hour lunch
Cons
healthcare
would not work there a agine
Truck Driver for MVT Transportation (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2016
just a bad experience bad place to work your supervisor do not pay attention to comments and don't help the diver. Most dispatchers know each other and protect each other. To me Driver are given no attention
Bad taste of OTR
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2016
When I worked here there was lack of communication within the Dispatchers. One dispatcher will fix something with you and the next will not know anything about it and mess everything all up. More than one or two instances. The safety department does not properly counsel drivers on expectations and performances. For new drivers not a good deal.
Pros
Computer Logs
Cons
Health Care
Company lies!
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 22, 2016
Dispatch is garbage they don't get you the loads you need for miles they don't get you home on time seriously horrible place to work
Cons
Everything about this place
Do not work here!
National Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2016
I worked here as a recruiter and it was TERRIBLE! Management is TERRIBLE! Everyday the team would receive threats via email saying we were going to be fired if we didnt meet numbers. Im not sure where they found the morons to manage recruiting but they obviously have no clue how to motivate people.
Pros
NONE
Cons
The whole company
fairley good.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 6, 2016
it was a fairly good job with traffic from all over. I was going fromm the east to the west from the north to the south.
the hardest part was dealing with the people that could not speek english.
The workplace made you feel like family
National Customer Service Repressive (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2015
I went into Mesilla Valley not knowing anything about transportation. I grew as a person and as an employee. I became a National Customer Service Representative handling 10 major accounts. Including accounts out of Canada and Mexico, I was able to built a great relationship with my customers.
Pros
Everyone helped each other out
Cons
The pay was not accurate for the job dutties
Waste of time
Driver, ECT Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 21, 2015
Just a waste of time, not enough work not enough pay, gave it a shot for a few months and forced to look for something else. Driving Division i was in was a joke, recruiter like all recruiters was nothing but false hopes and promises, the division didn't have enough runs i would only work 2 maybe 3 days out of the week if i was lucky, talked to management several times about this and nothing was ever done nor fixed that it eventually that division disbanded.
Mvt
Ops Mgr (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2015
Good company, hard workers, no room for non sense, lots of opportunities to improve in every area of the business, most people are well informed and willing to go the extra miles
Great place to work, lots of good drivers.
CDL Class A-XT Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Good company, growing fast, keep their equipment maintained well and you feel like you're part of the family when you work there. Because of living in Gulfport, Ms. I would stay out from 4 to 6 weeks and they would let me bring my truck home and stay home 5 to 7 days. If I were to go back over the road again they would sure be the company that I would want to drive for.
Pros
Good terminals, good maintenance on trucks and trailers, very good dispatch system and always have a preplanned trip before I delivered
Cons
If you call running a lot of miles a con then I guess that's what it would be, but I liked it.
Convenient terminals and reliable vehicles
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Very easy going dispatch, as long as you're consistantly driving. They're understanding of the changes in traveling conditions. Trucks have frequent maintenance ensuring no break downs on the road. It's a trucking company so you make what you want to make. The more you drive, the more they'll give you.
Pros
Good Miles, Reliable equipment
Overall Good Company
driver (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 21, 2015
I signed up, went thu the orientation and drove for them for 4 months,alot of drop and hook, maintenance facilities are top notch, my truck was new with plastic on the seats still, nice truck,good people..
unorganized upper managemnet
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 20, 2015
very stressful work environment, no job security at all. I started very excited and looked forward to a new career as a recruiter (coming from a strong sales experience). Drivers at Mesilla Valley Transportation deserve much better, at least some respect, just keep treated as numbers. All about numbers there, how many we bring in a week. The straw that broke the camels back for me was when they let go of my supervisor, he was the only positive experienced leader there, after his dismissal the leadership was not there. My job was threatened day after day no one can live through that stress. When I did bring in drivers they were turned down because they were too old or overweight even though they had a 1 or 2 year medical. I made the best decision in my life by leaving.
Pros
great co workers and hard working drivers
Cons
poor inconsistant leadership, unexperienced managers
Stressful and horrible place to work
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 23, 2015
This is a very stressful, cut throat place to work. Upper management and owner do not care about the hard working people in this company. The back stabbing of peers and management is embarrassing. If you are not in the "click" you pretty much are done, no matter how good you are at your job or how hard you work. The only thing that kept me going in this company was the drivers. As a former driver myself, I knew what they were going through out there and wanted to contribute to their safety and pocket book.
Pros
Cons
stressful, unappreciative management
Overall a great fit
Training Coordinator/Safety Clerk/ D&A Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Many job opportunities if you reach out to meet your goals and like to challenge yourself. Owner and all Upper Management are great.
Pros
Comfortable
Cons
Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9