MetLife Employee Reviews

Best Job I Ever Left
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 3, 2014
Working at MetLife was the worse experience I have ever had. I came into MetLife ready to challenge myself, develop, and make a difference. I was warned not to work for this company by a friend but I ignored the warning and accepted the offer. It only took me a week after onboarding to realize something was not right about this company.

-Lack of training and/or clear directions. My manager did not even know what part of a project I would be assigned to for a month. Once directions were given to me, it had nothing to do with what I was hired to do.
-Please be aware that MetLife has a bait and switch policy they are not telling new hires about. You will be hired for one role and do something totally opposite of what you were hired to do. I was reduced to copying and pasting information from one document to another. I was told this was very important and critical to the success of the team. It was all lies.
-Don't believe anything the outsourced recruiters tell you. They all tell lies! The are just try to fill seats because MetLife has made a commitment to the state of North Carolina to hire a certain number of people by the end of 2015. You don't interview with your actual hiring manager.
-That brings me to another point, they try to sell this whole start up environment where you are able to be innovative and they are looking to change. They tell you they want your input but don't believe this. MetLife can care less about your ideas. They do nothing with the feedback they are given. The work culture at this site seems forced.
-I co-founded an infinite group and was told I was
  more... doing excellent things but my manager was such a micro manager, I was banned from attending any meetings or activities. I was even reprehended for attending a meeting with my fellow co-founder to discuss a growth plan for the group.
-Managers are terrible! They are process managers, not people manager and it really shows in their management style. I was told by my manager that she's managed hundreds of people, but that still does not make a you a great manager. Most people got to management purely because of the number of years they have worked for a company. The "Peter Principle" applies here.
-My team's leader brought over her well established buddy group from a previous company. How is MetLife making a change when you allow people to bring in their friends who don't want to see change?
-MetLife has people who have worked at this company for 20+ years and that's all they know is MetLife. They've never worked for another company to get a diverse view of how things operate outside of MetLife.
-No matter how much MetLife tries to sell this whole, "we are the next big technology company", your products and services all tie back to insurance. I'm sorry but insurance is not "sexy" in the tech industry. Take it from me a recent college grad, this is not the place you want to start your career.
-MetLife built this whole entry level program that is supposed to give recent college grads the tools they need to be successful. They basically shield these people from what reality actually is at MetLife. No matter how much you try to make this a "fun" program., these participants will leave your company once the 6 months of "fun" is over. They are basically feeding these people 6 months of "MetLife Kool-Aid", having them delusional to reality at MetLife. The "Kool-Aid" wore off fast for me and it's a lot more of these senior leaders who are and have been drinking the Kool-Aid for a long time.
-My job working at McDonald's in high school was better than working for MetLife. I would rather flip burgers alongside coworkers who actually care about you and managers who actually know how to manage people rather than work at MetLife.
-I regressed while I was at this company. I thank God I am no longer at this company.
benefits
Cons
management, management and senior management
No work/life balance, overworked and under valued
STD/FMLA Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 5, 2012
-Typical day included coming in and checking the constant emails that were sent by supervisors/managers, EA reviews/or claim reviews that the supervisors were in charge of completing. There was rarely time to get to reviewing these claim reviews as the day went crazy faced paced and you could hardly stop to take a breath.

-Supervisors/managers completely micromanaged the day. There was no time for breaks, lunch or even time to get up and go to the bathroom!!!!

-Supervisors sent out list of all required calls to EE/ER that had to be completed within 2 hours-complete and total/complete utter lack of team work as no one would ever offer help. These calls had to be completed within 2 hours and if there weren't, it could be grounds for termination. Some times I had over 10 calls to complete-yet, no one ever offered to help The manager claims "kept notice of this" but I dont think there was time too.

-Managers assigned a case load of claims for different customers (some big/small customers) and highlighted the sections(it was distributed on an excel spreadsheet) that absolutely had to be done that day-no excuses. There were days where I had over 100 tasks + on my list and some days I would finish them (but keep in mind, I never took lunch), and I took initiative to help my team out-I wanted to look good but at the end of the day, didn't matter. I was also always assigned my team members work. It really frustrated me that management would always give me twice the amount of work as my co workers and I was held to a different standard then they were. I figured if I could get through
  more... all my work, why can't they? They all lacked claims management and time management. I was one of the fastest case specialists on my team but again, I was nothing but a number to management. Because I was also given twice/three times the amount of work, there was no time for lunches/breaks/or bathroom time. There was also other lists for claims that needed to be reviewed and we had to respond no matter what. If we didn't get to it, we were definitely told about it.

-Employees are nothing but numbers to management and performance was all measured on how many claims did you touch, how many calls to EE/ER were completed within the 2 hour compliance regulation, timeliness( approving/denying a claim within the time frame established by the ER), correct correspondence to EE or ER (if plan required Cc to ER), payment accuracy, how many total tasks/day completed, if review of medical was correct, if CS went to appropriate resources to help make claim decision (i.e. supervisor, nurse, psych nurse). Did we call the employee for two decisions, did we confirm date last worked/first day out. A huge list load of items that we constantly had to follow.

- I worked any where from 45-80 hours/week. In the office and at home. I started from 5:30-6:00AM and went to 11:00pm at times. I was overworked and under valued.

-The good about the company? They have good amount of PTO time and hours are pretty flexible but make sure you dont mind having to work mandatory OT at times. My co workers were pretty nice and helpful. I did also receive awards for some of my hardwork but I would have rather received salary compensation vs a piece of paper stating how great of a customer service skills I have.

-If you dont mind overworking yourself, dont mind lack of team work, and if you dont mind being micromanaged, then ML is the place for you. This place really under values their employees and does not appreciate the hard work, time away from family/relationships.
Pros
good amount of time off and bonuses
Cons
no enough space here to put all the cons of this place-read the review
Productive and informative Company in Strategies, development & recreation.
Cash Manager, (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ,June 5, 2015
A typical day is very productive and engaging. You must be focused and efficient. Team effort, accuracy, and analytical are key components to succeed. Be Proactive and spontaneous to cash flow and liquidity needs. I had a great learning experience from hiring Director, PMU Associates, Treasury Associates, Trade Settlement & other line of business Groups.

I learned to manage Daily cash positions in Treasury Workstation.
Built up great resources within LOB to help produce excellent Cashflow reconciliations for Portfolio management reports and achieved the best True up results in our Team.

I managed liquidity of $8.4B for the second largest Entity. Maintained great Target balances. Ensured that excess Cash were properly invested.Ensures prompt payments met forecast needs for domestic, intracompany and Global needs.Met tight deadlines.Respond to inquiries and request about metrics for the Entity.

I got along well with my co-workers. I'm very pleasant and have excellent interpersonal skills. Willing to help others and am consistent with my work ethics.

The hardest part of my job was when we had System failures and you are running behind your deadlines. If your End of day NAV report ended up with an error, sometimes it was easily resolved sometimes it might be hectic because of a System failure.

I love cash management and with my accounting degree it makes me more discipline and have strong integrity to accomplish my work efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the day after a Principal & Interest day. (P&I) to ensure that all cashflows were properly
  more... accounted for with correct Portfolios. This is one of the key factor that gave the insight that accurate accountability were done to produce General Ledger Balances. EOD NAV Reports were done correctly.

These are contributors to excellent true up results. Maintained good insights of upcoming cash requirement.
I loved when we had End of quarter True Up meetings and my results were good. The Team, PMU group and other LOB got to hear who did the job.
Pros
Company had lunch and learn meetings, served free lunch. Christmas party, Summer Picnic and Executives Summer Deserts to Associates.
Cons
No assigned hours for breaks but could take a few minutes. Medical, up to the individual.
Financial planner helps the financial advisors for advising customers on Retirement, Insurance, Education, Tax, Estate and Mortgage planning. It gives
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Princeton,NjAugust 8, 2013
• Involved in the analysis specification, design, implementation phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the project was developed using Rational Unified Process.
• Provided technical guidance to business analysts, gather the requirements and convert them into technical specifications.
• Dynamic web pages are developed using JSF 2.0, JavaBeans, xHtml, JavaScript and Custom Tags.
• Configured Spring to inject DAO objects into business layer and Hibernate to map POJOs with Oracle Database tables using XML configuration file.
• MVC components, implemented event handling using Java, JSF, AJAX components and JavaScript for the multi tier application.
• Implemented Singleton to access DAO, Business Delegate and Session Façade.
• Implemented JSF Converters to handle formatting and localization and configured the faces-config.xml to create a web application navigation rule.
• Wrote JUnit test cases to test the Optimization Module and created functions, sub queries and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
• Developed many Indexes for performance and worked in fine tuning the SQL queries.
• Wrote JavaScript client side validations for user account information based on business rules.
• Handled final builds, deployments and management using ANT scripts to customize EAR, WAR and JAR files and the application is deployed on Jboss Application Server.
• Involved in design and development of the application using MVC design patterns.
• Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with Hibernate and Struts.
• Implemented Persistence layer using Hibernate to interact
  more... with DB2.
• Developed logging module-using Log4J to create log files for debugging and tracing purposes.
• As a Senior Programmer involved in design phase and assisting the team to develop admin UI services like manage users, roles, messages, etc., using Spring MVC and Acegi security
• Worked closely with the testing team in creating new Test cases and also created the Use cases for the module before the testing phase.
MS SQL Server / SSRS/SSIS/ SSAS Developer
SSAS Developer (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 5, 2014
• Worked on the complete life cycle of the project from design to implementation.
• Designed, Developed and Deployed various kinds of reports like ad-hoc reports, drilldown reports, drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS-2005
• Generated various reports like Cascade type reports, Tabular reports, and Drill down reports
• Transformed data from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages
• Designed and developed, Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
• Performed migration from legacy systems (Mainframe, Sybase, and Oracle) to SQL Server Using SSIS.
• Applied expertise in designing and optimizing the various T-SQL database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, cursors, indexes and triggers using Management Studio.
• Worked in all the phases of the SDLC life cycle.
• Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases
• Configured packages using SSIS configuration utility. Tested Packages against wrong data
• Designed a new schema for the Data Mart databases
• Migrated reports from Crystal Reports 9 to SSRS 2005
• Used the Execute DTS 2000 package task to execute DTS packages
• Developed report specifications, created and modified reports using SSRS 2005
• Generated Assessment Reports to analyze the Scope and Complexity of the migration projects
• Scheduled reports and exported in PDF format
  more... Created Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients
• Created MDX queries to extract data from the Data Mart
• Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables used to perform analysis and used various services like KPI's, Partitions, Calculated Members and actions
• Created OLAP Cubes from the integrated data from the packages that were built in SSIS and generated reports on those cubes
• Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS-2005
Productive and Fun Environment
Sr. SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer (Former Employee) –  Troy, New YorkJune 27, 2012
Responsibilities:
 Gathered and analyzed the business requirements and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data architect on the development of logical data models.
 Implementation of SQL Server Management Studio 2008 for creating Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and User Defined Functions.
 Main contact for vendor regarding technical and user issues for the design, development.
 Developed mid-size projects for outside venders coordinating with Offshore by using DET, FTP for file transmission.
 Analyzed project estimation, impact analysis laying out end to end high level design.
 Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
 Designed and developed ETL Mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to data mart.
 Created SQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data and also involved in index partitioning for performance and Manageability.
 Developed complex and dynamic ETL/SSIS(2008) Reusable Packages to extract data from DB2, SQL Server 2005, Multi formatted Flat files and Excel files.
 Wrote scripts for data acquisition in VB.Net and C#.Net
 Done Performance tuning for ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures
 Created copies of operational Databases using the Import/Export Wizard for reviewing.
 Used pmcmd command, for running of the sessions, inside the UNIX shell scripts and reviewed the code to maintain proper logic implementation/quality standard.
 Created and scheduled workflows using SQL Server Agent and Maestro Job to load data into
  more... destination database.
 Monitored the jobs on a daily basis and looked at the session logs to see if jobs completed successfully.
 Used Analysis Services (SSAS) processing task to update with the current data.
 Tested the UNIX scripts which support the data loading in Data warehouse.
 Performed unit testing, point-to-point and integration testing to confirm ETL code integrity. Support the System Testing and Defect fixing.
MetLife Investments was a great workplace for me.
Administrative and Finance (Investments) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 27, 2013
A typical day at Met was first thing to compile all prospectuses and distribute them to the bond traders on the trading floor. After reviewing the prospectuses, they would return them to me to with checked key information pertaining to the company within the industries the analysts are covering. The second task for the day would be to gather all credit ratings from all three credit rating agencies (S&P, Moodys and Fitch), compile and input them into Charles River System. I learned all investment banking and financial analysis system such as CreditSights for analysts' credit coverage,
Credit Navigator for analysts' credit information, Analysts' credit opinion on Capital IQ database, Thomson Financial CCBN StreetEvents and Factset Callstreet for quarterly earnings, transcripts, and briefs, Credit Management Fixit, Test Director and SNL Management was great. One of the managers I work with in the Global Credit Research Unit always had me taking financial analysis classes. My co-workers at Met were also team oriented. The hardest part of the job was when it was time for quarterly earnings reports, when I had to research all 10-K's and 10-Q's, Financial Supplementary Reports and schedule quarterly earnings calls. These were the hardest but there was a way in which I thought critically and analyze how to get these done to make it easier for the analysts and their direct reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was when these tasks were done and things were in place for the analyst who covers what company in sectors of finance, aerospace and defense, consumer products, energy and
  more... utilities, we all got the glory and was spoken of with compliments at the Unit's bi-weekly meetings. This always made me to go above and beyond my job duties.  less
Pros
this is no example for me: of course free lunches, great admin day and holiday gifts. this is what i missed the most at metlife investments, inc.
Cons
would work so hard sometimes without having lunch. would also stay longer hours at work.
MetLife Review
Supervisor, Business Analyst & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work .... it changed every day. Though you go into your office thinking about meetings that you need to attend, calls that need to be made and emails that need to be returned, in my role as a supervisor, within the first hour of every day my "outline of the day" would change. I would need to anticipate associates calling out for sick time, those on vacation days and other unexpected items. Compiling a game plan to distribute to all associates by 9 AM while factoring in these complex components was certainly a challenge however, the associates needed the guidance and structure and this game plan was able to provide the structure they required.
I learned quite a bit about myself and my abilities as a leader especially during the last 12 months in my role. During this time, we were aware that the company was relocating to North Carolina. I had to maintain my own moral as well as the associates (28) now reporting to me. I was able to encourage the associates to continue to do well, our customers depend on us. With very minimal interruption to the customers we, as a team, were successful in maintaining our service excellence with our customers.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the staff and my customers. All of which I have built solid relationships with for 8 years during which time not only did we learn the business but we learned about each other on some personal levels. This formed a bond and a foundation for continued success.
The most enjoyable part of my job - it would be the success of my employees. Seeing each have drive and determination
  more... for whatever their personal career goals were, and watching / assisting them with this advancement and then to see them achieve these goals was monumental. Being able to assist in their career advancement by suggesting classes for them to take, advising of opportunities to participate in group activities and more, this was my greatest accomplishment. Their success was a part of my success.  less
Big company with an abundance of human capital but its needs better systems
Investments (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 15, 2012
The culture is results-oriented, professional and principles-based, think "squeeky clean". This is not a place for the undisciplined or those unwilling to "play the game". The work environment is positive, generally collegial and employees seem to be proud to work there.

Organizational structure is well thought-out with execution in mind, machine-like but can be siloed as a result. Job functions range from being highly compartmentalized to broader, decision-making roles held by a very few, highly experienced managers. Given the organizational structure, it can take years to understand the entire execution process. However, it is a matrix-based organization where employees are encouraged to respond to external requests as priorities allow.

At the senior level, there is a core team of talented and highly experienced professionals with a domestic bent (given their historical focus). At more junior levels there is a considerable depth of talent. While there are opportunities for solid less experienced associates to move laterally, it can take years to move up into the senior ranks.

Management ranges from truly outstanding to less so (protective, defensive).

Core systems are often somewhat antiquated given the breadth of their activities (they have good people that figure out workarounds) but the Company seems to get this and is investing to upgrade.

The Company is "going global" and trying to respond to numerous challenges globalization presents.
Pros
collegial work place, core team of experienced, capable people, nj suburban location
Cons
advancement opportunities limited, compartmentalization limits learning opportunities, systems antiquated.
Not what I expected
Jr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Coming into this company as a new entry level hire, I was told that there would be training provided since my degree and background didn't particularly fit into the IT field. I was never provided the training I was promised by the hiring team. So basically, I was thrown into a situation that made it difficult for me. I was just assigned the role of being a Lead on a huge project. Remember, I'm just entry level and the role required zero years of experience. Now I'm given a task that requires some project management skills. Excellent skill sets to have but I was never given the foundation to be successful. Kept asking my manager for the training I was promised but I was blown off consistently. Talked to HR and the lady was no help at all. I feel like it was a bait and switch situation for me.I have basically regressed. There are a lot of unhappy people at this location. I know this because no one is shy to tell you how their job sucks. Senior management keeps having these focus groups so they can hear people's concerns ( that should tell you something) but nothing is done to fix the problems. MetLife just moved into Raleigh and they are having big problems already. The whole domestic outsourcing makes your job difficult as well because the people feel like you're a threat. I have been talked down to and insulted in emails from my "buddy" who is suppose to transition her work over to me. I gave up some much to move to Raleigh and oh the recruitment process sucked as well. I'm basically kicking myself now for taking this job.
Pros
benefits, coworkers are nice, diversity, decent salary
Cons
no clear objectives on how to be successful in your role, management
Information Technology Leader - Profile Summary
Senior Management - Technology Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2012
Information Technology Leader with a proven track record of ensuring adequate infrastructure capacity and efficient performance ratios to support operational and technology goals. Implemented enterprise technology solutions that improved cost effectiveness and business expectations. Provided innovative and collaborative problem-solving solutions that were highly effective and consistent in delivering productivity improvements, cost savings and enhanced profitability. Results included optimized technologies and best practices for applications and infrastructure hardware.

• Trusted Business Partner who collaborates with leadership concerning capacity planning, performance analysis, infrastructure demand management, asset management and technology operation. Demonstrates sound decision making when presented with rapidly changing facts to effectively model and recommend technology solutions. Delivered adequate and cost effective system solutions with consistency and predictability supporting 100MM customers with $50B in revenue.

• Technology Strategist able to leverage technology as a champion for innovation while creating enterprise value through optimization and virtualization of existing and future technology to positively affect bottom line results.

• Team Leader focused on developing and maintaining a high quality team of dedicated technology associates to deliver efficient, cost effective technology solutions in alignment with corporate goals, policy and strategic direction.
Good company to work for, with excellent benefits
New Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at work, would be to review retirement applications for accuracy. Ensuring that the correct contract application was submitted and all the required fields where filled out. Also ensuring that the supplimental forms are submitted and correctly filled out. Follow up contact made to the agent to obtain the necessary information needed to process their contracts. I learned a lot while working with the department, particularily time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Each contract is specify and needs to be handled with care. With very little management supervison, we relied on one another to stay up to date with specific handling of certain contracts. Being the newest member of the team, I depended on my co-workers for guidance and they we're very helpful. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all the information was submitted correctly, the application version, the data entry, the supplimental forms per individual states, the in good order dates and the follow up. Though the most enjoyable part of the job with brainstorming as a team, to come up with the best method of handling uncommon applications and learning new procedures to ensure that you've done everything necessary prior to submitting each and every individual contract.
Pros
one hour lunch breaks, down to earth directors/ceo
Cons
self paced (your required to figure out everything on your own), lack of communication from the supervisor, no downtime, continuous work, favortism, my department was very disappointed
Challenging and rewarding
Production Management consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CtJune 4, 2014
My last few years with met life was very rewarding, the tasks of my team where to reduce operating costs, through conversion or removal of little used software, run time reduction, database tuning, scheduling changes and removal of manual intervention. I managed a team of 4 to 10 off-shore resources, who through my guidance became a self-sufficient team yielding over the last 3 years with a savings of over 4.5 million in operating costs. During those years I also created tools and guidelines for corporate data FTP's in and out of the company, converting over 3,000 jobs using those guidelines.
The most rewarding part of the job was to take a team of green employees and train them, seeing them grow and become a self-sufficient team, able to manage themselves as well as gain respect as a team who could "get the job done".
One of the hardest parts of my job was in convening other managers that an off-shore team could be both effective and productive. Usually after the team did work for any manager we would get their support for future projects.
Thanks to my management, who believed in the team and my ability to lead them, both technically and project wise, we made a difference.
It's a shame that MetLife decided to move it's base of operations to another state, for I know there was still a lot of improvement work I could have overseen for them.
Pros
work hour flexability
Cons
releases management needs improving
Disfunctional organizational culture
Finance (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 8, 2012
There is an incredible difference between groups, organizations, and locations in terms of the organizational culture. Some allow flex time or remote work options where others do not. I have worked in four very different groups (3 different locations), and while there were a few decent managers the vast majority did not have the skills to properly manage people or process. There also appears to be little emphasis on developing these skills in managers. There are many high level managers known to have long histories of unethical or unprofessional conduct as well as substantial HR complaints filed against them. In addition their turnover rates are extraordinary. Yet the company makes no effort to reform their behavior or remove them. It is the norm to provide little if any training for associates in new roles. The Onboarding process for new associates is disorganized and not standardized company wide. Advancement is often only possible through nepotism (if you are lucky) or job hopping within the company. Currently IT infrastructure is outdated and unintegrated, though there are plans to spend a lot of $ on IT in the coming years. After years of downsizing many people are over worked while others are underutilized. Internal communication between departments is poor. The list goes on....
Cons
poor organizational culture and career advancement opportunities
Work life balance does not exist at all in parts of the company for last 3-4 years
Remittance Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLMarch 29, 2012
As work was moved offshore, headcount ruled. So what happened is they went with the headcount, never taking into account that offshore would be sending work back onshore for handling known as referrals. End result onshore does not have enough associates to do the work that was left, and now has also to do the work sent back from offshore. And is then being held accountable for not making the targets. Offshore is not being held accountable and Customer Service is suffering as is the morale of the onshore associates. And the supervisors and managers onshore are between the rock and hard place. Being told too much overtime is being used, why is your team not making its goal. Meanwhile defects in the systems that are over a year old still not being fixed which is not helping the situation. End result will be middle management will be held accountable and let go, as senior management will not admit that any part of the issue was theirs in moving more headcount offshore than they should have.
To go with this parts of the company for a number of years had decided that associates who met expectations did not get merit raises, and only changed that in the last year.
Pros
benefits are still some of the best available, health, pto, entire selection
Cons
too many hours to work, no work life balance, morale all time low
Managing the projects and BAU for Metflie Infrastructure team
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 22, 2012
 Currently managing the Notes cleanup project involving 12 phases of varied complexity. Primary tasks include actively managing the Project Plan, its deliverables, Risk & Issue Log Management.
 Assisted the business in developing process document and the planning document to decommission, archive around 3000 applications. Assisted in preparing FAQs document for various Database registry applications which are a part of a massive cleanup exercise for the Global Exchange Migration Project.
 Effectively managed the communication as per the CMP and kept the stakeholders well informed on the project status.
 Project Management of Outbound EI&A infrastructure projects.
 Developed project plans, Technical Specification document and contributed towards planning and controlling the testing, debugging and integration of the POC for Cloud Computing and it’s migration.
 Accountable for managing the service delivery for Messaging Engineering Department.
 Currently handling the IT Delivery Management for the outsourced Siemens/ATOS IT team.
 Managing the ongoing maintenance, support and integration of developed applications.
 Serving as a technical mentor to Operational staffs and supporting technical team management.
 Assisting in project issues both procedural and technical
Terrible training and worst job I have ever had
Csr II (Former Employee) –  Minis burg ohioSeptember 10, 2014
When I was hired it was suppose to be A 3 month training course. They threw us I the phone in the first week. They used us to answer the phones just to transfer customers to another department. This made for angry customers because they were on hold for so long just to have us pick up the phone to find out who they wanted to talk to just to put them on hold again. I have worked for many call centers I tried so hard to get in MetLife just to see what a terrible company they were to work for. The math is ridiculous! Most people didn't get it as well as the customers. They put you on the floor and do a review in a few weeks. They told me I was at a 74% and needed more help. They had a helpers sit with me for 6 hrs where all she did was text on her phone and gave me wrong information where someone had to step in and tell her she was wrong. A few weeks later they did another review and I was at 87% and I was fired for not being at 90%. They packed my things including my glasses with a bunch of junk (tools, someone phone case, lint, tacs, ect) that wasn't mine and just threw them in a box and mailed them to me ( even included some nasty cigar in it that wasn't mine). Very unprofessional! There was a class before mine and after mine which should have told me they go through people fast. My class had 25 and not 10 were left when I was let go. Gee and now they are hiring again.
Great company, great people great place to work.
National Manager of Correspondent Lending (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 25, 2014
Although MetLife decided to close the operations of all incoming mortgage channels such as retail, wholesale and correspondent lending the company overall was a great place to work. I had many employees that I enjoyed working with who I knew years before and will continue to see somewhere down the road there is one thing we all have in common and that is we all enjoyed our tenure at MetLife Home Loans.

The mortgage company in all channels of lending compensated their employees above average and treated everyone very well. The only time I noticed any disappointment was when MetLife decided to close there were several employee's with many years of dedicated service to the company who at the time of closing did not receive a severance only because of the position they were currently in.

My overall experience was wonderful and I wished it would had never closed because it was by far the best company I have worked for to date with the exception of my own business. My own business was by far the best but Metlife came in second place. I hope someday MetLife decides to reopen their mortgage business again because I would love to work for them again.
Pros
great benefits, compensation, location, people and corporate atmosphere.
Cons
just that fact that they closed.
Enjoyable multimedia work environment with use of video and audio software.
Freelance Video Editor & Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RIJuly 5, 2012
I work at MetLife in the Communications/Multimedia/Corporate Creative department where I edit videos of which clients request to help with sales and global marketing.

The best part about my job at MetLife is working with others to complete various multimedia tasks requested by various clients. It is possible for a client to request a video from early 2000, in the case where we only have it in the form of a tape. When we find the tape, we would digitize it using a tape deck (depending on what kind of tape it is). Another possible task is burning and testing x amount of DVDs of certain videos for a client. When editing videos, I usually keep what the client wants in mind in order to tell the story. Then, I send the video for client review when the client may request changes. The video gets revised until it reaches client satisfaction. The videos and animations we create involve Auto & Home Insurance, our new CEO and other company executives, special MetLife ceremonies and events, and more!

Co-workers include Execute Producers, Professional Video Editors, Professional Animators, Multimedia Specialists and IT, Accountant, and Business Operator.
Overall rating is 5 stars - exellent company to work for with regard to benefits, work environment, growth of employees
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTFebruary 18, 2013
In the Account Management arena, no day is typical which is what I enjoy most about the job. Servicing clients of all indsutries is what make my job interesting. I have mastered how to be a Project Management along with establishing solid client relationship skills with Fortune 500 companies. I work with an internal team of associates that are experts in various areas, such as, Contracts, Website, Marketing to fullly execute the task at hand.

The most difficult part of my job is being dependent on other areas to execute their "piece of the puzzle". In those instances where a specfiic area of the implementation resulted in an error/issue, I am responsible for the delivery of the message to the corporate client and creating a resolution to solve for the error/issue.

I most enjoy working with corporate clients. I have a strong ability for establishing a solid, working relationship with my internal team as well as the corporate client even when the prior relationship may not have been as strong.
Pros
great benefits, pension, 401k, generous pto time, associates who care
Cons
no growth in the current product i am supporting