messiah college Employee Reviews

Excellent place for Christians to grow in their faith while also growing intellectually
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Grantham, PAJune 1, 2015
Messiah College was a great college where I grew spiritually, intellectually and socially. I became invested in several meaningful relationships and became a great leader.
Fun and Friendly Work Environment
Campus Events Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 11, 2015
Work would start at 3:15, and all the workers including myself would meet in the campus events office and be given instructions for what needed to be done that day. Campus events supervisors were very friendly and always clear with there instructions and expectations. Working with other students made the job more enjoyable. Work is finished at 11:45pm.
Work / Home and Family / Full time student
Information Technology Services & Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 29, 2015
The Messiah College staff was very accommodating of my class schedule and load and also held education and family as a higher calling when issues arose. The staff was helpful to answer questions and instruct when needed.
Strong teamwork develped through weekly meetings.
Maintenance and Custodial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2014
Strong teamwork and constant deadline orientated environment
Pros
freedom to supervise co-op student workers to meet needed requirements.
Cons
short staffed
Supportive and enjoyable work environment
Intern, Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 11, 2014
Great opportunity to work with experienced college counselors.
Pros
flexible schedule
...
Rec Sports Official (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 29, 2014
It was great to work here, I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with, but at times I thought that it needed a little more organization.
Maintenance of hangout of Messiah College
Union Café Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 13, 2014
--Worked independently to maintain the healthy environment of Café area
--Responsible for stocking supplies for the cleaning of the Café
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grantham, PAMarch 6, 2014
Very friendly people and employees. Easy job, fun employees.
Good people doing great work
Officer (Former Employee) –  Grantham, PASeptember 13, 2013
Good employees who worked hard to protect and serve. Environment was tough at times as they balance education versus punitive actions on the students that were offenders. The department had a great purpose though and built good relationships with the students, even the difficult ones.
Excellent work environment conducive to personal growth
Investment Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 2, 2013
I regularly performed analysis of the investment portfolios, including but not limited to sector, performance, and historical analysis. I also made recommendations for new investments upon intensive research which must meet strict criteria that are set forth by the Investment Subcommittee at Messiah College. The position required careful analysis and discernment of quality ethical practices and procedures and must operate under a high level of integrity.
Great place to start nursing education
Instructor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Granthum paOctober 13, 2012
Adjunct but able to include theory and clinical instruction. Wonderful and supportive staff and faculty
Messiah College Review
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grantham,PAMay 9, 2012
A typical work day included cleaning the mens and women's bathrooms. I learned how to effectively clean a bathroom which also helped with the maintenance of my bathroom at home. I worked alone which was also an added incentive. I enjoy working with others;however, for this particular job I enjoyed the solace that it provided.
Pros
job began after hours, which allowed for uninterrupted work flow
Excellent Christian Liberal Arts College
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Grantham PAFebruary 25, 2012
I taught in the Department of Nursing. I was hired to use my expertise in trans-cultural nursing to develop international and cross-cultural national experiences for nursing majors. Other departments in the college asked me to teach with them to inject cultural material into their courses, as well. This was very stimulating to me and I learned so much as I interacted with those outside my normal world of nursing.

Students were amazing. They came to college with many experiences already and could really maximize their college years. It was a privilege to help them reach their goals.
Pros
explicit campus philosophy, dedicated students and faculty, commitment to excellence in education, good benefits
Cons
appeals to a narrow segment of the population, many boundaries which some may not appreciate
great students to work with
main campus (Former Employee) –  ProfessorNovember 6, 2011
I taught Communication and English courses at Messiah. I also directed the Writing Center there and a summer program for conditionally-admitted students called START. The work was full and demanding, yet the experience in the classroom was a joy. I treasure the rapport with students in the learning experience.
Pros
students
Cons
institutional leadership