MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION

MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION United States Employee Reviews

New Oportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), El Paso TXFebruary 15, 2015
I am a professional seeking a challenging opportunity in a logistics environment. With over 10 years of experience, I am flexible to work in any type of industry with a strong management operation. Learning and developing my skills are my motivation.
Was first time owning a lease truck
Truck Driver/Owner (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great opertunity
Cons: being a lease operator is hard
Started off working for another owner and ended up taking over the lease on his truck, working here was fun but as company grew it seemed harder to work with management. Truck ended up burning down, got second truck and husband at time ended up totaling it so left company.
Good place to learn the trucking industry
Risk Management Department Lead (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good employees and co-workers
Cons: management
Excellent place to learn the trucking industry as they are the leaders in innovation.
Not the best place to work.
Local Relay CDL driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasDecember 8, 2014
Dispatchers and the new system they set up for relay drivers was not set up properly. I did not fit my situation.
Drivers BEWARE!!!!! Company Discriminates!!!!!!
Recruiter (Former Employee), El PasoNovember 20, 2014
Cons: bad management with the recruiting dept, upper level management
This company will discriminate against you, from not following their own hiring guidelines with your driving experience, you work history, from you providing your own DOT physical. This is the biggest thing they discriminate against you with especially if you are 300 lbs or heavier even thou you have a 1 or 2 yr DOT card, they will find a way to not hire you and I saw this because I was a recruiter for them and this was something the recruiting manager would never discuss in print...Only verbally
Fun place to work
Intern Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, New MexicoOctober 2, 2014
Worked with inputting all new lease contract into our modules and had to ensure that all transactions had been accurately documented.
Lots of Potential
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: fun environment. great pay
Cons: horrible benefits. insurance is bad and so is vacation package.
Great place to work. If you get hired go with what plan you have to accomplish. Every one employed there will swear that its the worse place. If my wife would have moved where I was I at I would be employed there today.
was not happy the way they treated me.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: made ok money.
Cons: bad eqiptment, long times to be out. wouldn't let me go home on time!
Was Not happy with the main company. Truck always was in the shop. Always breaking down on me. The Bosses was good to me but not main cooperate treated me unfairly. Was not happy the way they treated me. Dealing with bad equitment. working with bosses in Nashville loved them.
One big lie
Former Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2014
Cons: low pay, hostile managment
MVT advertises that they are one big family. That may be so but they are one big dysfunctional family. They are only happy with you while you are making them money. Once they wear you out and get everything they can out of you, the write up's begin and they throw you to the curb. It doesn't matter how loyal, hard working, or how much money you make them. They show absolutely no loyalty to their employees. Management and especially the owners daughter is all over you with write ups, threats and intimidation tactics. Any little mistake and you are dragged into HR for your weekly write up.
The drivers are treated like dirt. They may talk a good show and put on quarterly burger and hot dog bbq's for the drivers, but behind closed doors they are talked about like human trash and treated as such by the dispatchers and managers while on the road. RUN AWAY, FAR AWAY from these people.
The pay is a joke. The only people making any money are the high upper management and the overpaid consultants they hire in order to make the employees miserable. Really, they need to pay people 150,000 a year for advice?
They pay their office personnel only 9 bucks an hour to start and over work them to daily. All this while managers and owners make up to $20,000 a month!!!! They cant afford to pay their employees a living wage but they sure can afford 20,000 a month, new BMW's. Trips in their private company jet and all kinds of other perks they love to throw in their employees faces.
There is a special place in hades for all these people!!!
a good place to work if your single
student driver (Former Employee), el paso txJune 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: the company!!
as a trainee driver i experienced the bad side of trucking before the good i have a family and they kept me out for weeks even after dozens of home time requests and calls to dispatch, they training department is a bunch of mules putting me with a passive agressive fartknocker that slept the whole time i drove so i learned what to do all on my own or i was forced to wake him up and hear about it for a day ans some, there trucks are slow and dispatch expects your to reply to preplans while your driving or they pass you by leaving you stranfed instead of headed home.
Nice place to gain experience
Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 10, 2014
Learning the job functions and qualification of what it is to be a truck driver. Learn how to read maps and learning different areas. I enjoyed the learning and information I received for becoming a truck driver. The hardest part was learning how to live on the road and eating healthy. The hardest part was communication through technology with all of the system issues.
productive and fun place to work
Planner (Current Employee), El Paso TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: stressful
getting drivers moving on another load once they get emptied out on previous load. co workers work as a team.
A typical, mediocre trucking company
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 3, 2014
Pros: bonuses, rewards, incentives
Cons: same song and dance when it comes to home time, forced dispatch
My position is somewhat neutral on this company. I have my personal opinions, but to sum it all up, I would recommend this company over most that I have experienced.
General Manager (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMDecember 28, 2013
Really enjoyed working here, great management, great benefits and lots of room for advancement
Great place
CDL A Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 2, 2013
Just usuall driving and delivery. Actually everything was fun and enjoyed talking to our customers
Very Stressful environment.
Team Lead, ECT Manager, Operations Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2013
Pros: great owner
Cons: poor upper management team
Very fast paced and extremely stressful environment. The owner is a fabulous guy to work for and is the reason I stayed on as long as I did. His upper management team has no real experience in the day to day operation of a trucking company and therefore changes occur so often that there is no real sense of security. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there however, it seems as thought unless you lie and manipulate facts to where the upper management team wants it, you are deemed a trouble maker. Again this is not the owner that has these issues. I will forever be loyal to him.
Company is very family oriented
Driver Receptionist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great place to work at
Good place to work at, personal is fun going and hard working. Will to teach anyone that is willing/wanting to learn and get a head.
Management the are willing to work with you on all issue that an employee may have.
THEY NEED TO CARE MORE FOR THERE EMPLOYEES
ORT Driver (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: able to bring you to home
Cons: away from family when most needed
IN REVIEWING THIS COMPANY IT IS TO MAY VIEW THAT THEY SHOULD CARE MORE FOR THERE EMPLOYEES AND SHOULD PAY MORE TO THE OTR SINCE THEY DO STAY OUT THERE AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO SHARE WITH THERE FAMILIES.
Data analyst, program manager, account executive
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: never a dull moment high pace environment
Cons: upper management could not justify position
Great company to work for until is started to down size. The company just grew to fast and ownership changed. Certain position were not justified in the work place by new owners.
It's a lot like everyone else
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2013
They have the same pros and cons as other over the road trucking companies.

MESILLA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION Salaries