Messenger Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful job environment
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 16, 2016
Great job for a busy college student starting out in the law area. Supportive company who is involved with employees and provides fun events such as the Christmas party, catered lunches, and hams for every employee on holidays.
Positive work environment
Customer account specialist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Definitely a fast paced office. Enjoyed assisting customers and sales reps with their daily needs. Our satellite office consisted of 4 people with the main location in Auburn, Indiana. Wished we could have continued with our office but the CEO needed the entire operation to be in 1 location.
long day
A1 Courier & Delivery Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 1, 2016
like the long days driving and delivering package and other items to people homes that was a full days work 5 days a week.it was great to get in early and return home early to enjoy the rest of the day with family.
Pros
enjoyable
Productive work place
Messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Delivers oral or written messages.
Collects and distributes paperwork, such as records or timecards, from one department to another.
Marks, tabulates, and files articles and records.
use office equipment, such as envelope-sealing machine, letter opener, record shaver, stamping machine, and transcribing machine. deliver items to other business establishments.
specialize in delivering mail, messages, documents, and packages between departments of establishment and be designated Messenger, Office.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no health care
Fast paced and team work is a plus. railroad jobs are what i'm after.
Stevedore/messenger/train inspection/clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYAugust 3, 2015
Very fast paced mornings usually. A lot of good overtime if you like to work hard like i do. I got along with my work peers and management. Hardest part was extreme heat and very cold winters. Outside all the time. Overtime and making money was my drive to take care of my family.
Pros
Overtime and free gear for all conditions.
Cons
pain on the body after a long week.
Productive and excellent training classes
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJuly 8, 2015
The ten years I spent as a messenger for brinks I learn how to stay focus and became very obedient about daily task. Even though they allowed plenty of overtime your daily route was filled with timed pick up and deliveries which prepared me for smooth days or days with turbulence. As such a company brinks provided many different training's which lead me to make wise and safe decisions.
Pros
the training and overtime
Cons
No real break time
Co-Workers was great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Coming into work was fun in the am. We chat load currency up and hit the road. Most customers was a joy to serve and interact with. Management was a handful to deal with at times. He wasn't a very nice guy most of the times but he had his moments. The hardest part about the job was the danger factor of carrying money in and out of locations.
Pros
Free lunch at some customer locations.
Cons
We really didn't have a lunch break we had to eat on the go.
A productive and fun work place with enjoyable co-workers
Acting Supervisor/ Messenger (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAAugust 10, 2015
Every day was productive and supportive. Management was more focused more on how the staff could grow in their mistakes and less on how our mistakes would put us back for the day.
A very good job and great work environment
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 29, 2015
A very good job and great work environment... The Publisher was the best lady to work for. Exciting place to work everyday. We were a team. And always fun producing something different everyday.
Pros
An exciting place to work and good people to work with
Cons
Not any to mention
great company
Brinks armoured (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
great company .. only thing is the danger side of it.. you transport what everybody wants...MONEY!!! No real job security as they work on a contract bases with customers so if contract is lost there is a possibility that hours will be cut or layoffs will occur.. however there are people who have been there for years
Overall just a job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  ManhattanJanuary 23, 2015
start at 5am work until 5pm pick up packages and deliver packages.
what i learned hmm was my way around manhattan.
Management hmm nothing fantastic just guys who punched a clock collected a check and that pretty much it.
really did not deal with any co workers i had a set route and was never really dealing with others in the job.
the hard days work was enjoyable
Pros
the money
Cons
no. sick time, vacation, raises, or advancement options
Great Job!
Curier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
I was able to put hundred percent of my effort into this job, because the staff was receptive, and communicated in a healthy manor. I learned time management, punctuality, self discipline, and my way around Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley. This is a more individualized job so the only road block to success is yourself. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you're always on the go. I prefer fast paced environment. So this was a good fit for me especially being new to Los Angeles.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, independence.
Cons
independent contractor, traffic.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2015
this job has a decent pay overall I would recommend to others everyone has their own outlook on different companies. management isn't so great.
productive
bike messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day is just bike riding through the city delivering packages the biggest learning experience about this is that it helps you be on time for certain things the hardest part is bike riding in the city what i enjoy the most is the cardio.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Horrible Pay, Horrible Bosses, Horrible Atmosphere
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 28, 2014
They don't care about anything except their money. They'll send you out in horrible weather even if they know it's coming. Raises are only 1% a year, you don't get vacation until after 2 years. If you put a complaint in all they do is say "it's under investigation" and that's as far as it goes. No one cares about the job, so if you're good at it, the extra work gets thrown at you. They don't care how late you're on route as long as the work gets done, and then expects you to turn around hours later for a new day. You only cap at $15/hr, no matter how long you work there.
Cons
bad raises, bad pay, bad employers, bad co-workers
Delivered/picked up and reconciled valuables at contracted client locations.
Armored Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MADecember 13, 2013
My days at work were typical long no day was the same. I made any where from 40 to 60 stops a day. Working as a messenger was a benefit for me because it taught to better communicate with all kinds of personalities. The management was fair and i got along with co-workers very well. Completing a days work under heavy pressure. I love providing professional customer service.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
it was hard to enjoy lunch
Good place to work with a lot of unexpecting events
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 6, 2013
A typical work day is fast pace to get out of the shop. I have learned a lot about the financial industry of takeing in and sending out currency. The management is awsome always expecting a the best out of each employee and knows how to laugh and joke. My Co-Workers were great to be with, Always looking out for each other and wanting to help. The hardest part of the job is lifting the multiple heavy bags of coin. The most enjoyable part is the ride threw the different areas.
an educational job that opened many doors
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2013
a day at work for this messenger company was enlightening. I was able to learn Manhattan and about a lot of corporate businesses. management gave me a chance to step up a little so they promoted me to dispatcher. I had a co-worker that showed me how to work inside and outside and the hardest part of the job was not letting my co-workers/messengers get their way. but, rules first. the enjoyable part was acknowledging that in spite of me being team leader, I knew we all was in it together so we had to make it work.
Pros
more multitasking.
Cons
less smoke and coffee breaks
Productive. Your check is what effort you put into biking running so many times.
Need It Now Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2012
Compensation isn't that good. Economy standards. Bad versus goog , a good one. Percentages. Job security isn't all that great or unless. Unless your a government employee.
Being on call all day, and, within all areas of the office . Being with the dispatcher or the office bosses. And the the management is and isn't in in your face all day. Work life and life balance can be a, little, hectic!
Pros
more breaks tips.
Cons
can get more competitive.
Fast paced working experience
Rainbow Courier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 25, 2012
Overall, I have learned to perform outstanding customer service in every situation. I have learned to work in a fast pace and be able to organize or sorting documents from firms to courts. I have learned to make sure to obtain all signatures from deliveries. I also filed documents that firms needed done at the courts or other firms that the pick ups are delivered to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Messenger. Our community is ready to answer.