Messenger Employee Reviews

great job driving all over Los Angeles
drriver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 1, 2017
driving my own car and listening to music all day ample over time. management was very friendly. co workers were extreme;y friendly and i was great and on time with my deliveries
Cons
traffic
Southern California Messengers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Very busy messenger service, located on Miracle Mile. I was a CSR, taking incoming phone orders from clients. Mostly just small packages and envelopes were delivered. Occasionally a larger item would require a lager vehicle that would be assigned as needed. I would sometime take a delivery, but this was a rare occurrence. The company would also deliver artificial hear valves to local Hospitals, from inventory located in the office.
Pros
Solid and Professional Orgaization
Cons
Too far from my home
Wonderful job environment
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 16, 2016
Great job for a busy college student starting out in the law area. Supportive company who is involved with employees and provides fun events such as the Christmas party, catered lunches, and hams for every employee on holidays.
Ok place to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 6, 2016
Very bad communication. Dispatcher and owner want you to be at different places at the same time. Trucks are in very poor shape and no maintenance is done.
long day
A1 Courier & Delivery Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 1, 2016
like the long days driving and delivering package and other items to people homes that was a full days work 5 days a week.it was great to get in early and return home early to enjoy the rest of the day with family.
Pros
enjoyable
Positive work environment
Customer account specialist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Definitely a fast paced office. Enjoyed assisting customers and sales reps with their daily needs. Our satellite office consisted of 4 people with the main location in Auburn, Indiana. Wished we could have continued with our office but the CEO needed the entire operation to be in 1 location.
Productive work place
Messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Delivers oral or written messages.
Collects and distributes paperwork, such as records or timecards, from one department to another.
Marks, tabulates, and files articles and records.
use office equipment, such as envelope-sealing machine, letter opener, record shaver, stamping machine, and transcribing machine. deliver items to other business establishments.
specialize in delivering mail, messages, documents, and packages between departments of establishment and be designated Messenger, Office.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no health care
A productive and fun work place with enjoyable co-workers
Acting Supervisor/ Messenger (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAAugust 10, 2015
Every day was productive and supportive. Management was more focused more on how the staff could grow in their mistakes and less on how our mistakes would put us back for the day.
Fast paced and team work is a plus. railroad jobs are what i'm after.
Stevedore/messenger/train inspection/clerk (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, NYAugust 3, 2015
Very fast paced mornings usually. A lot of good overtime if you like to work hard like i do. I got along with my work peers and management. Hardest part was extreme heat and very cold winters. Outside all the time. Overtime and making money was my drive to take care of my family.
Pros
Overtime and free gear for all conditions.
Cons
pain on the body after a long week.
Productive and excellent training classes
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAJuly 8, 2015
The ten years I spent as a messenger for brinks I learn how to stay focus and became very obedient about daily task. Even though they allowed plenty of overtime your daily route was filled with timed pick up and deliveries which prepared me for smooth days or days with turbulence. As such a company brinks provided many different training's which lead me to make wise and safe decisions.
Pros
the training and overtime
Cons
No real break time
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2015
this job has a decent pay overall I would recommend to others everyone has their own outlook on different companies. management isn't so great.
Co-Workers was great
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Coming into work was fun in the am. We chat load currency up and hit the road. Most customers was a joy to serve and interact with. Management was a handful to deal with at times. He wasn't a very nice guy most of the times but he had his moments. The hardest part about the job was the danger factor of carrying money in and out of locations.
Pros
Free lunch at some customer locations.
Cons
We really didn't have a lunch break we had to eat on the go.
A very good job and great work environment
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 29, 2015
A very good job and great work environment... The Publisher was the best lady to work for. Exciting place to work everyday. We were a team. And always fun producing something different everyday.
Pros
An exciting place to work and good people to work with
Cons
Not any to mention
great company
Brinks armoured (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
great company .. only thing is the danger side of it.. you transport what everybody wants...MONEY!!! No real job security as they work on a contract bases with customers so if contract is lost there is a possibility that hours will be cut or layoffs will occur.. however there are people who have been there for years
productive
bike messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day is just bike riding through the city delivering packages the biggest learning experience about this is that it helps you be on time for certain things the hardest part is bike riding in the city what i enjoy the most is the cardio.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
driver / messenger
Armed Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Driving to stores picking up money and going to banks and deliver money
Overall just a job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  ManhattanJanuary 23, 2015
start at 5am work until 5pm pick up packages and deliver packages.
what i learned hmm was my way around manhattan.
Management hmm nothing fantastic just guys who punched a clock collected a check and that pretty much it.
really did not deal with any co workers i had a set route and was never really dealing with others in the job.
the hard days work was enjoyable
Pros
the Money
Cons
no. sick time, vacation, raises, or advancement options
nice place tO work at
Postmates Courier Service (Former Employee) –  brookyln nyJanuary 20, 2015
Highly recommended this company to work at. Have recently told a couple buddy of mine of this job to see if I can get them into it
Pros
nice people
Cons
working in bad weather
Flexible work schedule
COURIER/DRIVER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2014
The Messenger Company has excellent schedule flexibility. I have learn to have good customer service skills, and maintain a strick task schedule.
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement
Great Job!
Curier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
I was able to put hundred percent of my effort into this job, because the staff was receptive, and communicated in a healthy manor. I learned time management, punctuality, self discipline, and my way around Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley. This is a more individualized job so the only road block to success is yourself. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you're always on the go. I prefer fast paced environment. So this was a good fit for me especially being new to Los Angeles.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff, independence.
Cons
Independent contractor, traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Messenger. Our community is ready to answer.