MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search
Great place to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2017
Co-workers are very helpful and eager to help you learn your assignment.
Very diversified environment although they could hire more older people.
Pros
Cean environment
Cons
Long walks from parking area
metlife
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTFebruary 20, 2017
Management is very rude and only favorites certain employees. I did not like the way business was handled. There was more side talk more than anything else.
Pros
leaving at 4:30
Cons
managers are rude and unprofessional
management was overly invasive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, paFebruary 20, 2017
The work was fine; management was like Big Brother watching every thing you did and said. Most people didn't make the cut. Personally, I think that was their intent.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
management was over-the-top
Insurance Company-
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 20, 2017
Product knowledge is a plus
new hire training is provided to everyone.
Good benefits
Management is great.

Company works allows telecommuting part of work life balance indicative.
Pros
Work Life Balance- Telecomuting
Cons
Small Cubes, noise level is to high
Professional Work Experience
FMLA/TAM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTFebruary 16, 2017
Typical day is extremely fast paced and requires a lot of multitasking, great vibe within the workplace, and great staff to assist with issues. Company does provide paid training as well
A good company to work for.
Metrics Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 16, 2017
Solid company with a good reputation. Work life balance. Workforce increasingly becoming very young. Modern work stations and offices.
Inital Action Team Representative
Initial Action Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 16, 2017
• Answer all incoming phone calls for automobile and homeowner claims.
• Input data into the computer.
• Provide excellent customer service.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I worked there 23 years ago and it was great
Learned alot about underwriting and becoming an Account Coordinator. Hardest part of job was the salary
Best part the teamwork
Productive workplace in re
Check/Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2017
MetLife was a growing experience with excellent co-workers. I enjoyed working with the many different teams I had the opportunity to work with, allowing me to learn more about different departments and job functions. As a whole it das a great experience and company to work for.
Pros
Lunches, Company Events, Recognition Programs.
Cons
Job security, Advancement, Uncertainty of the future.
Production was always the top gal
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2017
The company inspired optimal production for all staff. The bar was continually raised and my department consistently met each challenge, exceeding all expectations. The company realized our talent and potential before we did but the experience was invaluable.
Fantastic, challenging work in a great environment.
Manager - Business Systems Analysis (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2017
I have been given great professional opportunities. I have learned from my management, my coworkers and my professional partners.
The hardest parts of my job are the best part of my job!
A great company to work for
Team Lead / Sr. Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 10, 2017
If they did not move the company I would have retired there. 9-6pm job. Learnt new technologies like Datapower, BUildforge, Starteam etc. Management looked after its employees. Excellent worklife balance. Great team players
Pros
excellent compensation and work life balance
Ever-Changing Work Environment
Client Service Consultant, 1000+ Regional Market (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 9, 2017
My over-all tenure with MetLife was 21 years. During this time, I've had the opportunity to work with a lot of different personalities and work styles. The culture is collaborative but competitive and there is a considerable amount of favoritism regarding opportunity and advancement. I would like to continue working for the corporation but in a possible different format.
Large company with room for growth.
A&H Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 6, 2017
I was the primary contact for for large corporate accounts . I monitored the electronic billing process and troubleshooted issues for payroll deductions on policy holders insurance benefits through there employers. I worked closely with the group customer on all questions and concerns for the auto and home voluntary product . on worked in a very high pressure position and was the facilitator for all internal departments assigned to the account.
Pros
advance learning opportunities, healthcare plan
Cons
distance from home, Over worked due to department consolidation
Review
Mortgage Loan Specialist - Decisioner IV (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 2, 2017
This was a very nice office. I had an amazing operations manager who became my mentor and she taught me some amazing organization skills that I still use.
Reviews
Certified Dental Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Pros

- Wonderful benefits and vacation schedule starting in the first year
- Great people to work with
- Willing to help achieve goals
- Highly invested in their employees
- Flexible schedule in emergency situations

Cons

- Stressful sales quotas
- Can have undesirable hours
- Managers not always available

Advice to Management

- Be available to help your associates
MetLIfe
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
This a great company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the job culture is very appealing. It is a very large company so there are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Work commute is long
working for Metlife was a great experience i not only enjoyed wown monyrking there but i learned how to invest my o
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 1, 2017
I would come in make some cold calls. Go to training and then back on the phones. Meet with clients sell products such as mutual funds life insurance, Disability insurance and annuities. i learned how to invest money and how to keep a balanced portfolio. Management was great they were really professional and help full. Work place culture was great everyone was so helpfull. the hardest part of the job prospecting. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you made money for someone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
The market crash of 2008
Assisting people with real financial struggles.
Registered Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 1, 2017
There is a lot of personal time expended but very rewarding in the end. The demands are never ending, be prepared to take your work home with you. Enjoyed the office staff and hearing from the top in the industry.
Everyone has to sell even if your not in that dep
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
• Works with internal partners to manage customer relationships and satisfaction
• Overall accountability for the day-to-day administration of benefits
Responds to client requests and leads projects, provides clients with alternative solutions to requests and can identify possible plan design alternatives, acts as a liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams
• Participates in client account audits and strategic planning process
Stessful job
benefits
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.